Stuck is B1D1 Solo for months, moving up in standard fast

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Stuck is B1D1 Solo for months, moving up in standard fast

Postby spaceboy on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:42 pm

First off, let me be clear. I'm a lousy player, so I pretty much expect to be at the bottom, but I have been surprised, that after a brief stint moving up when I first started playing comp, I have been stuck at B1D1 for ages with not even a rare notch up. Zilch.

Yesterday, I started playing standard again, and right away, I start moving up. I'm at B2D2, which is just crazy, because I'm not playing any better or getting any more wins than usual, and I haven't even played that many games to get there, while I have played an absolute mountain for months in solo.

I'm moving up like a rocket in standard, and glued to the bottom in solo, and there's no difference in my gameplay or win rate.

So, is there a bug with this? Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding how the ranking works?
spaceboy
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Re: Stuck is B1D1 Solo for months, moving up in standard fas

Postby Nastydog2000 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:48 pm

What's your win loss ratio? You shouldn't be stuck if you were winning 3x more games than you are losing.
Best Regards,
Nastydog2000

Contact me through PM
Nastydog2000
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: Nastydog2000
Steam ID: AuraPyro
Region: US East

Postby zGreenMachine- on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:52 pm

Bronze 1 spans a pretty big MMR range, you can check what your ranks are on a stat tracking website like this: https://rocketleague.tracker.network/

and here's a list of every rank for every playlist: https://rocketleague.tracker.network/distribution
zGreenMachine-
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Postby spaceboy on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:20 pm

Nastydog2000 wrote:What's your win loss ratio? You shouldn't be stuck if you were winning 3x more games than you are losing.

Oh, a 3:1 WR is required to advance? That would certainly explain being stuck in solo, but doesn't explain my ranking up in standard. My in game ratio is 43.6%

zGreenMachine- wrote:Bronze 1 spans a pretty big MMR range, you can check what your ranks are on a stat tracking website like this: https://rocketleague.tracker.network/

and here's a list of every rank for every playlist: https://rocketleague.tracker.network/distribution

Thanks for the links. I took a look but I'm afraid I'm not too good with stat sites. I'm not for sure what I should be looking at as far as figuring out my failure to advance.
spaceboy
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby NoOne-NBA on Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:09 pm

Bronze 1 goes clear down to the lowest negative MMR.

If you spent a lot of time losing in Solo, you probably dug a pretty deep hole for yourself.
To get to Bronze 2 in Solo, you'll first need to win your way up to positive numbers, THEN accumulate enough points to get the promotion.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Postby spaceboy on Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:34 pm

NoOne-NBA wrote:Bronze 1 goes clear down to the lowest negative MMR.

If you spent a lot of time losing in Solo, you probably dug a pretty deep hole for yourself.
To get to Bronze 2 in Solo, you'll first need to win your way up to positive numbers, THEN accumulate enough points to get the promotion.

Wait, are you saying ranking is based on lifetime win rate? 0.0 I thought I read in the wiki that every 4-6 games you are reevaluated and rank adjusted based on that group of games, not your lifetime ratio.
spaceboy
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby NoOne-NBA on Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:48 pm

spaceboy wrote:Wait, are you saying ranking is based on lifetime win rate?

Not exactly.

Every game you play will cause you to win, or lose, a specific number of points.
These points are specific to the Ranked ladder you are playing on, and are based on your current rank, your teammates' ranks, and your opponents' relative ranks.
Your current rank, in each ladder, is the accumulation of your points for that ladder.

Unranked has its own separate MMR, which covers all the Unranked modes at once, including things like Snow Day, Hoops, Rumble and DropShot.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Postby spaceboy on Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:54 pm

NoOne-NBA wrote:
spaceboy wrote:Wait, are you saying ranking is based on lifetime win rate?

Not exactly.

Every game you play will cause you to win, or lose, a specific number of points.
These points are specific to the Ranked ladder you are playing on, and are based on your current rank, your teammates' ranks, and your opponents' relative ranks.
Your current rank, in each ladder, is the accumulation of your points for that ladder.

Unranked has its own separate MMR, which covers all the Unranked modes at once, including things like Snow Day, Hoops, Rumble and DropShot.

Ah, ok, thanks.
spaceboy
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Return to Help and Support