Temp Files to get other player names

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Temp Files to get other player names

Postby vandel212 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:44 am

Hi, I'm trying to make a program that basically does what Rocket League Tracker does where it overlays player ranks and stats of the people you are in a match with. The reason I'm trying to do this is because RLT, comes with a bunch of crap that just seems to bog down my machine, not to mention it has ads...

I found the API for getting stats of players, but how do I get the names of the players that are in the match with me? Is there a temp file somewhere that the game creates on my PC?
Image
vandel212
Supersonic
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:26 am
Steam ID: vandel212
Region: United States

Re: Temp Files to get other player names

Postby Scyonite on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:23 pm

Erm, AlphaConsole? Doesn't provide stats but does provide MMR.
zGreenMachine wrote:
JHZER wrote:I'm really struggling with RL, the game doesn't excite me and that's why I don't wanna stream it or do gameplay videos. I need something new and different to the game but I know only cosmetics are added which makes me sad.
Scyonite
Battle-Car
User avatar
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 919
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:02 am
Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Re: Temp Files to get other player names

Postby zGreenMachine- on Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:06 pm

Yeah like what Scyonite said AlphaConsole essentially does the same thing as what you're describing vandel. Even if you still want to create your own program I guess it shows it's possible to do, maybe the AlphaConsole devs would be willing to help you out if you contact them.



Just did a little bit of browsing on my PC and the player IDs might be in here:
\Documents\My Games\Rocket League\TAGame\Logs > Launch.txt

I didn't take the time to check every Steam ID that was logged but it's possible it only keeps track of players in your party and not everyone, so that might be the wrong file :| There's also a chance that they aren't stored in a local file and AlphaConsole is pulling player data from network packets instead? Just guessing at this point haha sorry

And what API are you using if you don't mind me asking, the RLT API or a different one?
AlexCuse44 wrote:
Scyonite wrote:
zGreenMachine wrote:I'm really struggling with RL, the game doesn't excite me and that's why I don't wanna stream it or do gameplay videos. I need something new and different to the game but I know only cosmetics are added which makes me sad.
- JHZER
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
User avatar
Missile-Guided
 
Posts: 1574
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:21 pm
Location: R̶o̶c̶k̶e̶t̶ ̶L̶a̶b̶s̶
PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Re: Temp Files to get other player names

Postby vandel212 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:53 pm

zGreenMachine, I didn't start coding yet, but I downloaded the RLT API, because it supports C# right out of the box. I'll look into that file thank you!
Image
vandel212
Supersonic
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:26 am
Steam ID: vandel212
Region: United States

Re: Temp Files to get other player names

Postby zGreenMachine- on Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:26 am

vandel212 wrote:zGreenMachine, I didn't start coding yet, but I downloaded the RLT API, because it supports C# right out of the box. I'll look into that file thank you!

No problem, hope it helps :P It'd be a lot easier than trying to find and sift through packets I'm sure, I wouldn't know where to start doing that anyways lol
AlexCuse44 wrote:
Scyonite wrote:
zGreenMachine wrote:I'm really struggling with RL, the game doesn't excite me and that's why I don't wanna stream it or do gameplay videos. I need something new and different to the game but I know only cosmetics are added which makes me sad.
- JHZER
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
User avatar
Missile-Guided
 
Posts: 1574
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:21 pm
Location: R̶o̶c̶k̶e̶t̶ ̶L̶a̶b̶s̶
PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central


Return to Help and Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests