instead of bann for verbal abuses ....

How can we improve the game? Let us know right here!

Re: instead of bann for verbal abuses ....

Postby Tentacles on Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:36 pm

Parashurama wrote:I was reffering to his claim that I am bad.

LOL, I was saying that is an insult you could use instead of swearing... I never once personally attacked you.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby Parashurama on Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:25 am

StrongChilla wrote:So I had a similar situation yesterday.

Playing 2v2's I missed the first aerial I attempted, my TM immediately proceeded to own goal for the entirety of the game and abuse me. I did not say a word, I tried to ff he wouldn't so I reported and played the game out.

In the lobby after the game he said I was f&^*ing $#!+. So I replied and said go play casual you f^&%ing l0ser he reported me now I'm banned for 24hrs.

I played against him about half an hour later and he was doing the exact same thing to his new TM.

I'm sure everyone plays with these types of people happens to me all the time. I do not condone trash talking but is it possible to pick up on these own goal toxic players in competitive and remove them quicker.

Maybe a [Never play with the user again] button?

Thank you for pointed this ou. Those are the cases I freak out completely, and then I am to blame and not allowed into the game, not they. They can do pretty much anything they like, but us honest players must be trampled down as much as possible and we must be quiet and polite to oppressors. The idea about "I don't want to play with this player anmore" button is genious.
Parashurama
Supersonic

Steam ID: Parashurama
Region: eu

Postby Scyonite on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:43 am

Parashurama wrote:
Thank you for pointed this ou. Those are the cases I freak out completely, and then I am to blame and not allowed into the game, not they. They can do pretty much anything they like, but us honest players must be trampled down as much as possible and we must be quiet and polite to oppressors. The idea about "I don't want to play with this player anmore" button is genious.

But why not just silently leave that player be and just report them for unsportsmanship behaviour? They will never know and you are the one responsible for them being banned, while not getting yourself banned in the process. That gives me the sense of fulfillment I need when I feel a teammate is throwing on purpose. You can't keep flaming your teammate for his or her behaviour. Who knows, maybe his or her choices are affected by your choices. You might not realize what you do to your teammate, but Psyonix cannot discriminate an automated system on a teammate's behaviour (whether they are intentionally throwing or just make questionable choices OR their choices are already disadvantaged because of your choices).

I do agree "blocking" another person from getting into games with you without them knowing would be a nice feature.
:octane: NOT ACTUALLY PSYONIX :octane:
Scyonite
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Postby littlebigleg on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:52 am

Parashurama wrote:
littlebigleg wrote:if you get banned once,You did something silly and should therefor learn and adapt,And not get caught up in the same trap again,Banned twice,Then you are pretty close to being in the (sandwich short of a picnic) category.And when you get to the 3rd and 4th bans,then your hitting the ( Proof that evolution can go in reverse) Stage

Congrats on winning the post. You think that your subtle insulting is a way better than my gross. No, it isn't. I don't see any difference if I call my mate retard vs your's allegory of the evolution. Both of them are equally insulting, but since you don't see that it must be you who went further down the road of reverse evolution. Not to mention that this world is a product of creation and not an evolution, but that's completely different subject matter.

you are not getting the point bud.We all get pissed off at other players at any rank.I have never been banned ,Because if i get tilted at any point i will just shout at my TV screen,Always be pleasant and say gg ,And not take the game so seriously. That is the smart way to play it! You on the other hand choose to do it the stupid way.And the stupid way results in bans,The stupid way keeps the place toxic,And the stupid way obviously is doing you no good what so ever .
littlebigleg
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

GamerTag: littlebigleg

Postby Scyonite on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:59 am

littlebigleg wrote:
Parashurama wrote:
littlebigleg wrote:if you get banned once,You did something silly and should therefor learn and adapt,And not get caught up in the same trap again,Banned twice,Then you are pretty close to being in the (sandwich short of a picnic) category.And when you get to the 3rd and 4th bans,then your hitting the ( Proof that evolution can go in reverse) Stage

Congrats on winning the post. You think that your subtle insulting is a way better than my gross. No, it isn't. I don't see any difference if I call my mate retard vs your's allegory of the evolution. Both of them are equally insulting, but since you don't see that it must be you who went further down the road of reverse evolution. Not to mention that this world is a product of creation and not an evolution, but that's completely different subject matter.

you are not getting the point bud.We all get pissed off at other players at any rank.I have never been banned ,Because if i get tilted at any point i will just shout at my TV screen,Always be pleasant and say gg ,And not take the game so seriously. That is the smart way to play it! You on the other hand choose to do it the stupid way.And the stupid way results in bans,The stupid way keeps the place toxic,And the stupid way obviously is doing you no good what so ever .

/agree. You're literally *losing* yourself if you get that riled up. Pun intended. You know how kids at a year of 6 get mad when they're losing a game? At a certain point they grow up and realize life is more about just a game and that letting themselves go like that is just as much as a detriment to themselves as their teammates. So why don't you, parashurama?
Scyonite
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Tentacles on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:57 am

Parashurama wrote:Thank you for pointed this ou. Those are the cases I freak out completely, and then I am to blame and not allowed into the game, not they. They can do pretty much anything they like, but us honest players must be trampled down as much as possible and we must be quiet and polite to oppressors. The idea about "I don't want to play with this player anmore" button is genious.

Waiting for an apology...
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby N7Mith on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:40 pm

Parashurama wrote:

There's a difference between calling someone a retard once and get banned for it, and doing it repeatedly and getting punished 4-5 times up until a permaban. If you don't make that mistake again you'll never fall under the 'Proof that evolution can go in reverse'-Stage, so there's really no need to get offended by his post.
And evolution is a perfectly fine method a deity would have used to create everything, if there were one. God has yet to be proved though, whereas evolution already has, so please keep to facts when stating something as a fact.
Shabadabadoom! Merc love!
N7Mith
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Postby StrongChilla on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:05 pm

[quote="Scyonite"]But why not just silently leave that player be and just report them for unsportsmanship behaviour?[quote="Parashurama"]

Because often I am immediately matched with the same player. I'ld say if I played 10 games 3 of them would be with 1 consistent TM.
StrongChilla
Supersonic

Postby tcs_23 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:13 am

Hey Parashurama,

I totally agree with you that this game can be extremely frustrating when teammates show a lack of professionalism during ranked matches.

At the same time however, I find that just like most other intense sporting games, there is a huge MENTAL side to the game. Its hard enough as it is to keep your concentration when your opponent is scoring on you and "getting inside your head" with verbal judo. So when your own teammate starts putting you down for sometimes even honest mistakes, at that point you are sinking your own ship.

Just a thought.
tcs_23
Supersonic

PSN ID: tcs_23

Postby N7Mith on Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:41 am

StrongChilla wrote:
Scyonite wrote:But why not just silently leave that player be and just report them for unsportsmanship behaviour?
Parashurama wrote:
Because often I am immediately matched with the same player. I'ld say if I played 10 games 3 of them would be with 1 consistent TM.

So report him every game he's a jerk. We're not 100% sure but it's believed more reports raises one's priority to be evaluated.
But repeatedly running into someone who's ruining your game is one of the reasons to do a couple rumble/dropshot/snowday/hoops games as a break. You'll likely stop meeting him when you go back to ranked. I always feel it unstresses me, and I do better afterwards, so it's helpful either way.
Shabadabadoom! Merc love!
N7Mith
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Postby Gannicus on Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:07 pm

No. No. No. No. To most of the replies i just read. Being banned for verbal abuse ruins a lot of the fun in rocket league, and many more games. The fact that there is a mute option completely justifies it. Also, comparing rocket league to reality is ridiculous out of mind. How can anyone try to make that comparison. How about if the ban'ee is just cursing it out to himself and still gets banned. How is that fair. If other players find it abusive, offensive, or any other negative feeling they can make up, they should make use of the mute option. Its hypocritical to ask this man to be the bigger man, then say his ban is justified. Get outta here. Keep on keepin on good vibes. My opinion. People should man up. :octane:
Gannicus
Supersonic

Region: US

Postby Tentacles on Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:05 am

I don't think he is going to apologize. Guess I would have left the forums too if I looked that stupid.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby littlebigleg on Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:11 am

sure he will come back to moan about his imminent perma ban soon enough
littlebigleg
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Scyonite on Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:47 am

Gannicus wrote:No. No. No. No. To most of the replies i just read. Being banned for verbal abuse ruins a lot of the fun in rocket league, and many more games. The fact that there is a mute option completely justifies it. Also, comparing rocket league to reality is ridiculous out of mind. How can anyone try to make that comparison. How about if the ban'ee is just cursing it out to himself and still gets banned. How is that fair. If other players find it abusive, offensive, or any other negative feeling they can make up, they should make use of the mute option. Its hypocritical to ask this man to be the bigger man, then say his ban is justified. Get outta here. Keep on keepin on good vibes. My opinion. People should man up. :octane:

If one's cursing at oneself, why even use the chat? lel. Your opinion is a nono to me. Why do so many players think they "earn the right" to shittalk to others without consequences? And that if someone's shittalking the heart of the problem is that the person that's shittalking is not being muted by others. This logic just sounds backwards to me. "Keep on keepin good vides" and "People should man up" feels more in line with restraining oneself of destructive behaviour rather than negating destructive behaviour.
How about putting you in with some grand champs, have the grand champs talk shit about you, but you can't help yourself, you're not as skilled as them. You're innocent in that regard, so why do these people have the right to have it out on you? They should man up, they should keep the good vibes, they should try to give you tips in a positive way. Good vibes are already ruined when using the mute button comes into play.
Scyonite
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Doomstrike on Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:46 am

The real life comparison is there because its about not being a shity human just because you can be. Remeber this game is rated E so you could be very well calling some 8 year old some pretty nasty stuff. Yes the parrent should be watching and probably disable all chat but still the point is don't be an asshole just because you have some sense of being anonymous. Real life would get you knocked out for talking shit like that at a game or the very least banned for sportsmanship the same applies. This isn't call o duty or some other first person shooter, this game is about teamwork. As much as I agree people need to man up at the same time its nice not having to read or watch games go down the drain because people are beaking at each other. There is the added fact that young kids also play this and not everyone remebers to turn chat on and off so In a way I support the system. Besides its already pretty laxed. If you ask me chat other then quick chat should be fully disabled until the end of the match.
Doomstrike
Community Helper
Community Helper

PSN ID: Doomstrike
Steam ID: meDoomstrike
Region: Canada West

Postby littlebigleg on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:11 am

Doomstrike wrote: If you ask me chat other then quick chat should be fully disabled until the end of the match.

would be more interesting to have the chat just before the game starts.Then what ever is said gets sorted on the field of play :twisted:
littlebigleg
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Tentacles on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:21 pm

Doomstrike wrote:The real life comparison is there because its about not being a shity human just because you can be. Remeber this game is rated E so you could be very well calling some 8 year old some pretty nasty stuff. Yes the parrent should be watching and probably disable all chat but still the point is don't be an asshole just because you have some sense of being anonymous. Real life would get you knocked out for talking shit like that at a game or the very least banned for sportsmanship the same applies. This isn't call o duty or some other first person shooter, this game is about teamwork. As much as I agree people need to man up at the same time its nice not having to read or watch games go down the drain because people are beaking at each other. There is the added fact that young kids also play this and not everyone remebers to turn chat on and off so In a way I support the system. Besides its already pretty laxed. If you ask me chat other then quick chat should be fully disabled until the end of the match.

To be fair the kid probably deserved it.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Previous

Return to Suggestions