Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Re: Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Postby UncleFuhrer on Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:46 pm

skinnymidwest wrote:HCB shouldn't be too difficult to test......We could set up a training mode program that runs a script to control the car consistently every time so the car is being controlled by a bot on a predetermined path that intersects with the ball and then observe how the ball behaves during times of strong HCB vs times where the HCB isn't noticeable. I guarantee the ball would behave differently.

I don't have the ability to create such a script but I know it IS possible and I'm sure psyonix would have no trouble getting something like that set up. If you know anyone else with game programming experience that might want to take a crack at something like this I think it could provide very useful information.

If someone wants to spend $65, this might be a better solution: http://cronusmax.com/manual/max_rec.htm . It allows you to record controller input and then play it like a macro.

Another solution would be to use one wireless controller to control two cars on two different computers/ISPs.
UncleFuhrer
Supersonic

Postby twist3d on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:10 pm

I am also having this problem to the point I cant play the game. Some videos I see the car looks "heavy", mine is like the brakes are on or the throttle isn't being pushed down all the way. The car will rev through one or two gears and then sort of get stuck, not rev anymore or just start decelerating on its own. If I'm boosting I don't notice it. I timed the car driving across the field in practice mode with and without the bug happening, the bug nearly doubles the time it takes to cross the field without boost.

Has anyone thought maybe psyonix itself is implementing this on us, maybe as punishment for winning too much?

The car can literally come to a stop all on its own (as if I was holding the brakes, but no brake lights) with the trigger held all the way down, randomly. I can take video if anyone needs, it's by far the worse case I've seen of it.

Win10/Nvidia 770gtx/intel i5/32gb ram/sata/xbox1 controller
twist3d
Supersonic

Postby UncleFuhrer on Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:49 pm

twist3d wrote:Has anyone thought maybe psyonix itself is implementing this on us, maybe as punishment for winning too much?

I doubt that, but maybe as punishment for "trash talking" or similar things they don't want us to do? Psyonix' definition of this seems to be very vague/wide.
UncleFuhrer
Supersonic

Postby l0wcrow420 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:39 am

You guys are insane :D dont let such stuff in your brain... this is just the most ridicilious explanation ever even if I certainly thought and not just once what I have done to get punished with this but its certainly not forced guys - cmon

Sumary:

It happens on and offline and affects every gamemode ( offline bad/good game state - we had that topic ) - Packetloss and or Highping on GAMESERVER connection are not an indicator - It cant be an hw issue with gameservers like throttle for some reason because it wont explain why some people have no issues while some have, right - its certainly not any hw issue on our side because this could never be that random and its bullshit one moment game is running flawless and one minute later its garbage with no sign of a change in usage ( they have cpu issues but they are not hcb related ) - also different accounts dont make any differences ( some might say it does but thats probably overall performance using other items or it just got better when you switched I mean its random all the time )

All the randomness who gets affected and when and how bad - everything only points to one reasonable explanation - CONNECTION. Thing is it doesnt look like the gameserver itself are the issue for hcb ( Of course server sucks especially their mainhost vultr but those are the normal packetloss/highping lag but which is different from hcb.

Its freaking complicated but there are other active connections from rl or maybee also steam not just the gameserver-connection when playing an online-match. This is actually the point again calling psyonix for help... We have to check all other connections when playing - we talked about the news maybee causing lag, dunno if the feed at the bottom is interesting aswell - there is also probably a connection for gamestats and or all the itemcrap but other than that no idea - I saw other connections but I dont know how to properly troubleshoot this.

Dunno - thats my mainthought atm: "I am sure after all I know at this moment the only explanation for this random issue is connection BUT what in terms of connection explains why its bad for player A while its good for player B if its not packetloss/highping"

Thats what I think about the issue atm ;) still waiting for news from psyonix - its time

edit: Stuff about account isnt an issue I might should have say its hard to say since its so random. I got 2 accounts and clearly both have the issue but actually my 2nd account which has much less items and overall hours might be always slightly better. What are you expierence - we shouldnt rule this out for sure, I mean kuxir said its better on his alt account aswell. Could be just random...
I might try uninstall game and steam and after reinstall I log on with buddys account which I know doesnt have the issue - since there shouldnt be any other account information this could be good thing to crosscheck that theory - still god dam brainfuck this issue
Last edited by l0wcrow420 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
l0wcrow420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: l0wcrow

Postby l0wcrow420 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:11 am

fail information
Last edited by l0wcrow420 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
l0wcrow420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby GalactixJR on Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:44 pm

So, I contacted someone from 343i about heavy aim and what they did to fix it, he was very vague, but he said there were multiple things in Halo that caused it; Geometry Collision Issues and CPU lag spikes. He said he didn't know too much about it, so that wasn't everything, but those were parts of. I still believe something Network related fixed Halo 5 completely though, but they may not be able to address it, they had tried fixing heavy aim twice.

-First fix; CPU lag spikes, Geometry Collision Issues.

-Second Fix; Networking (This second fix, fixed the "bad states" from happening.)

So In my opinion, I don't think what Vorked (343i Developer) said is too valuable for our case, but it could be, I don't think Rocket League is suffering from the First Fix, but instead the Second. Everything we've done points to Networking/Servers. :)
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby moha on Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:52 am

I played my smurf account's placement match against a silver player but already from the first kickoff I noticed that his game was working, so I decided to check how it looks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jSZFzA ... e=youtu.be
moha
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby l0wcrow420 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:03 am

moha wrote:I played my smurf account's placement match against a silver player but already from the first kickoff I noticed that his game was working, so I decided to check how it looks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jSZFzA ... e=youtu.be

Great clip moha - wonder if people will know what to look at but man thats such a nice clip ;) Can you somehow check how long it takes to register your jump and how long it took for your opponent? btw all of your videos are pretty nice tbh - such a shame it doesnt get attention- dunno this one could actually the exact thing which is on reddit level - I mean I would certainly tell them but other than that I mean there is no reason for not posting its nto much time you wasting. Video and 1 or 2 sentence thats it. If you post it tell us for upvotes

edit: Just send this to someone and as expected I really needed to tell him where to look at BUT after I told him he said wtf ,okay! So you should really either explain it but probably in the video...people will downvote without knowing BUT if you do this right it might get pretty good attention. Maybee even some editing with arrows so seriously everyone gets it. This video and also the short one showing the increased turning radius, maybee another short third which is also obvious and this as compilation and even I think this could work and all those reddit dudes are convinced. Maybee after those 3 all those other video will work because they finally WILLING to see stuff, you know!

edit2: thing I just wanted to say is if any video works on reddit I think this one has at least a chance
Last edited by l0wcrow420 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
l0wcrow420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby l0wcrow420 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:55 am

I just sent this to Freaki and he asked if he can post this on twitter! So what do you think moha shouldnt be a question, right - what do you think about putting some arrow in the video or description if you get maybee the exact time it takes for the jump to happen this would be quiet nice - I mean people have to think thats just a kickoff, nothing compared having this and going for normal challenges or aerials or well all the stuff we talked about
l0wcrow420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby moha on Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:44 am

Of course he can post it. It's a public video. I added small description to the video.
moha
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby l0wcrow420 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:00 am

k, will tell him - have you read what I wrote - I think this could really work for reddit if you post just 1-2 sentences ;)
l0wcrow420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby moha on Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:25 am

Yeah, I read. Thanks for the positive feedback :) I guess I could make a Reddit post but I think I want to see first what kind of response the tweet gets. And I guess I could try to get more proof for the Reddit. I'm not that motivated to create posts because people refuse to believe that this bug exists... If you want you can create a post and use that clip.
moha
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby l0wcrow420 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:52 am

dude no worries - I mean if you made that clip...it wasnt for us, right?! You dont need to convice us or get our attention :P Its a great short clip and its not neccesary writing wall of text. Its your clip so I really think you should post it ;) Freaki isnt online atm - I wrote him offline but honestly just go for it and post - there is literally nothing we can loose
l0wcrow420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby GalactixJR on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:55 am

DUUUUUDEE! OMFG. THE PROOF IS SO EASY TO DIGEST, GREAT CLIP, MOHA! :D

Link the Reddit post, or anything that happens, I want to be involved.
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby GalactixJR on Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:46 pm

I'm so hyped. That video needs to get on Reddit. That thing will blow up! Unless they're queers and take it down for "self promotion" like they did for me.

That proof in that video is so damn clear! I think things will finally start falling into place.
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby moha on Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:07 pm

Ok. I'll create a Reddit post tomorrow. I'll put the link here too when it's done.
moha
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby GalactixJR on Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:05 pm

Alright. Sounds good. In my opinion that guy's game may not have been perfect, but much better than how your game felt.

Your game - pretty heavy
His game - nearly perfect

I still do think it's a Network problem and that everyone experiences it to certain degrees, but that clip is proof and goes to show just how devastating the problem is.
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby ShakerRL on Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:28 pm

I experience this bug every night, all night until late when the server population goes down. Been dealing with it on and off on PS4 and two Steam accounts for as long as I can remember at this point.

Out of curiosity based on Moha's video, I slowed my own gameplay down and consistently saw the lagged jump occur nearly every time, while the other players in the lobby would leave the ground almost immediately at 5% speed.

There's absolutely no reason for Psyonix to keep ignoring this, we could have dozens and dozens of players sending these replays and pointing to that visual cue. Things like turning, powersliding, etc. can't be tracked as easily, but this is a dead tell.

I'm a champion 3 level player when my game is smooth and feel Diamond 3 during HCB, I've been sick of this for a long time.
ShakerRL
Supersonic

PSN ID: Crisp1one
Steam ID: samulator
Region: United States

Postby hypoSTAR on Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:40 pm

GalactixJR wrote:Well, we should be seeing a Psyonix Developer on here soon.

I sent an email to the Community Manager, Devin, and he replied to the email and said he passed it along to the right people. So it's safe to say the Developers will hear everything and since it's coming from Devin, I'm sure the Developers have to reply and will get on here. Fingers crossed.

Any news regarding this?
hypoSTAR
Acrobatic

PSN ID: hansesa89
Steam ID: hypoholic
Region: EU

Postby GalactixJR on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:11 am

No, sadly. They have definitely seen the e-mail by now, but they aren't going to reply.

Best thing we can do moving forward is when Moha posts the video tomorrow, we all support it. The proof in that clip is so easy to digest and so undeniable. Action will have to be pursued from Psyonix at that point. Fingers crossed!
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support