Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Re: Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Postby aceworm on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:09 pm

Everlastingbulletlag wrote:Aceworm I hear you talking about dimonds and dimonds have nothing to do with it;D Thats what I mean.
So its eighter
1 The game
2 Electricity
3 The servers

What havent we tryed yet?

I cant really think of anything but maby others can think of something?;-)

Of course it has nothing to do with it, however when you’ve been in the thread as long as some of us, you realise there’s nothing left to achieve than share and link stories about how it affects us. It’s a similarity as that’s where a lot of us will be stuck. I still believe there’s nothing we can do to fix, much smarter people tried and failed
aceworm
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby pantsparty7 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:40 pm

Yeah, the problem with that video was that he was eyeballing things and providing input manually, and even though I don't doubt the results, you're going to get measurement errors when you do things that way.

If you're willing to invest 60 bucks (it will also help a lot if you have access to several ISPs, Rocket League accounts and hardware) to be the hero who conclusively proved the existence of the HCB, then this thing should do the job very easily. : http://cronusmax.com/cronuspro/plugins/ :

Record any sequence of commands that you perform on the controller and then reproduce this sequence any time you want. For some kinds of games this feature is especially useful. For example to help a friend to finish a Guitar Hero song on hard difficulty. What you can do? You can record the sequence of commands while playing Guitar Hero and then send the file to your friend, so he can use the Max Rec Plugin to load the file and reproduce the sequence that you created.

I think the first person who does this kind of science is going to find a lot of interesting stuff. Because there is a lot of strange things going on with the physics in this game, to put it mildly. If I weren't broke as a church mouse, I'd do it myself.

Some things that should be compared:
- Different ISPs
- Different times of day (i.e. server congestion)
- Different Rocket League accounts
- Different network configurations (i.e. WiFi/cabled, router settings, routers, bridges, switches etc.)
- Different network conditions (i.e. ping, jitter, packet loss)
- Different monitors/monitor refresh rates
- Different graphic card settings (g-sync/v-sync in particular)
- Different framerates (cap the framerate)

This is a great post. I seem to remember now that you mention it, too, that he was manually providing input. Like I said earlier I just keep thinking maybe "tomorrow" someone will do all this because I don't want to learn all this right now. If I get more time, maybe I will, though. Also, I could be persuaded to help pay for some of these tools (and I'll bet others would be willing here, too) if someone really good with these technical things would do the research for us.
pantsparty7
Acrobatic

Steam ID: pantsparty7
GamerTag: pantspartyseven
Region: US

Postby SteveGamingFR on Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:47 pm

I had Steam cloud disabled for 1 month for Rocket League, today I randomly enabled Steam cloud and got some in-game items, one was the Interdimensional GB car boost and I equipped it. Game felt more smooth all of a sudden. God knows why and for how long. But, I still have this 1 second lag where I can't challenge and do stuff from my 3500 hours experience.
SteveGamingFR
Supersonic

Steam ID: Stelowoom

Postby SteveGamingFR on Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:00 pm

I went from diamond 2 to platinum 3 today. I swear to god that diamond 1 players are 10 time faster, precise and good positionning than all the hundred of grand champs I've watched on Twitch streams.

This bug is just out of this world.

3500 hours played guys. I could beat Kro on a good day... This is ridiculous.
SteveGamingFR
Supersonic

Postby HeavyCarVictim4 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:50 am

Sizz just uploaded that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgNBLNNAvXw

watch from 00:00 to 2:52

sounds a lot like HCB, doesn't it?
HeavyCarVictim4
Acrobatic

Postby HeavyCar on Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:20 am

ya, but he fixed it with a new gamepad.

edit : reset my controller and now training mode feels better, but online still crap.
HeavyCar
Acrobatic

Postby Odin001 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:03 am

I've also been dealing with the HCB for sometime now myself. Tired many different "fixes" with no luck. I notice a slight difference when I changed the audio quality that's mention on page 120, but when I changed my gamepad back to a PS4 controller over my Xbox the HCB has basically disappeared. It's been a little over 4 days now and the bug hasn't come back. I honestly doubt it'll stay this way, but it has been nice.
Last edited by Odin001 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Odin001
Supersonic

Postby HeavyCarVictim4 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:14 am

i discovered something that could be interesting. and i havent seen anyone who tried this yet.

after i have launched the game and open freeplay\enter an online game. i went to task manager and end task "Steam client bootstrapper" then go back to the game. at the first 10-30 seconds the game is really laggy, but after a minute or so the laggs stop, and HCB is gone:O. and after 2 minutes or so the game crashes.

this happened to me in freeplay as well as in an online game.

i think if this happens to more people, it could possibly serve as a proof that this issue is steam-related.

can anyone please try this?
HeavyCarVictim4
Acrobatic

Postby colekart3 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:03 am

HeavyCarVictim4 wrote:i discovered something that could be interesting. and i havent seen anyone who tried this yet.

after i have launched the game and open freeplay\enter an online game. i went to task manager and end task "Steam client bootstrapper" then go back to the game. at the first 10-30 seconds the game is really laggy, but after a minute or so the laggs stop, and HCB is gone:O. and after 2 minutes or so the game crashes.

this happened to me in freeplay as well as in an online game.

i think if this happens to more people, it could possibly serve as a proof that this issue is steam-related.

can anyone please try this?

I think this was one of the things tried earlier in this thread. It was just another one of those momentary improvements. At this point there are so many of these temporary fixes that the problem cannot be narrowed down to one thing that way. But yes we think steam is part of the problem here along with the servers. I will try ending the steam service and see how my game acts when I get back to my pc.
colekart3
Acrobatic

Steam ID: colekart3
GamerTag: colenovi

Postby SteveGamingFR on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:17 am

Do you feel like the game is low FPS even if it show 250fps? Like the engine is trying to catch up. And when I see the Joining (when an online game pop up), the game stutter with the beep sound.
SteveGamingFR
Supersonic

Postby colekart3 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:39 am

@steve yes. It only goes away for me when I'm disconnected from the internet
colekart3
Acrobatic

Steam ID: colekart3
GamerTag: colenovi

Postby HeavyCarVictim4 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:42 am

SteveGamingFR wrote:Do you feel like the game is low FPS even if it show 250fps? Like the engine is trying to catch up. And when I see the Joining (when an online game pop up), the game stutter with the beep sound.

about the second thing you said - i have the same issue.
every time it strart to join a game my game freezes for 1-3 seconds. and also every time someone joins/leaves a match. or any time a a team forfeits. or when a game is over.

about the fps thing. did you try limit your FPS to be the same as you monitor limit? i have a 144hz screen and the game was on 250fps - which caused 100% cpu usage and slowed down my game. when i limited it to 144hz it helped.

EDIT:

i found this on steam's support page:

Known Issues with Internet Service Providers (ISPs)
Important:
If you notice that your Steam connection only has issues during certain hours of the day (for example in the evenings between 5pm and 11pm), it is possible that your ISP is blocking or "shaping" your connection. Please test your connection at other hours of the day and contact your ISP directly if you believe this is causing the connection issue.

Some ISPs have been found to block ports required for the proper operation of Steam and Steam games:

012.net (Steam traffic blocked)
Bluewin (Firewall blocks Steam from provider side - must be disabled through provider's service portal)
Dutch Telecom (Steam traffic blocked)
ISPFree (Steam traffic blocked)
Micronet Broadband (Steam traffic blocked)
HeavyCarVictim4
Acrobatic

Postby GalactixJR on Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:30 pm

--------
Last edited by GalactixJR on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby SteveGamingFR on Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:51 am

Yes I have tried alot of combination like 30FPS 55,56,57,58,59,60,61,62,63,64,100,120,240,250 and with and without vsynch,adaptive,fast, and hundred of other things like monitor refresh rate, only one monitor plugged, changing cables, ports, etc. Trying Windows 7, old Windows 10 version, fast ring insider versions. Moving cities and changing ISP (not because of the game lol). The list goes on forever because it's been a year and I've tried many things every months of the year.

I'd like to compete and call myself a grand champ but I can't because my software does not behave like grand champ players so I will just call myself a grand champ anyway and move on. I'm playing Rumble clown mode only now and to be honest I finally was able to play other games and have pure fun in my 700 games library. I will keep lurking in here if a magical response is made but for now...

--------
SteveGamingFR
Supersonic

Postby Odin001 on Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:19 pm

As stated in my previous post. I've had no issues with the HCB for the past 4 days until yesterday morning. The only difference was that I shut down my PC. Now, I noticed it right away in freeplay once I powered my PC back on and jumped into RL. It was slow/heavy etc etc. It honestly felt like my deadzone went from 0.1 to 0.5, or something along those lines.

I ended up doing this to fix it and I had to do this twice yesterday, which worked both times. I had to go into the Steam settings, controller, enable PS4 support, then go into controller configuration for RL and restore defaults. After restoring the deadzone shape from square back to cross, I simply put it back to square and jump back into freeplay. Sadly, this didn't work at first and I still felt like a tank. I then deiced to just unplug my USB cable (that's connected to my PS4 controller) from my PC and plug it back in. Lord hold and behold the HCB was gone!

Later last night I went grocery shopping and I put my PC into sleep mode(dumb idea, yes I know). Sure enough, when I got back and woke my PC up. The HCB was back. I simply tired to just unplug the USB cable, but this didn't work. When I repeated the steps above however, it worked again right after I plugged the USB cable back into my USB port. At this point, at least for me. It's a USB issue (maybe). Either drivers or a USB power issue. Doesn't explain why I have to go through the controller steps to fix this...

Today I loaded up RL without powering off my PC or sleep mode since I did the fix last night, and It was running just fine. Sorry if this was unhelpful or if someone has already posted something like this earlier. I know the Controller Configuration has been mention already. I just wanted to share that this is what I have to do now (thus far) to fix the HCB. :cheesygrin:
Last edited by Odin001 on Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Odin001
Supersonic

Postby HeavyCar on Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:41 pm

today no HCB :o
uninstalled USB drivers + reset my ps4 pad.
HeavyCar
Acrobatic

Postby pantsparty7 on Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:50 pm

Odin001, your experience sounds very similar to mine in that I have to disable/re-enable Durazno settings for my controller. This program is another way of making the deadzone square.

My game will feel super heavy. I'll take off Durazno. I'll start up the game and it feels great (but with no square deadzone). I'll then reapply the Durazno settings and everything is working great again (sometimes this doesn't work, though.)

I tried using the Xbox One Controller support from Steam and then applying the square deadzone from there, but it always felt off to me. Has anyone else developed a preference for Durazno vs Steam support?
pantsparty7
Acrobatic

Postby Tentacles on Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:41 pm

Stop using Durazno. Steam controller settings are better.
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby cincabeza on Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:35 am

FWIW using ps4 support through steam gives me laggy input and HCB... I get best results just plugging directly into USB.
cincabeza
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: cincabeza
Steam ID: cincabeza

Postby pantsparty7 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:59 am

I remembered why I stopped using it. I tried it yesterday and every time I press start, it brings up a second player and my controller controls both cars. I tried restarting to no avail. I did finally find the solution in another thread, though:

1. Uninstall drivers for your controller.
2. Unplug your controller and then plug it back in. Drivers should reinstall.
3. Restart computer.
pantsparty7
Acrobatic

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support