Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Tentacles on Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:00 pm

^Thanks! If you don't have connection issues ranking up should be easy if you are in a rank you don't belong in. And if you don't have friends and blame your teammates well that's on you.
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby NoOne-NBA on Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:10 pm

^And....you did it again.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne-NBA-
Region: US-West

Postby Tentacles on Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:34 am

I hate my life.
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Postby Scyonite on Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:59 am

To all them people in this thread that like to point fingers. Sometimes a finger can be rightly placed, yes. But do you really think you can grow in this game by pointing fingers going "you're doing this wrong"? You don't. You learn in this game by pointing a finger at yourself. And apparently that needs to happen. 'Cause you believe that you're better than the rank you're in, yet you can't make it any higher. Do you know what all the esports people have in common? They don't point fingers at other people, they only point a finger at themselves, and thus they learn. They dedicate themselves to this and to the game.

Watch a few replays from a teammate's perspective. Keep in mind almost everyone's biased towards judging how a good a player is in contrast with themselves. I.e. "this player doesn't have the control nor the speed I have", while in fact he is on par or close to on par with you. See how this player makes decisions as a result of your decisions, and identify how you could've made his/her game easier/faster/better.

As far as I know you're living under a rock if you can't agree this is one way of fastly improving in this game. And if you don't want to do this, then you don't deserve to ever point a finger.

Some unsolicited advice. If you believe you've lost due to a teammate and it causes you to tilt. Take an hour. Do something else. Clear your head and try again after. If you'd simply keep on going your behaviour in the next few games will be more desperate and that will scrubb off of teammates.
zGreenMachine wrote:
JHZER wrote:I'm really struggling with RL, the game doesn't excite me and that's why I don't wanna stream it or do gameplay videos. I need something new and different to the game but I know only cosmetics are added which makes me sad.
Scyonite
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Postby DeaZeR on Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:30 am

and solo 3s is manipulated first u get good mates after this such di+++ unbeliveable rip rocket league 2018
ImagePS4
ImagePC
DeaZeR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: D199687550H
Steam ID: forget :|
Region: Germany / Europa

Postby FlashPower on Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:10 pm

Scyonite wrote:To all them people in this thread that like to point fingers. Sometimes a finger can be rightly placed, yes. But do you really think you can grow in this game by pointing fingers going "you're doing this wrong"? You don't. You learn in this game by pointing a finger at yourself. And apparently that needs to happen. 'Cause you believe that you're better than the rank you're in, yet you can't make it any higher. Do you know what all the esports people have in common? They don't point fingers at other people, they only point a finger at themselves, and thus they learn. They dedicate themselves to this and to the game.

Watch a few replays from a teammate's perspective. Keep in mind almost everyone's biased towards judging how a good a player is in contrast with themselves. I.e. "this player doesn't have the control nor the speed I have", while in fact he is on par or close to on par with you. See how this player makes decisions as a result of your decisions, and identify how you could've made his/her game easier/faster/better.

As far as I know you're living under a rock if you can't agree this is one way of fastly improving in this game. And if you don't want to do this, then you don't deserve to ever point a finger.

Some unsolicited advice. If you believe you've lost due to a teammate and it causes you to tilt. Take an hour. Do something else. Clear your head and try again after. If you'd simply keep on going your behaviour in the next few games will be more desperate and that will scrubb off of teammates.

dude wtf are you serious? When you see it like this, at the end you just confirm what i SAID. I cant compare me with galaxy power player like Kronovi or Pulse MK who are not normal players. They are like everyone on ESL and some of them Top 50 World player.

For the normal Rocket League player it is only a torture and mess. I stuck at Platin 2 Div 3 4 on 2s because the random mates do everything what they should not do. I already stopped attacking and just sit in the goal because im physicaly alone on the field. The own mates only action is giving great passes to the opponents and kicking your car away as soon as you want to touch the ball. You can literally just watch how the shit happens.

At the end it is like, there are no middle class anymore. Ranked is just top class or total flop, there is nothin between anymore. So if you want survive and rank up with randoms, you need world class skills on Grand Champ level or you cant do it anymore further.

Seems ranked is for world class player now, not for the others anymore.
FlashPower
Acrobatic

Steam ID: gtaflash

Postby zGreenMachine- on Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:31 pm

Wise words Scyonite but you're wasting your time here. People just be looking for someone/something to blame.
AlexCuse44 wrote:
Scyonite wrote:
zGreenMachine wrote:I'm really struggling with RL, the game doesn't excite me and that's why I don't wanna stream it or do gameplay videos. I need something new and different to the game but I know only cosmetics are added which makes me sad.
- JHZER
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Postby Tentacles on Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:12 pm

FlashPower wrote:For the normal Rocket League player it is only a torture and mess. I stuck at Platin 2 Div 3 4 on 2s because the random mates do everything what they should not do. I already stopped attacking and just sit in the goal because im physicaly alone on the field. The own mates only action is giving great passes to the opponents and kicking your car away as soon as you want to touch the ball. You can literally just watch how the shit happens.

I could start a new account, place the lowest rank possible and solo climb to champ, even with these laggy disaster of servers. But that's because I know how to play. If you don't want to look at your own mistakes and see how you can improve and get out of the rank you belong in, that's on you. Everyone loses a few matches due to bad teammates, thinking it's the majority of your losses are based on teammates is completely arrogant and wrong, you will never improve and you will never climb.
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Postby Galactic Geek on Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:12 pm

I look inward and learn from my mistakes all of the time, but that doesn't mean that I can't or shouldn't point the finger at other bad players. A bad play is a bad play, period, regardless of player.
Galactic Geek
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US

Postby Midremit on Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:44 am

Loving this thread.

Still waiting for an actual replay of those platinum/gold matches so we can all see the things they're talking about.

Flashpower, be more adventurous, you'll lose your attacking play and general sense of game if you're sitting in goal. You'll never improve enough that way. Screw that 'bad' teammate, you're in the same tier for a reason, whether you like to hear it or not. It's okay to lose games if you learn from them --> recognising situations in games that come afterwards. It's probably the reason why all of 'us' are saying you should watch replays.

Gave an actual real life friend that advise. Stuck in gold/platinum for months, now he's reaching champ tier.

"For the normal Rocket League player it is only a torture and mess. I stuck at Platin 2 Div 3 4 on 2s because the random mates do everything what they should not do. I already stopped attacking and just sit in the goal because im physicaly alone on the field. The own mates only action is giving great passes to the opponents and kicking your car away as soon as you want to touch the ball. You can literally just watch how the shit happens."

As if your opponents don't do the same.
Not saying gg after a game?
Despicable.

#BringBackSARPBCItsGoodSpirit
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: midremit
Region: Europe

Postby Scyonite on Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:47 am

Galactic Geek wrote:I look inward and learn from my mistakes all of the time, but that doesn't mean that I can't or shouldn't point the finger at other bad players. A bad play is a bad play, period, regardless of player.

Scyonite wrote:To all them people in this thread that like to point fingers. Sometimes a finger can be rightly placed, yes.

FlashPower wrote:
Scyonite wrote:To all them people in this thread that like to point fingers. Sometimes a finger can be rightly placed, yes. But do you really think you can grow in this game by pointing fingers going "you're doing this wrong"? You don't. You learn in this game by pointing a finger at yourself. And apparently that needs to happen. 'Cause you believe that you're better than the rank you're in, yet you can't make it any higher. Do you know what all the esports people have in common? They don't point fingers at other people, they only point a finger at themselves, and thus they learn. They dedicate themselves to this and to the game.

dude wtf are you serious? When you see it like this, at the end you just confirm what i SAID. I cant compare me with galaxy power player like Kronovi or Pulse MK who are not normal players. They are like everyone on ESL and some of them Top 50 World player.

For the normal Rocket League player it is only a torture and mess. I stuck at Platin 2 Div 3 4 on 2s because the random mates do everything what they should not do. I already stopped attacking and just sit in the goal because im physicaly alone on the field. The own mates only action is giving great passes to the opponents and kicking your car away as soon as you want to touch the ball. You can literally just watch how the shit happens.

At the end it is like, there are no middle class anymore. Ranked is just top class or total flop, there is nothin between anymore. So if you want survive and rank up with randoms, you need world class skills on Grand Champ level or you cant do it anymore further.

Seems ranked is for world class player now, not for the others anymore.

I'm gonna try just a little bit GreenMachine LUL. Mate are you really not trying to see that all I'm offering is a way to understand and get better at this game and all you need to do is admit you make mistakes as well and that this is a team-game to its very core. When you make the decision to sit as a goalie it's going to affect your teammates, badly. This game only really works if every player covers the whole map to some extent. What basically is holding you back now is your view of the game. You meet Rocket League with tilt and disgust of teammates, you're not having fun anymore, you don't seem to care about improving and all you really want to seem to do is flame at other people. This is not gonna improve your situation in any way. It's only going to get worse. What you need is the willingness to look at yourself first, then find out how your teammates act according to your plays and then find a way to having clean rotations again.

I bet your arse if I'm placed in platinum solo standard I will win the majority of the matches. I'd win this by letting my teammates do what they want to do when it's their turn, positioning myself to cover possible bad 50/50s, not committing when somebody seems to cut in rotation (this happens a lot, you just need to let go), and only really commit and make valuable plays when the rotation is clearly mine. I did my placements in solo standard since a couple of seasons a few days ago. I was placed with D1-D2 in the placement and I seem to be D3-C1 somewhere. I won 9/10 placement matches, in solo standard. The reality of the experience was that when my teammates would go for the ball the game would be fairly matched, but when I got to it I was able to dismantle some defense and then let my teammates finish off or take over. This is ultimately all you can and should be doing. It's a team game, and when you realize that and change your expectations accordingly you'll find that you're going to be way better off.

I'm not comparing you, me, GreenMachine (Kappa) or Tentacles to pros. What I am saying is that there's something to learn from the pros. (Like how on Earth would there not be something to learn from pros?). Ad you seem to be disregarding/not believing what I am telling you. Does everything I have just said not make sense to you?
zGreenMachine wrote:
JHZER wrote:I'm really struggling with RL, the game doesn't excite me and that's why I don't wanna stream it or do gameplay videos. I need something new and different to the game but I know only cosmetics are added which makes me sad.
Scyonite
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby FlashPower on Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:18 pm

I think i basicly think I know why i fuck up with randoms. It is just the fuck fact, that even Platin 2 is already full aids of ex or smurf Champ 2 player. Each fucking game i just played was FUCKING far way from a average platin match. This entire system is for the bin. Platin 2 straight till Diamond 3 is full of Diamond 3 matches. Just the own teammate hits nothing.

Yes you can make it with trashmates, but you have to have insane ballcontrol skills so that you can run through the match on your own. With middle class skills you get smashed as well.

The entire ranked system seems become more and more to a playground for superbrains and smurfs and ex smurfs. One crow chops the others eye.
FlashPower
Acrobatic

Steam ID: gtaflash

Postby Scyonite on Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:15 pm

FlashPower wrote:I think i basicly think I know why i fuck up with randoms. It is just the fuck fact, that even Platin 2 is already full aids of ex or smurf Champ 2 player. Each fucking game i just played was FUCKING far way from a average platin match. This entire system is for the bin. Platin 2 straight till Diamond 3 is full of Diamond 3 matches. Just the own teammate hits nothing.

Yes you can make it with trashmates, but you have to have insane ballcontrol skills so that you can run through the match on your own. With middle class skills you get smashed as well.

The entire ranked system seems become more and more to a playground for superbrains and smurfs and ex smurfs. One crow chops the others eye.

*blames smurfs*, *blames matchmaking*, *blames teammates again*. You don't necessarily have to have ball control, you need to have restraint in chat and in the field and focus on how you can be a good teammate, but you don't seem to want to understand what I'm trying to tell you. I rest my case. Byebye.
zGreenMachine wrote:
Scyonite
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby Tentacles on Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:49 pm

How I win while playing solo. Give 110%, notice exactly why my teammate is trash, and play into their strengths. Players that can adapt can climb.
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Postby Scyonite on Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:53 pm

^ Shet I kinda agree.
zGreenMachine wrote:
Scyonite
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby zGreenMachine- on Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:59 am

^^ That's the way to do it Tentacles.

In all honesty my ball control isn't that spectacular for someone in champ 2/3 (especially dribbling :dork: ). I think what I am decent at is positioning, trying to make smart touches on the ball, and working around randoms playstyles. Solo-q can be tricky but once you do it enough you kind of learn how to work with randoms. Basically I just play with the mentality that I expect them to mess up so I try to keep myself in a position to cover them if/when they do. But part of it is also learning when you actually can trust them too :mrgreen: You get a feel for it pretty quickly in each match.

MidrAmit wrote:Gave an actual real life friend that advise. Stuck in gold/platinum for months, now he's reaching champ tier.

One of my pals has gone from prospect to champ 2 in the past 2 years. He put in a lot of hard work and effort to improve his weak points and to learn from his mistakes. It's definitely possible to rank up.
AlexCuse44 wrote:
Scyonite wrote:
zGreenMachine wrote:I'm really struggling with RL, the game doesn't excite me and that's why I don't wanna stream it or do gameplay videos. I need something new and different to the game but I know only cosmetics are added which makes me sad.
- JHZER
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Postby Midremit on Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:59 am

zGreenMachine- wrote:^^ That's the way to do it Tentacles.

In all honesty my ball control isn't that spectacular for someone in champ 2/3 (especially dribbling :dork: ). I think what I am decent at is positioning, trying to make smart touches on the ball, and working around randoms playstyles. Solo-q can be tricky but once you do it enough you kind of learn how to work with randoms. Basically I just play with the mentality that I expect them to mess up so I try to keep myself in a position to cover them if/when they do. But part of it is also learning when you actually can trust them too :mrgreen: You get a feel for it pretty quickly in each match.

MidrAmit wrote:Gave an actual real life friend that advise. Stuck in gold/platinum for months, now he's reaching champ tier.

One of my pals has gone from prospect to champ 2 in the past 2 years. He put in a lot of hard work and effort to improve his weak points and to learn from his mistakes. It's definitely possible to rank up.

Agreed 100%. My ball control is gobshite, I often get trashed by teammates saying I'm shit because I missed a ball or 2 in succession etc., yet whenever I play them afterwards we usually win. Even in that pink tier you have 'bad' teammates (not saying it's me or the other, just the feeling). It's about finding a way that works in the first 2/3 minutes of a game, your own positioning and timing are worth so much more than the rotations of teammates. It's the only thing we can control after all...

Just can't understand why they keep complaining and blaming everyone but themselves. They should've tried sarpbc, was about a million times harder to actually compete with someone who only had 2 months of experience more for the first 2 years. Guess I'm getting old referring to the past...

And, that's a cheeky name change you did there. Must say I didn't notice at first :p
Despicable.

Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby zGreenMachine- on Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:05 pm

Midremit wrote:And, that's a cheeky name change you did there. Must say I didn't notice at first :p

I stole it from deceased! 8-)
AlexCuse44 wrote:
Scyonite wrote:
- JHZER
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Postby Midremit on Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:45 am

zGreenMachine- wrote:
Midremit wrote:And, that's a cheeky name change you did there. Must say I didn't notice at first :p

I stole it from deceased! 8-)

That may be true, but do you know who the real inventor of my pseudo name is? !^
Despicable.

Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Doomstrike on Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:55 am

Its almost like there is this thread that exists about this very topic by a certain mod that I keep bumping

Also if you really want to know whats what you can always upload a video of your gameplay to youtube or something then there are plenty of people here that can comment and give you tips
Doomstrike

PSN ID: Doomstrike
Steam ID: meDoomstrike
Region: Canada West

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion