To Long

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

To Long

Postby SIMY on Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:17 am

So, after noticing 2000+ hours in Rocket League...I don't have to think to hard. I like the game, yes plenty of problems with it...but over all, the game still works well. I just never notice a "report" to let community and admins know, "great player, good job". All reports are negative, is there a reason for this?

Let the few that like the match's report that, might help later on.

Anyways I guess keep up the great work. I stick to 2 games online...Rocket League is one. Competition is always fun!

Thanks,
SiMy
SIMY
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: SiMy
Region: US

Re: To Long

Postby Scyonite on Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:10 am

You mean like endorsements in Overwatch? I second the idea yeah.
zGreenMachine wrote:
JHZER wrote:I'm really struggling with RL, the game doesn't excite me and that's why I don't wanna stream it or do gameplay videos. I need something new and different to the game but I know only cosmetics are added which makes me sad.
Scyonite
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Postby SIMY on Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:55 am

I just never fully understood why this game wanted to give any kind of power to it's players. So many decent players quit the game due to junk reports. I just want something where I can let whomever know, it was a GG with these 4 or 6 players. But the only votes u can come across is negative.

This is when others will say, "you can use team chats". This is NOT what I'm talking about. It would just be nice to let whomever is watching...what actual good games we are having.

I also might just be talking out of my ass. Again sorry.
SIMY
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Scyonite on Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:27 am

SIMY wrote:I just never fully understood why this game wanted to give any kind of power to it's players. So many decent players quit the game due to junk reports. I just want something where I can let whomever know, it was a GG with these 4 or 6 players. But the only votes u can come across is negative.

This is when others will say, "you can use team chats". This is NOT what I'm talking about. It would just be nice to let whomever is watching...what actual good games we are having.

A report function is needed at some point in a game when players feel the people that misbehave cannot be held responsible for their actions by a measure of their input. Any type of game that has a ranked feature which is mainly what the game consists of and any type of game in which malicious intent can not always be inferred by game-stats needs a report feature. Psyonix simply cannot oversee "reporting" themselves. They do police reporting.

To be honest though, you only have to press "up" twice to say gg. LUL. They made it that easy. But some type of endorsement would be cool.
zGreenMachine wrote:
JHZER wrote:I'm really struggling with RL, the game doesn't excite me and that's why I don't wanna stream it or do gameplay videos. I need something new and different to the game but I know only cosmetics are added which makes me sad.
Scyonite
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Postby SIMY on Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:35 am

Scyonite wrote:
SIMY wrote:I just never fully understood why this game wanted to give any kind of power to it's players. So many decent players quit the game due to junk reports. I just want something where I can let whomever know, it was a GG with these 4 or 6 players. But the only votes u can come across is negative.

A report function is needed at some point in a game when players feel the people that misbehave cannot be held responsible for their actions by a measure of their input. Any type of game that has a ranked feature which is mainly what the game consists of and any type of game in which malicious intent can not always be inferred by game-stats needs a report feature. Psyonix simply cannot oversee "reporting" themselves. They do police reporting.

To be honest though, you only have to press "up" twice to say gg. LUL. They made it that easy. But some type of endorsement would be cool.

I understand, banned 1 day myself because someone decided to use a word on me...I let it get to me. Next time, I'll follow suit and report. I wonder how much it works. I never cared to use it with 2000+hours. I thought "voting for kids" would have ended awhile ago. I see why they have it, need to keep the kids here to pay. "I understand" my ban.

Good Luck people.

Thanks,
SiMy.
SIMY
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby SIMY on Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:56 am

So...the 3 from Pk. are allowed to call me a "fahg". Come watch my games, been called it over dozen times tonight, I've reported. I see nothing being done. Name is SiMy Game TM. Just sad others are allowed to get away with this. Want a recording, go to my twitch. Admins don't follow there own rules, why should I? Was good games until Pk. GG matchjunker.

Thanks,
SiMy

(This game is no better then a "hypocrite").
SIMY
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby SIMY on Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:51 am

I see the difference in voting now. When will we be able to tell staff of the good/great players/games?

I guess no one seen the idea as I did. It's bad enough "MatchJunker" teams 3 nobody's with 2-3 that know each other in this game for a ranked match and call it even. Lets find the decent matches that matter, and show it. Raise your hand if your hear to play for money?....realize...please.

Lmao.
SIMY
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby E_M_E_T on Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:53 am

The endorsements in Overwatch clearly show why similar features DON'T exist in other games. It achieves nothing other than clog up data.
E_M_E_T
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

PSN ID: merc-835
Steam ID: E_M_E_T
Region: USEast (West on holidays)

Return to General Discussion