Crates - Disappointing

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Crates - Disappointing

Postby bonesOnSteam on Mon May 14, 2018 6:57 pm

I assume this post will not be allowed or will be deleted soon but I think the crates system is very unfair. Its nice that purchases go towards sponsoring tournaments and thats what this game should be about. But I have to say after $100 of opening crates, I've opened 90% rare decals and 80% of those have been for cars that I don't own and require lucky openings on past crates.

I believe this discourages many players from wasting purchased keys on the crates system. It's very unforgiving. Maybe this is the best business decision since people will continue to buy more and more keys to try to get something decent but I think this could be improved. At the very least the system shouldn't reward cosmetics for cars that are hard or impossible to obtain. Its a bit insulting. I'm okay with receiving dozens of the same skin for octane or whatever is easily available with various certifications/colors but to get so so many of a car you can't own just makes you want to stop playing the crate game.
bonesOnSteam
Supersonic

Steam ID: kbrandenburg

Re: Crates - Disappointing

Postby dr_canna_bis on Mon May 14, 2018 8:42 pm

good bye.
Last edited by dr_canna_bis on Tue May 15, 2018 10:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
dr_canna_bis
Acrobatic

PSN ID: Dr_Canna_Bis
Region: USA

Postby SeanNolan5 on Mon May 14, 2018 11:46 pm

dr_canna_bis wrote:I respectfully disagree with one comment:
Sponsoring the top .1% (so they can have tournaments) by ripping off the remaining 99.9% shouldn't be what this game is about.
It should be about the average player, the noob, the family that has fun in the evening playing a video game together.

i dont see how a small percentage of the crate money going towards tournaments is a problem for the latter.
i think quite the contrary, as you said you're sure some of the money goes elsewhere, arent you grateful psyonix give something back?

to the op,
being someone who doesnt have money to waste i would never consider buying keys.
they dont actually help you in game, and its clearly a gambling system, so for you to waste money on it and then complain about it makes me question your logic, but you made some valid points i can only agree with you, it should be improved for your sake and the other gamblers
SeanNolan5
Ryanistic
Ryanistic

PSN ID: b4_sunrise

Postby zGreenMachine- on Tue May 15, 2018 12:45 am

$100 spent on opening crates???

You could've gotten so many items you actually wanted by trading $100 worth of keys with other players
missile-guided
zGreenMachine-
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Postby dr_canna_bis on Tue May 15, 2018 6:41 am

oops....
Last edited by dr_canna_bis on Tue May 15, 2018 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
dr_canna_bis
Acrobatic

Postby dr_canna_bis on Tue May 15, 2018 6:57 am

Not sure I'd call it giving back, but I do see how many people might agree.

I look at it this way - it's using gambling profits from children to finance tournaments that if we think about it, should be profitable on their own.

The best players would still compete, even if they were the only ones financing tournaments. I suspect bragging rights and "status" are more important than cash......... and the price of Zomba wheels seems to prove it.
dr_canna_bis
Acrobatic

Postby dr_canna_bis on Tue May 15, 2018 8:44 am

oops again. Something wrong with my internet this morning.
dr_canna_bis
Acrobatic

Postby dr_canna_bis on Tue May 15, 2018 8:46 am

cncncncnc
dr_canna_bis
Acrobatic

Postby DabGod22 on Tue May 15, 2018 4:57 pm

That always happens to me but I only get raresa
DabGod22
Supersonic

Switch Friend Code: SW-4350-7493-7523
Region: US East

Postby Galactic Geek on Tue May 15, 2018 10:14 pm

The decals for DLC cars are incentives to purchase said cars - it's nothing more than a pure marketing strategy, just like their upcoming Rocket Pass.
Galactic Geek
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US

Postby Tentacles on Thu May 17, 2018 12:15 am

If rng is a problem don't open crates, buy keys and trade for the items you want. This is what I used to do before the servers started shitting on me. I have a lot of cool stuff that I use to trade up.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby bonesOnSteam on Thu May 17, 2018 1:00 pm

Sounds like a plan! Not that there's anything wrong with opening multitudes of crates, I'm glad to see this game flourishing.
bonesOnSteam
Supersonic

Steam ID: kbrandenburg

Return to General Discussion