Sucking at Rocket League

Watch your fellow players smash through the pitch as it happens or any time you want.

Sucking at Rocket League

Postby TankTopTom on Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:59 pm

Short tale, told by a hardstuck diamond player.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbdsTn2txCI&t=7s
TankTopTom
Supersonic

Steam ID: Tom
Region: United States

Re: Sucking at Rocket League

Postby Joe Momma on Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:30 pm

I suck at Rocket league.

But ever since the latest patch the ranking system places me in team matches with players who are a million times better than me.
I am a casual occasional player, not a pro.
I have never played a ranked match but it seems like that is where the servers dump me.
Why is a single player being matched against teams of guys who practice together and who are probably talking on head sets?

My favorite game has been ruined. :(
I don't mind losing but when you get crushed every time It's not fun anymore.
I rarely play now and I used to play all the time.
Joe Momma
Supersonic

Steam ID: Joe Momma
Region: USA PC

Re: Sucking at Rocket League

Postby Spiffers on Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:20 pm

Joe, I'm a little confused as to what you're referring to. I assume what you're talking about is the ranked extra modes? If so, the reason that this has occurred is due to the fact that they have put everyone in the same MMR to start with these, and you will go up or down from there based on your skill.

I can defintiely understand what you're talking about - so often at the start of seasons, I play against GCs, and they typically just wreck me. And I'm never quite sure why they're there. But that being said, it's just something that happens at the start of every season as volatility increases. Keep at it, and it should be very similar to what it was before.
Spiffers
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Spiffers
Region: Canada

Return to Replays and Live Streams