Automatic review for 3+ own goals in ranked

How can we improve the game? Let us know right here!

Automatic review for 3+ own goals in ranked

Postby Sovey on Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:32 pm

I don't know how many matches you guys actually review or if the report system is just a means of collecting statistics on players' behaviour but it needs some streamlining either way.

I realize you guys get a bazillion reports a day from the in-game system but I think it would do the community a lot of good to automatically flag a player for review when they score 3 or more own goals in a game in a ranked match.

In World of Tanks, pushing teammates out of cover is the worst offense you can commit. I once got banned for a single offense. It really helps keep people in line when that kind of disruptive behaviour is treated with zero tolerance.

If you don't have the manpower to actually review offenses then how about an escalating ban. With a long (I'm talking months) reset time. 15 minutes for the first offense, 24 hours for the second, a week for the third, etc.

Trolling in ranked games should not be tolerated in such a competitive game. I can be a little toxic once in a while but not once have I ever turned and played against my team.
Sovey
Supersonic

Steam ID: Sovey
Region: PC

Re: Automatic review for 3+ own goals in ranked

Postby HolzGandalf on Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:18 pm

Sovey wrote:I don't know how many matches you guys actually review or if the report system is just a means of collecting statistics on players' behaviour but it needs some streamlining either way.

I realize you guys get a bazillion reports a day from the in-game system but I think it would do the community a lot of good to automatically flag a player for review when they score 3 or more own goals in a game in a ranked match.

In World of Tanks, pushing teammates out of cover is the worst offense you can commit. I once got banned for a single offense. It really helps keep people in line when that kind of disruptive behaviour is treated with zero tolerance.

If you don't have the manpower to actually review offenses then how about an escalating ban. With a long (I'm talking months) reset time. 15 minutes for the first offense, 24 hours for the second, a week for the third, etc.

Trolling in ranked games should not be tolerated in such a competitive game. I can be a little toxic once in a while but not once have I ever turned and played against my team.

Yeah, I agree. Those people are really frustrating and the consequences should be harder. On top of that a lot of players do that, because they want to derank themselves, in order to go smurfing against weaker opponents.
HolzGandalf
Acrobatic

PSN ID: HolzGandalf
Region: All regions.

Postby Critor on Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:53 pm

I totally agree. Something needs to be done about a small group of morons who are completely sucking the fun out of this game.
I just played in 4 games (2v2) with the same player, 2 with him against ( I beat him both times), and 2 with him on my team.
I have been forced to turn my Chat off, as quite a bit when I play I have either my 6 or my 9 year old daughters watching me. The language from the Trolls in this game is disgusting.
Anyway because i had my chat off, in the 2nd game he decided to start scoring own goals. When I finally turned on the chat to ask him what he was doing. I got a mouth full about how i have my chat off.
I cant win...... If I have my chat off so as to avoid the filthy language, my game gets ruined. If I have it switched on, my games get ruined by the disgusting language I have to put up with.
Please Psyonix, make I so that reporting someone, or multiple own goals results in a ban. Maybe then these idiots might start to tone down.
Both my daughters want to play RL, but I cant let them because of the levels of abuse.
My only other choice is to quit playing. I like this game but cant continue to put up with these profanities.
Critor
Supersonic

Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:102174145

Postby hucklebarry on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:12 am

I agree and like the numbers as well. I've seen up to two legitimate "own goals" based off bad timing and not knowing what other players were going to do. It happens. But 3x in a single match.... I would like this in casual too. In casual, my only expectation is for people to not intentionally ruin my time. This falls under that category. I don't care how bad they are, as long as they give half an effort.
hucklebarry
Supersonic

Postby cjeddie2003 on Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:30 pm

Should only really count if the players are in equal games still, quite often someone steps up to help in 3v1 scenarios.
cjeddie2003
Supersonic

Region: United Kingdom

Postby N7Mith on Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:54 pm

Critor wrote:I totally agree. Something needs to be done about a small group of morons who are completely sucking the fun out of this game.
I just played in 4 games (2v2) with the same player, 2 with him against ( I beat him both times), and 2 with him on my team.
I have been forced to turn my Chat off, as quite a bit when I play I have either my 6 or my 9 year old daughters watching me. The language from the Trolls in this game is disgusting.
Anyway because i had my chat off, in the 2nd game he decided to start scoring own goals. When I finally turned on the chat to ask him what he was doing. I got a mouth full about how i have my chat off.
I cant win...... If I have my chat off so as to avoid the filthy language, my game gets ruined. If I have it switched on, my games get ruined by the disgusting language I have to put up with.
Please Psyonix, make I so that reporting someone, or multiple own goals results in a ban. Maybe then these idiots might start to tone down.
Both my daughters want to play RL, but I cant let them because of the levels of abuse.
My only other choice is to quit playing. I like this game but cant continue to put up with these profanities.

Look, if chat is that big an issue, keep it turned off. If you have it on, report anyone that uses inappropriate language. If they start turning against you, report for unsportsmanlike conduct. Leave the game if they spoil your fun in casual. Ignore everyone.
There are so many options to deal with it, letting them actually get to you shouldn't be one.
Check out my reviews for awesome Star Wars fan-films!
N7Mith
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Postby Nixist on Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:28 pm

I totally agree with this.
Nixist
Acrobatic

PSN ID: KingNixist
Steam ID: Nixist
GamerTag: Nixist
Region: United States

Postby disc0 on Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:32 am

No! this is an awful idea..
First of all
Lets be honest, how many times trying to defend a shot from the adversary u get a slight touch and boom... own goal... if u werent there they would score anyways, but atleast u gave it a try...
If they implementetd this, ppl would be afraid to be goalies...

Are so lazy that you cant press report? rly? Not only the community shiffted from super salty to cry babies (with the implementation of reports) but now they want a system that cries for them.

Try to be an adult, finish the game, report if its fair to report.

I dont see posts on the forums of ppl who asks everyone to report on a guy just because he did something wrong.. (and it happens)
I dont see posts on the forums of ppl who are smart enough to provoke you to get a bad response out of you, just to report you so you get banned.. (and it happens)
[ the list goes on ]

But as far as I know Rocket League has a decent enough system to avoid this "fake reports", so be grateful
disc0
Acrobatic

Steam ID: Bruce
Region: Eu

Return to Suggestions