Demos: What exactly constitutes 'unsportsman like" conduct?

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Re: Demos: What exactly constitutes 'unsportsman like" cond

Postby Glassman94 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:40 pm

Psyonix
Last edited by Glassman94 on Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glassman94
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: Glassman94

Postby VirtualTrident on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:29 am

Glassman94 wrote:Oh, so you are saying there are rules in a game with no rules? Sure!

I don't intentionally score against my own team. But, when you constantly enter matches halfway through, and another 6 players come and go, I'm not sure the concept of teams and goals remains valid.

It has been weeks since I played a complete casual match with the same 6 players. Until that becomes the norm, casual is nothing more than a free-for-all with a meaningless clock and scoreboard.

I agree that Casual needs some work (and has been needing some work for a good while tbh) but I'm pretty sure going on your own free-for-all adventure is going to do everything but make the experience better for just about anyone in your lobby. If you replace RL with any shooter Team Deathmatch you're not going to shoot your teammates in the face just because everyone keeps joining and leaving. You're just adding fuel to the fire.

I definitely understand your concerns though. Casual is an absolute shitstorm, and ranked play also suffers because of it.
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:We will blackmail you with your stupid faces.
VirtualTrident

Steam ID: I Am A Tree
Region: EU

Postby Glassman94 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:43 am

psyonix
Last edited by Glassman94 on Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glassman94
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: Glassman94

Postby chucklepie on Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:19 am

So how are these marshalled, is it simply a case of X number of reports means a ban, or are game data clips stored (which seems like a large overhead to me), as you can easily save chat messages as it's small text, but gameplay?
chucklepie
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Doomstrike on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:04 am

I don't have the exact details but I do know that if you report someone psyonix gets a copy of the chat logs and system logs. So for manual reviews that's what they work with. For the automated stuff its based on key words used. Some have a threshold of 1 others llike 10 or who knows more. What we do know is that you need to be reported for it to count. If you were to say 1 racial word that matched the list that triggers bans and someone reports you you will be auto banned on the next round. On the other hand you could be rasist as hell forever if no one reports you in game. Bans require a report. The non verbal bans require manual review which is why some people complain about being banned when they haven't "said anything" these are back logs that for all we know go back 6 months
Doomstrike

PSN ID: Doomstrike
Steam ID: meDoomstrike
Region: Canada West

Postby Doomstrike on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:07 am

Also I agree unranked needs work but that being said, DO well with what you can and get your hidden mmr up and unranked becomes quite decent. Mine is someone around 1400 and 90 percent of my rounds are full matches without rage quitters. Also remember in the next few weeks Psyonix is rolling out new changes which will hopefully encourage better play in unranked
Doomstrike

PSN ID: Doomstrike
Steam ID: meDoomstrike
Region: Canada West

Postby chucklepie on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:24 am

That's for the item in the dropdown you can attribute to chat, but what about 'unsportsmanlike' and the other reports that are related to in-game activities like farming, grief, non-play, etc?

Doomstrike wrote:I don't have the exact details but I do know that if you report someone psyonix gets a copy of the chat logs and system logs. So for manual reviews that's what they work with. For the automated stuff its based on key words used. Some have a threshold of 1 others llike 10 or who knows more. What we do know is that you need to be reported for it to count. If you were to say 1 racial word that matched the list that triggers bans and someone reports you you will be auto banned on the next round. On the other hand you could be rasist as hell forever if no one reports you in game. Bans require a report. The non verbal bans require manual review which is why some people complain about being banned when they haven't "said anything" these are back logs that for all we know go back 6 months
chucklepie
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby wsupchris1222444 on Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:44 pm

When me and my buddy play together he usually just goes around killing, he's not a very good player so he will just do what he does best, annoy the other team into making mistakes or just taking them out and let me do stuff. Demos can be tactical though, fucking annoying like when its a 2v1 and you're in goal and one of them goes to kill you while the other scores but not worthy of punishment
The removal of Neo Tokyo has improved the game for the majority of players
wsupchris1222444
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: wsupchris1222444
Steam ID: wsupchris1222444
Region: US

Postby Glassman94 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:01 pm

psyonix
Glassman94
Rocket-Powered