Rocket League going to create a reward system like Fortnite?

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Rocket League going to create a reward system like Fortnite?

Postby Tangylink on Sat May 12, 2018 7:37 am

SOURCE: https://www.usgamer.net/articles/rocket ... ass-system

No... just no...

As someone who has put hundreds of hours in this game, the rewards are already crap for people trying to get into the game and are well below my expectations but hey as a companies you got to make money to “force” people into going into your loot boxes, but please don’t add a seasonal reward tier that I have to pay to get into. I already buy the occasional keys but if I have to pay to get into a premium tier of loot it’ll kill the game for me, I want to see the reward system reworked but this is not the way to do it, this screams greed more than you actually fixing the problem.

Only way I would/ could be happy with you creating a system like fornites seasonal crap is letting those that can’t afford the tier to earn it in game for free. But time will tell how greedy as a company you are.

When fortnite adopted this for me it killed the game for me as the rewards felt like crap and awarded only every handful of levels while the premium tier has unlocks at every level and much better quality of items to be earned and worst yet is you can pay to skip all of the tiers literally making the unlocks unrewarding as everyone can have them with enough money.

Just please don’t do this and make a system that works for everyone not just your company.
Tangylink
Supersonic

GamerTag: Tangylink1
Region: US

Re: Rocket League going to create a reward system like Fortn

Postby zGreenMachine- on Sat May 12, 2018 10:08 am

I don't mind the system in Fortnite because you earn weekly vbucks from the campaign and can use those to pay for the battle pass, or you can use the vbucks you gain from completing the battle pass every season to buy the next one.

But this is one of the best arguments I've seen against a system like this and honestly I'm not sure how I feel about RL doing something similar.
zGreenMachine-
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US CST

Postby Tentacles on Sat May 12, 2018 3:30 pm

You are literally complaining about cosmetics. You can play rocket league just fine without ever putting an additional dollar into the game. If companies making profit ruins it for you stay away from games.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby dr_canna_bis on Sat May 12, 2018 6:27 pm

Fortnite is a free game. Their profit in March was $126,000,000. (yes, 126 Million) - estimated to be well over 1 billion dollars for 2018 - possibly 1.5 Billion

Kind of makes you scratch your head and go "Hmm?"

I'm from a genration that believes you should pay for things and I don't spend an extra dime on loot crates.
The younger generation tries to scam everything for free but they end up spending unecessary billions.

Again, scratching my head and going,"Hmmm?"
dr_canna_bis
Acrobatic

PSN ID: Dr_Canna_Bis
Region: USA

Postby zGreenMachine- on Sat May 12, 2018 6:40 pm

dr_canna_bis wrote:Fortnite is a free game. Their profit in March was $126,000,000. (yes, 126 Million) - estimated to be well over 1 billion dollars for 2018 - possibly 1.5 Billion

Kind of makes you scratch your head and go "Hmm?"

I'm from a genration that believes you should pay for things and I don't spend an extra dime on loot crates.
The younger generation tries to scam everything for free but they end up spending unecessary billions.

Again, scratching my head and going,"Hmmm?"

The Battle Royale part of Fortnite is free and there are no loot crates in the Battle Royale mode. All of the cosmetic items can be bought outright with no RNG chance. What people choose to spend their own money on is their business so if people want to dump $20 on a fancy skin then let them. It also means the money they dump in the game keeps it running longer and the free content coming for the rest of us.

I bought the full game for like $30 and haven't spent a dime on it since.
zGreenMachine-
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Postby Galactic Geek on Sun May 13, 2018 10:49 am

I finally caved due to pressure from friends and spent money on Fortnite's seasonal pass, along with other items, even though I didn't even like the game - it cost me $30. One week later, it was all gone and the game asked me to repurchase a new seasonal pass. Biggest waste of money I ever spent!

No. Just, no...
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

GamerTag: Galactic Geek

Postby dr_canna_bis on Sun May 13, 2018 4:08 pm

As my dad used to say: "I got it for free............ I paid too much".
dr_canna_bis
Acrobatic

Postby zGreenMachine- on Mon May 14, 2018 4:04 am

Galactic Geek wrote:I finally caved due to pressure from friends and spent money on Fortnite's seasonal pass, along with other items, even though I didn't even like the game - it cost me $30. One week later, it was all gone and the game asked me to repurchase a new seasonal pass. Biggest waste of money I ever spent!

No. Just, no...

- You bought items you didn't want for a game you don't like
- The game clearly says when the season ends, and "seasonal pass" kind of implies it's only good for the duration of the season

your fault you wasted the money there buddy
zGreenMachine-
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Postby Doomstrike on Mon May 14, 2018 11:08 am

I got the game gifted to me so never spent a dime in fortnite. Best part even if you don't play the campaign as long as you sign in each day you get rewards and loot and vbucks. I played the campain for a couple weeks then didnt' touch it for 4 months. But I always logged in once a day if I was near my pc. I'm at day 115 or something like that. My last login rewards was 800 vbucks and I pretty much keep about 2k vbucks at all time and I buy dances and emotes and the odd skin here and there. Never spent a dime. I do actually like the campaign more then the battle royal part but hey when I'm not playing rocket league its fortnite that all my buddies are playing and they play the battle royal. There prices are actually pretty dam good compared to say clash of clans. I still never have and never will spend on money on fortnite but considering you can have a surplus of vbucks by having purchased the game once its kind of nice. Also from what I heave the save the world campaign will also be free later on when its released as its still considered early access.

I'll reserve my judgement until I see how Psyonix rolls it out.
Doomstrike

PSN ID: Doomstrike
Steam ID: meDoomstrike
Region: Canada West

Postby zGreenMachine- on Mon May 14, 2018 1:39 pm

Doomstrike wrote:There prices are actually pretty dam good compared to say clash of clans. I still never have and never will spend on money on fortnite but considering you can have a surplus of vbucks by having purchased the game once its kind of nice.

I think their pricing for items in Battle Royale is absolutely horrendous. About $5-8 USD for an emote? $8-12 for a basic looking skin, $20 for the best ones. Even with a steady supply of vbucks from the campaign I think the store items are overpriced af
zGreenMachine-
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Postby Nastydog2000 on Mon May 14, 2018 1:47 pm

zGreenMachine- wrote:
Doomstrike wrote:There prices are actually pretty dam good compared to say clash of clans. I still never have and never will spend on money on fortnite but considering you can have a surplus of vbucks by having purchased the game once its kind of nice.

I think their pricing for items in Battle Royale is absolutely horrendous. About $5-8 USD for an emote? $8-12 for a basic looking skin, $20 for the best ones. Even with a steady supply of vbucks from the campaign I think the store items are overpriced af

It's a free game. By making items 5$ or even 20$ is how they make their profit. They could run ads into the game and make the prices 2$ for a skin and have way less players due to the annoying ads. It's a price to pay to play a free game with extra addons.
Best Regards,
Nastydog2000

Contact me through PM
Nastydog2000
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: Nastydog2000
Steam ID: AuraPyro
Region: US East

Postby Doomstrike on Mon May 14, 2018 3:44 pm

Have you played clash of clans? its like 20 bucks for maybe getting 1 building upgraded. 8 bucks in clash doesn't even buys you 1 click while at least u get a cosmetic item or dance. But again. Don't spend 8 bucks spend 25 or so for the game and make 20 bucks a week doing nothing but signing in. OR option B. wait a couple more months and get the save the world campaign free which again then gives you vbucks for doing nothing.. I think thats waayyy better then the 10 or so gems you get maybe once a week that doesn't get you squat. To give you better comparison 1 wall upgrade for me costs me 1200 gems. 1200 gems costs me 13.99 and I have just shy of 300 wall pieces.. Fortnite rewards any day of the week compaired to that. (and no i have never spent a dime in clash but thats why after 3 years im only now at th11
Doomstrike

Postby dr_canna_bis on Mon May 14, 2018 4:54 pm

So let me get this straight. People spend money opening crates and think they are the ones receiving a "reward"?
Last edited by dr_canna_bis on Tue May 15, 2018 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
dr_canna_bis
Acrobatic

Postby zGreenMachine- on Tue May 15, 2018 12:59 am

Doomstrike wrote:Have you played clash of clans? its like 20 bucks for maybe getting 1 building upgraded. 8 bucks in clash doesn't even buys you 1 click while at least u get a cosmetic item or dance. But again. Don't spend 8 bucks spend 25 or so for the game and make 20 bucks a week doing nothing but signing in. OR option B. wait a couple more months and get the save the world campaign free which again then gives you vbucks for doing nothing.. I think thats waayyy better then the 10 or so gems you get maybe once a week that doesn't get you squat. To give you better comparison 1 wall upgrade for me costs me 1200 gems. 1200 gems costs me 13.99 and I have just shy of 300 wall pieces.. Fortnite rewards any day of the week compaired to that. (and no i have never spent a dime in clash but thats why after 3 years im only now at th11

If Clash (or other games) is worse then I really don't care, no offense. It doesn't change how I feel about Fortnite's pricing. I will never pay 800 vbucks just so I can dab on some kid after I down them :laugh:

Nastydog2000 wrote:It's a free game. By making items 5$ or even 20$ is how they make their profit. They could run ads into the game and make the prices 2$ for a skin and have way less players due to the annoying ads. It's a price to pay to play a free game with extra addons.

As I said earlier, the Battle Royale mode is free. And yes I totally understand they have to find some way to make money from players who play just the free mode, but I still feel the items are completely overpriced. I'd feel a little more inclined to spend money on vbucks if I knew I'd get more bang for my buck

Off topic now anyways
zGreenMachine-
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Postby Doomstrike on Tue May 15, 2018 10:56 am

Well its bit more then that but i get it. All i was pointing out is that the pricing isn't far fetched. 8 dollars for 3 months season isn't too bad considering what good old monthly subscriptions used to cost (and we can't forget its all optional) At the same time you can't make it something that gives you an advantage. The whole point though is that you can get free vbucks in that game without needing to purchase anything in a couple months. Right now you can't you have to pay 30 or whatever it is for the campaign that then gives you rewards for battle royal so I still think thats pretty cool. I'm hoping that RL follows the same idea. Play 10 games get 100 x points towards say RL pass that cost 1000
Doomstrike

Postby Galactic Geek on Tue May 15, 2018 12:00 pm

The problem is larger than RL; in fact, it's a systemic issue - the subscription model is the issue. Everything - from your games, TV & movies, music, to rent & gas, to, in some cases, even the food you eat, the clothes you wear on your back, & the toiletries you wipe or shave with.

Everything nowadays is not just available for a price, but is available for a reoccuring price. While this may drive costs down, the more "services" you subscribe to, the harder it gets to manage and track - and since virtually everything's using this method, companies get more powerful, and the rights of the unassuming masses goes down. Want a certain thing to go your own way? Well, TOO BAD! The days of a single purchase and exchange of goods is disappearing.

This message cost you 0.10¢.
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

GamerTag: Galactic Geek

Postby Ghostbusterboy on Sat May 19, 2018 8:42 am

Bout time this happened tbh takes forever to get drops also if theres a tier 100 Please make the grind worth it thats all we ask
Ghostbusterboy
Acrobatic

PSN ID: Ghostbusterboy19
Region: EU

Postby dr_canna_bis on Sun May 20, 2018 5:00 pm

Galactic Geek wrote:The problem is larger than RL; in fact, it's a systemic issue - the subscription model is the issue. Everything - from your games, TV & movies, music, to rent & gas, to, in some cases, even the food you eat, the clothes you wear on your back, & the toiletries you wipe or shave with.

Everything nowadays is not just available for a price, but is available for a reoccuring price. While this may drive costs down, the more "services" you subscribe to, the harder it gets to manage and track - and since virtually everything's using this method, companies get more powerful, and the rights of the unassuming masses goes down. Want a certain thing to go your own way? Well, TOO BAD! The days of a single purchase and exchange of goods is disappearing.

This message cost you 0.10¢.

Very true and very insightful.
When I was young, people didn't lease cars. They didn't subscribe to a service. You either owned something, or you didn't.

If you purchased a video game, you owned it 100%. It didn't require a subscription to play it, you didn't have to agree to terms and conditions, it didn't expire or need to be renewed.

Today we have an entire generation of kids willing to become Proles just to quench the need for immediate satisfaction. (look it up - it's an Orwellian thing) And often times, the commitment to pay lasts years.

People signing away their financial future is perhaps the most obtuse act imaginable.
Last edited by dr_canna_bis on Sun May 20, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dr_canna_bis
Acrobatic

Postby NoOne-NBA on Sun May 20, 2018 6:12 pm

dr_canna_bis wrote:If you purchased a video game, you owned it 100%. It didn't require a subscription to play it, you didn't have to agree to terms and conditions, it didn't expire or need to be renewed.

One of the first things to pop up after the release of cartridge-based home video gaming systems was rental services.
That allowed you to play the games, see if you liked them, finish them, whatever, then give them back...all for a relatively minimal fee.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Postby dr_canna_bis on Sun May 20, 2018 11:38 pm

NoOne-NBA wrote:
dr_canna_bis wrote:If you purchased a video game, you owned it 100%. It didn't require a subscription to play it, you didn't have to agree to terms and conditions, it didn't expire or need to be renewed.

One of the first things to pop up after the release of cartridge-based home video gaming systems was rental services.
That allowed you to play the games, see if you liked them, finish them, whatever, then give them back...all for a relatively minimal fee.

Many of my N64 carts were retired rentals with Blockbuster stickers on them. Conker's Bad Fur Day - who doesn't love a giant pile of poo singing opera? Maybe if RL had Bel Canto boost........?
dr_canna_bis
Acrobatic

Return to General Discussion