Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Re: Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Postby Hudson on Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:14 am

I just think it's really strange that you'll get slowed down I've never witnessed something like this in any other online game. I'n my cod days a long time ago I'd die through walls and shit like that but that's just desync and pretty much happens in all online games including this game and that's acceptable but hcb is not.
Hudson
Acrobatic

Postby Everlastingbulletlag on Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:16 am

Coolkart I really dont know but to what I see its eighter Steam or electricity. I could be Steam cos they interduced server to be ahead of the client with the sourceengine so what you see on your pc is not the reality but the server is in realtime and client are delayed. This was interduced because of high ping players shouldnt have disadvanted and should be harder to cheat. But why this maske some players have it and some dont I dont know. But it could be that or electricity. It could be electricity cos I heard some people saying it and on my old pc I could pluging old headphones into front mike and game was totally smooth afterwoods. But only for a while like you also mention. That was leading to a thought if this could be a outlet grounding issue but it didnt work. So what about ohm? I tryed a fix of this but without luck again. But maby some of you are more into that then me, so maby you can go further to test.

I have this weird lag and in all steam games and others to. The hole pc lags because of this strange thing. I have good isp and no choke or loss and like I said its also there offline with bots so I dont think its a ips issue. I have heard many changed isp with no succes even moved from one appartment to another and the lag is still happening.

I think there was a maintain on Steam servers the 18 of january and after that my pc is more smooth in windows menus and google but lag is still in game. So I really dont know what its is.
Everlastingbulletlag
Acrobatic

Postby Everlastingbulletlag on Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:21 am

Look at this and there is many other treads about it..

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... ing-me/57/
Everlastingbulletlag
Acrobatic

Postby HeavyCar on Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:15 pm

The Funny stuff is, i had 2 weeks were this Game felt amazing, it was super fast etc. I changed nothing and suddenly it was the lame shit again. Someone told me ingame he fixed it with a new ps4 adapter / cable. I have two here and i dont see any different between them.
Why cant psyonix fix it ? They have enough feedback here etc.
HeavyCar
Acrobatic

Postby Everlastingbulletlag on Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:05 pm

Heavycar yes I know the feeling and have seen almost the same thing on my pc. But its only totally smooth very rate though. It can be abit smoother than normal ones in a while but I think I have expirence to get totally free for delay/lag only 4 times in 14 years. But suddenly the game is smooth without doing anything. What could it be the servers or? But its also offline. But making some setting in your pc can bring the game abit smoother but not like the game is supposed to. and only shortly. I have changed my cabel or wire from modem to pc with cat 6 and that didnt help. But the funny thing is I hear the lag is also on ps4 so that iliminate some things like if its windows etc.
Everlastingbulletlag
Acrobatic

Postby HeavyCar on Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:14 am

yes, but WHY i had some days were it felt very good / super fast ?
Ive tested my wireless xbox pad again.. it feels a little bit better, but still broking my hand when i try to turn the car :o
i would love to see a Squishy or an other " pro" to play with that crap and see his reaction. And Psyonix just update some new super,duper DLC Cars. Still laggy server etc.
HeavyCar
Acrobatic

Postby Everlastingbulletlag on Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:59 am

Its indeed very strange Heavycar I wish I could help you but there is no fix. But be sure to tell support about the problem cos when more and more complain maby they will fix it if its something that developers are able to solve. Otherwise we can only hope that one pc expert will help us reading this. Its the problem none have been able to solve yet after 14 years and therefore there is a little prestige if some can get the fix. I have almost tryed everything possible and all settings even buy gamer pc and nothing seems to work/help. So I ask for a pc guru or Bill Gates to help us he.

But lets bring back thoughts
1 New pc dont work(I have 4 pc's where all have the problem)
2 The lag or delay is offline with bots so it cant be the isp or?
and if you are hosting a game with bots it cant be server related as far as I know but can some of you confirm this?
3 Some say its electricity but dont know what it can be cos I tryed to ground my pc.

So it can be Steam lagging hole the pc. But you aint play through Steam with ps4? I know it sound stupid but Im not very much into playstation.

So what is left?
Steam
Electricity
Or a virus

I cant see what else can cause it.. can you?
Everlastingbulletlag
Acrobatic

Postby colekart3 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:23 pm

Who here has tried wiping their windows, installing RL, then play offline? I tried this and holy shit it was smooth. I unplugged my Ethernet an it seems connecting to the servers causes the bug to come and stay even when offline, but if you never connect to servers the bug never comes... I only play Rl so I wipe my windows all the time and do the temporay fixes over and over. That's the only way I can play and keep my sanity
colekart3
Acrobatic

Steam ID: colekart3
GamerTag: colenovi

Postby SteveGamingFR on Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:23 pm

colekart3 wrote:Who here has tried wiping their windows, installing RL, then play offline? I tried this and holy shit it was smooth. I unplugged my Ethernet an it seems connecting to the servers causes the bug to come and stay even when offline, but if you never connect to servers the bug never comes... I only play Rl so I wipe my windows all the time and do the temporay fixes over and over. That's the only way I can play and keep my sanity

Then, it could be ISP or servers routes related, that brings the game engine to this bugged state like it's "infected" by it or something. Something some of us are speculating for a while.
SteveGamingFR
Supersonic

Steam ID: Stelowoom

Postby HeavyCar on Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:32 am

do u guys have the windows 10 "Gaming" update ?
HeavyCar
Acrobatic

Postby aceworm on Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:57 am

SteveGamingFR wrote:Just asking. Do you guys feels like the opponents are 5 times faster than you ? Do you feel than even Jknaps would be destroyed by their speed ? God this bug sux.

And I'm talking about Diamond 1 (I know title means nothing, but they are all semi-pro, WTF?)... with 3500 hours played on my side, I struggle like I was Gold 1, just nothing, whatsoever, works.

Additional questions. Does your car shake like crazy when you press boost to start kickoff? Like there is one huge entire second where the game could not register the input so you're late at kickoff all the time? Do you get thrown all over the map at the kickoff when you hit the ball and the opponent just continue like nothing happened ? And do you go THRU cars too ? I even get boost when I don't touch them !!!!!!! SOMEONE I DEMO AND HE DON'T EVEN DEMO IN THE REPLAY, UNNACEPTABLE PSYONX!!!!!!!!!! Do you feel like you shot right and the ball go left ?! I go full acceleration boost and can't even demo someone because they are NOT WHERE I SEE THEM. Does your game stutter like crazy when Joining... a match? Sometimes I think I'm the only one in wonderland in Rocket League. All of this with input lag and a heavy car, yay !

Psyonix can you at LEAST give me freeplay with a software that work ?

Yeah diamond 1 is about the skill cap this bugs knocks you off at, when you feel like everyone around you just is 10x faster and better at getting to the ball. Its that area where they are experienced enough to read the ball so you stand no chance with HCB, however without it theyre are merly average player to below.

And to the person who said we should concentrate on solving the issue, what do you think we've been doing, we've done everything we're technically capable of doing or that psyonix will allow us info to do. Me and a hell of a lot have tried every setting, hardware, routing and video evidence we can think of. so far routing and VPN have been the most noticeable signs of improvement, with Qos/Opening ports / Dynamic IP'S, but its never consistent and obviously the general public shouldnt have to do that to stand a chance of playing competitively.
aceworm
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby aceworm on Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:01 am

colekart3 wrote:Who here has tried wiping their windows, installing RL, then play offline? I tried this and holy shit it was smooth. I unplugged my Ethernet an it seems connecting to the servers causes the bug to come and stay even when offline, but if you never connect to servers the bug never comes... I only play Rl so I wipe my windows all the time and do the temporay fixes over and over. That's the only way I can play and keep my sanity

This is the same when the server goes offline for updates or when you play a few just after an update. The longer it connects to the internet, the worse and worse state it becomes, I don't think ive ever had it get better after a long session only worse. Maybe a few times when i join a friend on a us servers or it becomes 4am it suddenly snaps back into good for a few. but 90% the games get worst after the first one online
aceworm
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Everlastingbulletlag on Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:34 am

Aceworm I hear you talking about dimonds and dimonds have nothing to do with it;D Thats what I mean.
So its eighter
1 The game
2 Electricity
3 The servers

What havent we tryed yet?

I cant really think of anything but maby others can think of something?;-)
Everlastingbulletlag
Acrobatic

Postby pantsparty7 on Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:59 am

Instead of focusing on a fix, someone really needs to just post virtually indisputable proof. To do this, they need to set up a macro or some other way of reproducing the same exact inputs over and over. Then they need to run these inputs under normal circumstances and when the car is heavy. This should show that the car is behaving differently under different "states." I remember a while back someone posted a video of this where the car was turning circles and the circles were 100% different with the same inputs on a game server. I can't remember where this video is, but that was a good start. I think this is the only way Psyonix will look at the issue. I would do this myself but I don't know how exactly and I just keep thinking "Someone better with computers will surely do this soon."
pantsparty7
Acrobatic

Steam ID: pantsparty7
GamerTag: pantspartyseven
Region: US

Postby pantsparty7 on Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:39 am

Also, if this whole thing is really just input lag, they need to do an input lag test...again, when the game is running well and when the game is heavy.
pantsparty7
Acrobatic

Steam ID: pantsparty7
GamerTag: pantspartyseven
Region: US

Postby John Dorian on Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:42 pm

Maybe u mean this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lHTv294QVg

At 2:35 min there is the proof, but u can also check the whole video - its a good summary of the hcb.

peace
John Dorian
Supersonic

Steam ID: John Dorian

Postby Hudson on Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:52 pm

So my game just sped up right now in freeplay it's so obvious. I was struggling with car control right up until now and my game sped up and I'm setting up double touches and scoring them so easily. But yea it's just placebo I just got better in an instant....
Hudson
Acrobatic

Postby Hudson on Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:54 pm

It's 100% servers. The difference is night and day when the game speeds up. It's like going going from 800dpi to like 3k or whatever in an fps game IT'S SO OBVIOUS BUT PLACEBO GUYS.
Hudson
Acrobatic

Postby HeavyCar on Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:04 am

of course it has something to do with the servers. Thats maybe one reason, why psyonix dont fix it. They were many videos in the past about bad servers etc. but they changed nothing. I just see some "nice" new cars and other stuff to make money. it hurts when u know u can play much,much better but the game knocks you out.
And some " pros" talked about this problem many times @ twitter. I dont know, how they fixed it. Freakii was one of them with HCB.
HeavyCar
Acrobatic

Postby colekart3 on Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:47 am

HeavyCar wrote:of course it has something to do with the servers. Thats maybe one reason, why psyonix dont fix it. They were many videos in the past about bad servers etc. but they changed nothing. I just see some "nice" new cars and other stuff to make money. it hurts when u know u can play much,much better but the game knocks you out.
And some " pros" talked about this problem many times @ twitter. I dont know, how they fixed it. Freakii was one of them with HCB.

If you were a pro and made as much money playing this game as some of them, it would probably be in your best interest NOT to tell everyone your solution. It's kindof sad. That's just speculation of course.
colekart3
Acrobatic

Steam ID: colekart3
GamerTag: colenovi

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support