Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Klinsk on Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:51 am

I'm Plat II, these randoms play like Bronze, seriously, they can't do ANYTHING right (boosted as hell), so either fix your goddamn matchmaking or do a hard reset.

And no, I can't play with friends all the time, Rocket League isn't the only game out there.

This game has gone to hell, I don't udnerstand why people don't see that????
Klinsk
Acrobatic

Steam ID: Klinsk
Region: EU

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Tentacles on Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:25 am

So you only win when you play with friends? Did you ever think you might be getting carried?
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby Klinsk on Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:48 am

I may be Plat but I play like a high Diamond, it just sickens me that I have to fix my random mates' mistakes all the time. They spam "Defending" and continue to ballrush, which leaves an open goal.

This is ridiculous, right?
Klinsk
Acrobatic

Steam ID: Klinsk

Postby SIMY on Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:36 am

Yawn, been playing for awhile due to my cash tourny for community this next two weeks. I promise you Klinsk...no one here is worth talking to for anything. they have proved that to me over and over again. The bias in this community is unreal...but works for them. :)

Cash paid tourny not for the wannabe's, GL
SIMY
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: SiMy
Region: US

Postby Tentacles on Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:10 am

I'm not saying matchmaking isn't a joke because it is. But if you play at high diamond beating plat 3s should be pretty easy even with dead weight. I would recommend saving your replays and seeing if your rotation and positioning is spot on. If you are double backing around on teammates this kills the flow of the ball or if you are not clearing with boomers on your rotations back you can be doing much better.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby littlebigleg on Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:25 pm

One thing ive realized about solo queuing in this game is that there is 2 kinds of players.

1)There are the one's that learn how to carry a game when there the better player,And also have an understanding of knowing of how to adjust and be useful when they are being carried.Both scenarios happen about 50/50.

2)Then there is the second kind of player .They seem to have this idea there way is the only way to play.They think they are always the carrier and never at fault .They also make bold claims that they are much better than there rank says due to totally unfair circumstances!

I know what type of player i want to get teamed with
littlebigleg
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

GamerTag: littlebigleg
Region: eu

Postby zGreenMachine- on Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:06 pm

If you play like high diamond, you would be in high diamond.
zGreenMachine-
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Postby littlebigleg on Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:37 pm

i am a grand champion skilled player but im stuck in plat :roll:
littlebigleg
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby Scyonite on Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:04 pm

OP we get a person like you every other two weeks in here. And everytime everyone in the forums says the same; "you're stuck in the rank because you likely are that rank, watch your replays from your teammates' perspectives and pay attention to yourself". There's tons of thing to learn by doing that.
Rip Gecko #May2018
Scyonite
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Scyonite

Postby midnightgreen20 on Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:32 am

Ranked is always messy shortly after a soft reset because people are more likely to get boosted to a higher rank than where they should be. It always takes a few weeks for that to settle. Definitely not a fan of the resets for that very reason.
midnightgreen20
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: midnightgreen20

Postby Broke Unit on Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:50 am

Lmfao this is hilarious .. Pretty sure you’re making as many wrong decisions as your mates every game
Broke Unit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Borane97

Postby xkoeckiiej on Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:20 pm

To think this is the easiest season yet next to season 3.
Now you''re plat 2 so actually you should be about 4 tiers lower making you a gold player.
:o
main: Image
ps4: Image
xkoeckiiej
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xkoeckiiej_nl
Steam ID: xkoeckiiej

Postby zGreenMachine- on Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:55 pm

xkoeckiiej wrote:To think this is the easiest season yet next to season 3.

I have heard other people than you say that about this season. Mind if I ask why exactly? To the best of my knowledge the MMR range for each rank is the same as previous seasons, right? Maybe GC is about 15 points less in 2s but that's not much at all.

I mean Season 3 GC was like 1160 or something lol
zGreenMachine-
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Postby Tentacles on Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:08 pm

^Psyonix is always messing with the ranks, they choose how many players to allow the ranks they are in. Really since season 3 the upper ranks have been a joke.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby ChristianoRivaldo on Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:38 pm

Many people are quick to dismiss the OP's claims, as well as other similar threads. Here's the thing most people don't understand, especially high ranked players:

Rocket league's match making/ranking system, while good in most cases, has an Achilles's heel. It's the ranks between Plat 1 and Diamond 1. Those are the ranks that the current system fails to evaluate properly. There is a huge, HUGE difference in skill and understanding of the game between players in those ranks.

Now here's the problem: In the ranks between Plat 1 and Diamond 1, players are skilled just enough where you can't beat a 2 person team on your own.

So what happens is, many people get stuck in these ranks. I call these ranks quick sand. The more you try to get out, the deeper you sink. You can play a great game, only to have some noob team mate give 3 goals to the opponent team. And then the game starts getting very frustrating, because it is 100% unfair and NOT FUN to play with people that are of a lower skill than you. So you start playing badly out of frustration and the quick sand effect takes place.

THAT is the problem people are talking about and it is a real problem. If you do not have thousands of hours in solo queue in those ranks like I do, then please try to understand what me and other people are saying. It is a real problem.

IT IS EASIER TO WIN IN DIAMOND 2 THAN IT IS TO WIN IN PLAT 2. Quote me on that.

When I am in Diamond 2 or above, matches seem fair. Match making seems fair. Everything seems fair, just like everyone is responding to this thread. But in the ranks between Plat 1 and Diamond 1, the game is broken.
Last edited by ChristianoRivaldo on Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChristianoRivaldo
Acrobatic

Postby Hydroxyde on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:17 pm

Those problems could be fixed by introducing a new rank in between. and forcing the matchmaker to prefer players equity of rank, instead of filling in using the average mmr of the combined members on the team
Hydroxyde
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: hdxyde
Region: Chile

Postby zGreenMachine- on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:55 pm

ChristianoRivaldo wrote:Now here's the problem: In the ranks between Plat 1 and Diamond 1, players are skilled just enough where you can't beat a 2 person team on your own.

I solo queue 90% of the time it's just the same up here. I can't beat 2 competent C2s when I have a teammate who's having a bad game.

Tentacles wrote:^Psyonix is always messing with the ranks, they choose how many players to allow the ranks they are in. Really since season 3 the upper ranks have been a joke.

That's any game with a ranked system though, generally each rank is reserved for the top X%. Like I said, I thought things hadn't really changed the past few seasons and GC was supposed to be around top .2%
zGreenMachine-
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Postby Tentacles on Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:39 am

@Christiano You are hinting at the flaws in Psyonix system but those flaws are really only aimed at 1/6th of the players in solos. The majority of people belong in the rank they are in, plat 1 to diamond 2 is all ball chasers or goal sitters who think they deserve a better rank. The ones climbing are the people filling in the gaps of their teammate's shortcomings.

@zGreen
Grandchamp almost never fluctuates, however, plat 1 to champ 1 changes every season. The issue is Psyonix allows people to place much higher than the rank they belong in, people are consistently reporting they have been placed way too high in the rank system, this is the only game I have ever seen this happen.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby littlebigleg on Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:59 am

placement matches throw everything into chaos
littlebigleg
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby Scyonite on Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:02 am

littlebigleg wrote:placement matches throw everything into chaos

Better if Psyonix would just not change anything from one season into the next eh? :roll:
Rip Gecko #May2018
Scyonite
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Scyonite

Next

Return to General Discussion