instead of bann for verbal abuses ....

How can we improve the game? Let us know right here!

instead of bann for verbal abuses ....

Postby Parashurama on Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:17 am

I love RL. have 2180 hours on it alone, but what I hate is players who come to play competitively and then act like they don't care for a game at all. I put all my energy into play and if I lose I am never mad, but what completely freaks me out are those kinds of players, be it ball chasers who play 3 vs 3 like they are alone in the game, and also they are bad. Than there are other players also which we all know about, those who start playing for opponents, afks, complete noobs, drunks etc...

When after a couple of games my nerves start to cracks down, I start using names like you know (idiots, mf, etc). Of course, they report me like I am the problem and then I get banned. ATM it's my fourth ban this time for 72 hrs.

I paid for the game I love, and I find it unfair that people causing my nervous breakdown are free to do that to others while I am the one who is punished. I suggest that in such a case the verbal abusers are only prevented from chatting for a certain amount of time, (and besides why on earth than we have block player from chatting, they could easily shut me down ) and not from the playing. By preventing me to play you will not change me or my nature, you just preventing me from the thing I love to do which makes me even angrier when re-thinking what caused all of that.

Please elaborate.
Parashurama
Supersonic

Steam ID: Parashurama
Region: eu

Re: instead of bann for verbal abuses ....

Postby Doomstrike on Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:12 pm

If you were at a sport event or on a team and you started calling people that stuff you would be kicked out or beat up. Why do you then assume people want to put up with this online. I get people get pissed but swear and yell at your screen. Yes people can mute you but you could also not say anything. Specially after your 3rd ban you would think by now you would just block chat and stop using it. I do think they should be chat bans but since that isn't an option right now shouldn't you have learned a lesson by now? Side note I believe after your 5 or 6th ban its permanent so you should really curb your habbit right now unless you want all your work on that account to go to waste.. Just saying
Doomstrike
Community Helper
Community Helper

PSN ID: Doomstrike
Steam ID: meDoomstrike
Region: Canada West

Postby zGreenMachine- on Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:37 pm

It really isn't difficult to not swear and/or insult people through game chat. Yes it's frustrating playing with people who throw or who also rage but things won't improve if you stoop down to their level. By resorting to the same behavior you are being part of the problem.

although I do think first time offenders should just be banned from using text chat
:zippy: NOT ACTUALLY A BERD :zippy:
zGreenMachine-
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US CST

Postby Parashurama on Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:26 pm

Doomstrike wrote:If you were at a sport event or on a team and you started calling people that stuff you would be kicked out or beat up. Why do you then assume people want to put up with this online. I get people get pissed but swear and yell at your screen. Yes people can mute you but you could also not say anything. Specially after your 3rd ban you would think by now you would just block chat and stop using it. I do think they should be chat bans but since that isn't an option right now shouldn't you have learned a lesson by now? Side note I believe after your 5 or 6th ban its permanent so you should really curb your habbit right now unless you want all your work on that account to go to waste. Just saying

Definitely at the sports event, but there would also be normal people playing when over here all sorts of lunatics wonder around. If you have an in-game chat system, and also people can block me, then why do you even have the option to ban verbal abusers? If everyone simply blocks me at the end I would end up screaming at my screen as you're kindly suggesting me despite you put the chat in high action motivated only 5 minutes game so people can also be angry at each other. What did you think that you will put a chat in a competitive game and everyone should be polite to each other? Sorry but that is just nonsense.

I agree I am a part of the problem cause definitely I shouldn't use abusive language but then again. I spent many hours of my day playing RL. I like competition and a skill based one even more, and if I put all my skills into a certain game and besides me someone is playing or even not playing at all like he doesn't give an F... about anything in the world. Only the one who never gets angry can suggest something like that. Everyone has a point where he can be pushed over the age. Since I spent so much time with RL I can be pushed there.
Parashurama
Supersonic

Postby NoOne-NBA on Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:53 pm

Parashurama wrote:If you have an in-game chat system, and also people can block me, then why do you even have the option to ban verbal abusers?

So that the millions of other players don't have to listen to you whine and cry.

Why should millions of other people be required to mute you, so that you can continue to be a dick to them?
I can't even image the level of arrogance necessary to think the entire world owes you that level of tolerance.

For the record, you can disable chat at your end too.
That would be a much simpler solution to this dilemma, given your complete lack of self-discipline.
The end result is the same.
You get to bitch at people all you want, and nobody else has to listen to you.

Just to provide a little extra incentive for you to consider doing that, two more bans and your current account will be banned permanently.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Postby Parashurama on Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:39 pm

NoOne-NBA wrote:
Parashurama wrote:If you have an in-game chat system, and also people can block me, then why do you even have the option to ban verbal abusers?

So that the millions of other players don't have to listen to you whine and cry.

Why should millions of other people be required to mute you, so that you can continue to be a dick to them?
I can't even image the level of arrogance necessary to think the entire world owes you that level of tolerance.

For the record, you can disable chat at your end too.
That would be a much simpler solution to this dilemma, given your complete lack of self-discipline.
The end result is the same.
You get to bitch at people all you want, and nobody else has to listen to you.

Just to provide a little extra incentive for you to consider doing that, two more bans and your current account will be banned permanently.

If I slap you will you not whine and cry?

First of all there are only max 5 players beside me in the game. So not millions will have to mute me down, but only a few. and 1 or 2 of them are the cause of my lost temper. Tell me why then do you have a mute option if not fot that very reason. And why it is a rocket science fro a psyonix to just mute whiners and cries for 72 hours or a week or a year if you wish so. Why preventing them from play, but leave in-game folks who should really be banned for good. Secondly I don't whine and cry every game, and if you have access to a log you can check that. Further more even if I lose I congratulate the opponents for a win. I am not some dick as you said I am, but a serious competitor and your customer who expected to play the game for what I have paid for. There is nowhere mentioned in your adds that you are banning people from losing their temper because of other people being dicks in your product. I don't ever yell at people for being plain bad. I understand not everyone is a superstar, and I only whine and cry to people who came into a competitive game to provoke serious competitors. I am not even a very good but I compete from gold to platinum for myself.

You can ban me for good right away but please give me my money back first.
Parashurama
Supersonic

Postby Scyonite on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:57 pm

Parashurama just stop. Your logic does not apply to the general playerbase and moral expectations. You seriously need to consider what Rocket League means for you if you find it close to impossible to not call out your teammates to the likes of you getting banned. That's just not healthy. People will not take kindly to feedback that's just not feedback at all. If you really want to be able to change your teammates (which already is a delicate issue in this game), you should consider positively interacting with these players. By interacting negatively you're not just ruining your game, you also ruin theirs.

On a side note, self-perception in contrast with your perception of your teammates is a really skewed matter in this game. Save a few replays, take the view from a teammate and then look at yourself. Wanna bet you find at least three instances where you would flame at yourself? The overall image you present yourself with in this forum makes me believe this is a serious limiting factor in your development in this game, given you say that you've played over 2k hours and have just gotten to plat 1.

I know you did not ask for my opinion or advice, but you need a reality check mate.
:octane: NOT ACTUALLY PSYONIX :octane:
Scyonite
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Postby Tentacles on Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:01 pm

There are a million ways to insult people without swearing. Call people fart face, but munch, popsicle choker, trash can, noob, those are just a few names that come to mind. Or mercilessly tease people when they whiff, What a save!, Nice shot!,Whoops..., You have that many hours and you are that bad??? LOL! The system doesn't stop people putting others down or trolling, it only stops people from swearing. Be smarter than the system.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby zGreenMachine- on Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:51 pm

Parashurama wrote:I agree I am a part of the problem cause definitely I shouldn't use abusive language but then again. I spent many hours of my day playing RL. I like competition and a skill based one even more, and if I put all my skills into a certain game and besides me someone is playing or even not playing at all like he doesn't give an F... about anything in the world. Only the one who never gets angry can suggest something like that. Everyone has a point where he can be pushed over the age. Since I spent so much time with RL I can be pushed there.

I like to think I'm fairly competitive too and there are definitely times I take the game a little too seriously. However, I just don't think it's at all productive to sit there and cuss people out because they didn't play well or whatever. The people who don't care enough to try hard at the game are the kind of people who simply won't care about anything that you say.

Sure I'll shout some obscenities out loud at my monitor (sorry roommates) but there's really no point in typing it out and risk getting a ban.
:zippy: NOT ACTUALLY A BERD :zippy:
zGreenMachine-
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US CST

Postby Parashurama on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:36 am

Tentacles wrote:There are a million ways to insult people without swearing. Call people fart face, but munch, popsicle choker, trash can, noob, those are just a few names that come to mind. Or mercilessly tease people when they whiff, What a save!, Nice shot!,Whoops..., You have that many hours and you are that bad??? LOL! The system doesn't stop people putting others down or trolling, it only stops people from swearing. Be smarter than the system.

During the 5 minutes game and fast action, I have no time to concoct all those fancy insults, instead I just fast type the first thing comes to my mind, usually idiot or f.. idiot. According to your statistic, it appears that I am still better than you, your MVP ratio per game is 4.2 mine is 2.9, but considering you're it appears you're carried a lot. Also comparing my 49 years with your what 20+? I am a way better player than you.
Parashurama
Supersonic

Postby Parashurama on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:44 am

zGreenMachine- wrote:
Parashurama wrote:I agree I am a part of the problem cause definitely I shouldn't use abusive language but then again. I spent many hours of my day playing RL. I like competition and a skill based one even more, and if I put all my skills into a certain game and besides me someone is playing or even not playing at all like he doesn't give an F... about anything in the world. Only the one who never gets angry can suggest something like that. Everyone has a point where he can be pushed over the age. Since I spent so much time with RL I can be pushed there.

I like to think I'm fairly competitive too and there are definitely times I take the game a little too seriously. However, I just don't think it's at all productive to sit there and cuss people out because they didn't play well or whatever. The people who don't care enough to try hard at the game are the kind of people who simply won't care about anything that you say.

Sure I'll shout some obscenities out loud at my monitor (sorry roommates) but there's really no point in typing it out and risk getting a ban.

I completely agree with you. No doubt. I know that also. And I am very tolerant also, but I can play 50 -60 games daily, but sometimes I just snap when seeing game after game (a series of games) i am matched with players who appears like this is their first game in RL, and I am about to level up to platinum. Then I don't know anymore is it the matchmaking system broken, or I am matched with a complete jerks game after game. I can loose even 10 games in a row although I'm sweeling blood to win.
Parashurama
Supersonic

Postby Scyonite on Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:19 am

Parashurama wrote:
Tentacles wrote:There are a million ways to insult people without swearing. Call people fart face, but munch, popsicle choker, trash can, noob, those are just a few names that come to mind. Or mercilessly tease people when they whiff, What a save!, Nice shot!,Whoops..., You have that many hours and you are that bad??? LOL! The system doesn't stop people putting others down or trolling, it only stops people from swearing. Be smarter than the system.

According to your statistic, it appears that I am still better than you, your MVP ratio per game is 4.2 mine is 2.9, but considering you're it appears you're carried a lot. Also comparing my 49 years with your what 20+? I am a way better player than you.

What the hell did I just read? "My car is faster than your car, I have a turbo that whistles!" Said the Volkswagen CC to the Porsche 918 owner. Do you see that widget with ranks below his and your replies? You put it there for a reason so apparently you want to show off your plat 1 rank. Do you see his? Do you see how it says Diamond 3?

Furthermore, maybe you only play 2s, maybe he plays 3s way more than 2s, we don't know. But it does higly skew MVP per match average.

And how the hell do you even think age is a representative component of MMR? Just dafuq mate. For all I know your reflexes and ability to quickly take in new information are at a disadvantage. On a side note, how are you 49 and so easily triggered? I mean 11 I could understand, but you're 49 mate.
:octane: NOT ACTUALLY PSYONIX :octane:
Scyonite
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Postby Tentacles on Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:23 am

Parashurama wrote:During the 5 minutes game and fast action, I have no time to concoct all those fancy insults, instead I just fast type the first thing comes to my mind, usually idiot or f.. idiot. According to your statistic, it appears that I am still better than you, your MVP ratio per game is 4.2 mine is 2.9, but considering you're it appears you're carried a lot. Also comparing my 49 years with your what 20+? I am a way better player than you.

1v1 me kid, i'll gladly bend you over ;)
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby Parashurama on Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:40 am

Scyonite wrote:
What the hell did I just read? "My car is faster than your car, I have a turbo that whistles!" Said the Volkswagen CC to the Porsche 918 owner. Do you see that widget with ranks below his and your replies? You put it there for a reason so apparently you want to show off your plat 1 rank. Do you see his? Do you see how it says Diamond 3?

Furthermore, maybe you only play 2s, maybe he plays 3s way more than 2s, we don't know. But it does highly skew MVP per match average.

And how the hell do you even think age is a representative component of MMR? Just dafuq mate. For all I know your reflexes and ability to quickly take in new information are at a disadvantage. On a side note, how are you 49 and so easily triggered? I mean 11 I could understand, but you're 49 mate.

I was reffering to his claim that I am bad, while I take care for my wins more time than he does for his according to MVP ratio. If I would have friend who is grand champion in my team all the time I would also become diamond, but because of my skill, but his.
As a years goes, I taught my kid to play quake since he was 3 yrs, today he is 16 and he is amongst top 500 EU players in both Overwatch and LOL. I am good at quake too, but when playing with him I have not the slightest chance of a win, cause his reflexes are so damn faster than mine. I guess in RL age doesn't play such prominent role as in FPS, but still in a situation where quick response is important, they sure do.
Parashurama
Supersonic

Postby Parashurama on Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:44 am

Tentacles wrote:
Parashurama wrote:During the 5 minutes game and fast action, I have no time to concoct all those fancy insults, instead I just fast type the first thing comes to my mind, usually idiot or f.. idiot. According to your statistic, it appears that I am still better than you, your MVP ratio per game is 4.2 mine is 2.9, but considering you're it appears you're carried a lot. Also comparing my 49 years with your what 20+? I am a way better player than you.

1v1 me kid, i'll gladly bend you over ;)

Probably you will, but still that does not mean I am bad. Come band me over, I'll be able to play in 2 days when ban is over.
Parashurama
Supersonic

Postby NoOne-NBA on Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:30 am

Parashurama wrote:If I slap you will you not whine and cry?

No.
I'm not a whine and cry kind of guy.

That aside, has it ever occurred to you that YOU have complete control over who is on your team?
You can't control who you get matched up against, but you can absolutely control who you play with.

Get some friends, and all of your problems with this will go away.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Postby littlebigleg on Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:33 am

if you get banned once,You did something silly and should therefor learn and adapt,And not get caught up in the same trap again,Banned twice,Then you are pretty close to being in the (sandwich short of a picnic) category.And when you get to the 3rd and 4th bans,then your hitting the ( Proof that evolution can go in reverse) Stage
littlebigleg
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

GamerTag: littlebigleg

Postby Parashurama on Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:43 pm

littlebigleg wrote:if you get banned once,You did something silly and should therefor learn and adapt,And not get caught up in the same trap again,Banned twice,Then you are pretty close to being in the (sandwich short of a picnic) category.And when you get to the 3rd and 4th bans,then your hitting the ( Proof that evolution can go in reverse) Stage

Congrats on winning the post. You think that your subtle insulting is a way better than my gross. No, it isn't. I don't see any difference if I call my mate retard vs your's allegory of the evolution. Both of them are equally insulting, but since you don't see that it must be you who went further down the road of reverse evolution. Not to mention that this world is a product of creation and not an evolution, but that's completely different subject matter.
Parashurama
Supersonic

Postby StrongChilla on Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:32 pm

So I had a similar situation yesterday.

Playing 2v2's I missed the first aerial I attempted, my TM immediately proceeded to own goal for the entirety of the game and abuse me. I did not say a word, I tried to ff he wouldn't so I reported and played the game out.

In the lobby after the game he said I was f&^*ing $#!+. So I replied and said go play casual you f^&%ing l0ser he reported me now I'm banned for 24hrs.

I played against him about half an hour later and he was doing the exact same thing to his new TM.

I'm sure everyone plays with these types of people happens to me all the time. I do not condone trash talking but is it possible to pick up on these own goal toxic players in competitive and remove them quicker.

Maybe a [Never play with the user again] button?
StrongChilla
Supersonic

Postby Galactic Geek on Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:11 pm

"If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US

Next

Return to Suggestions