SUGGESTION: Earn item drops without grinding

How can we improve the game? Let us know right here!

Re: SUGGESTION: Earn item drops without grinding

Postby tcs_23 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:46 pm

Primzahlteiler wrote:I'd like to give you a more in depth analysis, but I don't have much time right now, so here's just one snack for thought:
I'm certain we'd see a bunch of threads in different networks dedicated to spreading those tracers. Those who get a hold of a few tracers, would trade them away together and not one by one. It would quickly cause a snowball effect and large repositories of tracers would be traded as a bundle. New Players would make it worse and try to join the biggest snowballs as they are less likely to die on a single player.

Paired with the other suggested features, this could put extreme pressure on the Database and knowing Psyonix's past with server issues I think they might be too paranoid to even try. :lol:

Most Problems have solutions, but you'd really have to redesign this whole concept. :?

Thanks Primzahlteiler for your input. However, I don't see the snowball effect happening for 2 reasons:

(1)
Only users who purchased a Tracer would have the potential to get endless drops, so all other users would only get 1 drop from a traded Tracer. Also, seeing that their would be a limit to the amount of Tracers you could purchase 1-5, all non-purchasing users wouldn't have enough incentive to rack up those Tracers just for 1-5 items.

(2)
The value of each Tracer would be reflected in its cost i.e. 1 Tracer $5 = 5 Keys, 1 Tracer $20 = 20 Keys. Depending on the cost, this would significantly limit the amount of users who are specifically looking just to increase their item drop rates.

Im still convinced it could work!
tcs_23
Supersonic

PSN ID: tcs_23
Region: United States

Postby tcs_23 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:49 pm

Whoops. Where is the delete button?!?
Last edited by tcs_23 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
tcs_23
Supersonic

Postby tcs_23 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:20 am

Does anyone know how to delete a post you created?
Last edited by tcs_23 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
tcs_23
Supersonic

Postby tcs_23 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:23 am

I guess not...
tcs_23
Supersonic

Postby Tilts on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:52 am

Why wouldn't one person just buy this item and trade it off to everyone else? This means that everyone would get an item every time someone trades. This means that all Tradeup items would be WAAAAAY cheaper (White Octane for 10k?) And everything else would go up in price significantly. Bad move for the economy. It would only be a mess to clean up.
Tilts
Supersonic

Postby tcs_23 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:24 am

Tilts wrote:Why wouldn't one person just buy this item and trade it off to everyone else? This means that everyone would get an item every time someone trades. This means that all Tradeup items would be WAAAAAY cheaper (White Octane for 10k?) And everything else would go up in price significantly. Bad move for the economy. It would only be a mess to clean up.

Im not sure I have explained myself well enough.

Let's say Player 1 buys a single Tracer. He trades it away. The Tracer then gets traded to 20 other players for a total of 21 players. Here is what each of those players would get:

Player 1 (Original buyer)
20 items

Player 2-20
1 item.

Player 21 (has Tracer in his possession)
0 item

Hopefully that makes more sense. I dont think these numbers would flood the market too much.
tcs_23
Supersonic

Postby Maj09 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:18 am

This system seams a very hard to actually code. Not saying about servers need to handle this kind of data input

However, it gave me an idea. Have anyone played Guild Wars 2? (also known as Fashion Wars 2)
In the game, swag is how you show your progress...
They have pretty interresting system of grinding rewards in PVP.
They call it "reward track"
You basically choose a track to push your pvp EXP towards, and you unlock some shit along the way, with the grand box of your desired reward in the end. THen you can either reset or choose another track.

Imagine, that we could have reward tracks like this.
It could be as simple as "Wheels" or "Booster" which would unlock a set of one for you,,,
or more complicated, themed tracks like "Saint" for example.. you would unlock lets say, angel wings, halo, sacred booster etc in one track.

HOWEVER, i have full confidence of Rocket Leagues new EXP system they announced, tho we have little details, im hyped to see it in game
Maj09
Supersonic

Steam ID: madzoran
Region: Slovensko

Postby tcs_23 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:07 pm

Maj09 wrote:This system seams a very hard to actually code. Not saying about servers need to handle this kind of data input

However, it gave me an idea. Have anyone played Guild Wars 2? (also known as Fashion Wars 2)
In the game, swag is how you show your progress...
They have pretty interresting system of grinding rewards in PVP.
They call it "reward track"
You basically choose a track to push your pvp EXP towards, and you unlock some shit along the way, with the grand box of your desired reward in the end. THen you can either reset or choose another track.

Imagine, that we could have reward tracks like this.
It could be as simple as "Wheels" or "Booster" which would unlock a set of one for you,,,
or more complicated, themed tracks like "Saint" for example.. you would unlock lets say, angel wings, halo, sacred booster etc in one track.

HOWEVER, i have full confidence of Rocket Leagues new EXP system they announced, tho we have little details, im hyped to see it in game

Thanks Maj09 for your input!

I havent played Guild Wars 2, but I just looked up the "Reward Track" system that you mentioned. It seems like that would be a pretty cool idea to implement in Rocket League. There is no doubt that Psyonix continues to polish and progress this game with each and evey update.

As for how difficult coding would be Im certainly no game programmer, so I really dont know how difficult adding my Tracer idea would be.. I just thought it would be neat to have something like this in-game. Perhaps I am shooting for the stars; when I should be keeping it in the arena. :cheesygrin:
tcs_23
Supersonic

Previous

Return to Suggestions