Keys Make Items Trade-able

How can we improve the game? Let us know right here!

Keys Make Items Trade-able

Postby SoldiersFortune on Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:44 pm

Just a small issue I've been having since the Decryptors started dropping; I'm starting to collect a bunch of random stuff that I don't want/need and cannot trade with others or trade up because they are restricted by crate series.

To fix the issue of having 5+ mediocre decals that are unique to cars I do not own, etc, I would like to suggest that purchased keys be allowed to "unlock" an item that has been won using a decryptor for trade with other players. This would be as simple as finding the item in your garage, clicking on it, and selecting 'use key to unlock'. In the end, Psyonix will not lose money, but might actually gain some additional income from those who are looking to trade their unwanted items.
SoldiersFortune
Acrobatic

Steam ID: SoldiersFortune

Re: Keys Make Items Trade-able

Postby Tentacles on Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:14 am

Will never happen, just trade up those items.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby SoldiersFortune on Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:13 am

You misunderstand. In order to trade up these items I am referring to, I would need to trade for more items that I do not want from the same crate series. At present, that is more trouble than it is worth. I also fail to see how allowing keys to unlock decryptor items undermines the current system?
SoldiersFortune
Acrobatic

Postby zGreenMachine- on Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:38 am

Allowing people to unlock items with keys would be a win-win for both the players and Psyonix.

The only people who lose out with this would be the hustling kiddies that plague the trading groups.
missile-guided
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Postby Fix_this_bug on Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:15 am

Stupid suggestion was already given. THIS will never happen.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=42359

IF you can't handle your OCD of having locked items in your inventory. Stop using decryptors and buy keys instead.
Fix_this_bug
Acrobatic

Steam ID: Sickest

Postby zGreenMachine- on Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:43 pm

Fix_this_bug wrote:Stupid suggestion was already given. THIS will never happen.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=42359

IF you can't handle your OCD of having locked items in your inventory. Stop using decryptors and buy keys instead.

Why is it a stupid suggestion? There is essentially 0 reason why this suggestion shouldn't be implemented. And what else should people do with the decryptors that they have?
missile-guided
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Postby gnaL on Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:58 am

If Psyonix would allow this, people would obviously unlock the highly valuable items they luckily got with decryptors and trade them for keys. It does undermine the system, the market would get flooded with decryptor opened high-value items. The decryptors are a way to enable "poor" players to open some crates (and maybe as advertisment to buy some keys). Just accept that you can't trade the items coming out of them.
gnaL
Acrobatic

Steam ID: gnaLor

Postby zGreenMachine- on Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:40 am

gnaL wrote:If Psyonix would allow this, people would obviously unlock the highly valuable items they luckily got with decryptors and trade them for keys. It does undermine the system, the market would get flooded with decryptor opened high-value items. The decryptors are a way to enable "poor" players to open some crates (and maybe as advertisment to buy some keys). Just accept that you can't trade the items coming out of them.

exactly my point:
zGreenMachine- wrote:The only people who lose out with this would be the hustling kiddies that plague the trading groups.
missile-guided
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Postby Fix_this_bug on Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:19 pm

zGreenMachine- wrote:
gnaL wrote:If Psyonix would allow this, people would obviously unlock the highly valuable items they luckily got with decryptors and trade them for keys. It does undermine the system, the market would get flooded with decryptor opened high-value items. The decryptors are a way to enable "poor" players to open some crates (and maybe as advertisment to buy some keys). Just accept that you can't trade the items coming out of them.

exactly my point:
zGreenMachine- wrote:The only people who lose out with this would be the hustling kiddies that plague the trading groups.

You really need to stop commenting on this topic. You're comments show you are nothing but a fool.

This is not a win win for both player and DEVS.

This game is a business. And keys pay for servers, developers, coders, staff, support. This stuff isn't free.

Almost every single game that has a market, in-game currency. And a group of "hustler" to set the market. Is why these games survive for more than 6-10 years. From what I gather, you are a player that is unwilling to spend any money in this game aside from the cost that you spent purchasing the game. That's perfectly fine, and i'm in the same boat as you.

BUT, to think that this game is PLAGUED with hustlers. Is a completely moronic thing to say. In the world of capitalism. There will always be hustlers and buyers, the hustlers are what drive the value of an item up. And buyers are what determine the value of item should be set at. When buyers are no longer will to pay extra, the price is set. You know nothing of economics.

It seems very stupid that you would think DEVS would release decryptors as a reward/thank you to the community. Then turn around and allow those very people to unlock those items so they can be tradable. The only possible reason I see that a person would do that, is because the items is valuable. And do you know why that item is valuable in the first place? Because 'hustler traders' drive the market to where the item's value should be.

1. IF you are OCD and hate that these items are locked in your inventory, you shouldn't of used those decryptors in the first place.
2. IF you are upset that you unboxed a really expensive item, and you want it to be tradable, then next time around, you should have opened those crates with actual keys. Which is the whole point of decryptors. They are simply a tease to give gamers unwilling to participate in the market, to then decide.. "hey, maybe ill get more really cool, expensive items, if I used keys instead."

Anyone that comes on these forums and complains about decryptors not being unlocked is wasting their breathe.
Fix_this_bug
Acrobatic

Steam ID: Sickest

Postby Tentacles on Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:15 pm

I'm all for people getting one over on Psyonix but plain and simple no matter how much it is requested it will never happen.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Steam ID: Tentacles

Postby Desirsar on Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:50 pm

The more keys that change hands, the more likely they are to land with a player who uses them for crates rather than simply as currency. That means less keys in the system, driving pricing up, meaning people need to buy more keys... you know, the way Psyonix makes money. People sitting on keys to use as currency makes them nothing.
Desirsar
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: Desirsar
GamerTag: Desirsar
Region: US

Postby NoOne-NBA on Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:32 pm

Desirsar wrote:People sitting on keys to use as currency makes them nothing.

On the other side of that though...people BUYING keys to use as currency are making Psyonix much more money than they'd likely make selling the items as DLC.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Postby SoldiersFortune on Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:23 pm

Fix_this_bug wrote:
You really need to stop commenting on this topic. You're comments show you are nothing but a fool.

This is not a win win for both player and DEVS.

For the record, Bug, Green is perfectly welcome to comment in MY topic. If you have an issue with that, feel free to apply to become a moderator. Otherwise, you can vent your impotent rage somewhere else.

The suggestion does not impact the value of keys or devalue the market. Decryptors are essentially a "free roll" at the gambling machine. Because they are limited in number there is no reason to prevent players from paying to unlock the items. The Decryptors at most are like a free preview of the item you could have had. The Devs stand to gain additional sales in keys to those who roll a nice item and wish to trade it. The function of Decryptors is not impacted nor is the market for Key sales.
SoldiersFortune
Acrobatic

Postby spaceboy on Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:53 pm

I can see both sides of this. The decryptors are basically free keys, so when a player lands a high value item, that is an item that they will never need to buy on the market with real keys. This is somewhat balanced by the fact that you can't trade them, as well as the fact that many players will land high value items that they don't really want and never use.

So, allowing a player to pay 1 key to unlock an item that might be worth $20 on the market, would impact the market. How much, I don't know.

However, that is only really true for BM's, goals and certain painted items, as well as when a crate is brand new, bodies and exotic wheels.

I suggest that Psyonix allowing unlocking for all items except BM's and goals after X amount of time has passed, and the time could very per class of item.

For UNpainted items, for example, for rare's, they could be unlocked for free after 1 month, very rare's after 6-8 weeks, import wheels and boosts after 6-8 weeks, bodies and exotics after 8-10 weeks.

For painted items, it could range from 3-5 months, depending.

Basically, once the market price is down to 1 key or less, it would be unlockable, either for free, or for cash/keys, and unlocks could be sold for X number per key or dollar, e.g., 3-5 unlocks per key/dollar, and you wouldn't need to use them all at once if you only had 1 or 2 items to unlock at the moment. Unused unlocks would remain in your account until used.

I recently ended up with duped wheels via decryptors, in addition to items that I don't want, so I am interested in this. Once enough time passes, most items essentially reach 'junk' status, including many painted items.

Oh, I would also allow these unlock "packs" to be traded, so you could gift them to friends without having to mess with giving them money somehow.
spaceboy
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Desirsar on Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:11 pm

SoldiersFortune wrote:For the record, Bug, Green is perfectly welcome to comment in MY topic. If you have an issue with that, feel free to apply to become a moderator.

As Not-A-Moderator, you mean "the forum's topic", in which anyone may post.
Desirsar
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: Desirsar
GamerTag: Desirsar
Region: US

Return to Suggestions