Stop banning players

How can we improve the game? Let us know right here!

Stop banning players

Postby Spartikos on Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:37 pm

I'm an Xbox 1 player. I have games freezes/crashes that consistently upset matches, my rank, and my teammates; this usually at the start of games within 30 seconds. I'm not alone, and I follow the troubleshooting tips. Crashes continue for xbox one. Yesterday, it was back to back and now I have 10 min bans. Today it happened again one time and auto 10 min ban. Now, I'm upset. So, my suggestion besides please fix it...

Allow players to rejoin if they quit or crash (because the system doesn't differentiate between people that quit versus game crashes); this will allow time for the players that freeze to get back in the match and contribute to the game. Implement a system change to where if players do not rejoin by the time the match ends, then execute the bans or increase the rank down penalty.

Thank you.
Spartikos
Supersonic

Steam ID: Spartikos
GamerTag: Spartikos
Region: US

Re: Stop banning players

Postby NoOne-NBA on Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:33 am

That's exactly how the game is currently handling these bans.

If you are able to rejoin, the game will allow you to do so.
If all your teammates leave, before you can rejoin, the match will end, and won't be available for you to rejoin.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Postby Spartikos on Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:31 pm

NoOne-NBA wrote:That's exactly how the game is currently handling these bans.

If you are able to rejoin, the game will allow you to do so.
If all your teammates leave, before you can rejoin, the match will end, and won't be available for you to rejoin.

That's how it's supposed to work. With some Xbox players, and my friends in particular, when the game restarts to get back in, we don't get the option from Rocket League to re-enter the game. So, auto banned (even though my friends and teammates are still playing the same game that I crashed out of.) Thus, I propose a change to get rid of bans and stop screwing customers all together.
Spartikos
Supersonic

Postby Testedtanget66 on Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:57 pm

Yes I feel that we need to change this as well it has happened to me and my friends today let alone other days we need to get this fixed for Xbox because it is truly ruining the game in hole. I feel that if there would be an option to rejoin the competive matches that you are kicked out of because of freezing or crashing of the game hyphen it would help people hold there ranks and we would not have amy problems with people quitting and leaving randomly.
Testedtanget66
Supersonic

GamerTag: Testedtanget66
Region: United States

Postby NoOne-NBA on Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:59 pm

Spartikos wrote:I propose a change to get rid of bans and stop screwing customers all together.

Getting rid of the bans would screw even more customers though.

If you let people quit without the bans, certain people are going to drop match after match, and screw up even more games than the accidental drops are screwing up now.
The bans are the lesser of two evils, at the present time.
NoOne-NBA

Postby Spartikos on Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:04 pm

Not necessarily because I suggest more intense effects to rank. Those players will end up in lesser divisions and a lower player pool. You stated certain people are going to drop match after match. What do you mean by this? People intentionally leaving or that some unlucky customers continue to suffer due to game crashes?
Spartikos
Supersonic

Postby NoOne-NBA on Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:08 am

Spartikos wrote:What do you mean by this? People intentionally leaving or that some unlucky customers continue to suffer due to game crashes?

Removing the bans would result in more people leaving intentionally, which would affect everyone who ends up in a match with those people.
NoOne-NBA

Return to Suggestions