Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Re: Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Postby Tentacles on Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:54 pm

Good find! I am keeping my fingers crossed. HCB is way out of my league.
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby yoloswagmoney999 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:28 pm

Holy shit I've been following the heavy car bug for a LONG time and this guy's post is the first time I've felt like we are a step in the right direction. This guy actually seems like he knows what he's talking about. I pray to god that Psyonix actually investigates this further and doesn't pull a Psyonix and do absolutely nothing.
yoloswagmoney999
Supersonic

Postby tnypxl on Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:23 pm

Viking wrote:This guy is a genius. It has to be this...

https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/c ... h_latency/

He's not a genius. He just had enough motivation and enough knowledge to know where to look and experiment. I am forever grateful for these people (also the folks here who put in the time) doing this investigative work.

This kind of testing that has been done is very far outside what any gamer should be expected to do just to report a bug. That is EXACTLY the kind of work a psyonix SDET should be doing.
tnypxl
Acrobatic

Steam ID: tnypxl
GamerTag: tnypxl
Region: US

Postby aceworm on Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:31 pm

Fingers crossed this sounds promising, and would fall nicely into place with a lot of the symptoms we've been describing about 'infecting' our systems or location we are in the world.
aceworm
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Nawafwabs on Tue May 01, 2018 5:58 am

i put rocket league on USB flash drive after set it as local drive

this make my game much faster and lower HCB
Nawafwabs
Supersonic

Steam ID: Nawafwabs
Region: ME/EU

Postby HeavyCar on Tue May 01, 2018 6:05 am

read "server update" and reinstalled rl

what should i say.....

fucking fail, never had so much delay in rl
HeavyCar
Acrobatic

Postby Tentacles on Tue May 01, 2018 2:03 pm

Nawafwabs wrote:i put rocket league on USB flash drive after set it as local drive

like a usb 3.0 flash drive? What were was it installed on before?
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Postby Everlastingbulletlag on Tue May 01, 2018 2:28 pm

Everlastingbulletlag
Acrobatic

Postby Nawafwabs on Tue May 01, 2018 11:51 pm

Tentacles wrote:
Nawafwabs wrote:i put rocket league on USB flash drive after set it as local drive

like a usb 3.0 flash drive? What were was it installed on before?

m.2 nvm ssd
Nawafwabs
Supersonic

Steam ID: Nawafwabs
Region: ME/EU

Postby tobu044 on Thu May 03, 2018 8:14 am

It was fixed for me since Tournament update but now it came back even worse than before ...
tobu044
Supersonic

Steam ID: tobu046

Postby HeavyCar on Thu May 03, 2018 12:04 pm

tobu044 wrote:It was fixed for me since Tournament update but now it came back even worse than before ...

lol ,same for me. Now i have my brick on wheels back
HeavyCar
Acrobatic

Postby Tentacles on Thu May 03, 2018 1:30 pm

Has anyone tried this yet with HCB? https://store.steampowered.com/app/3843 ... _Your_FPS/
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Postby Compact on Fri May 04, 2018 12:57 am

Tentacles wrote:Has anyone tried this yet with HCB? https://store.steampowered.com/app/3843 ... _Your_FPS/

NotCPUcores is a free alternative that is believed to do the same thing.
Compact
Acrobatic

Postby Tentacles on Fri May 04, 2018 3:59 am

I'm going to give it a try next time I get HCB, shouldn't take too long.
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Postby HeavyCar on Fri May 11, 2018 4:55 am

so quiet here...
ill come back, when they have a fix for it.... so, i wont play it again :D
HeavyCar
Acrobatic

Postby Reehan on Fri May 11, 2018 7:53 am

Throwing in my experience with HCB in the hopes it will help somehow, not much different than most have described here but I want to make it perfectly clear than this is not a mischaracterization of a placebo as many have and still claim. The bug came on suddenly and I noticed it when I could no longer half-flip. This will sometimes result in my car just backflipping, landing on its rear axle or reading my air roll input as a turn which tilts my car the direction I was air rolling. Essentially my air roll was failing midway through while I’m still firmly holding down L1 (using a DS4 on PC).

I’ve tried changing config file settings, port forwarding my router and testing alternate USB ports and 3 different controllers with no luck. The same is true with keyboard and mouse. I’m no pro, not even close to sniffing GC, but I have been playing since late 2016 on PS4 and now on PC for half a year and have learned to control my car well enough to reach and maintain Plat 2. I can’t even get a goal in casual 1s now. That is not an exaggeration, I have played 3 casual games to test out the troubleshooting I’ve done without harming my rank and I have not scored a single goal in all 3 after having my opponents consistently concede possession and whiffing on clear attempts from their half.

None of us know the full nature of this thing and until then I will personally remain neutral regarding who I think is to blame, but regardless of that I feel as though I will have to give up on this game if the issue persists and that is legitimately heartbreaking.

Best of luck to everyone of us getting past this thing so we can go back to complaining about our ranks not showing in the post-game lobby or how much we hate smurfs and why your teammates think rotating means changing their what side of your goal they’re going to keep warm the whole match. Nothing would make me happier.
Last edited by Reehan on Fri May 11, 2018 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reehan
Supersonic

PSN ID: thegamelolol
Steam ID: Reehan

Postby Everlastingbulletlag on Fri May 11, 2018 12:23 pm

Look here set settings exactly like I have I belive it will solve your problem. It sound strangr I know and maby you cant adjust the same settings in RL but if you can it will solve it.

Look at my videos

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... ing-me/94/
Everlastingbulletlag
Acrobatic

Postby Everlastingbulletlag on Fri May 11, 2018 3:49 pm

Hi again the lag is back so it dont work. Im sorry for posting so fast but I was just yes.. At last I got ride of it but I didnt.
Everlastingbulletlag
Acrobatic

Postby Reehan on Fri May 11, 2018 4:41 pm

Everlastingbulletlag wrote:Hi again the lag is back so it dont work. Im sorry for posting so fast but I was just yes.. At last I got ride of it but I didnt.

I know exactly how you feel, no apology needed as a know if I found anything close to a fix I would post as soon as possible. I think we all sincerely want everyone affected by this to wake up one day to the Rocket League we’ve known for so long. After knowing how much this thing will throw off your game it kind of sullies the feeling of a win or a nice goal knowing your opponent may have been feeling the HCB at that time and you didn’t get their best effort.

I sit here writing this response as my PC boots up, only knowing my first few seconds of play will get my hopes up before it sets in and I lose my patience. My skill rating continues to fall as I avoid ranked knowing I will only bring down my teammates and that’s not fair to those free of the bug who can still enjoy the game and grind out wins. I’m sure anyone feeling HCB who has been a jerk to their team over poor play might think twice and feel a little regret knowing their mates skills could have been throttled (I will swear until the day I quit RL that I have seen immediate progress in my teams play mid-game when I give them words of encouragement and brush it off when they get a bad touch or lose a 50:50)
Reehan
Supersonic

PSN ID: thegamelolol
Steam ID: Reehan

Postby Tentacles on Fri May 11, 2018 5:49 pm

We have tried every single fix and none of them have worked. This is an issue only Psyonix can fix but they won't even admit it's an issue. Honestly, if the next patch doesn't fix it now that there is a way to test for HCB I am quitting the game. The game is simply not fun knowing the person I am playing against is having no issues while my car is a brick and every shot I take desyncs. If this was any other game I would have thrown it away long ago but enough is enough.
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support