Smurfing = Against ToS = Psyonix really cares?

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Smurfing = Against ToS = Psyonix really cares?

Postby awesomerookie on Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:59 pm

I have reported so many smurfs, but I have no response from anybody, it really matters to destroy others elo?
I want to really know.
Otherwise Why i should respect the ToS ?
awesomerookie
Supersonic

Re: Smurfing = Against ToS = Psyonix really cares?

Postby Doomstrike on Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:33 am

If you report them and its more then just 1 off they will be banned. It does take more then 1 report but eventually you will see something saying actions were taken
Doomstrike

PSN ID: Doomstrike
Steam ID: meDoomstrike
Region: Canada West

Re: Smurfing = Against ToS = Psyonix really cares?

Postby Spiffers on Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:56 pm

I was looking at the ToS just now - is there really a line in there that says anything about creating new accounts and playing the game fresh? Like... that basically is the definition of smurfing, is it not? If it's not, please enlighten me. However, there are many legitimate reasons I can see for someone creating a new account in Rocket League, although most of those have to do with platform changes. I don't think someone should get banned for playing at the level they can play at - unless they're being obviously toxic at the same time. And if they are being obviously toxic at the same time (in chat or similar situations), then they should be banned for those actions, not the fact they're playing on a new account.
Spiffers
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Spiffers
Region: Canada

Return to General Discussion