Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby ChristianoRivaldo on Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:21 am

littlebigleg wrote:your saying you never score own goals?


I'm saying three games in a row is no coincidence. In diamond 1 that shouldn't happen.
ChristianoRivaldo
Acrobatic
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:30 am

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby spaceboy on Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:01 pm

This mixed 'actual rank' issue is a problem all the time. Bronze 1-3 is far more frustrating to play than Silver 3.

The highest I've been is Silver 3 D4. I lost my focus and started dropping, all the way down to Bronze, and I noticed the further I dropped, the harder and more ridiculous it got. Getting out of Bronze is a PITA.

There's more smurfs at the bottom, more people moving up for the first time or working back up, more erratic play. The bit of skill I had developed to get into high Silver wasn't as valuable in Bronze because it's more of a train wreck down there.

I have to say that a hard reset sounds very bad. A soft one sounds nice in theory, but perhaps it's best to just leave it alone.
spaceboy
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:32 pm

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby FlashPower on Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:26 pm

I go along with t the threadstarter.

I was Diamond 1 in 2s and dropped to Gold 3! No joke. And this has not always anything to do with, that you are too bad. I made 70% of the work to get diamond, but with randoms. They literally have their big part on it, that you downrank that brutal.

Everyone who talks about Rotation... it is really pointless what you do, when your mate makes everything bad and wrong and this the entire game.

The problem is, you have big ballchaser who fast are and chase the ball like a mouse the cheese. And if you want to go to the ball they simply push your car away open the way for the enemie and boom its goal for enemie. Not to mention they play all passes to the enemie and shoot the ball blind around the arena like a pinball without any target.

I really only have these ppl, and when you play standard 2s or 3s your enemies are premate teams with teamspeak communication and mostly all Diamond smurfs. You literally have 1 v 3 matches only.

You could carry them, at least if they wouldnt chase and bump you around all time but they do it. And even if you ask them not to do that they still do it.

You can be so good, you have no chance, when your mate breaks your neck that hard, nobody has the brain for that. You barerly come over PLat 2 anymore without a good premate, except your name is Squishymuffin or Kaydop. But they are superbrains.

Rankedsystem how it is now, is totally out of reality.
FlashPower
Acrobatic
User avatar
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:08 am
Steam ID: gtaflash
Region: EU

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Broke Unit on Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:24 pm

FlashPower wrote:You barerly come over PLat 2 anymore without a good premate, except your name is Squishymuffin or Kaydop. But they are superbrains


Pretty easy to get over plat/diamond/champ without a premate and my name is neither squishymuffinz nor kaydop
Image
Broke Unit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:05 pm
Steam ID: Borane97

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby ChristianoRivaldo on Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:38 am

Broke Unit wrote:
FlashPower wrote:You barerly come over PLat 2 anymore without a good premate, except your name is Squishymuffin or Kaydop. But they are superbrains


Pretty easy to get over plat/diamond/champ without a premate and my name is neither squishymuffinz nor kaydop


:scarab: :scarab: :scarab: :scarab: :scarab: :scarab: :scarab: :scarab: :scarab:
Last edited by ChristianoRivaldo on Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChristianoRivaldo
Acrobatic
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:30 am

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby NoOne-NBA on Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:57 am

ChristianoRivaldo wrote:That Win/mvp ratio ain't that good though

Why do you say that like it's a BAD thing?
That is exactly what should happen, if someone is filling holes and winning games, rather than ball-hogging their way to losses.
NoOne-NBA
Moderator
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2918
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:40 am
Steam ID: NoOne-NBA-
Region: US-West

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Broke Unit on Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:06 am

ChristianoRivaldo wrote:
Broke Unit wrote:
FlashPower wrote:You barerly come over PLat 2 anymore without a good premate, except your name is Squishymuffin or Kaydop. But they are superbrains


Pretty easy to get over plat/diamond/champ without a premate and my name is neither squishymuffinz nor kaydop


That Win/mvp ratio ain't that good though


Do u even play the game?
Image
Broke Unit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:05 pm
Steam ID: Borane97

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby FlashPower on Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:38 pm

NoOne-NBA wrote:
ChristianoRivaldo wrote:That Win/mvp ratio ain't that good though

Why do you say that like it's a BAD thing?
That is exactly what should happen, if someone is filling holes and winning games, rather than ball-hogging their way to losses.


What is your suggestion ? A mate that immediately starts chasing 5 minutes straight and kicky sour car away all the time? When you dont come close to the ball because the mate is out of control ?

For sure: I found out, stay in goal 5 minutes and defend. The moment you go out its your dead, the mate is invisible. Each ball that comes back is in. But your mate still chases the ball endless. On the other hand, premate teams, Diamond 2 - 3 or Champ 1 smurfs and thats normal now.

To get through with bad mates, you need high Champ 1 Skills at least. You must be a dribble god, otherwise premate is an obligation.
FlashPower
Acrobatic
User avatar
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:08 am
Steam ID: gtaflash
Region: EU

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby ChristianoRivaldo on Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:04 pm

@Broke Unit

And how bout the fact that you haven't even touched Solo Standard this season, even though you claim to solo que and that it is "easy".
Last edited by ChristianoRivaldo on Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChristianoRivaldo
Acrobatic
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:30 am

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Broke Unit on Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:42 pm

ChristianoRivaldo wrote:@Broke Unit

I do sir and I am pointing out some of your stats. For example that assist ratio................my god
And how bout the fact that you haven't even touched Solo Standard this season, even though you claim to solo que and that it is "easy".


The fact that you’re trying to „read skills“ based on stats is absolutely ridiculous .. do u get any assists or MVPs in 1s? no, you don’t.
why do i need to play solo standard to state the fact that you don’t have to be a pro to get over plat by solo queing? makes no sense at all

you’re probably one of these diamonds who think they’re carrying the game because they got the most points. ;)
Image
Broke Unit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:05 pm
Steam ID: Borane97

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby ChristianoRivaldo on Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:46 pm

Broke Unit wrote:
ChristianoRivaldo wrote:@Broke Unit

I do sir and I am pointing out some of your stats. For example that assist ratio................my god
And how bout the fact that you haven't even touched Solo Standard this season, even though you claim to solo que and that it is "easy".


The fact that you’re trying to „read skills“ based on stats is absolutely ridiculous .. do u get any assists or MVPs in 1s? no, you don’t.
why do i need to play solo standard to state the fact that you don’t have to be a pro to get over plat by solo queing? makes no sense at all

you’re probably one of these diamonds who think they’re carrying the game because they got the most points. ;)



I know that points are irrelevant and should be removed from the game. But you come in this thread to say "ez" and you haven't touched solo standard. I bet you play with a m8 on 2's as well
ChristianoRivaldo
Acrobatic
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:30 am

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Broke Unit on Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:46 am

I still don’t get your point
sometimes i play with a mate, sometimes i don’t. why do i need to play solo standard to say „ez“ though?
been doing my placements in solo 3s now, so?
Image
Broke Unit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:05 pm
Steam ID: Borane97

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Galactic Geek on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:45 am

I've been able to stay in high plat consistently in standard and doubles, but in SS I can barely maintain gold and am currently marooned in silver because of ignorant teammates who go out of their way to laugh at my Rocketeer status and scoff every time I mention lag, despite my attempts to get them to understand. It feels like I'm being surrounded by people who still believe the Earth is flat and want to burn me at the stake!
Galactic Geek
Battle-Car
User avatar
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:50 am
GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby zGreenMachine- on Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:48 pm

are you suggesting the earth isn't flat???
AlexCuse44 wrote:
Scyonite wrote:
zGreenMachine wrote:I'm really struggling with RL, the game doesn't excite me and that's why I don't wanna stream it or do gameplay videos. I need something new and different to the game but I know only cosmetics are added which makes me sad.
- JHZER
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
User avatar
Missile-Guided
 
Posts: 1574
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:21 pm
Location: R̶o̶c̶k̶e̶t̶ ̶L̶a̶b̶s̶
PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Tentacles on Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:53 pm

I haven't read a single post in this thread, what did I miss?
Image
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
User avatar
Fully Garrulous
 
Posts: 3044
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:19 pm
Location: SL, UT
Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby littlebigleg on Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:37 pm

burning people at the the stake is a bit taboo these days.Air pollution and all that
littlebigleg
Battle-Car
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:54 am
Location: Scotland
GamerTag: littlebigleg
Region: eu

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby SIMY on Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:05 am

Klinsk wrote:I'm Plat II, these randoms play like Bronze, seriously, they can't do ANYTHING right (boosted as hell), so either fix your goddamn matchmaking or do a hard reset.

And no, I can't play with friends all the time, Rocket League isn't the only game out there.

This game has gone to hell, I don't udnerstand why people don't see that????


Be Nice!....I try :P
SIMY
Rocket-Powered
User avatar
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:42 am
Location: USA
Steam ID: SiMy
Region: US

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Burito101 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:42 am

Uninstall or get better at the game. Rank climbing isn't supposed to be a linear experience. Tm8 being aggressive? Play defensively. Tm8 skittish? Play aggressively.

I've found that going back to training after completing a game just to complete a quick training sequence works good. One thing I've noticed is if you play back to back to back games that your mind starts keeping track of what your tm8 is doing wrong rather than just focusing on the situation at hand and playing your best.

The training sequence helps you get rid of all those frustrating and stressful moments and gives your mind a blank slate to work with.
Image
Burito101
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:30 pm

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Dan203 on Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:05 am

It's hard to rank up solo. It's so dependent on your teammates and how well you play together. I've gone on streaks where I get great teamates game after game and move up several ranks. And I've gone on streaks where I keep getting the crap guys who have to be touching the ball at all times no matter which way they’re facing (those guys are the worst!) and move down several ranks. I feel like if I had a party of decent players I could play consistently with I'd be at least a few ranks higher. But when playing solo it's total luck of the draw. One person can only do so much. Especially if the other team is in a party and well organized.
Dan203
Supersonic
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:50 pm

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Midremit on Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:58 am

Tentacles wrote:I haven't read a single post in this thread, what did I miss?


Lots of not so good people complaining about not ranking up with more experienced players (that got out of that very same ranks) either replying that they're whining and not good enough or that the rank system is doing a fairly decent job, hence saying the same but more kindly.

Quite amusing to be fair
Not saying gg after a game?
Despicable.

#BringBackSARPBCItsGoodSpirit
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:36 pm
PSN ID: midremit
Region: Europe

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: legaCypowers and 9 guests