Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Re: Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Postby Everlastingbulletlag on Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:25 pm

Massage to Steam support you all could do the same making more fokus on the bug.

Message from you on Apr 21, 2018 @ 10:20pm | less than a minute ago

Franky myself and many other players who suffer from this bug all over the world have tryed everything within game settings, windows settings even electrican cant solve this its something devs need to solve. Therefore I ask you one more time to contact Valve and tell them about the problem. I paid for the games and its unplayable. Many people are consittering quitting gaming for good because of the recoillag, bulletlag. My isp is totally fine and my pc should easy could run csgo eg. Some claim its about how the game handle treads or cores. Its only devs who can solve this. Look at the linkes for more information. Im not able to change this myself.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/c ... locations/

Or maby its this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensiv ... ity_cause/

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... ing-me/76/

In the tread underneath 1441 pages are hidden so you can imagine how hard people have been trying to solve it. Now we need to get Valves developers attention and you can save us by doing so.

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/halflife/issues/387

I vey much hope you will help us wit this.
Everlastingbulletlag
Acrobatic

Postby GalactixJR on Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:00 pm

-----------------
Last edited by GalactixJR on Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby l0wcrow420 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:25 pm

Dunno where I have heard or maybee read it but there was an lan tournament they wanted to play in localmode and the players all agreed game was feeling different so they actually played online at LAN - thats a while ago...But surely they will come up again with some stupid excuse or well ignore it like always. We have done enough. Its not on us anymore thats for sure...

I recently asked and checked some peoples settings and what they mess around with sens its ridicilious - they simply dont get it galactix. Game can be absolutely perfect with 1.0 sens all what higher sens does is giving you the feeling of more responsivness but you actually loose all accuracy and well obviously it stays random and playing at higher sens might let look whiffs even more ridiclious but well what do we know galactix right NOTHING :P

The thing we should have done after a couple month galactix is trying to help each other to get away from THIS GAME and help each other to get rid of the addiction and find joy in other games than wasting all our time and loosing our mind to an sadly absolutely ignorant company like psyonix
l0wcrow420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: l0wcrow

Postby GalactixJR on Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:37 pm

True.

Alright, I'm seriously done. I absolutely need to just stop looking at the thread and move on. Peace out guys. :)
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Everlastingbulletlag on Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:23 pm

You are absolutly right we cant do more is out of our hands. The only problem there is then you all will quite gaming for good cos the bug is in all games so you cant play anymore. I sad to say so but its the trues.
Everlastingbulletlag
Acrobatic

Postby pouleorange on Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:55 pm

Hello,

I read there from many people that HCB (Heavy Car Bug) exists only on PC but it's wrong. In fact, I have this bug for over a year on PS4. At first, I thought I was the only player to get that and then I saw all the discussions on this forum about this bug.

I will tell you how this bug occured because it's quite different from PC players, and maybe it can help to find a solution.

Actually, the bug first appeared after an update, but I thought it was a controller problem because my car responded different depending on the controller I was using. In fact, I tried a controller from a friend and I had no problem with the smoothness of my car.

I wasn't able to purchase a new controller at this time so I kept playing with my "broken controller" until I decided to create an other account to see if the problem really comes from the controller (because the controller was 100% working for other games). So I played with the new account and the heaviness was there too and for my both controller (mine and the one of my friend).

Then one day I bought a new controller and used it for my main account and I got no HCB... until the last update !!

So it seems like updates are a cause of this bug ?

Other informations: - Car is smooth in training mode - Depending on the account I'm using and depending on the controller I'm using, the HCB is there but always at a different level. - The sensivity settings are so weird when I change them during HCB, like working once in 3. - I one day tried my account on an other PS4 and there was no HCB

Hopefully this information can help the ones who are giving all their time to fix HCB. Don't hesitate to ask me questions. And hopefully Psyonix will wake up one day
pouleorange
Supersonic

PSN ID: Rouroux-esr-la

Postby aceworm on Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:48 pm

Most likely what you think is a controller fix, is that you have actually gone out to buy it, and when you came back you managed to get a good session on a good server, ive had the exact same phenomenon, but opposite. I was playing amazing, went out brought a new controller and the game felt horrible again. however by this point im pretty certain non of the tweaks will actually matter or fix the game, they just make it bearable for a while but its always there.
aceworm
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Tentacles on Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:49 pm

Ha I went and bought a new controller. So far no HCB, just an insane amount of packet loss. But i'm sure HCB will be back in no time.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby Everlastingbulletlag on Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:42 am

Pauleorange thx for the info and for using your time to tell us.
Can I ask you if you use Steam to play on ps4? And if yes was the update made by Steam or Psyonix?
Everlastingbulletlag
Acrobatic

Postby acxfusion on Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:02 am

pouleorange wrote:Hello,

I read there from many people that HCB (Heavy Car Bug) exists only on PC but it's wrong. In fact, I have this bug for over a year on PS4. At first, I thought I was the only player to get that and then I saw all the discussions on this forum about this bug.

I will tell you how this bug occured because it's quite different from PC players, and maybe it can help to find a solution.

Actually, the bug first appeared after an update, but I thought it was a controller problem because my car responded different depending on the controller I was using. In fact, I tried a controller from a friend and I had no problem with the smoothness of my car.

I wasn't able to purchase a new controller at this time so I kept playing with my "broken controller" until I decided to create an other account to see if the problem really comes from the controller (because the controller was 100% working for other games). So I played with the new account and the heaviness was there too and for my both controller (mine and the one of my friend).

Then one day I bought a new controller and used it for my main account and I got no HCB... until the last update !!

So it seems like updates are a cause of this bug ?

Other informations: - Car is smooth in training mode - Depending on the account I'm using and depending on the controller I'm using, the HCB is there but always at a different level. - The sensivity settings are so weird when I change them during HCB, like working once in 3. - I one day tried my account on an other PS4 and there was no HCB

Hopefully this information can help the ones who are giving all their time to fix HCB. Don't hesitate to ask me questions. And hopefully Psyonix will wake up one day

Tried 5 different controllers and still HCB.

Everlastingbulletlag wrote:Pauleorange thx for the info and for using your time to tell us.
Can I ask you if you use Steam to play on ps4? And if yes was the update made by Steam or Psyonix?

Steam runs on PC only. Not PS4. Steam doesn't do updates to games they don't own.
acxfusion
Supersonic

Region: US

Postby Everlastingbulletlag on Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:15 am

Okay then it comming with yhe updates somehow can you see what was the update they did when hbc came?
Everlastingbulletlag
Acrobatic

Postby Tentacles on Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:46 pm

HCB and packet loss go hand and hand for me, the icons confirm it now too.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby aceworm on Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:40 pm

Don’t even try new controllers any more, £50 a shot is too much to spend on a wim for the hcb
aceworm
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Everlastingbulletlag on Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:19 am

Tentacles if you have packet loss then try to lower your rates if there is a console ingame.
Everlastingbulletlag
Acrobatic

Postby HeavyCarVictim4 on Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:46 am

Tentacles wrote:HCB and packet loss go hand and hand for me, the icons confirm it now too.

For me also, several times when i had HCB - i also had the packet loss notification, but not always. which makes me think if maybe the "packet loss" sign only appears if packet loss is above a certain precentage? maybe i have a continous small amount of packet loss, even though there's no notification?

but here's another thing - i play fortnite, and in fortnite you can see in the top left corner of the screen, while in gameplay, the exact amount of packets sent/recieved per second. which is about 50 packets per second for me. and there im on a steady 0% packet loss.

so it seems that if i do have packet loss with rocket league servers, then it's not becuase of a problem on my end.

but it just doesn't make sense that a packet loss would cause HCB. becuase, assuming i understood correctly what Cone and Corey said - Physics run localy on your PC, and inputs are proccesed immediatly by your client, without waiting for server. so how can packet loss cause it?
Last edited by HeavyCarVictim4 on Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
HeavyCarVictim4
Acrobatic

Postby Everlastingbulletlag on Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:00 am

Normal the packet lost is happing when your data is set to the server and some of them aint reciving it destination. Are you playing on wifi?
Everlastingbulletlag
Acrobatic

Postby Tentacles on Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:47 am

I just don't know anymore. This thread is 141 pages long and Psyonix has still yet to admit that HCB is a thing.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby Hudson on Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:54 pm

HCB is really bad right now 2 days ago I reached champ 2 easily now I'm losing every game can't reach easy aerials......
Hudson
Acrobatic

Postby Tentacles on Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:09 am

Ok here is a new way to reduce HCB for PC, not a fix. Add -high to rocket league launch options. You can access launch options from properties in steam.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby Viking on Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:51 pm

This guy is a genius. It has to be this...

https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/c ... h_latency/
Viking
Acrobatic

Steam ID: Viking
Region: EU

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support