Why has been banned my nickname?

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Why has been banned my nickname?

Postby ni0g0s on Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:24 am

Hi. I've been playing this game for hundreds of hours but last weeks i've noticed that my nickname has been replace with *********

Why? There is no reason for that
ni0g0s
Supersonic

Steam ID: ni0g0s
Region: EU

Re: Why has been banned my nickname?

Postby zGreenMachine- on Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:10 am

my only guess is that your gamertag is slightly similar to a certain English racial slur? that's the only reason I can think of
zGreenMachine-
Assault-Craft
Assault-Craft

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Postby Tentacles on Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:26 pm

What's your gamer tag?
Tentacles
Legendarily Voluble
Legendarily Voluble

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby Spiffers on Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:01 pm

It could definitely be picking up some form of "nig" from your name and banning it based off that. That being said, the entire thing seems to be a little overtuned regardless - a club member I have is named "ablueshoe", and that's been censored.
Spiffers
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: Spiffers
Region: Canada

Postby ni0g0s on Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:43 pm

zGreenMachine- wrote:my only guess is that your gamertag is slightly similar to a certain English racial slur? that's the only reason I can think of

Yes, thats what i think too, but i think it has no sense, because is not that word, is just a nickname and is different. I dont even use english in my country, is not english or anything like that

For example, is like if somebody pick the nickname "Utah" and is banned on a spanish game because it sounds a little bit like "puta" (whore in spanish)

Is just my nickname, which is a mix of two Enter the matrix character names (niobe and ghost). I've been using it for 15 years on steam, PSN, Xbox live and tons of games or websites and never was banned or something.

Is not important to see my name in the game, but i would like to have my name back because there is no reason to ban it.
ni0g0s
Supersonic

Postby zGreenMachine- on Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:06 am

I would be a little salty if my name got censored for no reason. Other than changing your gamertag I don't know what else you could do. Maybe submit a help ticket but I'm not sure Psyonix would do anything.
zGreenMachine-
Assault-Craft
Assault-Craft

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Postby ni0g0s on Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:07 pm

I thought i would receive an answer from developers like on steam forums. I'd just like to know the reason.
ni0g0s
Supersonic

Postby Glassman94 on Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:12 am

Look at the erratic censoring from Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
1. They can do whatever, to whoever they want.
2. They claim "community standards" which are cloaked in subterfuge.
3. Complaining only makes them punish further.

In the book 1984, the Ministry of Love exterminated people, rendering them "unpersons". Every trace of their existence was eliminated.
Today the Ministry of Facebook renders people "unpersons". Again, every trace of their existence washed away.
R/L isn't much different.

And you thought Orwell's book was fiction.
Glassman94
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: Glassman94

Postby AlexCuse44 on Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:17 pm

Glassman94 wrote:Look at the erratic censoring from Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

In the book 1984, the Ministry of Love exterminated people, rendering them "unpersons". Every trace of their existence was eliminated.
Today the Ministry of Facebook renders people "unpersons". Again, every trace of their existence washed away.

Comparing Big Brother to Psyonix might be a bit far fetched, don't you think? I will say that for a book written in the late 40s, it really does hold it meaning even today. Also, correct me if I am wrong but BB didn't censor much, they simply changed how history appeared. The people censored themselves.
AlexCuse44
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Steam ID: AlexCuse44
Region: US East

Postby Glassman94 on Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:41 am

AlexCuse44 wrote:
Glassman94 wrote:Look at the erratic censoring from Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Comparing Big Brother to Psyonix might be a bit far fetched, don't you think? I will say that for a book written in the late 40s, it really does hold it meaning even today. Also, correct me if I am wrong but BB didn't censor much, they simply changed how history appeared. The people censored themselves.

Guess I just have issues with anyone censoring free speech.(in any form) So did some other guy.............
“If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.” - George Washington

Corrupt governments have used censorship to control people.
I'm not sure private companies doing the same for the sake of profits is any less offensive.
Glassman94
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: Glassman94

Return to Help and Support