Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Re: Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Postby hypoSTAR on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:56 am

GalactixJR wrote:No, sadly. They have definitely seen the e-mail by now, but they aren't going to reply.

Best thing we can do moving forward is when Moha posts the video tomorrow, we all support it. The proof in that clip is so easy to digest and so undeniable. Action will have to be pursued from Psyonix at that point. Fingers crossed!

Damnit. It's so weird that they won't acknowledge this problem.. Every time i talk to them, they ask me to do the same things on my computer. I think they are aware of the issue, but thy refuse to admit it.. Getting sick to my stomach. If they only could try to upgrade their servers, then we would know a lot more!

I'll cross my fingers that the new video wil do the trick, but don't get surpriced if they ignore that aswell..
hypoSTAR
Acrobatic

PSN ID: hansesa89
Steam ID: hypoholic
Region: EU

Postby moha on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:31 am

moha
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Tentacles on Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:07 am

moha wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/7pwkb0/heavy_car_bug_proof_for_nonbelievers/

You should post this at a more popular reddit time. Morning redditers are all children and Europeans. All though not like it matters kids will still deny proof.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby moha on Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:24 am

Well it depends where you live :D It was 4 pm here.
moha
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby moha on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:23 am

moha
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby l0wcrow420 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:59 am

moha wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEm8lTBM_DA

thats what I was talking about - for reddit you need to cover this ;) thanks for doing the vid - a lot of people appreciate it, trust me!
l0wcrow420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: l0wcrow

Postby moha on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:21 am

No problem. I added it in the Reddit post but seems like it's not "exploding". Hmm.. maybe FreaKii can tweet my post so it might get on the front page? Don't know if it's allowed though... Oh well, at least there's proof if someone asks for it.
moha
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby moha on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:51 am

That weird delay in the physics is probably the reason why the bad turning is hard to proof. Turning radius is eventually probably the same but it's just delayed, so it gets from min to max slower.
moha
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby GalactixJR on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:55 pm

Great post Moha.

I tweeted at Freakii, I'm sure he'll retweet it. I'll tweet at Kuxir as well.

I love how TinyTimothy and HoraryHellfire are all silent in that thread. Proved their asses wrong, that's why you don't circlejerk, folks. Now time for me to make a new Reddit account so I can upvote and chat with people on that thread! :)
Last edited by GalactixJR on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby GalactixJR on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:30 pm

Freakii retweeted it! :)
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby GalactixJR on Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:18 pm

---------
Last edited by GalactixJR on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby GalactixJR on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:22 pm

LOL.

Dirkened replied to the thread twice spewing absolute BS about how that clip is false.

Everyone, we need you to show up. We need to push back hard! This is the time we finally make a stand and all start commenting and supporting eachother on that thread.
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby l0wcrow420 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:36 pm

dude I saw it...what bs - next explanation will be another vsync story man... Would be hillarious if his comment would get deleted...

I would love to have a chat with that guy...I mean we doing fucking everything to proof to get this shit solved in a game which doesnt allow us any detailed debugging so simply the only thing which is left is the goddam replay because WE KNOW THEY GAVE SHIT ABOUT WHAT WE TRYING TO EXPLAIN and he is now even trying to eliminate that...ITS SAD that what it is...just SAD...

I mean what about they give us some method which gives the answer of what the game receives as input....no way...or what about just DOING anything

Honestly I really hope dirkened doesnt know any details because if he is posting this doesnt sound very promising...or its just a try to cool down the thread I mean there will be certainly people who agree regardless what he writes
l0wcrow420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: l0wcrow

Postby moha on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:53 pm

Dirkened actually getting downvotes. Good. But it really starts to feel like this will never get fixed. By the way, we have always tried to make the game feel better. Does anyone know how to make it worse intentionally? Maybe we can find a way to reproduce this because the devs seem lazy and uninterested.
moha
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby moha on Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:47 pm

It's 5 am and I went to play. The game felt better, I checked the replay and there's no that delay in the kickoff jump. Had to check because of Dirkened's shiet.
moha
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Tentacles on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:54 pm

What dirkend did in that thread shows the attitude of Psyonix towards its game. Psyonix has no intention of getting new servers or fixing heavy car bug. If you have any of these problems fuck you. Thanks Psyonix.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby GalactixJR on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:19 pm

Yep. Honestly.

"It's 30 tickrate, so it makes sense for there to literally be a half second jump delay. PS: Fuck you, pile of shit."

Gee, thanks Psyonix. Stupid fucks. It shows their attitude; arrogant and incompetent retards.
Last edited by GalactixJR on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby KarbonIced on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:15 pm

It's the same information that was presented a while back from someone on reddit named speech, I think. They found out if you show the replay from your own perspective it showed the delay. And if you watched someone else's replay file than for whoevers replay that belonged to their car looked delayed as well (according to the thread). When I tried looking into it on my end I had some jumps that lagged in a game and others that didn't so i wasn't able to conclude anything on my own, but im not surprised by their answer. This was deemed a unreliable method of verifying. Going forward with evidence I recommend finding a way to record this without using the replay.

The game is poorly designed for people trying to help debugging wise. Laggy servers, Replays cannot be relied on and no UE3 debugging tools. You have to find a repeatable action that is recorded live, like the ball hitting your car in the same spot but reacting differently, or like above showing delays in flipping or jumping but it has to be 1. live 2. not in a replay 3. preferably in freeplay to avoid server lag being blamed for the bug. The differences between a bugged game and a good one may not even be visible enough to identify in this manner but those are the tools (or lack there of) that they've provided.
KarbonIced
Acrobatic

Steam ID: KarbonIced

Postby cincabeza on Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:02 am

I have found some training sequences are reliably better than others. For example, wheypr0tein's dribble flick playground is usually HCB free for me, while other training sequences are unplayable after 1 or 2 goals and/or ball resets. Try his training sequence, maybe it's the particular one I downloaded that has a "good" state, or maybe it is tied to a good server..

Dribble Flick Playground
7067-44F0-A1C8-7DAC

I am thinking to live record a custom training sequence, one where you begin with the ball on your car and holding gas. I'll make the training sequence so that with no HCB the ball will continue to "stick" to my car and be carried easily straight down the field. Then, by forcing some HCB or waiting til HCB is present, I will record the same training sequence and perhaps I can capture some weird car/ball interactions. What do you guys think of this experiment?
cincabeza
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: cincabeza
Steam ID: cincabeza

Postby moha on Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:31 am

That would be very good proof in my opinion. I thought about it too but I never get the great feeling in game anymore, just decent. So I can't do it myself. Go for it!

I asked my opponents replay and compared his to mine. Looking from his replay it looked like he had the delay and I didn't. So I guess the bug can't be proved with a replay. Damn it! And I'm 100% sure he didn't have the bug.
moha
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support