Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Re: Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Postby DerBaron on Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:23 am

Caffe wrote:Guys, DerBaron's fix is legit. I just downloaded the game and played, then played rocket league and I feel 3 times faster.
I noticed in wreckfest, the game recognised the xbox one controller I'm using as an xbox 360, maybe this has something to do with it.

Great to hear that it works for you aswell!

I got an invite to the HCB discord, thanks to the user!

Additionally to the "fix":

only starting Wreckfest and quitting doesn't work for me. I need to get ingame. My routine is playing a 2 minute deathmatch in Wreckfest, quit and start Rocket League.

best regards
DerBaron
Supersonic

Steam ID: Der_Baron
Region: EU

Postby h31n4 on Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:52 am

Direct 3D Overider + activated Vsync (allways) in Nvidea Control + Fps lock on 144 Fps and Vsync off in rocket League

worked for me, and the interesting issue is than the main manue react also faster. But i cant change the control settings in game any more. It just dont react. Does anyone has also this bug?
h31n4
Supersonic

Postby s1dekick223 on Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:33 am

Hm, the Wreckfest fix isn't working for me BUT i use a ds4 and wreckfest is not recognizing it so probably it's a fix for xbox + keyboard.

@h31n4 what you mean with 3d overider ?

s1de :)
s1dekick223
Supersonic

Steam ID: s1de
Region: EUR

Postby HeavyCar on Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:00 am

playing with ps4 pad, it worked for me. Dont use ps4 assistant
HeavyCar
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby DerBaron on Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:12 pm

s1dekick223 wrote:Hm, the Wreckfest fix isn't working for me BUT i use a ds4 and wreckfest is not recognizing it so probably it's a fix for xbox + keyboard.

Wreckfest doesn't recognize controllers without Xbox/Playstation Controller Support activated in Steam. So in your case activate 'PlayStation Configuration Support' in Steam and it should work in Wreckfest

best regards
DerBaron
Supersonic

Steam ID: Der_Baron
Region: EU

Postby h31n4 on Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:20 am

s1dekick223 wrote:Hm, the Wreckfest fix isn't working for me BUT i use a ds4 and wreckfest is not recognizing it so probably it's a fix for xbox + keyboard.

https://displaylag.com/reduce-input-lag ... ive-guide/

i don`t tested without 3d overrider, maybe its the same. But the last week, played everyday with my last setting and it worked nearly perfect.

Meanwhile when something works, i let it stay. Couse i fight now over 2 years with hcb. The game make so much more fun, if the controls work how it should be :)

my fix: direct 3 d overrider + nvidea controlls vsync on (allways), vsync off in rl + fps lock on 144 fps

cant test it the last days couse my pc ist broken (power adapter broken). but in the end of the week i hope to fix this and go competitiv in rl again ^^

i think the hole hcb shitfuck is all the problem of the controller delay. And this delay is coused by some software. But which software or windows gimmik it is... this is the 1mio $ question ... :-/
h31n4
Supersonic

Postby HeavyCar on Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:46 am

yesterday my game/inputs were so fast.....didnt change anything. I guess it was my first time completely without hcb
HeavyCar
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby ZeedeN on Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:00 pm

I don't play RL but I have same symptoms on CSGO. Heavy mouse feeling, input lag, delay, stuttering etc. It seems that there are a major problem on Steam (Valve) that adds input lag on competetive games. I've tried to figure out the solution by reading last pages but I didnt catch that. Can you explain?
ZeedeN
Supersonic

Region: Suomi

Postby ZeedeN on Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:44 am

I would like to say that I have same issues on csgo. The funny part is that the bug fixes itself randomly (not often but more likely rarely). Desync, hitbox problems, and I cannot keep up my skill level because of getting shot before I can even react. I heard also you have discord channel for this thread so I would like to join there also.
ZeedeN
Supersonic

Region: Suomi

Postby HeavyCar on Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:26 am

only the " elite" is allowed to join them, sorry.
but yes, ive read that too, especially in the nvidia forums. RL is unplayable for me, everytime different inputs / game speed.
HeavyCar
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Everlastingbulletlag on Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:03 pm

I also have the same problem in csgo and all other games and programs. You need to understand that this bug is not RL only. Its a major problem with the hole developing industri.

I have also tryed even though its very rare that the pc suddenly is super smooth with no bug at all without toughing anything. But then the bug come back and you cant play again. Now its very long time I have seen it super state. But it tells you how much the bug destroy you pc. Now I cant play anymore so my gaming pc is collecting dust. I think devs. are sleeping alot. Not helping with this. But still I see more and more players who complains about this bug I hope it will open their eyes. Actually I know it will and then some idiot dev. will be burned;-D

Do you know if there was a server maintance when your game bug suddenly dissapire?
Everlastingbulletlag
Acrobatic

Postby h31n4 on Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:53 am

my actual pc is broken, so until its get repaired, i had installed rl on my old msi notebook with gtx 960.
The standard settings are in nvidea vsync off (or controlled by programms). First i played, the delay was just terribe overturning and so on...
so i activated vsync in nvidea (allways on) and deactivated vcync in rl, it was muuuuuutch better. Not perfect but playable. Better then i tried all fixes before again.
good luck, and best reagrds!
h31n4
Supersonic

Postby HeavyCar on Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:56 am

makes no sense, that v - sync should feel " better". ill give a try and uninstall rl after that :D
HeavyCar
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby aceworm on Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:40 pm

Sigh, The only way I can seem to get it to go away at all nowadays on PS4 is to go into the menu while the game is on and change connection from Wired to Wifi.

I got one game today where it totally snapped out of heavy mode, and yes it also improved free play as well which is the strangest thing. It was total bliss to play, my brain came alive and it was heavenly to play, felt like a god for that one game. I was over 1200 point above all the other players at the end. Reacting and getting shots I never would. Yet easy come, easy go, spotted the Defrag sign in the corner for a sec and as fast as it had came it went back to input lag.

It makes you so happy when you get a glimpse of how the game is meant to be played, sick joke when it goes.

And i don't want to hear any of that fatigue bullshit, or that matchmaking got on your good side that people say, as subsequently went on to lose against the same players i'd previously been in a different league too, the next 4 games, your skill and tiredness doesn't change that fast with the same players
aceworm
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Ahddo on Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:33 pm

I've done a lot of testing and researching on my own and I have a few questions for other concerning this topic. I was wondering if anyone had a link to the HCB discord so I could discuss potential solutions?
Ahddo
Supersonic

Steam ID: Ahddo
Region: USE

Postby HeavyCar on Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:58 am

every time i do some rl games every few months i feel like the servers are getting worse and worse
HeavyCar
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Ahddo on Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:32 pm

Beginning December 27th, I started to experience inconsistencies with car movement, being noticeably different when air rolling, turning etc. If it adds any credibility I am a c3 player with 2500+ hours on the game. I have changed my power supply, I have replaced my hard drive, I have tried a new gpu. The only parts on my pc that I haven't replaced since this issue surfaced is my motherboard and cpu, which I'm hesitant to replace if it doesn't fix the issue.
So, list of things I've tried:
- Reinstalling Windows
- Updating Drivers
- Different Controllers (360, PS4, XBONE)
- Using third party software such as DS4 windows
- Using a different steam account
- Try playing the game on specific cpu cores
- Try playing on Linux
- Tried playing offline (pc not connected to the internet at all)
- Optimizing settings in Nvidia Control Panel
- Updating BIOS
- Playing my PC at a different location
- Using different peripherals
- Taking apart my CPU and motherboard and putting it back together, cleaning and replacing thermal paste

I've most likely missed some things, but, to put it bluntly, I've tried a lot of things and spent a lot of time. Doing my own research, I've found that this is most likely not a problem isolated to Rocket League as there have been independently evolving threads from communities other than rocket league that have had the same sort of issues arise with the same temporary fixes

(https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/c ... locations/ vs. https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/c ... locations/

and https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... ng-me/252/ vs.
https://psyonix.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... &start=220

I have tested input lag by using a 240 fps camera and counting the frames between my controller button being pressed and the corresponding action on screen but there doesn't seem to be any direct correlation between how "slow" the game is feeling and any variance in input lag.

Not really sure what I'm hoping to get out of this but any direction or possible help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Ahddo
Supersonic

Steam ID: Ahddo
Region: USE

Postby Tentacles on Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:39 pm

They are, I've started playing less and less. The new servers Psyonix added are even worse. It's almost like they went to an even cheaper virtual server provider.
Tentacles
Legendarily Voluble
Legendarily Voluble

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby HeavyCar on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:29 am

Sorry to hear that @ Ahdoo
Unfortunately, there is no solution. I stick with it, for me it's the servers. And as long as Psyonix only offers such a crap, nothing will change. I feel like I drive ingame every day another car, weird flicks, double jumps are not registered by the server etc. I could continue the list for a long time. "Strangely," players only talk about chatting with them privately or here in the forum. On streams and co. is done as if rl would run great, but you can see very often even there how the ball goes through the car, spikes, etc.
HeavyCar
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby jerraa1 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:40 am

fuck these devs man. all they doing is making new shitty crates instead of showing us they are trying to fix this. I know its a big problem but atleast try some new servers or something for us to test out. look how big this thread has become...
jerraa1
Acrobatic

Steam ID: Jerra LFT
Region: Europe

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support