Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Re: Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Postby HeavyCar on Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:14 am

yap, its possible. I thought about it too.
HeavyCar
Acrobatic

Postby Everlastingbulletlag on Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:53 am

Coolkat you got a point there but the problem is so evil so if people solve it they simply must post the fix. I will do imidiatly if I solve it cos the games should be fair for everybody.
It could be something with the main servers. Cos I read a tread where people complains about the bullet delay after server updates.
But in my case its only Valve who can fix this.

Look at this video below its a bad recording but its showing the bullet not doing the propperly damage.

https://youtu.be/nzE1So0j6us
Everlastingbulletlag
Acrobatic

Postby colekart3 on Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:03 am

Ok let's say you are a game developer like psyonix. You know there are problems with the servers, but fixing them would be very costly. Then, one of your big name players (kuxir) complains about heavy car problems. What do you do? You sure as hell are going to pull some strings to get that guy connected to the best servers. The last thing they want is for a big name player to complain about this problem. If that happens they can say goodbye to X amount of money to upgrade and maintain better servers. But I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they are working on servers it just takes time. I has just been too damn long. Money talks
colekart3
Acrobatic

Steam ID: colekart3
GamerTag: colenovi

Postby Everlastingbulletlag on Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:34 am

Coolcat yes I have heard that before that Valve knows there is a problem and they work on it. The post is from 2015 and still the bulletlag and missing bullet registry is there.
But the funny thing is even pro players complains about it in csgo and nothing is done.
I dont know what to do that wait for a solve I have tryed everything possible in 14 years.

I dont buy new games cos the lag will be there aswell sadly..
Everlastingbulletlag
Acrobatic

Postby ryantony1 on Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:09 pm

This helped me fix my heavy car bug, thought I would share. Hope this helps someone :

http://techblogger.site/index.php/2018/03/11/how-i-fixed-the-heavy-car-bug-in-rocket-league/
ryantony1
Supersonic

Steam ID: ryantony1

Postby HeavyCar on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:47 am

do u guys try different gamepads ?
HeavyCar
Acrobatic

Postby HeavyCarVictim4 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:59 am

Another HCB victim here. signed up for this forum just for this thread:(
like everybody else, i have already tried every possible fix i could find online.

when i play really late at night, (3:00-5:00 AM), the bug in gone completely. when i play at late evening/early night (11:00-2:00 AM) the bug seems to come and go several times in a game. at any other time the problem is in full effect and the game is unplayeble.

at night i play like champ 2/3 and then in day time i can barley beat diamond 3 players:(
HeavyCarVictim4
Acrobatic

Postby Tentacles on Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:40 pm

There is literally nothing we can do to fix it, we can make adjustments to have it happen less but as long as Vultr is the main provider we will be fucked with HCB.
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby Everlastingbulletlag on Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:04 pm

well Im not trying to turn your "light" out. But I know the problem all to good and you say the problem goes away but its only the start of it. The thing you will see is the lag will get permanent over app. a year or two. The the lag/delay will be there all the time but abit less in night but game will be unplayable.
Can you please tell me if your are playing through Steam? Like Valve games.
Cos Im trying to find out if its Steam lagging the hole pc or ps4.
If itsnt Steam then I can iliminate some things. But then its propperly game engine or servers despite that lag is also there offline.
Everlastingbulletlag
Acrobatic

Postby KarbonIced on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:29 pm

Everlastingbulletlag wrote:Can you please tell me if your are playing through Steam? Like Valve games.

Rocket league is run through steam on pc, but based on the unreal engine 3, uses scaleform (Flash) for its menus/interfaces and utilizes direct x9 in windows.
KarbonIced
Acrobatic

Steam ID: KarbonIced

Postby HeavyCar on Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:35 am

i uninstalled my mb usb drivers yesterday and it felt a bit better for 30 mins. Then it felt slow and sluggish again..... :o
HeavyCar
Acrobatic

Postby Tentacles on Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:50 am

Tonight was unreal HCB for me. Been on support with Psyonix for over a week now, lag seems to be getting worse.
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby HeavyCarVictim4 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:53 am

i was wondering,
did anyone try playing on the "tornument beta" when it was out?

i remember watching a video that sizz and rizzo made, in which sizz said that the game felt a lot smoother on tornument beta.
HeavyCarVictim4
Acrobatic

Postby colekart3 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:07 am

Tentacles wrote:Tonight was unreal HCB for me. Been on support with Psyonix for over a week now, lag seems to be getting worse.

I've been on with them for months... They will start taking weeks to respond after they move your ticket along a few times
colekart3
Acrobatic

Steam ID: colekart3
GamerTag: colenovi

Postby SteveGamingFR on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:36 am

HeavyCarVictim4 wrote:i was wondering,
did anyone try playing on the "tornument beta" when it was out?

i remember watching a video that sizz and rizzo made, in which sizz said that the game felt a lot smoother on tornument beta.

Yes I tried it and it was the worst HCB feeling ever the more you played in the tournament, the third game was unplayable HCB mess.
SteveGamingFR
Supersonic

Steam ID: Stelowoom

Postby SteveGamingFR on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:45 am

ryantony1 wrote:This helped me fix my heavy car bug, thought I would share. Hope this helps someone :

http://techblogger.site/index.php/2018/03/11/how-i-fixed-the-heavy-car-bug-in-rocket-league/

I tried everything on the link, it did nothing.

It's the network somehow infecting the game engine.

Where is the guy who fixed his double NAT and had a better game ?
SteveGamingFR
Supersonic

Postby SteveGamingFR on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:49 am

Somehow when I unplug my Internet, Start Steam in offline mode, delete remotecache.vdf from Steam\userdata\YourID\252950 and start the game. The animation of the car zooming in on the splash screen main menu is not stuttering and my car feels almost good, for a minute or two then goes to worst the more I play.

What the hell is going on with this spaghetti coded game.
SteveGamingFR
Supersonic

Postby SteveGamingFR on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:07 am

SteveGamingFR wrote:
ryantony1 wrote:This helped me fix my heavy car bug, thought I would share. Hope this helps someone :

I tried everything on the link, it did nothing. In fact is was worst (unplayable mess)

It's the network somehow infecting the game engine.

Where is the guy who fixed his double NAT and had a better game ?
Last edited by SteveGamingFR on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
SteveGamingFR
Supersonic

Postby cincabeza on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:22 am

Steve if you're going to make threats, please stop using the forum. You are hurting the cause. You do not represent us.
cincabeza
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: cincabeza
Steam ID: cincabeza

Postby UncleFuhrer on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:47 am

pantsparty7 wrote:Instead of focusing on a fix, someone really needs to just post virtually indisputable proof. To do this, they need to set up a macro or some other way of reproducing the same exact inputs over and over. Then they need to run these inputs under normal circumstances and when the car is heavy. This should show that the car is behaving differently under different "states." I remember a while back someone posted a video of this where the car was turning circles and the circles were 100% different with the same inputs on a game server. I can't remember where this video is, but that was a good start. I think this is the only way Psyonix will look at the issue. I would do this myself but I don't know how exactly and I just keep thinking "Someone better with computers will surely do this soon."

Yeah, the problem with that video was that he was eyeballing things and providing input manually, and even though I don't doubt the results, you're going to get measurement errors when you do things that way.

If you're willing to invest 60 bucks (it will also help a lot if you have access to several ISPs, Rocket League accounts and hardware) to be the hero who conclusively proved the existence of the HCB, then this thing should do the job very easily. : http://cronusmax.com/cronuspro/plugins/ :

Record any sequence of commands that you perform on the controller and then reproduce this sequence any time you want. For some kinds of games this feature is especially useful. For example to help a friend to finish a Guitar Hero song on hard difficulty. What you can do? You can record the sequence of commands while playing Guitar Hero and then send the file to your friend, so he can use the Max Rec Plugin to load the file and reproduce the sequence that you created.

I think the first person who does this kind of science is going to find a lot of interesting stuff. Because there is a lot of strange things going on with the physics in this game, to put it mildly. If I weren't broke as a church mouse, I'd do it myself.

Some things that should be compared:
- Different ISPs
- Different times of day (i.e. server congestion)
- Different Rocket League accounts
- Different network configurations (i.e. WiFi/cabled, router settings, routers, bridges, switches etc.)
- Different network conditions (i.e. ping, jitter, packet loss)
- Different monitors/monitor refresh rates
- Different graphic card settings (g-sync/v-sync in particular)
- Different framerates (cap the framerate)
UncleFuhrer
Supersonic

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support