unfair ban

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

unfair ban

Postby Kumar on Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:12 am

Hi
I hope this subjet will not be deleted because I will use a "foul word"
so yesterday, I played a game with a dude named "...is for faggot" [link removed by mod] and his friend.
They didn't rotate so I said in team chat : "rotation is for faggot too?" later, I tried to play again and I had a message saying that I'm ban because of this sentence..
I submit a ticket to the support and they just say me that I used "foul word"
I would like to know which one is it? It was "rotation" or "too"? because my teamate can't be offended by the others words as they were present in the nickname of one of the two

I can't believe he was offensive by the word "faggot" as it was in his nickname..

and the support... wow, they just disgust me from Rocket League, they didn't do anything to solved the problem, when I say something, they only answered "we understand your frustration but you used a foul word"
Kumar
Supersonic

Region: PC/PS4

Re: unfair ban

Postby NoOne-NBA on Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:27 am

Just because someone else has used an offensive word doesn't make it OK for you to do the same.

It is very likely the person using that word in his name did so specifically to bait you into using it, so he could report you.
For people like that, getting other people banned is the game they are actually playing.

That being said, the person you are speaking to directly is not the only person in the room who can submit a report for your language.
Your use of that word could easily have offended someone on the other team, and they are the one who reported you.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne-NBA-
Region: US-West

Postby zGreenMachine- on Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:01 am

so they didn't even say the f-word in chat, but you said it to insult them because their performance ingame wasn't up to your standards.

If you don't want to be banned, don't be toxic. End of story.
psyonix
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Postby AFDIZZYD on Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:42 am

Word to both above. It is really poopy when people feel the need to put their displeasure on others, regardless of whose fault it is. It really is that we can't manage our own emotions, so people put their frustration onto others. Self-control is amazing and challenging. Like people are going to play better if you're mean to them lol. I get so fed up with it now, that when someone is rude to me, I will literally play for the other team, no matter ranked or not.
This is AFDIZZYD signing out!
AFDIZZYD
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: AFDIZZYD
Region: USA

Postby Doomstrike on Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:04 am

Just note that that will also eventually get you banned afdizzyd if enough people report you anyways
Doomstrike

PSN ID: Doomstrike
Steam ID: meDoomstrike
Region: Canada West

Postby Kumar on Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:28 am

First of all, I'm french so I didn't know this word was that offensive.. I just make a word with his name. I saw only North American people answered, you probably know that offensive, but in Europe, we don't use that word and when I translate in my language, it's not offensive.. His name could be "anime is for kids/hipsters/nerd/or whatever", I said the same sentence..

Furthermore, in my first post, you removed the only word I didn't said in the chat, so I'm a little bit confused now.. Did I really say a "foul word" in chat?

NoOne-NBA : I said this sentence in chat team, and i was with 2 premade teamates.. they just want to ruin the experience of others. Since that, I stop to play, i'm not in the mood anymore
Kumar
Supersonic

Postby Scyonite on Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:39 am

If you're using the English language then you best be ready for the consequences and intricacies of using it as well. You can't say "I'm French, not my bad". It was probably a name that was removed, mods do this to prevent people from starting witch hunts. http://southpark.cc.com/full-episodes/s ... t=!airdate . The episode makes a funny statement on using the word faggot, but it also shows that it's a derogatory term towards male homosexuals.

Kumar wrote:NoOne-NBA : I said this sentence in chat team, and i was with 2 premade teamates.. they just want to ruin the experience of others. Since that, I stop to play, i'm not in the mood anymore

Then it's your teammate that has reported you. He's got a pretty neutral standpoint and I can imagine some people would report over this. Just make sure that whatever you say is not offensive, even if it's not your mother language.
AlexCuse44
Scyonite
Expeditious
Expeditious

Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Postby Kumar on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:21 am

Like I said, when I translate this word, this is not offensive. It's a slang word and I don't usully use slang word before I played to Rocket League
Now I know some "word" who can be offensive but they're allowed like "fu" or "kys"
The support said me that young kids can be offended but it seems they protect only english speakers because I saw a lot of offensive word in french and spanish and there is no problem with it. like if there is no french or spanish kids too

Instead of beeing that limited, Psyonix should watch nickname because they are a lot of offensive nickname and they do nothing about this
they said me it's Steam's problems but Psyonix can see nickname too no? so they could ban player who have nickname that can be offensive because right now, if I want insult someone, there is no problem, I just have to do this on my nickname.. Is it logic?
Kumar
Supersonic

Postby Scyonite on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:36 am

I get what you're saying. But surely "moron" also translates into something not offensive, it's just a term for denoting mild intellectual ability, yet using it to call out someone can be offensive. It's your responsibility to use and choose your words accordingly, no one elses, whatever language. English is the main language and it's easier to focus on and apply a punitive system. Maybe such a system for other languages is still in the works, we don't know, but it's not an excuse either. Maybe nickname limitations will also be applied in the future, but again, it's no reason not to think about what you type.
AlexCuse44
Scyonite
Expeditious
Expeditious

Postby zGreenMachine- on Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:18 pm

Some people report you for using swear words for the sole purpose of getting you banned, and not because they are actually offended.

You're better off not using swear words in chat if you don't want to risk getting banned. If you're not familiar with what's considered to be swear words in English then look it up.
psyonix
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Postby steblood on Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:38 pm

He didn't swear at the guy, he simply spoke to the guy using the guy's name.... How else was he supposed to directly talk to him?
Motherboard: X299-A | CPU: i9-7900X | RAM: 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2666MHz | GPU: 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti | SSD: 500GB WD Blue™ 3D NAND 2.5" SSD | HDD: 2TB SATA-III | PSU: 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
steblood
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: steblood
Steam ID: steblood

Postby Scyonite on Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:35 pm

steblood wrote:He didn't swear at the guy, he simply spoke to the guy using the guy's name.... How else was he supposed to directly talk to him?

He still did call them out.
AlexCuse44
Scyonite
Expeditious
Expeditious

Postby Scyonite on Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:47 pm

Kumar I'm going to be honest here. My stance comes from a very personal experience regarding French people and their stance on language. I despise the French for their stance on their own language and English. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

https://youtu.be/Xtz-K3gN-Vw?t=1m49s

It's a Dutch video. I'll tell you that this French dude has sped driving 147 km/h while he was only allowed to drive 100 km/h, his reason being for doing so that he thought he was allowed to drive 130 km/h by looking at his GPS. I'm not going to be mocking him for not being able to see that GPS is not a definitive measure of maximum speed, but I think you can see that his stance regarding the use of French, IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY, is that it is spoken for his benefit in not being able or wanting to speak another language. He expects the authorities and surely would expect any Dutchman to be able to address him in his language, the Dutch providing full leniency in doing so, yet he's still not even willing or capable of meeting each other halfway; English. The French come here; we speak French, we try to speak French, apparently we're expected by the French to speak French, even not in France. We go to France, we speak French, we try to speak French AND WE'RE EXPECTED TO SPEAK FRENCH by the French. I cannot, in my right mind, justify that a way of thinking that speaking Dutch to a frenchman in France seems like a smart idea, EVEN IF the French were notorious for their linguistic capability. What the fuck kind of hypocritical world is this? My message being to you; give a goddamn fuck about being able to represent yourself in a professional manner to the rest of the world, thanks.

The police, in my opinion, were highly unprofessional in trying to physically force this person out of the car and further escalating the problem. But oh do I share the same sentiment, holy fuck.

On a side note, your people seem to be the only people on Rocket League I see that blatantly flame other people in the assumption their flames are not understood. Joke's on your people, I know when I get tg'd or fdp'd and I do very well report any dickhead that does this. How do people, in their right mind, think this is acceptable behaviour?!

I totally know that this message does not live up to the standards I try to preach here, but I just don't give a damn when it comes to French and this particular stance, I'm sorry.
AlexCuse44
Scyonite
Expeditious
Expeditious

Postby zGreenMachine- on Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:09 am

"spanish people this", "french people that"

If I may ask, do a lot of Europeans generalize people from other countries in this way often? I've seen a lot of drama related to stuff like this on Twitter within the RL community. Recently the best Scottish 1s player (won't name them but they're only 13 wink wink) got some heat for making comments about spanish players.

jw :D
psyonix
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Postby Scyonite on Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:03 am

Yeah surely there's some inter-country annoyance as to the particulars of each people. Dutch are greedy and too direct, Belgians can't drive and like potholes, UK people drink beer and get sunburnt, Irish people are good lads, Germans have bad humour, Spanish are quite lazy. You see because of my Dutchiness I involve my neighbouring countries the most, I'm sure an Ukranian doesn't have as much of an opinion regarding the Dutch as a German would. With the previous statements I'm not really saying every single member of a people is this way, but I'm sure quite a lot of people would agree that each people has its own particulars. Regarding the French I do probably overgeneralize, but jeez, I dunno, they sure make me want to do that...
AlexCuse44
Scyonite
Expeditious
Expeditious

Return to Help and Support