Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Re: Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Postby colekart3 on Tue May 22, 2018 10:08 am

While those symptoms are accurate, Im not sure that the cause of them is a bug in the mass and gravity. I think this is something directly related to inputs not being registered and inputs being throttled. Selecting a different region does have the same effect for me, but given enough time the bug does come back to me on that region.
colekart3
Acrobatic

Steam ID: colekart3
GamerTag: colenovi

Postby HeavyCar on Tue May 22, 2018 10:22 am

yeah, i know, its not so easy to fix that issue, but they dont give us the feeling , that they really tried it.
No Mods here, just questions.
They could contact some users to investigate the issue.
And why work some of the " fixes" for 1-2 weeks until the hcb return ?

Well, i think, many more Players have this bug, especially in lower ranks. I thought for a longer time, its the normal game speed, until one day the Game felt super fast.
Its like ur playing a shooter with 30 fps, u have no chance.
HeavyCar
Acrobatic

Postby skinnymidwest on Tue May 22, 2018 11:42 am

I would be happy to help Psyonix in any manner with any level of information they'd like....hell I'd give them access to my computer remotely...I'd sign any sort of non-disclosure, liability form they sent me way.....if only they were engaging in this process. I have very little confidence they're doing anything about this. It's been YEARS....Hell it's been years since we've had a dev comment here. We have a discord community almost 100 strong. They could dole out questionnaires I'm sure everyone in that discord channel would be more than happy to answer. We are the forgotten community of people that can't compete in the most competitive game I've ever played on the same playing field.
skinnymidwest
Acrobatic

Steam ID: Freight Train
GamerTag: Skinnymidwest

Postby Everlastingbulletlag on Wed May 23, 2018 8:25 pm

Its precise the same thing with Valve, nvidia, microsoft and Steam they are all pasive and therefore I dont buy any new things from them until this is solved and then they learn it the hard way. If the solve shows any of them being responsable for this I will not buy any product from them anymore for the rest of my life. Thats the only way I can show them how to tread customers.
Everlastingbulletlag
Acrobatic

Postby Whizzledizz on Thu May 24, 2018 1:53 am

I'd really like to test out the upload throttling.
Had used Netlimiter before but I doubt it has the same effect as throttling the speed right at your modem/router.

Unfortunately, I am on a cable contract (Unitymedia) and therefore need a cable modem / router which then in turn has to be approved by my ISP. Currently I am using a FritzBox 6590 Cable but this one does not have QoS settings for uploads as far as I am aware.

Can anyone recommend a cable modem/router that has QoS settings for uploads to test this?

Thanks,

Whizzle
Whizzledizz
Supersonic

Steam ID: Whizzledizz
Region: EU

Postby Tentacles on Thu May 24, 2018 5:41 am

Upload speed didn't work for me, if the servers are shit it is no use.
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby colekart3 on Thu May 24, 2018 11:22 am

Newer Linksys models don't have that capability. I'm pretty sure Netgear ones do
colekart3
Acrobatic

Steam ID: colekart3
GamerTag: colenovi

Postby HeavyCarVictim4 on Fri May 25, 2018 12:23 am

i just saw that on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/c ... and_champ/

look at the discussion in the first comment. like 15 people are talking about the heavy car issue without realizing it. making themselfs some dumb excuses like "people are drunk at night". not recognizing this is an actuall problem with the game, like we already know for freaking 2 years.

"I peaked at Champ 2, but I can only get there when I play by myself, and for some reason at like 3am. Any other time and I suck"
"I found this out to. What's up with play at 2 or 3 am makes every worse or me better?"
"If you are sober at that time, that would be your main advantage"
"Maybe it's the Ballmer peak with tiredness instead of inebriation."
" and 4am and nearly everyone I played in my rank was insanely good. At night I would see people going for crazy play"
"That's what I thought recently. Not as late as 4am, but later in the evening anyway. Granted I'd be semi-stoned at the time, but dudes be hitting shit they never hit in the 4-8pm afternoon games. "
"My first time getting GC I had pulled an all-nighter and tried queueing at 5am, the night before the season ended, and it was a breeze. Some of us are just late nighters!"
"It's because all of the good players are asleep."
"Same. I think people are just drunk or something later at night. It's the only time i make any real progress on my rank."
"The time of day thing is weird. If I play at peak time everyone is good but middle of the day/night and everyone sucks"
HeavyCarVictim4
Acrobatic

Postby HeavyCar on Fri May 25, 2018 3:03 am

yap, how i said it before, most people dont realize it, think its the normal Gameplay.
When iam tired and playing RL, i am fucking bad. And yes, u have "less" ( still unplayable ) HCB when ure playing at night or morning.
HeavyCar
Acrobatic

Postby cincabeza on Fri May 25, 2018 3:57 pm

Haha yep, ppl been confused about this from the beginning.

As I've said before, don't underestimate players' inability to detect changes in responsiveness, in other words, I think a great deal of people if not everyone experiences some level of HCB and don't even know it.
cincabeza
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: cincabeza
Steam ID: cincabeza

Postby aceworm on Fri May 25, 2018 6:57 pm

It's quite demoralising really, you start to just think you're shit at gaming and gain nothing from practising over and over, before your eyes are opened to the bug
aceworm
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby jerraa1 on Tue May 29, 2018 2:42 am

The upload speed thing didn't work for me either.
jerraa1
Acrobatic

Steam ID: Jerra LFT
Region: Europe

Postby Tentacles on Tue May 29, 2018 4:25 am

Just a couple more hours till I find out if I quit or not. Will Psyonix make any attempt what so ever to optimize the game/servers? I doubt it.
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Steam ID: Tentacles

Postby HeavyCar on Tue May 29, 2018 4:33 am

good luck :D
HeavyCar
Acrobatic

Postby ShakerRL on Tue May 29, 2018 7:04 am

Finally got GC for the first time DESPITE this mind numbing bug being with me seemingly the entire time. 2.5 Steering and aerial sensitivity FTW :dork:

That I'm using that sensitivity and am able to control my car AT ALL is proof of this bug, lol...

Good luck to all in Season 8.
ShakerRL
Supersonic

PSN ID: Crisp1one
Steam ID: samulator

Postby HeavyCar on Tue May 29, 2018 10:52 am

same shit as always for me :D
HeavyCar
Acrobatic

Postby Redstar on Tue May 29, 2018 6:24 pm

Someone on the reddit Salty Shore update issues megathread mentioned his car felt "insanely slow" (his nickname is Lootman)
Here's the interesting part, his replays also look slower than normal speed, so he actually started a clock timer against RL's replay timer.
--> RL's replay timer slowly drifts behind, up to 45 seconds late compared to his own clock.
This is VERY interesting and could be a good lead for Psyonix devs.

Link to the youtube video: https://youtu.be/bJWcy2NrUxc?t=33s

Link to the reddit user's post in question: https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/c ... d/dzsgnyo/

Link to reddit's Salty shore update megathread: https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/c ... egathread/

Give this man some visibility!

I'm currently affected by the Heavy car bug, so I'll go ahead and time my replays and see if I notice a desync aswell.
Please do the same thing and report back here so we have more evidence to back this up to Psyonix.

We'll get this fixed at some point.
Redstar
Supersonic

Postby Redstar on Tue May 29, 2018 7:40 pm

Just tested on multiple replays, some recent and some older ones when I know the game was super responsive.
All replay timers slowly drift apart, up to 30s for a 6mn game.

Also, I've checked one replay that I know particularly well (sick ceiling air dribble double touch), and I can say without the slightest doubt that the game speed looks slower than it used to when I was not affected by the HCB.

Now, what would be interesting is to have someone that's not affected by the HCB to test the timer experiment on his own replays and report back.
Redstar
Supersonic

Postby magpy on Wed May 30, 2018 11:28 am

Just tested that. Results are immediately interesting. First I timed the worst replay I have regarding HCB. Measured 26 seconds of drift (5:45 ingame, 6:11 wall time). Then I timed a recent (rare) game where I experience absolutely no HCB at all. Measured zero drift. Timers were perfectly matched the entire way through. Tried measuring both a couple more times and got the same results. I'll do some more testing and record it.
magpy
Supersonic

Region: EU

Postby HeavyCarVictim4 on Wed May 30, 2018 1:26 pm

Redstar that sounds interesting. im gonna test this soon and report
HeavyCarVictim4
Acrobatic

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support