Why has been banned my nickname?

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Why has been banned my nickname?

Postby ni0g0s on Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:24 am

Hi. I've been playing this game for hundreds of hours but last weeks i've noticed that my nickname has been replace with *********

Why? There is no reason for that
ni0g0s
Supersonic

Steam ID: ni0g0s
Region: EU

Re: Why has been banned my nickname?

Postby zGreenMachine- on Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:10 am

my only guess is that your gamertag is slightly similar to a certain English racial slur? that's the only reason I can think of
psyonix
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Postby Tentacles on Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:26 pm

What's your gamer tag?
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby Spiffers on Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:01 pm

It could definitely be picking up some form of "nig" from your name and banning it based off that. That being said, the entire thing seems to be a little overtuned regardless - a club member I have is named "ablueshoe", and that's been censored.
Spiffers
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Spiffers
Region: Canada

Postby ni0g0s on Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:43 pm

zGreenMachine- wrote:my only guess is that your gamertag is slightly similar to a certain English racial slur? that's the only reason I can think of

Yes, thats what i think too, but i think it has no sense, because is not that word, is just a nickname and is different. I dont even use english in my country, is not english or anything like that

For example, is like if somebody pick the nickname "Utah" and is banned on a spanish game because it sounds a little bit like "puta" (whore in spanish)

Is just my nickname, which is a mix of two Enter the matrix character names (niobe and ghost). I've been using it for 15 years on steam, PSN, Xbox live and tons of games or websites and never was banned or something.

Is not important to see my name in the game, but i would like to have my name back because there is no reason to ban it.
ni0g0s
Supersonic

Steam ID: ni0g0s
Region: EU

Postby zGreenMachine- on Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:06 am

I would be a little salty if my name got censored for no reason. Other than changing your gamertag I don't know what else you could do. Maybe submit a help ticket but I'm not sure Psyonix would do anything.
psyonix
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Return to Help and Support