Always Carrying...

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Always Carrying...

Postby _Sniper_ on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:49 pm

BTW I suck, I am only silver... First of all, I can't seem to advance because my teammates always seem to suck and I ALWAYS HAVE TO CARRY! Why does it seem that I always am with lesser teammates? Is it just me? What can I do?
Just that random noob...
_Sniper_
Supersonic

PSN ID: sSnipesRL

Re: Always Carrying...

Postby stix_ on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:00 pm

Sorry to say man, but that's unfortunately how the game is. Learning to carry even at your level allows you to be a better teammate to those ranked higher than you. It may take a season or two to advance but the more you anticipate the easier it is to rank up.
stix_
Supersonic

Region: United States

Postby Tentacles on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:29 pm

It means you play above average, you will have a very tough struggle climbing but hey at least you are better than your teammate.
Tentacles
Extraordinarily Talkative
Extraordinarily Talkative

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby _Sniper_ on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:34 pm

Thanks guys... Also would you suggest finding a reliable partner?
Just that random noob...
_Sniper_
Supersonic

PSN ID: sSnipesRL

Postby zGreenMachine- on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:59 pm

Everyone in every game with a ranked playlist says this lol. I hear one of my roommates always raging about that when he plays LoL/CS:GO, another roommate complains about the exact same thing in Smite and For Honor.

"my teammates suck, I always lose because of bad teammates, I always have to carry, I'm stuck at [rank] because of this"

_Sniper_ wrote:Also would you suggest finding a reliable partner?

Generally the best way to alleviate the "my teammates always suck" problem is to control who your teammates are, i.e. partying up with people
bring back nonstandard maps
zGreenMachine-
Expeditious
Expeditious

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US CST

Postby BloodyBunny on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:27 am

BloodyBunny
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: BloodyBunny

Postby Scyonite on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:37 am

If you're always on the ball in an attempt to not use your teammates and try to make stuff happen, but you can't, it's maybe time to see what your teammates can actually do and play with them (instead of against them) for a change. However bad your teammates might be mechanically, if your teamplay and rotation is just as bad you're never gonna get out of the elo you're in.

You can try to find teammates that seem to be on your level and rank up with them, so you don't need to bother with the rotation of the elo you think you don't need to bother with. But if you're dropping as soon as you don't have this teammate anymore then it's still your rotation wearing you down. You can actually ask your teammate what he thinks you can do better. It's a great way of learning.
LOOK AT MEEEE
Scyonite
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Postby NoOne-NBA on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:10 am

_Sniper_ wrote:Why does it seem that I always am with lesser teammates? Is it just me? What can I do?

The best thing you can do is to find teammates you enjoy playing with, and concentrate on having fun.

If you put your focus on your ranking you'll never be happy with it, and the game will always feel like a job.
If you focus primarily on having fun, and put some effort into improving as a team, you will find that most of the necessary improvements in skill will just kind of happen in the background, moving you up the ladder in the process.

Teammate selection is the one variable of this equation over which you have complete control, provided you're playing in the team queues.
Choosing your teammates eliminates the "my teammates always suck" portion of your complaint.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Postby FlashPower on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:37 pm

I can confirm a bit the topicstarter.

In the lower ranks like silver does the carry stuff still work. But At Platin its getting more and more impossible to carry player and at this point u need a good premate to reach Diamond. Why ? Okay i put the problem, which I have. Being Level 70 with over 1000 gamehours givin me much harder smurfs and enemies + Platin is on diamond level already. And then comes your random teammate.

You COULD carry them. But they are on the hard hard topgames so bad, that they play against you as well. When you play more defense and once you try to come closer to the ball, your mate is there before you and either bumps your car away to the another side of the arena or shoot the ball away but in a way that the enemy can make an easy goal. You can play as good as you want. If your mate is like this the entire 5 minutes of the game just blind and wild rushing through the arena, you have no chance or can pray that you win wht a 1:0.

At platin you really need fix premates now, or its turning into aids so hard.
FlashPower
Acrobatic

Steam ID: gtaflash

Postby E_M_E_T on Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:27 pm

Make a tally every time you were there to correct your teammates' mistakes. Then, tally up all the times you made any kind of mistake, tiny or ginormous, where you got away with it because your opponent didn't take advantage of it or your teammate saved you.

Seriously, just do this.
E_M_E_T
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

PSN ID: merc-835
Steam ID: E_M_E_T
Region: USEast (West on holidays)

Postby FlashPower on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:36 am

I don't know what tally means, but the most time i tried to stay in the goal as well. But when your enemies are smurf-diamonds or champs and your mate is that trash I explained you - is each second game the case - then you are constantly the smashed one. Your teammate wild runs into the ball the entire 5 minutes and then you stay back in your own goal, waiting till the ball comes to you. But your fuck mate immediately starts ballchasing and when you want to get the ball to start a nice air dribble he has it before you and blindshoots it around the own goal area. For enemies in this case it is a easy game then.

Only obsessed player like JHZER or Kaydop can anyhow still do it in this brutal situation. but im not one of them.
FlashPower
Acrobatic

Steam ID: gtaflash

Postby N7Mith on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:48 am

Tally is a stripe or x on a piece of paper. He says count the times you make mistakes and your teammates have to clean up, and the other way around. You'd be surprised how even those numbers are gonna be if you're honest (and know when you fucked up)
But again; teaming up is your solution. You have complete control over who you team up with, use it.
Shabadabadoom! Merc love!
N7Mith
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Postby zGreenMachine- on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:35 am

FlashPower wrote:In the lower ranks like silver does the carry stuff still work. But At Platin its getting more and more impossible to carry player and at this point u need a good premate to reach Diamond.

I solo q'd to champ3 last season, and have done all solo q this season so far. Besides adapting to how your opponents play, adapting to your own teammates playstyles is just as important too. Sometimes it works and other times everything goes wrong.
bring back nonstandard maps
zGreenMachine-
Expeditious
Expeditious

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US CST

Return to General Discussion