Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Scyonite on Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:47 am

Keep on wearing those blinders mate.
When nothing works - Get silly, but be respectful. Be happy you got matched against me, giving you room to improve!
Scyonite
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Postby Galactic Geek on Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:32 am

I just know that I've dropped all of the way from P3 to S1, and am currently struggling to get back out of gold. You can't possibly keep a straight face and tell me that it's entirely my fault - at some point, it becomes a matter of diminishing returns, and the players on your team will keep you down through no real fault of your own, simply because you can't possibly be everywhere at once. Their lack of skill collides with mine, but since there are 2 of them and only 1 of me (I play a lot of solo standard, FYI), the odds are in the favor of losing, not winning. Sure, my skill may eventually win out, but it'll be so drawn out over such a length of time so as not to be worth it in the eyes of many. Everyone has their frustrational limits. Everyone... Even worse, the longer one stays in this quagmire, the more likely they will pickup bad habits and lose good ones, which only compounds the issue. Thinking positively will only get you so far, and most aren't capable of meeting RL's intense training regimen to get to D, C, or GC.
Galactic Geek
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US

Postby zGreenMachine- on Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:45 am

Galactic Geek wrote:You can't possibly keep a straight face and tell me that it's entirely my fault

for the 1000th time, no one is saying that it's entirely your fault. How many different threads should I repeat this in
Toxicity is self-defeating, so keep positive vibes. Don't take it out on your teammates.
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Postby Tentacles on Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:10 am

Ah but it is entirely your fault. If you aren't teaming up with friends and you aren't willing to carry your trash teammates 110% it is impossible to rank up. There is a big difference from getting a teammate that doesn't belong in a rank which happens more than it should and going on a massive losing streak.
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby Scyonite on Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:02 am

Tentacles he did mention he plays a lot of solo standard, so teaming up isn't possible. I think what happens to most people dropping down is that they're becoming too aware of what they're/should be doing themselves, they mainly pay attention to their play and only the negative sides of teamplay become apparent. To get out of that vicious circle you need to admit some things are simply in the care of your teammates, and you need to be ready for any outcome, even if it's negative. You need to shift your attention away from what should be happening and what you could be doing into how you can work with your team. It doesn't require crazy mechanical skill to get anywhere, it requires you to take a fresh and broad look at your team, without immediately assuming they're worse than you.
When nothing works - Get silly, but be respectful. Be happy you got matched against me, giving you room to improve!
Scyonite
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby FlashPower on Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:12 pm

Hydroxyde wrote:I
Here is a little example on what each rank does , and how you re supposed to beat them
KOV: Key of victory

Plat: Can't properly rotate, slow moving players, shots don't pack much power, wall and more refined aerial play, they can at least setup insta flip shots from the walls -- KOV: Rotate, Good clears, confident plays
Good luck

And this is from the point from a guy, that is Champ ranks for years now and doesnt know whats about in 2018. What you explain was when the game came out.
2018: A lot of smurfs.

I constantly meet enemies, how play on top leve ? Details ?

In one step: To use the wall does not work anymore. The enemies from Plat 1 Div 4 on, play the wall skill out like Dia 2 player. They are at the wall within seconds(!) and have read out the entire stadium like a top class player. Rotation? They know this shit already even top level. And this goes though the entire platin ranks. In each second game they even play each other the ball in the air while they doing air dribble. One gives pass in the air while the other one in the air shoots the ball diectly in our goal.

Yes! This is what you normally first meet at high ranks and its not a joke. In the same time I have only the carrymates: Disoriented and do not really know what to do. Almost invisible. Never learned any basics.

Whats the fact about this, when your mates cant even use a wall does always the same useless stuff and walls even do not work ?
The skill! You must have insane quality and everything goes about mechanicle skills. The better the higher the chance you win it with randoms.

The individual class decides it and nowaday, you need high skills even to succeded on Platins or you stuck there forever.
FlashPower
Acrobatic

Steam ID: gtaflash

Postby Hydroxyde on Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:49 pm

Nah man. I gifted my brother RL when it came out. He doesn't use his steam account anymore and he never even played ranked. About 1 week ago. I leveled up that account all the way to Dia 3 using the exact Keys of victory i mentioned on my post.

Go ahead. Post your replays too. We can help you see what you are doing wrong so you can improve your game. You gotta understand we are not trying to belittle you or mantus by asking for your replays. We really want to help you guys. Maybe a lil change in your mindset or the way you approach shots and chances will go a long way
Hydroxyde
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: hdxyde
Region: Chile

Postby Scyonite on Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:12 pm

FlashPower wrote:Rotation? They know this shit already even top level.

This is not true at all. I can easily outrotate any platinum player.

FlashPower wrote:They are at the wall within seconds(!) and have read out the entire stadium like a top class player. Rotation? They know this shit already even top level. And this goes though the entire platin ranks. In each second game they even play each other the ball in the air while they doing air dribble.

If all of these statements are true, then how does a diamond separate from the platinum? The diamond separates from the platinum because their mechanics are better, their teamplay is better. Same for Champ. Platinum is not where any top class players plateau... How does this make sense from your perspective?

FlashPower wrote:And this is from the point from a guy, that is Champ ranks for years now and doesnt know whats about in 2018. What you explain was when the gamecame out.

I play with friends that are platinum on my alt. I play against platinums and diamonds. It's not hard to analyze their gameplay and beat them. I know perfectly well how platinum and diamond work and I'd say Hydroxide is fairly close to reality. You're just looking at the game with too many assumptions at this point. And these assumptions limit your ability to clearly assess a game. Stop looking at this game with a magnifying glass and take ten steps back instead.

Players that think individual (mechanical) skill is what decides how this game works are delusional, simply and utterly delusional. You play this game with one to two other people. Winning a match comes down to what team is better at reading the pitch (including the team itself), better at applying its talents and better at creating and capturing opportunities, the latter of which you really need a coordinated team for, but once you do any team like this beats a team that is incapable of the same.

Imagine every single football player in a 11v11 match thinking their team is shit. Every player trying to outdo his/her own team individually, do you know how uncoordinated this would look? Rocket League is no different. Your team is uncoordinated because you might be limiting your team's capability of teamplay by thinking you have to do it all. I've been saying this countless times, each time in a different way, and it's still not coming through. Am I not making sense here?
Scyonite
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby Tentacles on Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:35 pm

Oh well solo 3s is horrible matchmaking and legit makes no sense. I still hit champ in it one season but I will never play that again. And people in champ still have no idea how to rotate, not as often but bad rotations still happen way more than it should.
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Postby Mantus on Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:33 am

Scyonite wrote:Keep on wearing those blinders mate.

Yeha I'm thinking the same thing.

Can't accept that a player is winning at plat 2 on 1 account while losing at silver 3 on another.. Whose blind. Anyone with logic knows it's you.
Mantus
Acrobatic

Steam ID: dreadonly1
Region: South West

Postby Mantus on Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:43 am

Galactic Geek wrote:I just know that I've dropped all of the way from P3 to S1, and am currently struggling to get back out of gold. You can't possibly keep a straight face and tell me that it's entirely my fault - at some point, it becomes a matter of diminishing returns, and the players on your team will keep you down through no real fault of your own, simply because you can't possibly be everywhere at once. Their lack of skill collides with mine, but since there are 2 of them and only 1 of me (I play a lot of solo standard, FYI), the odds are in the favor of losing, not winning. Sure, my skill may eventually win out, but it'll be so drawn out over such a length of time so as not to be worth it in the eyes of many. Everyone has their frustrational limits. Everyone... Even worse, the longer one stays in this quagmire, the more likely they will pickup bad habits and lose good ones, which only compounds the issue. Thinking positively will only get you so far, and most aren't capable of meeting RL's intense training regimen to get to D, C, or GC.

Yeah, but what we're not talking about, and how such a pile of shit company can decide it's legitimate to do this to you is.. How fun is it really for you and what are they trying to achieve by putting you through this? You know damn well you should be creaming golds yet here are some teammates to make sure you lose. No matter what the advise is or how anyone else perceives you should get better to climb out of it.. This garbage company is already putting you through something you should not be going through.
Mantus
Acrobatic

Postby Mantus on Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:20 am

I guess it comes here. The truth. The average IQ is 100, Genius IQ starts at abolut 140. You can geniusly estimate that most of your champs here telling you how to be or how to act are either sock puppet accounts posting from psyonix interests for the company or they are fools below the average IQ level. They are below the average IQ level because they are more about appearances rather than recognizing a systematic problem in ranking and matchmaking. Not that we can't overcome it by playing extremely safe but that is just how we are being conditioned.

We can assume that we are equally understand this by the simple reality that we recognize an artificial balancer, inhibitor to our game play (or we wouldn't even be here pissed and posting). Those posting against us are on the opposite end of reality. They are most likey gifted by the company their rank while we are stripped of ours. That's why you see pros playing with them and complaining that they're garbage. How can a champ not know how to save a goal 5x in a row.. Simple.. Psyonix bases rank on qualifiers that are not skill base. If you want to argue with that then we won't see a pro video afraid to join solo rank because youre garbage. I wont ever see a pro afraid to queue standard 3s alone, because his teammats will actually be good., You champs here shitting on everyone. Simple. Youre the garbage that downranks pros. If you actually experienced what we do. You wouldn't even reply the way you do. You're oblivios. I'm looking forwards to seeing a pro throw his controller against the wall the next time he's teamed with you. We'll know why and we'll know its you.
Last edited by Mantus on Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mantus
Acrobatic

Postby Scyonite on Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:36 am

How about we reconsider a meaningful discussion over a flaming one? At this point I won't come back if you're going to be flaming the people that are trying ever so desperately to try and explain how it works, however distanced and theoretical it might seem to you. Let me just defend myself by saying my IQ is around two standard deviations away from the mean, not in the intellectual unfortunate direction. I'm also not "a Psyonix' puppet". I enjoy discussion, and I will discuss if I see posts that warrant discussion. Your posts meet this criterium quite often, but all you do is offer flames or overdefensive and victim role responses.

If you think that there's an artificial balancer based on qualifiers that are not in the skill base and you want to keep this discussion meaningful then you will have to provide means of validation of your claim. It seems highly controversial and it needs some backing up before you can expect initially skeptical people to pull this thread with you.

I'm not even a pro mate. I'm a C2. I'm trying to argue against your past beliefs to make you see how you can better your experience, becoming increasingly frustrated with the responses I get back. In turn I get more direct and less nuanced up to a point where I just start to troll. Then I wake up the next day and I reply with a response like this.
Scyonite
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby zGreenMachine- on Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:49 am

Scyonite: crates are a form of gambling and the opening animation psychologically preys on children and people with gambling disorders
NoOne: Psyonix needs to focus on better workshop support so the community can create the content they want, and add a server browser so players can play custom maps together
GreenMachine: There needs to be more variety in the game besides standard arenas, new content > new crates, prioritize fixing bugs and performance issues
Tentacles: the servers are sh!t the servers are sh!t the servers are sh!t the servers are sh!t the servers are sh!t the servers are sh!t the servers are sh!t the servers are sh!t the servers are sh!t
Psyonix: [does nothing]

Mantus: ranked is toxic
Psyonix: 50 GAME LOSS STREAK

hey genius,
"geniusly" is not even a word, neither is "oblivios", you used the wrong forms of "their/there/they're" multiple times and misused the ellipses "..."

edit: I caught that sneaky edit, you're quick ;) "We can assume that we are equally understand this by the simple reality that..." isn't much better but good effort!

how does it feel to be ranked lower than a below-average IQ, garbage sock puppet? I'm no where near pro either but if you want screenshots of my solo queue games with/against pros just ask

@Scyonite
there is no hope for this one, save your energy friend
Toxicity is self-defeating, so keep positive vibes. Don't take it out on your teammates.
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Postby Scyonite on Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:57 am

zGreenMachine- wrote:Tentacles: the servers are sh!t the servers are sh!t the servers are sh!t the servers are sh!t the servers are sh!t the servers are sh!t the servers are sh!t the servers are sh!t the servers are sh!t

Scyonite
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby Midremit on Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:06 am

Mantus, Flashpower, Greek;

Take this guy's approach, he'll overtake you in no time at all.

https://psyonix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=43877

Or even mine. Saw that I couldn't get out of c2.

FUCKING SMURFS ALL OF THEM was the first thing I thought of, then I started playing 1s... You know, to improve my mechanical skill. Must've been platinum level before...

And to add some psyonix complaints, I got banned because my game crashed at the fkin loading screen. Completely ridiculous and they should fix it, as it wasn't the first time this has happened.

Felt I had to say this because I felt left out by :mrgreen:
Not saying gg after a game?
Despicable.

#BringBackSARPBCItsGoodSpirit
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: midremit
Region: Europe

Postby zGreenMachine- on Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:19 am

Midremit wrote:Felt I had to say this because I felt left out by :mrgreen:

didn't forget, sorry <3 just gave some brief examples
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Postby Mantus on Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:34 am

Scyonite wrote:How about we reconsider a meaningful discussion over a flaming one? At this point I won't come back if you're going to be flaming the people that are trying ever so desperately to try and explain how it works, however distanced and theoretical it might seem to you. Let me just defend myself by saying my IQ is around two standard deviations away from the mean, not in the intellectual unfortunate direction. I'm also not "a Psyonix' puppet". I enjoy discussion, and I will discuss if I see posts that warrant discussion. Your posts meet this criterium quite often, but all you do is offer flames or overdefensive and victim role responses.

If you think that there's an artificial balancer based on qualifiers that are not in the skill base and you want to keep this discussion meaningful then you will have to provide means of validation of your claim. It seems highly controversial and it needs some backing up before you can expect initially skeptical people to pull this thread with you.

I'm not even a pro mate. I'm a C2. I'm trying to argue against your past beliefs to make you see how you can better your experience, becoming increasingly frustrated with the responses I get back. In turn I get more direct and less nuanced up to a point where I just start to troll. Then I wake up the next day and I reply with a response like this.

There's been nothing desperate in my explanation. You know as well as I do that I have been flamed equally if not more. To the point of satire.

But for your feelings sakes I won't engage. I don't want to be banned for not accommodating you in the way that you want to control other people. I don't need a conversation with you. Im not here for it.

Let us now ponder or celebrate how many people posting here noticeably have a college degree in psychology that post here on video game forums and post again so noticeable in the same manipulative structure as the moderator does. Oddly.
Mantus
Acrobatic

Postby Tentacles on Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:03 am

Greenmachine drives a solid point. Good for the lulz too.
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Postby Hydroxyde on Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:17 am

Sh!t guys... He is onto us. QUICK! switch accounts
Since it seems credentials are important for you. I do have a college degree. I'm an automation engineer and my IQ is above the average by a couple of tens according to the last time I was tested (2 years ago, for fun with a few colleagues)

With that out of the way. Mods are not trying to manipulate you in any way, nor is the rest of the community who has engaged with you.
You came to us with a problem, a rather impossible and hard to believe one at that. We tried to assure you Psyonix has no hand in whatever awful deranking you had and we gave you a few solutions to your problem along with some first hand experience of our own. At this point, you are making a concerted effort to go against the current to hold your ground, while cherry picking posts to self-validate your arguments.

At least i'm done with my interventions in your topic. I hope you realize what you are doing wrong, that way you can start enjoying the game again.
As always, English is not my primary language. Excuse me if i made any grammatical mistakes.
Hydroxyde
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: hdxyde
Region: Chile

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion