Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby FlashPower on Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:53 pm

Nobody needs to explatin to me about to rotation. Because rotation alone is not "the key" anymore, everyone knows it. All my opponents are fast as fuck and this is all based on high Diamond 2 Levels even on Plat 2. Platinum 2 games died long time ago. Now it is just top player against each other - who is the best... And when you want to carry randoms that sabotate and play for the enemies then you can only survive and rank up when you have high mechanical skills, its all about top dribbling and so on.. No chance anymore without a high based skill level. Or you do something like cheat - stay in goal and hit one lucky punch that decides the game.
FlashPower
Acrobatic

Steam ID: gtaflash
Region: EU

Postby Scyonite on Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:08 pm

FlashPower wrote:Because rotation alone is not "the key" anymore, everyone knows it.

LUL I quit.
Rip Gecko #May2018
Scyonite
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Scyonite

Postby zGreenMachine- on Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:01 am

Rotation is part of it. Ball control is part of it. You can't get by with just being good at one of those.

Insane mechanical skill won't do you any good if you're constantly in the wrong place all the time.

There are people in diamond who can freestyle way better than I ever could :roll:
zGreenMachine-
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Postby SIMY on Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:28 am

I still look at the Title of this post. Most I can say is....fix it yourself.

This game expresses an involvement on letting the community start their own tournaments. I did, I let who I want in for cash prizes. There's no need to blame others because they do NOT know your play style.

Joining a random grp, and picking them up from start. Only because you tried to learn their play style...ends up in wins. Sometimes just, "go with the flow". Don't play your game, open it up to others gaming style. You will see a BIG difference in the smiles while playing.
SIMY
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: SiMy
Region: US

Postby FlashPower on Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:14 pm

zGreenMachine- wrote:Rotation is part of it. Ball control is part of it. You can't get by with just being good at one of those.

Insane mechanical skill won't do you any good if you're constantly in the wrong place all the time.

There are people in diamond who can freestyle way better than I ever could :roll:

And there is the point I was fallen to Gold 3 now and I must say it is so bullshit and explains everything. The entire ranked system is fucked. You literally need Dia 2 skills this means really high mechanical skills to do it with randoms, because teamplay doesnt work. It seems like the entire ranked system is so overheated with smurf players that you think you are in a wrong movie. All wallskills aerialskils is like a "must have" everyone knows it and even the meaning of rotation. You are in a Plat 1 match but every second match you feel like you are already in a Diamond 3 match thats all the match goes like.

Because of the amount of smurfs who are already in there together with the fact you already have to show powerfull skills even on the lower ranks, you really have to be a strong player based on Champ 1 to go through it without problems. Otherwise its just fight fight fight for a 1:0 or 2:1 result. Especially with randoms.

This means its already a self-evidence to have Diamond 1 skills really whatever on which rank you are, you need that absolutely or you get smashed on the lowest ranks.
FlashPower
Acrobatic

Postby Scyonite on Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:31 am

FlashPower wrote:
zGreenMachine- wrote:Rotation is part of it. Ball control is part of it. You can't get by with just being good at one of those.

And there is the point I was fallen to Gold 3 now and I must say it is so bullshit and explains everything. The entire ranked system is fucked. You literally need Dia 2 skills this means really high mechanical skills to do it with randoms, because teamplay doesnt work. It seems like the entire ranked system is so overheated with smurf players that you think you are in a wrong movie. All wallskills aerialskils is like a "must have" everyone knows it and even the meaning of rotation. You are in a Plat 1 match but every second match you feel like you are already in a Diamond 3 match thats all the match goes like.

Because of the amount of smurfs who are already in there together with the fact you already have to show powerfull skills even on the lower ranks, you really have to be a strong player based on Champ 1 to go through it without problems. Otherwise its just fight fight fight for a 1:0 or 2:1 result. Especially with randoms.

This means its already a self-evidence to have Diamond 1 skills really whatever on which rank you are, you need that absolutely or you get smashed on the lowest ranks.

I'ma just LUL again at this ignorance. Three people (champs) trying to convince you there's more to the game but noooooo, Flashpower knows best SwiftRage.
Rip Gecko #May2018
Scyonite
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby FlashPower on Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:01 am

Platin is dead, Gold is dead. Diamond 1 is the new standards. Everything below you wont even climb on plat 1 anymore or Gold 3 Div 4. Game exist too long now everyone was champ amd made second account.

I give not a year anymore and we have to say, is it a Champ or Grand Champ game, whatever which rank you play.
FlashPower
Acrobatic

Postby Midremit on Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:34 pm

Keep whining.
I've got 4 people in my friend list that did what you deem to be impossible. They're critical about their own gameplay though, something you seem incapable of doing. Perhaps more importantly, they're open for advise, hell, they even ask for it. Record and show us one of these games and we'll have plenty of fun analysing it, and perhaps you'll be better of as well.

Try SARPBC, now that's a hard game to master. I remember getting battered with a 13 goal difference in ranked, and that was after almost 2 years of playing and improving every aspect of my game.
You're complaining about losing with a one goal difference, says it all really.
You don't need insane skills to rank up, all you need to do is improve steadily and consistently, which is the same for higher tier players if they want to reach new heights.
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: midremit
Region: Europe

Postby Glassman94 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:46 pm

I quit playing ranked when I got demoted for winning.
I'm sure someone has sweet sounding reasons, excuses, explanations. Don't want to hear the bullshit.
Rocket League is the ONLY game in the world where you get demoted for winning. Pathetic.
Glassman94
Acrobatic

PSN ID: Glassman94

Postby Tentacles on Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:02 pm

^You didn't get demoted for winning you got demoted from rage quitting the game before that one.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby Glassman94 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:40 pm

:cry:
Tentacles wrote:^You didn't get demoted for winning you got demoted from rage quitting the game before that one.

As I said, reasons, excuses and explanations. And...........bullshit.
Thank you for confirming my assertions.
Glassman94
Acrobatic

Postby Midremit on Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:55 pm

Glassman94 wrote::cry:
Tentacles wrote:^You didn't get demoted for winning you got demoted from rage quitting the game before that one.

A game lasts 5', that's all it should take to get your promotion again.

So you stopped playing ranked because of this?

I'm looking forward to your other reasons, because this sounds like pointless whining, yet again.

*Not disputing the fact that a demotion shouldn't happen after a win, mind.
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Glassman94 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:34 pm

Midremit wrote:
Glassman94 wrote::cry:

A game lasts 5', that's all it should take to get your promotion again.

So you stopped playing ranked because of this?

I'm looking forward to your other reasons, because this sounds like pointless whining, yet again.

*Not disputing the fact that a demotion shouldn't happen after a win, mind.

I didn't stop playing. I still play casual.
And, it's not whining. It's merely stating a fact. "I quit playing ranked after getting demoted when I won." - FACT

Might as well say Lewis Hamilton's qualifying track record at Silverstone should be negaged because he did poorly the week before.
This type of thinking is irrational in the real world, but seems to be a foundational pillar of Rocket League.
Glassman94
Acrobatic

Postby Mantus on Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:53 am

Psyonix cheats their players. It goes beyond bad teammates. Be objective. When you're in "time to lose" mode. Everything is against you. The other team has a soft boomer mode that always goes towards your goal. Your team has a limp hit mode that goes straight to the other team. It's so obvious you're just too mad to notice it. They're controlling your emotions.

Why would they do that? Because they want your to doubt yourself and have 0 confidence. Even if you have a strong will it's worse. They want to humiliate you and you to know you're getting cheated and have other players say your bad, when you know you're not.

Consumers buy more to make up for insecurities.

Its so obvious Psyonix controls when you win and lose. No shame.

In a thread a few months back about players being toxic. I stated thatr psynoix is creating toxic with their match making system. Over the next few days I deranked from plat 2 to silver 2.. in a 50 game losing streak. LOL They are some of the biggest POS's to ever exist. Like plat 2 my teammates where all crap whiffing for 50 game losses. Its sad.
Mantus
Acrobatic

Steam ID: dreadonly1
Region: South West

Postby zGreenMachine- on Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:57 am

@Glassman
"demotion for a win" is a known visual bug, you didn't actually lose MMR for a win. I can provide an indepth explanation if you'd like.

Mantus wrote:Psyonix cheats their players. It goes beyond bad teammates. Be objective. When you're in "time to lose" mode. Everything is against you. The other team has a soft boomer mode that always goes towards your goal. Your team has a limp hit mode that goes straight to the other team. It's so obvious you're just too mad to notice it. They're controlling your emotions.

OMEGALUL
zGreenMachine-
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Postby Tentacles on Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:01 am

Mantus what you are describing is heavy car bug. You are one of the unlucky ones that has this issue. Currently there is no fix, sorry for the bad news :(
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby Midremit on Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:25 am

zGreenMachine- wrote:@Glassman
"demotion for a win" is a known visual bug, you didn't actually lose MMR for a win. I can provide an indepth explanation if you'd like.

Mantus wrote:Psyonix cheats their players. It goes beyond bad teammates. Be objective. When you're in "time to lose" mode. Everything is against you. The other team has a soft boomer mode that always goes towards your goal. Your team has a limp hit mode that goes straight to the other team. It's so obvious you're just too mad to notice it. They're controlling your emotions.

OMEGALUL

This thread keeps on giving doesnt it? :lol:
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby NoOne-NBA on Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:05 am

Glassman94 wrote:Might as well say Lewis Hamilton's qualifying track record at Silverstone should be negaged because he did poorly the week before.
This type of thinking is irrational in the real world, but seems to be a foundational pillar of Rocket League.

The qualifying times are qualifying times.
It's the overall points board you should be focusing on, in your scenario there.
If Hamilton got all bent out of shape about his performance the week before, and refused to look at the overall standings until AFTER the Silverstone race, he would likely have found he had lost ground in the overall standings as well, in spite of his current performance.

That is EXACTLY what happened to you here.
Thinking something else should have happened would be "irrational in the real world".
What you are seeing is the net effect of all the matches you played, since the last time your local copy of the game was able to sync with the ranking servers.
If you had stayed to watch the promotion/demotion screen, at the end of the prior match(es), the game would most likely have shown you the demotion then.
Once the game was able to sync again, it tabulated the missed wins/losses, and reported the cumulative results of those matches to you.

That being said, failure to sync on a win can cause a "promotion on a loss" scenario as well.
The chances of you seeing a "demotion on a win" are considerably higher than your chances of seeing a "promotion on a loss" because the game generally penalizes you for losses at a higher rate than it rewards you for wins.
The higher you climb up the ladder, the more pronounced that effect becomes, to the point one loss may negate multiple wins.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Postby Scyonite on Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:49 am

I gotta get a bag of crisps next time I have ten replies to read up on.
Rip Gecko #May2018
Scyonite
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Glassman94 on Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:48 am

NoOne-NBA wrote:
Glassman94 wrote:Might as well say Lewis Hamilton's qualifying track record at Silverstone should be negaged because he did poorly the week before.

The qualifying times are qualifying times.
It's the overall points board you should be focusing on, in your scenario there.
If Hamilton got all bent out of shape about his performance the week before, and refused to look at the overall standings until AFTER the Silverstone race, he would likely have found he had lost ground in the overall standings as well, in spite of his current performance.

That is EXACTLY what happened to you here.
Thinking something else should have happened would be "irrational in the real world".
What you are seeing is the net effect of all the matches you played, since the last time your local copy of the game was able to sync with the ranking servers.
If you had stayed to watch the promotion/demotion screen, at the end of the prior match(es), the game would most likely have shown you the demotion then.
Once the game was able to sync again, it tabulated the missed wins/losses, and reported the cumulative results of those matches to you.

That being said, failure to sync on a win can cause a "promotion on a loss" scenario as well.
The chances of you seeing a "demotion on a win" are considerably higher than your chances of seeing a "promotion on a loss" because the game generally penalizes you for losses at a higher rate than it rewards you for wins.
The higher you climb up the ladder, the more pronounced that effect becomes, to the point one loss may negate multiple wins.

NEVER in the history of auto racing has a driver been demoted in the standings after winning. NEVER (other than disqualification)

And..... if I deserved to be ranked down because of previous performances, why wasn't I demoted then? Are you telling me Rocket League waits until after I win to penalize me for previous match losses? Seriously?

But let's stop for a moment, step back and look at the big picture. If RL has a ranking system that is so convoluted that it takes several paragraphs to explain what seems blatantly wrong, perhaps the system needs to be rethought. Of course I could be wrong.......... Sebastian Vettel might get demoted for winning at Silverstone. (don't hold your breath)

If winning causes me to be ranked down, should I look forward to ranking up when I lose?

Meanwhile back on planet Earth...................
Glassman94
Acrobatic

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion