Improve Car Control

Discuss other games, movies, or anything you like. Pants optional.

Improve Car Control

Postby Elotion on Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:56 pm

Hey guys,
I have a huge problem in my opinion. My brain just doesn't want to improve while flying backwards. Every time I want to freestyle or just even hit a ball backwards I am not able to do that.
I guess the "problem" is my brain, because If I have to rotate left to hit the ball, my brain automatically pulls the stick to the left but I am flying backwards so I should need to pull it to the right.

Do you guys have an idea how I can improve this kind of "reversed thinking"? I dont even know how to search for general trainings because I dont know how I should call it. Is it "reverse thinking" ? Or is there a specific name for this?

I really would love to read some answers.
Thanks for the attention

Elotion
Elotion
Supersonic

Steam ID: [Nion] Elotion

Re: Improve Car Control

Postby AlexCuse44 on Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:11 pm

The only way I can think to improve this is to practice it. Trust me, you will reach a point where it feels almost natural. It could take an hour, it could take 100. GL
Highest MMR: 1403 (2s)
≈ 1300 hours and still can't half flip :(
AlexCuse44
Expeditious
Expeditious

Steam ID: AlexCuse44
Region: US East

Postby The_deceased on Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:34 pm

And it could take never! Been playing since 2009 (sporadically) and to this day, I cannot pull off reverse aerials. Sometimes I do surprise myself when the situation calls for it, but I cannot simply do it on command. Just keep at it, but don't get worked up over it
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: The_deceased
Region: (US-E/EU/ME)

Postby Scyonite on Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:23 pm

There's nothing else than practice. Although you will need to keep up such a skill slightly once you master it to keep it at that level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFzDaBzBlL0

If he can learn this, however long it takes, you can learn how to backwards aerial haha.
LOOK AT MEEEE
Scyonite
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Postby NoOne-NBA on Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:37 pm

If you screw around in private matches, and actually play "backwards matches", it will really help you.
In addition to teaching you reverse aerials, it will also get to to stop worrying about "the front of the car" and the "back of the car".
You'll find yourself going straight at stuff backwards, in normal games, when that is the most efficient way to play the ball.

If you turn perma-boost on in your private matches that will let you go up for anything backwards, without having to worry about having enough boost.
Just make sure you also practice without the 100% boost because you'll get too dependent on it, if that's all you do.
Some of the people I play with are incredible at backwards stuff now, after practicing it so much.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Postby Tentacles on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:37 pm

Tentacles
Extraordinarily Talkative
Extraordinarily Talkative

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Return to Off-Topic