Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Re: Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Postby heavycar999 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:33 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWNBrU4 ... e=youtu.be

how would he explain the part in this video at :54
I land in the exact 2 same spots as this guy every time, regardless of fps drops or any BS. and those two differences are way too big to be caused by fps drops.
heavycar999
Supersonic

Postby heavycar999 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:37 pm

can someone invite me to the HCB discord? I will literally be down to pay any amount of money to buy an arduino and prove this guy wrong.
heavycar999
Supersonic

Postby heavycar999 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:42 pm

If I literally just run a perfect macro at 4pm and 4am they will be completely different.
heavycar999
Supersonic

Postby Tentacles on Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:56 pm

Macros are harder than you think. I've done a few I thought would be a sure fire give away and with out a ton of server corrections going on the macros changes are unnoticeable.
Tentacles
Legendarily Voluble
Legendarily Voluble

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby heavycar999 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:59 pm

Have you recorded one with HCB and one at night where it was better and compared them side by side at the same time?
heavycar999
Supersonic

Postby heavycar999 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:00 pm

What do you mean "a ton of server corrections"?
heavycar999
Supersonic

Postby kezanian on Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:36 pm

Just stumbled upon this forum here while looking for the heavy car bug discord link, i have been dealing with the issue myself and trying to figure out what's causing it hoping i can find a fix...here's two of my posts, i still get the heavy car bug, less than before, but i still have a weird input inconsistency between my main and alt accounts, alt feels way snappier. appreciate if i can get an invite to the discord channel, thanks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/c ... iguration/
https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/c ... heavy_car/
kezanian
Supersonic

Steam ID: kezanian

Postby moha on Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:51 pm

moha
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Rimbimbambo on Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:49 am

I changed my thread priority to high after booting rocket league and now I get silky smooth gameplay. I made a thread about how the boost on various cars was causing huge framerate stutters, then changed my thread priority and now it's all gone. fuck I can't tell you how happy I am. I was getting the same thing moha posted and it DROVE ME ABSOLUTELY INSANE.

Try this: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=45353
Rimbimbambo
Supersonic

Postby HeavyCar on Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:35 am

old stuff mate :D
HeavyCar
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Tentacles on Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:12 pm

heavycar999 wrote:What do you mean "a ton of server corrections"?

I get my HCB at night, I assume when my ISP throttles speed. That being said, there is a really easy macro anyone can do. Hold air roll left or right and then hold jump. With HCB you would think the would land in a different spot, it didn't. The only time I got a slightly noticeable difference is when I was doing it in a match and the ball was coming towards me. IMO the only way to get a working macro is to be simulating server corrections at the same time which is difficult to do.
Tentacles
Legendarily Voluble
Legendarily Voluble

Steam ID: Tentacles

Postby heavycar999 on Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:03 pm

Well that would only prove that the maximum turning radius is slower, which is not the only factor of heavy car. Obviously no one knows whats really going on, but I am pretty sure other effects of the heavy car are severe input lag, slower initial turns (but then speed up to over compensate), and the biggest one being the actual speed of the game. Sometimes when I play at 4am, the speed of every car in the game is slightly faster, and the ball actually booms faster when you hit it. I've found that I actually position differently as 3rd man when the game is really fast because otherwise I would constantly find the other team booming the ball over my car and would have to turn around/half flip and then start playing defense.
When I play during the day or when HCB is really bad, every aspect of the game is slower. Recovery time is much more prevalent, as I find myself floating in the air forever, or unable to correct my car in time and rotate back as quickly.

If you run a macro of starting at the same position and then doing turns, jumps, etc, with/without heavy car. By lining up the two videos up side by side and playing them you could watch frame by frame and see what the differences are. Even if the heavy car was only input lag (I think there are more factors), you could see the inputs happen at later frames.
I actually did try and do this a long time ago but I gave up quickly because I couldn't find a good macro program that ran consistently, tried to record my screen with obs but couldn't easily line up the videos in a video editor because I have no experience with that. Basically I was really lazy and I don't have that much time for RL anymore. I always thought someone else much smarter than me would figure it out. Apparently not :\

I don't really play the game that much anymore, so I'm not really sure if my game still changes that much from day to night, or if I just have constant HCB throughout. All I know is that when there was a difference, it was UNBELIEVABLY drastic. Maybe not to your average player, but it was crazy to me. I was playing a completely different game. I've played a lot of technical games and instruments, and I am VERY conscious of my inputs. I came back and played a little early this season and got to GC in under 1000 hours WITH HCB. To see this Rocket Science guy do tests and conclude its most likely placebo actually kind of angers me. I would be willing to pay money to get an arduino and prove him wrong.
heavycar999
Supersonic

Postby DerBaron on Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:05 am

heavycar999 wrote:Well that would only prove that the maximum turning radius is slower, which is not the only factor of heavy car. Obviously no one knows whats really going on, but I am pretty sure other effects of the heavy car are severe input lag, slower initial turns (but then speed up to over compensate), and the biggest one being the actual speed of the game. Sometimes when I play at 4am, the speed of every car in the game is slightly faster, and the ball actually booms faster when you hit it. I've found that I actually position differently as 3rd man when the game is really fast because otherwise I would constantly find the other team booming the ball over my car and would have to turn around/half flip and then start playing defense.
When I play during the day or when HCB is really bad, every aspect of the game is slower. Recovery time is much more prevalent, as I find myself floating in the air forever, or unable to correct my car in time and rotate back as quickly.

If you run a macro of starting at the same position and then doing turns, jumps, etc, with/without heavy car. By lining up the two videos up side by side and playing them you could watch frame by frame and see what the differences are. Even if the heavy car was only input lag (I think there are more factors), you could see the inputs happen at later frames.
I actually did try and do this a long time ago but I gave up quickly because I couldn't find a good macro program that ran consistently, tried to record my screen with obs but couldn't easily line up the videos in a video editor because I have no experience with that. Basically I was really lazy and I don't have that much time for RL anymore. I always thought someone else much smarter than me would figure it out. Apparently not :\

I don't really play the game that much anymore, so I'm not really sure if my game still changes that much from day to night, or if I just have constant HCB throughout. All I know is that when there was a difference, it was UNBELIEVABLY drastic. Maybe not to your average player, but it was crazy to me. I was playing a completely different game. I've played a lot of technical games and instruments, and I am VERY conscious of my inputs. I came back and played a little early this season and got to GC in under 1000 hours WITH HCB. To see this Rocket Science guy do tests and conclude its most likely placebo actually kind of angers me. I would be willing to pay money to get an arduino and prove him wrong.

that explains it PERFECTLY!

the speed of the game is ridiculous. With HCB you have NO dodge-power. What you call "floating in the air" I am calling "the insane air time" - it takes up to 3 times longer to get back to the ground/wall.

I am sure that the problem is bound to ISP or routing - that's why they can't reproduce.
There were short times where I got NO HCB. One time directly after one update and I was one of the first playing and not that many players were playing.
The other one was when my Router got a remote-firmware update, it lasted for 2 weeks then HCB came back (of course without any changes)
DerBaron
Supersonic

Steam ID: Der_Baron
Region: EU

Postby HeavyCar on Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:24 am

yap, i have exact the same problems
HeavyCar
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby aceworm on Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:33 am

:( .....
Last edited by aceworm on Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aceworm
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby eteran on Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:55 pm

For the last two days HCB is gone for me while the whole last week was terrible. I have changed absolutely nothing.
Can you guys confirm or deny that this is the case for you too?

I suppose something is going on with the client/server sync either due to our ISPs, the routing or Psyonix server providers.
eteran
Supersonic

Region: Deutschland

Postby DerBaron on Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:15 pm

eteran wrote:For the last two days HCB is gone for me while the whole last week was terrible. I have changed absolutely nothing.
Can you guys confirm or deny that this is the case for you too?

I suppose something is going on with the client/server sync either due to our ISPs, the routing or Psyonix server providers.

last week was very terrible, couldn't play...
yesterday was almost gone, only light HCB - today medium HCB I got also Connection Quality Indicators from time to time.

so yes, it must be their servers and/or connection to it. I didn't change anything aswell
DerBaron
Supersonic

Postby HeavyCar on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:47 am

why do u guys even try ? It is wasted time :)
HeavyCar
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby h31n4 on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:08 am

Hi folk! First I have to sorry for my bad school english. Im coming from germany so i want write to you in german. So post my answer just in google translater. i think you can understand me better in this way then i try to explain to you what i mean.

So fight since 2 years with hcb and i think i have found not a solution but probably an improvement, so the deffirence without a hcb i there but a minimum.

So jetzt auch Deutsch.

Wie gesagt ich kämpfe bereits seit 2 Jahren mit dem HCB. Vorher hatte ich einen anderen Rechner und hatte mit dem auch schon viel probiert. Zeitweise dachte ich, ich hätte es geschafft (auch dank dem Forum hier) aber nach maximal einer Woche war alles wieder beim alten.

Im Grunde genommen denke ich das der HCB eher eine Ansammlung von unglücklichen Ereignissen ist. Denn wenn man einfach mal (wie hier schon festgestellt) alleine die decals oder den Boost verändert, verändert sich auch die Reaktionszeit des Autos.

Und da wären wir schon beim Thema. Ich denke das, dass Problem des HCB`s nicht grundsätzlich das Problem von Psyonix ist. Ich denke der HCB ist eher Windows zuzuschreiben. Bzw der Latenz des Controllers. Ich nutze den XBOX Wolverine, davor hatte ich den XBOX Elite (leider kaputt).

Und so, nun zu den Einstellungen die ich nutze, wo ich jetzt einiger maßen mit zufrieden bin.

Einestellungen im Spiel:

Deadzone 0,15
Dodgezone 0,01

Alles andere auf MAX

Steam Cotrollereinstellungen

Deadzone Square
Reaktionskurve Ausgeglichen.

Meiner Meinung nach wurden die Steameinstellungen für den Kontroller bis jetzt komplett ausgeklammert. Und die Pro`s verraten ihre leider nicht (zumindest habe ich schon über Twitch bei ein paar angefragt aber leider ohne Erfolg.)

Stromsparplan am PC auf max. Leistung
Stromsparplan an der Nvidia auf max. Leistung
PC Prozessor AMD 2700x
Graka Gtx 1060 6 GB. Vsync aus
Firevall : Bitdefender
Festplatte SSD

Und nun zu meinem Durchbruch... das Programm :

Direct3D Overrider

https://displaylag.com/reduce-input-lag ... ive-guide/

genau die generellen Einstellungen wie im Bild auf der Seite vornehmen.

Zumindest damit ist bei mir die "Reaktionszeit" des Kontrollers wieder akzeptabel. Zumidest treffe ich wie Bälle die davor unereichbar waren, bzw der Kontroller später reagierte.

Beim HCB habe ich alles durchprobiert. Beim alten Prozessor hat die Übertacktung auch stark geholfen, der neue Übertaktet sich selbst. Aber wie gesagt vor allem beim Urwindows 10 hat man den krassen Unterschied gespürt.

Von daher denke ich das da Psyonix nicht viel machen kann, sondern da muss man sich wirklich mit einem Tool zu helfen wissen, der die Reaktionszeit des Kontrollers irgendwie erhöht. Aber da habe ich noch nichts richtig guten gefunden und gefühlt alles durerprobt (Kontroller hängt natürlich am kabel).

Wobei ich jetzt auch gelese hab das wohl die Verbindung per Bluetooth wohl schneller wals als Kabel am Controller. Ich kanns leider nicht probieren.

Weiterhin viel Erfolg.
h31n4
Supersonic

Postby DerBaron on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:30 am

today I got NO HCB since ages! anyone else can confirm?
DerBaron
Supersonic

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support