New game modes

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

New game modes

Postby Tacos_eat_you on Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:00 pm

I know psyonix doesn't want to add new game mode because they get old and hardly any one plays them. I have a solution for that! Why not have game modes that rotate every couple of weeks or how ever long they want. Then after awhile of having these new game modes they put it up to a vote on the top played in there corresponding weeks after the votes are over remove rocket labs, hoops, snow day and replace them with the top 3 or make another playlist for them. :yaypsyonix:
Tacos_eat_you
Supersonic

Steam ID: Tacos eat you
GamerTag: tacos eat you
Region: US

Re: New game modes

Postby spaceboy on Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:33 pm

All they need for new modes are quality bots to play with. People who really love the modes will at least be able to play them.

Btw, please see my thread on down the list about a Tic Tac Toe mode. I would love to play that.
spaceboy
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby xkoeckiiej on Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:31 am

They did this in the alpha and it build alot of hype for the rotating modes.
but i dont think theyll do it.
main: Image
ps4: Image
xkoeckiiej
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xkoeckiiej_nl
Steam ID: xkoeckiiej
Region: EU

Postby Burito101 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:14 am

Good idea, I'm still wondering why they havent implemented a sudden death mode. Basically whoever scores 1st wins the entire game and the losing team gets permanently banned from playing RL. It even has cultural significance dating back to the Aztecs where the losers rather than just feeling bad, the Aztecs would just decapitate them.

Yes its a tiny bit harsh, but it would really show rocket leagues connection to the south american community.
Burito101
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Ivorylm on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:45 am

Burito101 wrote:Good idea, I'm still wondering why they havent implemented a sudden death mode. Basically whoever scores 1st wins the entire game and the losing team gets permanently banned from playing RL. It even has cultural significance dating back to the Aztecs where the losers rather than just feeling bad, the Aztecs would just decapitate them.

Yes its a tiny bit harsh, but it would really show rocket leagues connection to the south american community.

:lol:

Seriously though, when I'm bored I go to casual, which gets boring fairly quickly. Barely anyone plays he current modes anymore so I think a rotating system of modes would be great.
Xbox (main):
Steam:
Ivorylm
Supersonic

Steam ID: Ivorylm
GamerTag: Ivorylm

Postby NoOne-NBA on Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:04 am

Ivorylm wrote:Barely anyone plays he current modes anymore so I think a rotating system of modes would be great.

I still think the three biggest reasons for the poor participation levels in the alternate modes are:
1) They aren't ranked, so they don't have separate MMR, which can make trying a new mode unpleasant, if your Unranked MMR is too high to compete with people who play that mode more exclusively, and have a similar MMR to your own.
2) There are no exclusive rewards for playing these modes, so people tend to stick to modes they are more comfortable with.
3) With respect to Rocket Labs specifically, Psyonix screwed up all the wall transparencies for the arenas for that mode, when they did the "transparent quarter-pipe" update.

Psyonix had a rotating mutator match queue way back.
That met with some resistance to specific combinations, particularly Time Warp and Beach Ball, where people would drop in and out of matches, until they found one they liked, then bail on the follow-up match, because they didn't like the next combination that came up.
I think any attempt to merge all the different modes into a single queue would be met with similar resistance.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Return to General Discussion