Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Re: Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Postby Paracero on Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:52 am

xWILLx101 wrote:Interesting thing I found was that on some workshop maps I felt heavier, did the test and it was the same as the exhibition example in terms of air roll.
And on other workshop maps it's much quicker. Does this eliminate any internet argument?

Are the jumping results different when you aren't feeling the bug?
Paracero
Supersonic

PSN ID: Zero
Region: Europe

Postby xWILLx101 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:44 pm

Paracero wrote:
xWILLx101 wrote:Interesting thing I found was that on some workshop maps I felt heavier, did the test and it was the same as the exhibition example in terms of air roll.
And on other workshop maps it's much quicker. Does this eliminate any internet argument?

Are the jumping results different when you aren't feeling the bug?

On some workshop maps it definitely feels slower than others in terms of my air roll technique and overall speed.

Idk about online because I never get a non-HCB day anymore so I can't test properly online :(
xWILLx101
Acrobatic

GamerTag: xWILLx101
Region: EU

Postby HeavyCar on Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:40 am

can some1 send me an invite to the hcb discord channel ?
reinstalled firefox and i need an invite :/
HeavyCar
Acrobatic

Postby heavycarbug7737 on Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:59 pm

I have heavy car bug and it seems this thread is sort of dead. If people are discussing in the discord I would love an invite as well
heavycarbug7737
Supersonic

Postby moha on Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:06 am

I don't think it's dead but there's just nothing new to discuss. I still check this thread maybe twice per month to see if a miracle has happened and the game has been fixed. Nowadays I only play a couple of games after a new update to test if the heavy car bug has disappeared. Half a game is always good but then it goes bad again. Same thing after every update/break.
moha
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby tnypxl on Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:56 am

Thats because most folks have moved to the HCB discord.
tnypxl
Acrobatic

Steam ID: tnypxl
GamerTag: tnypxl
Region: US

Postby Gimpi on Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:37 am

Hi there,

Been suffering HCB for quite a while (march 2017), and therefore, following this thread.
Would love to follow the news on discord, how do we get a invite ?

Thanks for all the job done here
Gimpi
Supersonic

Steam ID: Gimpizz
Region: Europe west

Postby HeavyCar on Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:11 am

we dont get any invites, i guess :O
HeavyCar
Acrobatic

Postby RoastBeef94 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:56 am

Were there any known solutions to this issue? I know this is a 2 year old thread but I've only just starting having this issue after the update.

My controller is barely responsive now, it works fine in the RL menu and with every other game I own, but in game it's all over the place.

There is a 1-2 second delay between some of my buttons and half the time they don't even work. Tried with multiple controllers (CSL Gamepad, PS3, Xbox360) in all USB ports but it's all the same. It's like trying to play with a low battery TV remote.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, and Rocket League itself but it persists - game is pretty much unplayable at this point unless I switch to keyboard and mouse...
RoastBeef94
Supersonic

Steam ID: RoastBeef94

Postby HeavyCar on Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:10 pm

dude, its just placebo, u know :D
HeavyCar
Acrobatic

Postby RoastBeef94 on Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:02 am

HeavyCar wrote:dude, its just placebo, u know :D

Then perhaps I have a different issue because I can assure you it is NOT normal for my car to be unresponsive to half my buttons suddenly.
RoastBeef94
Supersonic

Postby HeavyCar on Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:33 pm

that was IRONY :o
Just the bullshit, what people say, which never experienced hcb
HeavyCar
Acrobatic

Postby RoastBeef94 on Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:44 pm

Ahh gotcha, sorry this is my first time on the forum :mrgreen:
RoastBeef94
Supersonic

Postby HeavyCar on Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:41 pm

yeah, np, we are all a little bit " frustrated", but we are getting more and more people with this problem. ( on discord )
HeavyCar
Acrobatic

Postby acme420 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:45 am

i notice that when my fps is low, low being anything under 30fps even a solid 29fps will show it. but under 30fps the physics in this game get kinda weird. ball seems to skip around and perform differently than if you have a solid 30fps. I also noticed that lag, specifically packet loss not high ping, causes the inputs to be delayed or unresponsive. basically car feels heavier. for instance on the end game screen and on the regular game. holding down on stick and doing the maximum height single jump should make your car do at least one full rotation up to 1.5 landing on "ass" of the car with nose up. this works just fine all the time except when im experiencing packet loss and this heavy car phenomenon. when im getting the HCB as you all call it or the weird lag as i call it. when i hold down on stick and hit the jump for the victory backflip into a spin into original position. (think a break dancer spinning on their head then their back and eventually laying down to do a pose.) but anyway ive done this victory dance thousands of times by now, i dont even need to see the screen. when i have HCB the car wont even do a whole single flip. when if gets to the nose down part it collides with the ground because the car didnt go up all the way off ground from jump like it should.

please anyone with HCB please do a ping test in background with over 50 to 100 pings in it "-n 50 or 100 or any number after the -n" while you're playing with heavy car bug?

and post results here. to be clear when you notice heavy car bug, dont stop and quit, alt tab, open a ping test and resume playing while its running then show me the results.

ive had and long since resolved my HCB by fixing my internet connection. i've always maintained it was a netcode issue arising from how this game engine deals with out of sync packets. but everyone told me to go fuck myself. i've been HCB free all this time till recently and im back again to ask for you to help me help you resolve this once and for all.

so if on PC please do the ping test and post results. i dunno what to tell you console peeps.
acme420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: ĜơƋƨ[ƝǢκέƉ]Ɗɐɗ roflc
Region: United States

Postby Everlastingbulletlag on Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:13 pm

Listen up bros.. I dont know if you have the same problem but it could be. I play csgo and mouse and keyboard is slow and the hole pc feels slow. But one from the tread said he maby have solwed it. Its about RFI and ferrites beads. You have to place them on you cables. I can post the link if you want to?
Everlastingbulletlag
Acrobatic

Postby HeavyCar on Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:29 am

lol, link it
HeavyCar
Acrobatic

Postby Everlastingbulletlag on Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:02 pm

Well its not a 100% fix but maby it can help you.. Look at the the last page and go abit backwoods.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... ng-me/179/
Everlastingbulletlag
Acrobatic

Postby Compact on Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:00 am

Kinda wierd they haven't tried such a basic thing throughout all that time.

Still, Rocket Leagues issue is unlikely to be this. It's something related to the software/engine.
Compact
Acrobatic

Postby HeavyCar on Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:37 am

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-ga ... ws-10.html

did method 1 and rl feels much better now, maybe its just temporary, but give it a try
HeavyCar
Acrobatic

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support