NERF THE BATMOBILE IN SOLO

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

NERF THE BATMOBILE IN SOLO

Postby DEA Stormz on Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:41 pm

just played ranked solo against someone who had the batmobile. Now I am a decent player at the game ranked Diamond 2 in doubles, Plat 3 in standard and Plat 1 in solos. Before I played this guy i was winning 50-50s with no problem against other cars but when I faced a batmobile I can't win a single 50-50. This is absurd and needs to be evaluated. I understand that it is a longer and flatter car than the octane but when i faced a dominus which is similar but a little bigger than the batmobile, I had no problem against the car. Now I the player was good, I agree he knew what he was doing but i faced other good players I didnt have a problem with how the match went. If I lost to them, fine I lost and need to get better. All that needs to be evaulated is the way the batmobiles always win in 50-50s. If that can be done, awesome. If not then ill just live with it.
DEA Stormz
Supersonic
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:29 pm
GamerTag: DEA Stormz

Re: NERF THE BATMOBILE IN SOLO

Postby Tentacles on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:40 am

The Batmobile is fine, the Octane is still the best car in the game. If you were losing grounded 50s to a Batmobile with an Octane the dude was literally just better than you. Now as for the other car families they certainly all need a buff.
Image
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
User avatar
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2966
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:19 pm
Location: SL, UT
Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Re: NERF THE BATMOBILE IN SOLO

Postby NoOne-NBA on Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:51 am

Tentacles wrote:Now as for the other car families they certainly all need a buff.

Most of them already have been.

Pretty much everything that isn't a pancake is an Octane now...including the Scarab.
If ANY car in the game deserves to have a unique hit box, it's that one.
It used to be so much better than it is now, especially for redirects.
NoOne-NBA
Moderator
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2755
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:40 am
Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Re: NERF THE BATMOBILE IN SOLO

Postby Doomstrike on Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:33 am

The guy is just better at 50/50s then you are thats all, in normal circumstances if you hit identical inputs on 2 controllers to hit the ball the octane wins in every scenario except just that perfect time if you front flip in the ball and the batmoble is perfectly virtical blocking more of the surface area then the octane. There is a reason why the octane hit box is king of rlcs and that's because ball control on the ground and walls and 50/50s trumps aerial accuracy and power hits which is where the flat cars excel the most at over the octane hit box
Image
Image
Doomstrike
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:49 pm
PSN ID: Doomstrike
Steam ID: meDoomstrike
Region: Canada West

Re: NERF THE BATMOBILE IN SOLO

Postby Tentacles on Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:17 pm

NoOne-NBA wrote:
Tentacles wrote:Now as for the other car families they certainly all need a buff.

Most of them already have been.

Pretty much everything that isn't a pancake is an Octane now...including the Scarab.
If ANY car in the game deserves to have a unique hit box, it's that one.
It used to be so much better than it is now, especially for redirects.

Unless the hitboxes have been updated since the 1.39 update(https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/c ... _handling/) The breakout is in a shit position. And what the Dominus used to be good at can be done much better with the Batmobile. The Hybrid is in a good spot but the hitboxes make it way more likely to catch nose on a frontflip which should be changed.

*Current Octane advantages
Grounded 50s, light flicks, easier catches, easier flip resets, easy boomers, least likely to catch nose on a front flip.

All other families - hybrid are roughly the same type of car, however Batmobile is the most balanced out of them and able to keep up with the Octane.
*Other car advantages
*Turning(barely), air dribbling, powerful flicks, easy boomers
Image
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
User avatar
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2966
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:19 pm
Location: SL, UT
Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Re: NERF THE BATMOBILE IN SOLO

Postby Dirkened on Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:07 pm

Here's a list of the cars and their hitboxes:

Octane
Octane, Octane ZSR, Twinzer, Takumi, Takumi RX-T, Marauder, Scarab, Merc, Backfire, Road Hog, Road Hog XL, Gizmo, Proteus, Triton, Grog, Zippy, Bone Shaker, Vulcan, HogSticker, Armadillo, Tumbler, Twinzer, Jeep Wrangler

Dominus
Dominus, Dominus GT, Ice Charger, Aftershock, DeLorean, Masamune, Ripper, Hotshot, Triton, Werewolf, '89 Batmobile, Imperator DT5

Plank
'16 Batmobile, Mantis, Paladin, Centio, Twin Mill

Breakout
Breakout, Breakout Type S, Animus GP, Samurai

Hybrid
Venom, X-Devil, X-Devil MkII, Endo, Esper, Jäger, '99 Skyline R34
Rocket League Associate Community Specialist
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
User avatar
Psyonix Developer
 
Posts: 4058
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:17 pm
PSN ID: Dirkened
Steam ID: Dirkened
GamerTag: Dirkened
Region: NA

Re: NERF THE BATMOBILE IN SOLO

Postby Doomstrike on Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:02 am

woa!! wait what, I though Masamune was the original hybrid hitbox. Did that get changed, I also though Skyline was octane and jager was hybrid. Well Dono why but I swear i read that that was the case. At least Masamune I swear psyonix said it was hybrid. Oh well good to know. It now explains why with the skyline I always catch the ball on the hood and it skips it forward like crazy
Image
Image
Doomstrike
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:49 pm
PSN ID: Doomstrike
Steam ID: meDoomstrike
Region: Canada West

Re: NERF THE BATMOBILE IN SOLO

Postby Broke Unit on Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:39 pm

don’t blame a car for your lack of skill mate
Image
Broke Unit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:05 pm
Steam ID: Borane97

Re: NERF THE BATMOBILE IN SOLO

Postby Dirkened on Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:37 pm

Broke Unit wrote:don’t blame a car for your lack of skill mate


Cheeky

Doomstrike wrote:woa!! wait what, I though Masamune was the original hybrid hitbox. Did that get changed, I also though Skyline was octane and jager was hybrid. Well Dono why but I swear i read that that was the case. At least Masamune I swear psyonix said it was hybrid. Oh well good to know. It now explains why with the skyline I always catch the ball on the hood and it skips it forward like crazy


I can double check these to make sure that they're correct, but I might not be able to get back to this until sometime next week (I'm going on vacation).
Rocket League Associate Community Specialist
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
User avatar
Psyonix Developer
 
Posts: 4058
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:17 pm
PSN ID: Dirkened
Steam ID: Dirkened
GamerTag: Dirkened
Region: NA

Re: NERF THE BATMOBILE IN SOLO

Postby Galactic Geek on Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:45 am

Provide pics too, if you can. I'm a visual-minded person.
Galactic Geek
Battle-Car
User avatar
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:50 am
GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US

Re: NERF THE BATMOBILE IN SOLO

Postby Prophet 999 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:47 pm

Twinzer is on Dirkened's list twice. That must mean it has twice the hitbox power. ; )

Also for OP, ypu can't add any statistical merit to one matchup. Octane definitely holds the edge in most areas.
I don't always ragequit, but when I do, I do it in ranked.
Prophet 999
Community Helper
User avatar
Community Helper
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:58 pm
Steam ID: Prophet4321
GamerTag: Prophet 999
Region: US

Re: NERF THE BATMOBILE IN SOLO

Postby steblood on Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:29 pm

Dirkened wrote:
Broke Unit wrote:don’t blame a car for your lack of skill mate


Cheeky

Doomstrike wrote:woa!! wait what, I though Masamune was the original hybrid hitbox. Did that get changed, I also though Skyline was octane and jager was hybrid. Well Dono why but I swear i read that that was the case. At least Masamune I swear psyonix said it was hybrid. Oh well good to know. It now explains why with the skyline I always catch the ball on the hood and it skips it forward like crazy


I can double check these to make sure that they're correct, but I might not be able to get back to this until sometime next week (I'm going on vacation).


What ya braggin' foooorrrr? :yaypsyonix:
Motherboard: X299-A | CPU: i9-7900X | RAM: 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2666MHz | GPU: 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti | SSD: 500GB WD Blue™ 3D NAND 2.5" SSD | HDD: 2TB SATA-III | PSU: 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
steblood
Rocket-Powered
User avatar
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 490
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:07 pm
Location: Manchester, UK
PSN ID: steblood
Steam ID: steblood
Region: EU

Re: NERF THE BATMOBILE IN SOLO

Postby chucklepie on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:30 am

I seem to find those with batmobiles come out better in collisions, in that demos always go their way and obvious demos on them just bounce off.
chucklepie
Rocket-Powered
User avatar
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:38 am


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests