Controller Sensitivity

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Controller Sensitivity

Postby RL Kingzy on Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:32 am

So i have been trying to fix this problem for a very long while (since I played on console) and it is to do with how quickly I can air roll and steer without it being too sensitive. For example missing kick offs as of the sheer sensitivity. I thought that it would help upgrading my monitor so i did that (60Hz- 144hZ) and I even went to the extent of buying a gaming PC just to try and fix it.

Can someone please help me out as I have tried messing with the deadzone and all the in-game settings but that has not seemed to help me out at all and have gone on the steam controller configuration which has helped the most out of every method. The reason is because I actually felt a lot more sensitive steeering, however in the air, even though it was very sensitive, it was a touch too sensitive as i could not control myself properly.
RL Kingzy
Supersonic

PSN ID: Xx_KiNgZz_342_xX
Steam ID: jammy1112

Re: Controller Sensitivity

Postby Tentacles on Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:28 pm

Ok it sounds like your controller is overly sensitive. Do a complete reset of your controller in steam, don't use square use linear for left analog stick. In Rocket league try a deadzone of .4 and make sure all other sensitivity settings are set to 1.0. If that is still too sensitive move up to .5 deadzone. If that is still too sensitive do a bunch of training with those settings till it feels right, because at those settings your controller might as well be mud.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby RL Kingzy on Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:41 am

Okay so i have downloaded this thing called ds4windows and my controller feels perfect for air rolling and stuff but i just feel quite slow and heavy :/. Idk what to do anymore to fix this problem im having i just want the perfect sensitivity :/. I have tried so many things.
RL Kingzy
Supersonic

PSN ID: Xx_KiNgZz_342_xX
Steam ID: jammy1112

Postby xkoeckiiej on Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:25 am

out of the box the dualshock 3 has by far the best deadzone.

theres been a massive reddit discussion n shit to increase the dualshock4 and xbox controllers deadzones.
https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/c ... _diagonal/

okay i thought u needed it more sensitive. mybad i shouldve read better.

RL Kingzy wrote:Okay so i have downloaded this thing called ds4windows and my controller feels perfect for air rolling and stuff but i just feel quite slow and heavy :/. Idk what to do anymore to fix this problem im having i just want the perfect sensitivity :/. I have tried so many things.

downloading programs always adds inputlagg.
it'd be the best if u just tweak it ingame.
main: Image
ps4: Image
xkoeckiiej
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xkoeckiiej_nl
Steam ID: xkoeckiiej
Region: EU

Postby RL Kingzy on Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:51 am

Thank you very much mate, I shall check the reddit posts out :D <3
RL Kingzy