Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Re: Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Postby Hudson on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:29 am

We seem to be a small minority with this problem so why would they bother. Now if there were posts and people whining about this all over yeah then they would probably do something but like it is now I don't think so. They reached 40m players recently across all platforms. The game does really well and they earn fucktons of money why would they care if they lost a bunch of people due to some weird ass bug that noone can explain.
Hudson
Acrobatic

Postby GalactixJR on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:27 pm

That's fucking dumb though.

Halo 5's issue was the same, only the "minority" experienced it (there's a ton of psychological elements to play into this) but after the patch, Developers said it was an issue that affected everyone, but only those affected by small changes would even notice. People just don't notice, my cousin never thought he had the problem, until I sat him down and literally showed him what happens with the "refresh lags" now he notices it just as good as me.

It's all about being open-minded and really trying to notice, even then, some people aren't affected by minor differences. That's fine. But I said it before, I'll say it again. I've played 10 systems (PC's & PS4's) and 5 different ISP's, none of them were different. They all had the issue.

So acting like Psyonix shouldn't focus on it, yet 343 industries did, is just absurd.

(Also let's get it straight it's not a "bug", it's one of many inconsistencies due to Psyonix having a horrible Networking Infrastructure.)
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Hudson on Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:44 pm

Well obviously this I something they should fix but all I'm saying is that the game does well and their priority is to earn money like any other company and this issue doesn't seem to harm them in any way unless more people start complaining about it. If they were to fix this it will be more of an act of goodwill. Although one of their top priorities should always be about improving the game servers as it will benefit everyone in the long run they don't seem to care that much though.
Hudson
Acrobatic

Postby Tentacles on Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:04 am

UncleFuhrer wrote:
Tentacles wrote:^Yes I'm not receiving that actual amount of packet loss on the final server, but the final server is still complete and total ass to play on.

Okay, but that has nothing to do with ping packets not reaching previous hops in the route. 10 minutes of measurement is also very little, so even if there was a problem with packet loss, it wouldn't really prove anything.

Now it's obvious you are the one who has no idea what they are talking about.
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby GalactixJR on Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:18 am

I'm pretty sure Psyonix hasn't replied because they genuinely have no idea what's happening, so therefore, they don't want to even embarrass themselves by trying.

On the Psyonix website, they're trying to hire a Server Administrator and an Online Services Engineer. This means they are hiring specific people that will monitor, upgrade, and completely overhaul/improve the entire Networking Infrastructure of the game. These job listings were posted a couple weeks ago and them recently saying they're "improving Game Server Performance", I have high hopes.

https://www.google.com/search?q=psyonix ... tivrt=jobs
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby cincabeza on Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:17 am

but only those affected by small changes would even notice. People just don't notice, my cousin never thought he had the problem, until I sat him down and literally showed him what happens with the "refresh lags" now he notices it just as good as me.

It's all about being open-minded and really trying to notice, even then, some people aren't affected by minor differences. That's fine. But I said it before, I'll say it again. I've played 10 systems (PC's & PS4's) and 5 different ISP's, none of them were different. They all had the issue.

I am really starting to suspect this is the case. Unless it reaches a particular level of "heaviness" or inconsistency, a person is just not going to consciously take note. This level or threshold will also vary person to person. And as we've said, everyone is affected to varying degrees, but for example pros, most pros, most people I see zipping around the field like a gnat, probably don't get much HCB. When my HCB is 100% gone, my boost ACTUALLY PROPELS my car to the degree it should, and my hits actually push the ball forward and not the other way around.

I've talked to my friends who didn't "believe" in HCB and they are starting to notice these inconsistencies. Honest to god, if I've had 4-5 beers, I still notice HCB, but I don't *think* about it as much. I almost don't even mind it's there! Probably because I am so defeated and succumbed to the reality that I have no control over it.. but also because I am just someone who notices it easily. Note three things we all have in common:

- rigs/connections that produce a good amount of HCB
- perceptual sensitivity and keen moment to moment awareness of our experience
- sufficient hours in RL to know how things should feel

But OK so after some beers, I get into a game with HCB, and it's like 2 minutes in I consciously note that the HCB is there, while the 2 minutes previous I was at some level aware, but my autopilot was so strong I wasn't conscious of it. I'll notice it and go back to autopilot.. Idk, maybe that sounds weird. I can notice it and it's degree when I am sober, drunk, tired, high, jacked up on coffee - HCB does not change based on my mental state. At this point it's as simple as knowing if the sun is in the sky or beyond the horizon. The fact that I don't really pay attention to it when drunk, for me, supports the idea that even though some people have the ability to detect it, they need it to be pointed out for them to consciously register it, or else they're just in autopilot.
cincabeza
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: cincabeza
Steam ID: cincabeza

Postby moha on Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:00 am

I noticed the hcb after maybe 50 hours of gameplay. Not everything about it of course but just the fact that the turning was bad. The better I become the more I notice. I have two friends who play the game and they both have the hcb. One of them has played approximately 250 hours now and another one has played over 1000 hours. The one who has played less started noticing the bug after 200 hours, even though I believe he had it before and he knew that me and my other friend were having the hcb. For some reason it just took more time for him to notice it. The one who has played more started noticing hcb after 700 hours, and after I complained about my problem he started to notice it more and more. It's possible that he didn't have it before that 700 hour mark because I think I noticed him getting worse but it might be just because I got better. At the moment his main account has the hcb but his smurf doesn't. I can easily notice it when I'm playing with him. My both accounts have the hcb though...

I guess my point is that there's probably thousands, if not millions, of people (not high ranked) who have the problem but don't realize it.

Even this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/c ... ould_post/
His dodges look really slow but no one's mentioning anything about it.
moha
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby UncleFuhrer on Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:33 pm

Tentacles wrote:
UncleFuhrer wrote:
Tentacles wrote:^Yes I'm not receiving that actual amount of packet loss on the final server, but the final server is still complete and total ass to play on.

Okay, but that has nothing to do with ping packets not reaching previous hops in the route. 10 minutes of measurement is also very little, so even if there was a problem with packet loss, it wouldn't really prove anything.

Now it's obvious you are the one who has no idea what they are talking about.

Oh really.
UncleFuhrer
Supersonic

Postby GalactixJR on Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:44 pm

Finally we can all get on board with that ideology!

Also if you guys haven't please take a look at my last comment. I think that should get all of us pretty optimistic for the future. >:D
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby moha on Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:43 pm

Just watched Squishy's stream. The game looks at least 1.5x faster than mine. Looks like speedhack compared to my game. :( I have the same cam settings... I guess I'm playing different game... wtf...

https://clips.twitch.tv/TubularPatientA ... RedBlaster
moha
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby skinnymidwest on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:02 pm

I was put into a match with JSTN a few days ago.....if you haven't seen this guy play he is probably the best aerialist in the game at the moment. Guy is NUTS. That said his car was just SOOO fast and so responsive. I thought he was cheating until I typed his name into youtube. I'd be happy to upload the match. He was doing things like landing and then wavedashing/jumping the split second he hit the ground. I went into freeplay afterwards and tried for almost 45 minutes to ever jump instantly upon hitting the groung. The buttons just wouldn't register the jump. I thought maybe this was because jstn is 10000000 times better than I am but I should have gotten lucky at least once....His game is just different than mine. No doubt. Again I'd be happy to upload the match....it's almost proof on it's own.

HCB shouldn't be too difficult to test......We could set up a training mode program that runs a script to control the car consistently every time so the car is being controlled by a bot on a predetermined path that intersects with the ball and then observe how the ball behaves during times of strong HCB vs times where the HCB isn't noticeable. I guarantee the ball would behave differently.

I don't have the ability to create such a script but I know it IS possible and I'm sure psyonix would have no trouble getting something like that set up. If you know anyone else with game programming experience that might want to take a crack at something like this I think it could provide very useful information.

Another thing I've noticed while paying more attention to the ball is that the ball almost seems to vibrate as you're about to hit it. Especially noticeable in the air....Next time you're playing watch closely as you're about to hit the ball in the air and you'll notice it vibrates. What would cause this? I assume that's not normal behavior.

At this point in time I'm just so disappointed in how absent Psyonix has been in all this. Even a simple "we're looking deeper into it" would be nice.
skinnymidwest
Acrobatic

Steam ID: Freight Train
GamerTag: Skinnymidwest

Postby GalactixJR on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:30 pm

No doubt. We bust our fucking asses every single day, but we get ignored. Psyonix is literally a joke. I can't handle this and relying on some arrogant, ignorant, deceiving children we're dealing with.

The mental burden this has isn't healthy.
Last edited by GalactixJR on Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby cincabeza on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:01 am

A funny aside - JSTN once mentioned to Johnnyboi that he wasn't sure about wanting to play in a show match because his car felt heavy that day. You should have really brought it up with him and tried to get him to talk about his experience - and also shared what is going on here. Would have been nice to get another popular player behind the cause... oh well, missed opportunity I suppose.

Galactix -

I feel you man, but you gotta stop with the dramatic threats to quit, leave, etc, it's painful to read. You've posted that sort of stuff 100 times before.. We gotta keep being patient. You gotta learn to live in the unresolved and the unknowing. Persistency and patience are the things we really need here. If you feel frustrated, take a few days off. It doesn't have to be an all or nothing thing, come back when you feel more relaxed. You don't have to let go of RL, but you can let go of the negative feelings.

I'm frustrated too, RL is one of the main things I do in my free time tbh, but I have an alt account that I play when the HCB is bad, I have fun, play some hoops or dropshot, fuck it, who cares, use the merc, what else can I do? I certainly have to learn how to enjoy the game without the competitive component, without trying to rank up. That's hard because ranks and competitive are a large part of what makes this game so engaging, however I've more or less had to accept that, at least for the time being, the only time I can take part in that aspect of the game is when HCB is minimal.

All that aside, even you yourself were just speaking of upcoming improvements in terms of servers. Just leave it at that, and let's wait and see what happens. Angry posts name-calling and threatening to quit aren't helping the environment here.
cincabeza
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: cincabeza
Steam ID: cincabeza

Postby l0wcrow420 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:10 am

Anyone tried the workshopmap "Dribble Challenge #2" - Dude...this dribble challenge is just awesome to see how FUCKING broken this game is. This challenge is 100% improve over time - getting worse over time on some level just doesnt make sense at all. Sometimes Its so disgusting...you need to be precise but this issues man its insane how much it ruins everything :(

Of course our experts especially those on reddit would say right away how much I suck - well after 5 tries I was already below 15 mins. Tried a few more today and got down to 10 mins which is "Scrubkillas" personal best and thats pretty much every level first attempt and every dude should get you need to have some skill doing this and its certainly not beeing lucky on 30 levels...

When I did 15 mins the first time every new playthrough was 15 mins or better which just made sense - well couple minutes ago after beeing like 10 mins on desktop and tabbing back it was just awful hcb ( much worse than before ) but I tried anyways a complete playthrough - well after failing even the easiest things I havent even fucked up doing the challenge the first time I didnt even finished...totally placebo...also the pain in almost every finger after doing a complete playthrough probably just some phantompain again...

Heres what I dont get...I asked around and well even grandchamps quitted on the challenge or seriously needed hours to complete and didnt really improve at all. Seriously every level is so easy if the car is in control of ME and I just dont get it... are people really that bad???
Funny is also - exactly THOSE people telling me I suck at the game...well every Grandchamp who isnt able to do this in like 20mins after a couple tries is just a joke in my opinion. Its more like I cant believe my time - at least some of them having hcb aswell, they have to - maybee not that bad and well as I just said probably never expierenced a stable game so they simply dont know...
Couple days ago I saw a streamers friend doing some viewermatches few I actually knew all of the 6 players on the server and since I was bored I kinda thought how many hours they all have because I know some of them have a lot but no offense the gameplay, their mechanics...it was just sad to watch...well long story short...they had about 15k hours and it looked like a d2 lobby...Is this what rl become or is it just ME again who thinks overall skill in rl is dunno lets say questionable :P

Well whatever, if someone is interested heres the link for the workshop, really interested if you expierence the same - I know how bad it already is in a game but seeing how easy some dribbles can be but I am almost never able to do them consistenly because of the game kinda convinced me taking a break from playing matches all together...its just pointless isnt it - just frustrating...

Enough talking - here are the link for the workshop if interested and also my time - scarab :P http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =964271505

https://i.imgur.com/bmbCTVh.jpg

edit: I will be honest I also posted this to get at least a bit payback posting a pretty decent time - 99,9% of those monkeys who trashtalked me since I am having this issue wouldnt even get close to this - I hope you give me that moment guys - feels kinda good :P would like to know what time I could get with a working game...
Still very interesting to try out the challenge and everyone who is honest with analyzing will be shocked...

edit2: I mean, there is nothing else we can do - I still cant believe this thread literally contains everything to solve this shit and thats for months but NOT a single psyonix guy was able to give this the attention it deserves - unbelievable...
l0wcrow420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: l0wcrow

Postby moha on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:22 am

I'm currently champ II in all ranks except 1vs1 (because it's impossible to play against ballchasers whose game is working), and I'm constantly wondering why everyone is so bad. Most of the champs I've played against/with are just terrible at this game. I've played against grandchamps, Ferra, VioletPanda, JHZER and some esl monthly elites/champions and they didn't even feel that special. I believe I could be just as good as them without the bug.
moha
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby l0wcrow420 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:57 am

mhhh - that statement I just cant do anymore because I dont get the chance to compete with them anymore and I am talking about tournaments not ranked. Only thing I can sadly rate is gc which reduces people already to 0,1% - also the dribbling thing...I can certainly say I am at least even with every monkey on reddit and our forumexperts who say I just cant play. Same as you just watching them there is nothing mechanical where I need to say wooow and thats for a long time already. I am looking for people like violentpanda or kaydop for example who just rotate so well or pulling of great saves and always get in the perfect position - stuff 99% dont even notice... They only see something like this ceiling shot from squishy and well of course confirmed best player in the world - I mean wtf. Sure its a nice shot but honestly every other player in that match had the ability and the skill to score that goal aswell its just squishy practiced it a lot more and in the end he has probably a higher success rate scoring ceiling shots but how many times such a goal decides a game and there are other skills which are certainly much more important.

Its just the gap between pro and lets say better gc is ridilious...but whatever moha...nothing we have to care about actually, right ;)

Atm I am just sitting here and honestly dont understand why there was still no news this year - I mean come one its new year you have to do something in january right and if its just another stupid crate but just seems very quiet again :P Not if its any important to me but isnt it also time for new season - looks like they do their mistakes over and over again. I dont get why they dont discuss this with people and post like a couple ideas they got for better ranked system - probably just throwing something new out like always and see how it goes...well rip ranked since s1 honestly okay lets be fair s2 war also fine. I honestly dont think they give a dam shit regardless what its about - they got their plans and ideas and thats it! I have read so many good suggestions the past year and saw nothing new which actually improved the game...

If there isnt a news coming till 15th I dont think anything will happen in january :(
l0wcrow420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Tentacles on Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:31 am

First season I won't get champ due to servers. Sighonix even made it easier to get in to champ too :\
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby GalactixJR on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:33 pm

I have hopes and aspirations to be able to play the game Competitively again. This thing isn't a "game" to me. Sure I need to calm down, I'll wait a little longer, but for now I'm probably going to put my time elsewhere. That's all I was saying.

EDIT: Exactly, Crow. That's why I get so frustrated and get to the point of wanting to quit. No replies, no support for the core fundamentals of the game, it's all just DLC and a bunch of bullshit.
Last edited by GalactixJR on Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby moha on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:34 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwulUQlp_j8&t=3m01s Heavy car makes an appearance but then goes away...
moha
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby l0wcrow420 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:01 pm

Guys I am proud of this so I am posting this - get fucked monkeys! Dont give a fuck about those people if you are sure your game is broken. When I did the run I even called my buddy in discord after doing the first levels it feels good and this will be a good run ;) I would say I did like 10-15 attempts

Scarab OP :cheesygrin:

Pulling 8 minutes but the last time I was able to play ranked or competetive seriously was season 2 - THANKS PSYONIX...
l0wcrow420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support