Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Ghostbusterboy on Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:47 am

People can call me trash all they want do i give a fuck the majority of whinny bitch tm8s i get hardly play any better then me also you haven't got the balls to face me 1v1 to back up your claim im garbage at rocket league ill admit it but atleast im not a whinny bitch who blames his tm8s every game for losing u people who do that need to grow the fk up and understand you Can't expect every tm8 to play like turbopulsa
Ghostbusterboy
Acrobatic
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:35 am
PSN ID: Ghostbusterboy19
Region: EU

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Scyonite on Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:20 am

Ghostbusterboy wrote:People can call me trash all they want do i give a fuck the majority of whinny bitch tm8s i get hardly play any better then me also you haven't got the balls to face me 1v1 to back up your claim im garbage at rocket league ill admit it but atleast im not a whinny bitch who blames his tm8s every game for losing u people who do that need to grow the fk up and understand you Can't expect every tm8 to play like turbopulsa


Ghostbusterboy wrote:To answer syconites post i look at the persons psn profile after the whinny 5yr old blames me for losing yet they were playing no better then me and its always a person from Holland majority of the time like this 1 time my tm8 scored about 3 own goals not on purpose hit the ball at wrong angle yet after the game ended he blamed me for losing are you for real i said look who scored 3 own goals i typed im trash at rocket league im not ashamed to admit it i really don't give a damn if i lose i play video games for fun not be a tryhard i don't have a problem with anyone online expect for sore losers or rage quitters and squeakers jesus prepare to go deaf with them people demonic possession to the max


What are you doing here? Are you, maybe, blaming a teammate? LUL.
Rip Gecko #May2018
Scyonite
Rocket-Powered
User avatar
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 497
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:02 am
Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Hydroxyde on Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:26 am

Tentacles wrote: people are consistently reporting they have been placed way too high in the rank system, this is the only game I have ever seen this happen.


I have to agree with you Tentacles. I for one i'm nowhere near the consistency of a champ II player. I was put on C2 at the start of the season and I was like... "Oh sh!t... They are gonna rip me a new one" Which... ultimately happened. Nowadays you can park a truck there... Sideways :cry:

I also agree with your earlier comment. Sadly the game rewards far too much risky plays which incentivates ball chasing and superstar/pro style behavior.
I can't count how many times I had to play overly defensive filling in for 70% of my teammate defensive rotations ´cause he was constantly out of boost or went flying to narnia after missing an RLCS-like highshot while trying to secure a montage goal

Yeah in the end you may win, but at what cost?? You just helped to climb a liability for the very rank you are in. The problem gets compounded when the system is trying to use the average mmr for the match as you will reward even more that player, in turn they will never understand the shortcoming of their style and will go on blaming less adaptative players. To make a long story short... You are also part of the problem :P
Image
Hydroxyde
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:06 am
Steam ID: hdxyde
Region: Chile

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby NoOne-NBA on Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:21 am

Scyonite wrote:
littlebigleg wrote:placement matches throw everything into chaos


Better if Psyonix would just not change anything from one season into the next eh? :roll:

Yet that is EXACTLY what Psyonix has been doing, from season to season.

There was no "reset" after this past season.
A "soft reset" would be what happens when everyones' rank, within a given tier, is lowered to the bottom of that tier.
That is NOT happening.
Psyonix is leaving everyones' MMR where it was at the end of the last season, having them face the exact same competition as they were at the end of last season, and then putting them back into the overall distribution at almost the same exact position as last season.
The only change, from one season to the next, is the symbol displayed next to a player's name, and even that only changes until that player has completed the placement matches, at which point it goes right back where it was, in most cases.

A TRUE soft reset would push all the Plat players down to the bottom of Plat 1, and all the Diamond players to the bottom of Diamond 1.
Once they were all pushed to their respective positions, the system should allow them to fight their way up out of the pile, with no "placement assistance" artificially enhancing the outcome.
That would create true divisions between tiers, at the start of the season.
Facing only competition from within their given tier should allow deserving players to climb towards the next tier, to the point they will eventually meet players falling out of the tier above them.
NoOne-NBA
Moderator
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2694
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:40 am
Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby littlebigleg on Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:27 pm

Scyonite wrote:
littlebigleg wrote:placement matches throw everything into chaos


Better if Psyonix would just not change anything from one season into the next eh? :roll:


i would be very happy if they hard reset at the start of every season
littlebigleg
Battle-Car
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:54 am
Location: Scotland
GamerTag: littlebigleg
Region: eu

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Hydroxyde on Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:41 pm

I used to be of the same idea Littlebigleg, but after the first true reset we had, on season 3 i believe it was... it was mayhem. The ranks were cancerous, gangrenous and all those oregon trail diseases together.

You either got carried hard or had to do the heavy lifting yourself. There was no way to tell rookies from seasoned players and it ended up hurting more than it did good.

Think about it. On your own rank you kinda need to play at at least 80% of your own personal skill ceiling to be able to perform, but on lower ranks you can get away with being speedy, with taking long goals (even with defense in position) and overall just not challenging yourself. That in turn slows down your progress as you are not developing any new skills or feel threatened any more. Plus you will suffer infuriating loses due teammates not living up to your expectations

Personally I don't think the player base will survive a true hard reset, but if they decide to do it, even considering everything i said thus far, well... still count me in :P
Image
Hydroxyde
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:06 am
Steam ID: hdxyde
Region: Chile

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby littlebigleg on Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:51 pm

hard reset but cut the league in two bronze to plat and diamond to the top
littlebigleg
Battle-Car
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:54 am
Location: Scotland
GamerTag: littlebigleg
Region: eu

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Scyonite on Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:24 pm

I was kinda hinting at the idea of one part of the community vouching for hard resets to fix ranked and one part that now wants to reset at all to keep it at its best :cheesygrin:.
Rip Gecko #May2018
Scyonite
Rocket-Powered
User avatar
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 497
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:02 am
Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby midnightgreen20 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:26 pm

ChristianoRivaldo wrote:Many people are quick to dismiss the OP's claims, as well as other similar threads. Here's the thing most people don't understand, especially high ranked players:

Rocket league's match making/ranking system, while good in most cases, has an Achilles's heel. It's the ranks between Plat 1 and Diamond 1. Those are the ranks that the current system fails to evaluate properly. There is a huge, HUGE difference in skill and understanding of the game between players in those ranks.

Now here's the problem: In the ranks between Plat 1 and Diamond 1, players are skilled just enough where you can't beat a 2 person team on your own.

So what happens is, many people get stuck in these ranks. I call these ranks quick sand. The more you try to get out, the deeper you sink. You can play a great game, only to have some noob team mate give 3 goals to the opponent team. And then the game starts getting very frustrating, because it is 100% unfair and NOT FUN to play with people that are of a lower skill than you. So you start playing badly out of frustration and the quick sand effect takes place.

THAT is the problem people are talking about and it is a real problem. If you do not have thousands of hours in solo queue in those ranks like I do, than please try to understand what me and other people are saying. It is a real problem.

IT IS EASIER TO WIN IN DIAMOND 2 THAN IT IS TO WIN IN PLAT 2. Quote me on that.

When I am in Diamond 2 or above, matches seem fair. Match making seems fair. Everything seems fair, just like everyone is responding to this thread. But in the ranks between Plat 1 and Diamond 1, the game is broken.


What you're describing is what other games have gone through, but they call it ELO hell. It's that one point in the ranking where you can begin to separate the haves from the have-nots. But when you mix them in interchangeably, it leads to utter chaos as the better players are unable to separate themselves from the pack due to shortcomings of the others around them.

Like you said, you can't exactly carry yourself to victory in these ranks. Players are able to defend some situations fairly competently, although a decent amount of time when they do this they break rotation. And they are also able to score on some basic pass plays or difficult angles, but doing so without having someone playing back. All of that would have someone say "Well then you should punish their mistakes." They are right. However, when your teammates make a mistake in the process of doing so, you are left to make decisions you otherwise wouldn't have to.

For instance, imagine your opponent getting a poor touch on the ball that leaves you an opportunity to steal and start the offense. But as you begin to move on the ball, your teammate from the complete opposite side of the field dives in thinking he can play the hero. At that point, you are left to decide between taking a risk on the double commit to push the ball up the field, or back off in case something goes wrong. It's a very fundamental mistake that completely ruins an otherwise favorable situation for you to be in. This is the kind of stuff that happens a lot in these ranks.

As much as people will say to stop blaming teammates and look to improve yourself, individual improvement can only do so much when the biggest issue is the team play. The ranks mentioned are where you really need to know your fundamentals in order to win consistently, yet only a portion of the people in said ranks actually focus on that. Others instead focus on getting fancy or just believe they are flawless. That kind of combination is exactly what pulls some people down into those ranks and keeps them trapped there.
midnightgreen20
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 2:29 pm
PSN ID: midnightgreen20
Region: United States

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby NoOne-NBA on Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:47 pm

littlebigleg wrote:i would be very happy if they hard reset at the start of every season

There is literally nothing to be gained from a hard reset.
All that does is create chaos and discontent.

A TRUE soft reset would clump people up in batches, at the bottom of the tier they finished in the prior season, and will prevent those clumps from being matched together for some length of time.
As groups break off those initial clumps, upwardly and downwardly, they would eventually begin mixing, but such a mix would be much less chaotic than the mix we get with the current system.

Above all though, Psyonix needs to stop tampering with the system, and just let it work naturally.
Stuff like "winning streaks", and "placement match adjustments" just create more problems, on top of those already inherent to using an ELO system on team games.
If people are matched only against people as close to their current rank as possible, the deserving amongst them will move up out of the heap.
Anything that even hints at asking "Yeah, but can you beat THIS team?" should be thrown the hell away.
NoOne-NBA
Moderator
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2694
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:40 am
Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby littlebigleg on Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:01 pm

lol i just really enjoyed the last hard reset,Was a breath of fresh air starting over again
littlebigleg
Battle-Car
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:54 am
Location: Scotland
GamerTag: littlebigleg
Region: eu

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby xkoeckiiej on Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:17 pm

zGreenMachine- wrote:
ChristianoRivaldo wrote:Now here's the problem: In the ranks between Plat 1 and Diamond 1, players are skilled just enough where you can't beat a 2 person team on your own.

I solo queue 90% of the time it's just the same up here. I can't beat 2 competent C2s when I have a teammate who's having a bad game.

Tentacles wrote:^Psyonix is always messing with the ranks, they choose how many players to allow the ranks they are in. Really since season 3 the upper ranks have been a joke.

That's any game with a ranked system though, generally each rank is reserved for the top X%. Like I said, I thought things hadn't really changed the past few seasons and GC was supposed to be around top .2%



In short
Psyonix doesn’t hold a percentage but 1 solid norm thats 1515 pts for 3s.
Normally that would be fine to end around.
This season due to the reset for some reason this soft reset was not a real soft reset as many players got gc back within 10-20 games.
Champ1 up to grandchamp was placed at the same starting range, so alot of champs got in way higher than they ended off last season.
Season 3 had a similar ending , way to many ppl in higher ranks.

Rather than starting a new season to see if you can work your way back up, psyonix lengthened last season to let more people grind the ladder without altering anything but add in a couple placements games. Letting alot of people end up way higher because essentially everything in the curve just moves up.
main: Image
ps4: Image
xkoeckiiej
Missile-Guided
User avatar
Missile-Guided
 
Posts: 1722
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:54 am
Location: Inside Mannfield Arena Playing Doubles
PSN ID: xkoeckiiej_nl
Steam ID: xkoeckiiej
Region: EU

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby littlebigleg on Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:37 pm

the 10 placement games can end up being more important to a player ranking as high as they can, than the rest of 100/1000 of the games in the season,Its daft
littlebigleg
Battle-Car
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:54 am
Location: Scotland
GamerTag: littlebigleg
Region: eu

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Midremit on Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:26 pm

midnightgreen20 wrote:
ChristianoRivaldo wrote:Many people are quick to dismiss the OP's claims, as well as other similar threads. Here's the thing most people don't understand, especially high ranked players:

Rocket league's match making/ranking system, while good in most cases, has an Achilles's heel. It's the ranks between Plat 1 and Diamond 1. Those are the ranks that the current system fails to evaluate properly. There is a huge, HUGE difference in skill and understanding of the game between players in those ranks.

Now here's the problem: In the ranks between Plat 1 and Diamond 1, players are skilled just enough where you can't beat a 2 person team on your own.

So what happens is, many people get stuck in these ranks. I call these ranks quick sand. The more you try to get out, the deeper you sink. You can play a great game, only to have some noob team mate give 3 goals to the opponent team. And then the game starts getting very frustrating, because it is 100% unfair and NOT FUN to play with people that are of a lower skill than you. So you start playing badly out of frustration and the quick sand effect takes place.

THAT is the problem people are talking about and it is a real problem. If you do not have thousands of hours in solo queue in those ranks like I do, than please try to understand what me and other people are saying. It is a real problem.

IT IS EASIER TO WIN IN DIAMOND 2 THAN IT IS TO WIN IN PLAT 2. Quote me on that.

When I am in Diamond 2 or above, matches seem fair. Match making seems fair. Everything seems fair, just like everyone is responding to this thread. But in the ranks between Plat 1 and Diamond 1, the game is broken.


What you're describing is what other games have gone through, but they call it ELO hell. It's that one point in the ranking where you can begin to separate the haves from the have-nots. But when you mix them in interchangeably, it leads to utter chaos as the better players are unable to separate themselves from the pack due to shortcomings of the others around them.

Like you said, you can't exactly carry yourself to victory in these ranks. Players are able to defend some situations fairly competently, although a decent amount of time when they do this they break rotation. And they are also able to score on some basic pass plays or difficult angles, but doing so without having someone playing back. All of that would have someone say "Well then you should punish their mistakes." They are right. However, when your teammates make a mistake in the process of doing so, you are left to make decisions you otherwise wouldn't have to.

For instance, imagine your opponent getting a poor touch on the ball that leaves you an opportunity to steal and start the offense. But as you begin to move on the ball, your teammate from the complete opposite side of the field dives in thinking he can play the hero. At that point, you are left to decide between taking a risk on the double commit to push the ball up the field, or back off in case something goes wrong. It's a very fundamental mistake that completely ruins an otherwise favorable situation for you to be in. This is the kind of stuff that happens a lot in these ranks.

As much as people will say to stop blaming teammates and look to improve yourself, individual improvement can only do so much when the biggest issue is the team play. The ranks mentioned are where you really need to know your fundamentals in order to win consistently, yet only a portion of the people in said ranks actually focus on that. Others instead focus on getting fancy or just believe they are flawless. That kind of combination is exactly what pulls some people down into those ranks and keeps them trapped there.



Just wondering...

How do you guys think we (im not considering myself a high ranked player, mind) got out of those ranks?
Could it have anything to do with individual improvement?
Recognising when to do what (and doing it quicly) is 10 times more important than 'teamplay', even in c2, and i presume higher as well, people make mistakes all the time. Adapting faster than your mates/opponents is what makes you climb. It's not about teamplay itself, as this can also be interpreted as covering your mates' mistakes. When you're paired with a good dribbler you should be able to make use of it, same with someone going for ceiling shots (defenders often double or even triple commit in lower ranks).

And, In 3s I went down from c2 to diamond 3 due to playing with some platinum friends (and me not being able to carry them). The teamplay (rotations) there is (are) horrendous, often non existent.

As for your example, never hesitate. Do whatever you think is right but do it with conviction. Backing off when you have a chance to start a counter is usually not the way to go, especially not the in the situation that described. If he bumps you, so be it, perhaps he learns from it as well. Others will recognise it and back off at the last second. You're also talking about double commits as if they are the worst possible thing in that rank, but players on the opposing team are in the same rank for a reason... They don't necessarily punish it every time.
Image
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:36 pm
PSN ID: midremit
Region: Europe

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby littlebigleg on Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:20 pm

nice to hear from a player that i would think is the majority
Midremit
littlebigleg
Battle-Car
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:54 am
Location: Scotland
GamerTag: littlebigleg
Region: eu

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby midnightgreen20 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:54 pm

Midremit wrote:Just wondering...

How do you guys think we (im not considering myself a high ranked player, mind) got out of those ranks?
Could it have anything to do with individual improvement?
Recognising when to do what (and doing it quicly) is 10 times more important than 'teamplay', even in c2, and i presume higher as well, people make mistakes all the time. Adapting faster than your mates/opponents is what makes you climb. It's not about teamplay itself, as this can also be interpreted as covering your mates' mistakes. When you're paired with a good dribbler you should be able to make use of it, same with someone going for ceiling shots (defenders often double or even triple commit in lower ranks).


There will be some people who get out of those ranks, but just because some do doesn't necessarily mean that everyone at a certain skill level will. It's just like some people will win money at a casino but that doesn't mean that the odds are even. This is why I brought up ELO hell in the first place. The mix of players is too sundry to create a consistent level of play within certain ranks. And to add the streak system in the matchmaking to further complicate the issue, you have a recipe for disaster. Some will make it out because they'll end up getting the better teammates more often than other people. The rest won't be so lucky and may have to grind a lot more in comparison, or just wait until another reset occurs where you can rank up quicker than when the ranks "settle in."
midnightgreen20
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 2:29 pm
PSN ID: midnightgreen20
Region: United States

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Midremit on Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:36 am

littlebigleg wrote:nice to hear from a player that i would think is the majority
Midremit


Lame response.

In september I was a platinum player. Had to learn how it was played, learned it, adapted, got out of the rank.
Same with diamond.
Same in champ.

You think those ranked problems are 'just' in platinum, but that's bs. I cant get out of champ 2. Been stagnating at div 4 there. Simple really, I'm not good enough to beat c3s with every other teammate, yet. Have to find a way to improve, that's all. It's as Mr. Green said really, the rank differences are there for a reason.
Image
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:36 pm
PSN ID: midremit
Region: Europe

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Burito101 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:52 am

Klinsk wrote:I'm Plat II, these randoms play like Bronze, seriously, they can't do ANYTHING right (boosted as hell), so either fix your goddamn matchmaking or do a hard reset.

And no, I can't play with friends all the time, Rocket League isn't the only game out there.

This game has gone to hell, I don't udnerstand why people don't see that????


AKA I'm trash and hate it when I'm the better player on my team but I still lose.

Cry more dweeb. Git gud or uninstall the games matchmaking is fine. Upload a video of you losing a game and you may have some credibility
Image
Burito101
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:30 pm

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby ChristianoRivaldo on Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:30 pm

midnightgreen20 wrote:What you're describing is what other games have gone through, but they call it ELO hell.


I actually had never heard that term before but I researched and it's exactly what I am describing.

Btw I just played some Diamond 1 solo 2's and had 3 team mates in a row score own goals. It is absolute madness. Post however many tip videos u want people, there is no outplaying a noob mate.
ChristianoRivaldo
Acrobatic
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:30 am

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby littlebigleg on Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:20 am

your saying you never score own goals?
littlebigleg
Battle-Car
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:54 am
Location: Scotland
GamerTag: littlebigleg
Region: eu

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FlashPower and 17 guests