Rocket Royale

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Rocket Royale

Postby Strathmoreturf on Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:49 am

So, with the trend of Battle Royale hitting all upcoming games I thought how it could be implemented into Car-Ball.

I mean everybody wants some of that sweet Battle Royale Dollar!!

Battle Royale in simple terms is a Last man standing game-mode.

This would be more of a Rocket League spoof version and they could have a little fun with it.

Rocket Royale

A Large circular map to accomodate new game play.
6 players each with their own seperate goal to defend.
If any player scores in your goal you get demolished and have to wait unti the games end.
Defend your own goal at all costs whilst demolishing (scoring on) enemy combatants.

Thoughts?

I Like jam

Strathmoreturf
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: Strathmoreturf
Steam ID: Strathmoreturf
Region: EU Ps4

Re: Rocket Royale

Postby NoOne-NBA on Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:15 am

The group I play with plays a mode similar to this, which would require much less modification to the game itself, than your suggestion.

The mode we play uses all the normal arenas and features, except that your goal is to NOT be the one who is credited with any goal scored.
If the game says "YOU Scored", you have to go into spectator mode, and the game continues until only one player remains.
Basically you have to run out to the ball on kickoffs, overshoot it, then turn around and try to owngoal with it.
If teams get unbalanced, the low man on the team with more players switches to the opposing team for the next kickoff.

This makes it kind of a team game, in that you HAVE to touch the ball, or the game will say "Your TEAM Scored", in which case your entire team is eliminated.
It's easier to get the own goals you need, if you keep good players on your team.
At the opposite end of that, it's also an individual game because it plays to a last man standing condition, in which case that "good player you kept on your team" will become an opponent, at some point.
That creates a lot of options for "screw your buddy" tactics, as well as opportunities to "save your buddy".
You have to pick which route to go, and when.

The only modifications Psyonix would have to make to the current game would be to include a way to force players into spectate mode, if they were credited with the goal, and to force team balance between kick-offs, as needed.
Neither of those should be a big programming nightmare.

I'd still love to see an official Ping-Pong mode even more than this though.
The only modification Psyonix would have to make, to bring that one into the game, would be team-specific kill zones on the opponent's floor.
That shouldn't be a huge programming feat either.

They wouldn't even need to make a dedicated mode for either of these suggestions.
They could be included much easier as options, under mutators, for private matches and tournaments.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne-NBA-
Region: US-West

Postby BloodyBunny on Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:37 am

NoOne-NBA wrote:The group I play with plays a mode similar to this, which would require much less modification to the game itself, than your suggestion.

The mode we play uses all the normal arenas and features, except that your goal is to NOT be the one who is credited with any goal scored.
If the game says "YOU Scored", you have to go into spectator mode, and the game continues until only one player remains.
Basically you have to run out to the ball on kickoffs, overshoot it, then turn around and try to owngoal with it.
If teams get unbalanced, the low man on the team with more players switches to the opposing team for the next kickoff.

This makes it kind of a team game, in that you HAVE to touch the ball, or the game will say "Your TEAM Scored", in which case your entire team is eliminated.
It's easier to get the own goals you need, if you keep good players on your team.
At the opposite end of that, it's also an individual game because it plays to a last man standing condition, in which case that "good player you kept on your team" will become an opponent, at some point.
That creates a lot of options for "screw your buddy" tactics, as well as opportunities to "save your buddy".
You have to pick which route to go, and when.

The only modifications Psyonix would have to make to the current game would be to include a way to force players into spectate mode, if they were credited with the goal, and to force team balance between kick-offs, as needed.
Neither of those should be a big programming nightmare.

I'd still love to see an official Ping-Pong mode even more than this though.
The only modification Psyonix would have to make, to bring that one into the game, would be team-specific kill zones on the opponent's floor.
That shouldn't be a huge programming feat either.

They wouldn't even need to make a dedicated mode for either of these suggestions.
They could be included much easier as options, under mutators, for private matches and tournaments.

Yeah...we have lots of fun with this. Maybe I should try to get more of us on to play this one night again. Has been awhile...
BloodyBunny
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: BloodyBunny

Postby Strathmoreturf on Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:05 pm

That sounds like a load of fun.

Problem I have is most of my friends are off playing other games so I'm a Rocket League loner.

I presume you are playing this on PC?

Not fired the PC up for ages. It's so much easier just turning the PS4 or XBOX on and having a blast.

I Like jam

Strathmoreturf
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: Strathmoreturf
Steam ID: Strathmoreturf
Region: EU Ps4

Postby BloodyBunny on Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:42 pm

We are the PC...I had it on Ps4 first..but I cant go back and forth...runs like garbage on ps4 compared to 144hz G-SYNC monitor on PC.

I got it free for ps plus...then a few months later NoOne gave me his copy he got for pre-ordering the steam controller...since he already got it. We played Unreal Tournament together back in 2000-2008 I guess lol Played some good carball on 2k4 as well.
BloodyBunny
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: BloodyBunny

Postby E_M_E_T on Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:36 pm

1v1v1v1v1v1 Dropshot. 6 evenly divided Sectors within the Hexagonal Dropshot arena. Let the chaos begin.
E_M_E_T
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

PSN ID: merc-835
Steam ID: E_M_E_T
Region: USEast (West on holidays)

Postby Doomstrike on Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:23 am

Strathmoreturf wrote:That sounds like a load of fun.

Problem I have is most of my friends are off playing other games so I'm a Rocket League loner.

I presume you are playing this on PC?

Not fired the PC up for ages. It's so much easier just turning the PS4 or XBOX on and having a blast.

Doesn't have to be pc, you can join private lobbies as long as you have the name and password. The few times I didn't have access to my pc I played and joined from ps4 and use discord on my phone. That said...yah its horrible on ps4 compared to how it runs on pc. I dreaded every minute of it. I started on ps4 as well for the free game and played for a year and a bit, anniversary edition came out for PC and never wanted to go back since
Doomstrike

PSN ID: Doomstrike
Steam ID: meDoomstrike
Region: Canada West

Postby Tentacles on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:25 pm

Just no.
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby Burito101 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:40 am

This is a great idea except it needs to have 100 cars 50v50 with 1 goal in the center of the map. You can also have power ups that disable the enemy teams controllers, reduce their mmr without them knowing and game breaking power ups where one player can use a truck thats 10 times the size of an average car and insta demos any car on contact.
Burito101
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Return to General Discussion