Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Re: Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Postby tnypxl on Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:58 pm

i5 6600K / GTX 1070
tnypxl
Acrobatic

Steam ID: tnypxl
GamerTag: tnypxl
Region: US

Postby Toakens on Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:39 pm

HeavyCarVictim4 wrote:question for you guys - does anybody here has an Core I7 cpu? and if so what model?
im doing some checks.

i7 7700k

with also a 144hz monitor
razer keyboard and logitech mouse
Toakens
Supersonic

Steam ID: Stingy
Region: Nederland

Postby colekart3 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:19 pm

I7770k
colekart3
Acrobatic

Steam ID: colekart3
GamerTag: colenovi

Postby Viking on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:47 pm

I6700k
GTX 1060 6GB
G-Skill 16GB DDR4
Asus VIII Ranger Mainboard
Benq 240Hz
Viking
Acrobatic

Steam ID: Viking
Region: EU

Postby UncleFuhrer on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:29 pm

GalactixJR wrote:I'll try and post the Macro somewhere, what site do I post it to where people can download it?

This FPS argument is just bullshit. I can record some 360 turns where I just hold the buttons the whole time, it's going to be just as inconsistent. Halo 5 was proven this way with lower FPS, how is this not proof?

It's the dumbest thing. You have to get every little thing just right for these morons. I'm not doing it I'm sorry. This is enough proof.

I think you're underestimating what you've accomplished here. What your main detractor in that Reddit-thread said was basically "Yes, what you've shown is true, but for different reasons than you think". He did not deny the inconsistencies, or the level of inconsistency: "The inconsistencies you found do really happen, even though Razer macros are not the best for testing that, which I found out a long time ago". He tries to muddle the issue with some technical talk and a possible inaccuracy in the Razer macros.

The discrepancies you've shown are easily the difference between SquishyMuffinz and a regular grand champ. What he seems to be saying is that the game is random shite because it was built that way, and that there is nothing you can do about it.

You're probably not going to get a reply from Psyonix on this, because they know that what he said was true. Rocket League was never made to be an accurate competitive game, it was made to sell crates to noobs.
UncleFuhrer
Supersonic

Postby GalactixJR on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:19 am

Well, the game used to play perfectly so I know it's possible for them to fix it. I also appreciate the kind words! The thread was a success. But sadly, I don't think they're going to reply.

At the end of the day, even if they don't reply, I'll be extremely upset but this will be a lesson of persistence that I'll never forget for my entire life! We started from nothing, built an entire community of people around this issue, persisted no matter what people said, finally got proof and now the Developers don't want to reply!?

WE WON. :)
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Everlastingbulletlag on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:12 am

Well Im not suprised to here. I wounder how people who have their pc knowledge can see its not a inconstense in racer macro cos I dont even have any racer things in my pc and I got the same bug in all games. There are tons of treads about the bug and even then they say sh.. like that. I hope they get the bug themselfs then maby they will see what this is about and come up with an big excuse.
Everlastingbulletlag
Acrobatic

Postby Tentacles on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:43 pm

Hey Galactix what was your 100% sure fire way to trigger HCB? I am going to have another go at reddit tagging devs with your video if you don't mind.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby GalactixJR on Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:17 pm

Well, I think Networking is a way to put the game into different States. I'm not sure if it triggers it or not.

When I recorded the Macros, I just jumped straight into a match. I didn't try and do the "refresh lag" thing again. I think something in the code is messed up regarding inputs. Like I said, I think Networking can put the game into different states, meaning in one state it might feel pretty good, but another state might be bad. That's why it's different Server to Server.

So far; JWismont, Freakii, Killerno7, and more have all Retweeted my video! So I think right now, let's just leave it as is. We can't force a reply. Let's leave our results on the ascent! If Psyonix won't reply to us, pro players, the community, it really shows there's something exposed that they don't know how to respond to, right? :)
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby HeavyCarVictim4 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:03 pm

So i watched Cone's lecture again. Tried to understands things more thoroghly.

This is what Corey from Psyonix said about a year and a half ago - in his conversation with GalactixJR:
"Rocket league local player input isn't server dependent. Your controller input is immediatly processed and applied to your car locally and sent to the server for replication. There's no "bad server" that will cause you to experience car handling inconsistencies. If a systemic problem were discovered in one of our server hosts, it would result in the ball acting strange, and other players seeming unpredictable, but not your own car's behavior."

And then, this is what Cone says in his lecture,in a part where he's talking about client prediction. starting from 38:45:

Now that the server has run physics, he's able to pack the current physics state into a packet,and send that information, plus the frame number, back down to the client.......... finaly, it make's it to the client, and the client is able to compare the server's state, to what he have recorded in history...... so, first thing we do for a correction is - we update that point in history to the new data that we just got from the server. then, we're gonna take where all our physics actors are now - so our car, all cars, and the ball - and we're gonna move them back in time to that point in history. then, we are gonna re-run phyisics frames, a hole bunch of times to catch back up to the frame we had just left from. now, the car is back were it was before.........

Dont you see a contradiction here?

Corey said that the inputs are not server dependent, abd there's no reason a bad server would cause a different car behavior.
But then, Cone says, or at least what i understand from what he says, that server correction can effect your own car - your client recieve's the phyiscs state from the server. it then update's that point in history to match to what happend on the server, and then it takes your car back in time to the position it was on that point - and re-runs the phyisics frames - to catch back up to the current time.

dont even know if anyone will read all of that. just spilling out my thoughts. maybe it'll be usefull sometime
Last edited by HeavyCarVictim4 on Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
HeavyCarVictim4
Acrobatic

Postby Tentacles on Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:29 pm

All I know is I am going to have to quit Rocket League here if this doesn't get better. I am so tired of missing bronze shots most tilting thing of all time.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby GalactixJR on Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:57 pm

Same with me. That was my last attempt effort.
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby tnypxl on Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:41 pm

@HeavyCarVictim4,

I have a hunch the game loses state or never reaches a certain state in time. So if I tell the server to do a full turn to the left and for whatever reason, packets get dropped just before the stick is full-tilt to the left, its entirely possible for the server to get the wrong state... and then in turn send the wrong state back to the client. Which possibly cause race condition between the client and the server if you don't account for it in your netcode.
tnypxl
Acrobatic

Steam ID: tnypxl
GamerTag: tnypxl
Region: US

Postby HeavyCarVictim4 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:34 pm

Tentacles and GalactixJR - I totally understand you guys. you guys have been around for a lot more time then me. after that much time, very likely that i would have given up to.

but im new here. i still have my motivation. so im gonna keep trying.

untill i get tired of this as well.
HeavyCarVictim4
Acrobatic

Postby Tentacles on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:36 pm

I'm going to attempt to play the game how it was meant to be played 720 p at 60hz. See if this gives me better results.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby Draknorak on Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:03 am

Hello,

This potential fix is for people with Nvidia cards. It's not a fix for heavy "feeling" but it could potentially make your game more enjoyable. It's for people who:

- Feels like the games runs at 20FPS even if you are at 250FPS
- Feels like the game is stuttering, or have screen tearing, hard to describe, it's not smooth.
- Can't dribble correctly, it's like the ball just won't stick on your car.
- Feels like what you see is not what is really happening, like a 0.5 second delay on your screen (fast kick off throw your car in a bad landing, can't do precise shots)
- Some may have this feeling in many other games, especially Unreal Engine games, or when streaming with dual monitors.

WARNING: I've read this so beware and investigate on that if you want: "This function is used to minimize the power consumption by minimizing the wastage of GPU cycles. However in certain circumstances, the driver may behave abruptly and "lock" to a certain performance state. This causes a severe dip in performance and causes lag. Although it is unlikely due to hardware fail-safes, forcing a performance state when the gpu throttles due to high temperature has the potential to kill the card as it prevents all the driver-dependant throttling. You have maximum performance all the time at the cost of increased power consumption."

Try this and please report back here if it did some magic:
Download Nvidia Profile Inspector: https://github.com/Orbmu2k/nvidiaProfil ... r/releases (it needs to be this version, to have the option we want to change)
Open Nvidia Profile Inspector and look in the Common section. You will see the row named CUDA - Force P2 State. By default is should be on On, put it on Off.
Two rows under that one you can see Multi-display/mixedGPU acceleration: experiment with that if you want, I'm not sure. I've put it on Multi display performance mode at the moment.

If you feel the change. Rocket League will feel smooth again. Your car will be where you see it and the ball too, so easy dribble, air dribble, superman shots, aerial with good touch. Unfortunately, the heavyness is still there but at least now what you do is what you see and the screen is smooth.

I won't comment anything else on this forum since I'm not very appreciated around the devs but I hope it can help at least someone. Have fun and don't forget to report back here if it changed your game.
Draknorak
Supersonic

Postby Compact on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:08 am

Draknorak wrote:Hello,

This potential fix is for people with Nvidia cards. It's not a fix for heavy "feeling" but it could potentially make your game more enjoyable. It's for people who:

- Feels like the games runs at 20FPS even if you are at 250FPS
- Feels like the game is stuttering, or have screen tearing, hard to describe, it's not smooth.
- Can't dribble correctly, it's like the ball just won't stick on your car.
- Feels like what you see is not what is really happening, like a 0.5 second delay on your screen (fast kick off throw your car in a bad landing, can't do precise shots)
- Some may have this feeling in many other games, especially Unreal Engine games, or when streaming with dual monitors.

WARNING: I've read this so beware and investigate on that if you want: "This function is used to minimize the power consumption by minimizing the wastage of GPU cycles. However in certain circumstances, the driver may behave abruptly and "lock" to a certain performance state. This causes a severe dip in performance and causes lag. Although it is unlikely due to hardware fail-safes, forcing a performance state when the gpu throttles due to high temperature has the potential to kill the card as it prevents all the driver-dependant throttling. You have maximum performance all the time at the cost of increased power consumption."

Try this and please report back here if it did some magic:
Download Nvidia Profile Inspector: https://github.com/Orbmu2k/nvidiaProfil ... r/releases (it needs to be this version, to have the option we want to change)
Open Nvidia Profile Inspector and look in the Common section. You will see the row named CUDA - Force P2 State. By default is should be on On, put it on Off.
Two rows under that one you can see Multi-display/mixedGPU acceleration: experiment with that if you want, I'm not sure. I've put it on Multi display performance mode at the moment.

If you feel the change. Rocket League will feel smooth again. Your car will be where you see it and the ball too, so easy dribble, air dribble, superman shots, aerial with good touch. Unfortunately, the heavyness is still there but at least now what you do is what you see and the screen is smooth.

I won't comment anything else on this forum since I'm not very appreciated around the devs but I hope it can help at least someone. Have fun and don't forget to report back here if it changed your game.

I don't think this does anything. Your card enters p0 state when gaming. This cuda tweak is mostly for mining cryptocurrency..
Compact
Acrobatic

Postby GalactixJR on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:22 am

Hey guys, it's been fun. But the Psyonix Developers are dead silent, it might be time to just stop trying. Fuck this game.
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Tentacles on Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:17 pm

Galactix when you run that macro in freeplay before HCB did the car land in the same spot every time?
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby HeavyCarVictim4 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:23 pm

Now HCB is completly back for me. in the same schelude that was before the update. Day time is unplayble, evening is barley playable, and very late at night is the best.
HeavyCarVictim4
Acrobatic

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support