Stupid Rocket League Bans

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Stupid Rocket League Bans

Postby monsterot on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:00 pm

So, I get banned frequently from online play because i rage pretty hard. As of late I have been pretty good about keeping it in. Yet, I let one word slip. I said the N word with an A not an R at the end. BOOM 72 hour ban. Is there any way to dispute these childish bans? Thats THREE WHOLE DAYS I cannot play because some kid got mad at me, and reported me for one word that some people use to be mean with. Honestly psyonix you have a LOT to work on. Your community has become so toxic, including me of course. Your way of combating that is banning people, which makes them even more toxic. Taking drugs away from a drug addict doesn't cure him. It makes him angry and want more. ( Bad analogy but deal ). Seriously though. Banning me for what more than half American teenagers say on the daily as a respectful or and equivalent term to as "dude", is stupid. Get rid of this banning system. How about you make it so we can't talk?? Then we would rage on the inside and may be more likely to hold it in. Banning me from playing makes me not want to play or spend money on this game.
monsterot
Supersonic

Steam ID: monsterot
Region: United States

Re: Stupid Rocket League Bans

Postby AlexCuse44 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:52 pm

Are you joking? You're mad because you got banned after calling someone the n word? Seems legit
AlexCuse44
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: AlexCuse44
Region: US East

Postby Tentacles on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:16 am

Literally no reason to use language like that. I'm glad your racist ass got banned.
Tentacles
Extraordinarily Talkative

Steam ID: Tentacles

Postby littlebigleg on Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:07 am

monsterot wrote:So, I get banned frequently from online play because i rage pretty hard. As of late I have been pretty good about keeping it in. Yet, I let one word slip. I said the N word with an A not an R at the end. BOOM 72 hour ban. Is there any way to dispute these childish bans? Thats THREE WHOLE DAYS I cannot play because some kid got mad at me, and reported me for one word that some people use to be mean with. Honestly psyonix you have a LOT to work on. Your community has become so toxic, including me of course. Your way of combating that is banning people, which makes them even more toxic. Taking drugs away from a drug addict doesn't cure him. It makes him angry and want more. ( Bad analogy but deal ). Seriously though. Banning me for what more than half American teenagers say on the daily as a respectful or and equivalent term to as "dude", is stupid. Get rid of this banning system. How about you make it so we can't talk?? Then we would rage on the inside and may be more likely to hold it in. Banning me from playing makes me not want to play or spend money on this game.

Don't play or spend money on the game ever again then.I am sure Psyonix can take the hit.And you wont be missed
littlebigleg
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

GamerTag: littlebigleg
Region: eu

Postby Scyonite on Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:31 am

Seriously? What the hell is wrong with all these people making a thread about trying to excuse their language in game and getting a ban? I once typed nignog in chat (I was drunk and having a laugh). I got a 24h ban. I've learned fron my mistake and keep my fun to myself (or my mates on discord). Although I believe the system could be a bit more lenient I don't go on forums; cry and believe my ego has the right to flame other people from time to time "because it's their fault they make me flame". That's just plainly retarded.
Scyonite
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Postby Tentacles on Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:34 am

Scyonite wrote:Seriously? What the hell is wrong with all these people making a thread about trying to excuse their language in game and getting a ban? I once typed nignog in chat (I was drunk and having a laugh). I got a 24h ban. I've learned fron my mistake and keep my fun to myself (or my mates on discord). Although I believe the system could be a bit more lenient I don't go on forums; cry and believe my ego has the right to flame other people from time to time "because it's their fault they make me flame". That's just plainly retarded.

If you still use words like retarded you haven't really learned your lesson, just sayin.
Tentacles

Postby Scyonite on Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:46 am

retarded/rɪˈtɑːdɪd/
adjective
less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age.

Other than me being very blunt, I think I nailed its meaning.
Scyonite
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Postby Tentacles on Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:04 am

Scyonite wrote:retarded/rɪˈtɑːdɪd/
adjective
less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age.

My point exactly. Using a word based on how a person is born in a condescending way is unacceptable. This is no different from being a homophobe or a racist.
Tentacles

Postby N7Mith on Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:10 am

Tentacles wrote:
Scyonite wrote:retarded/rɪˈtɑːdɪd/
adjective

My point exactly. Using a word based on how a person is born in a condescending way is unacceptable. This is no different from being a homophobe or a racist.

He isn't referring to a person though... And how would you call retards if not retards? The word is meant to compare someone to a mentally challenged, that's what the insult is about. Idiot is not nearly as heavy as retard. Mongoloid? Can't do that anymore because someone (not a Mongoloid) decided that the term Mongoloid was insulting to the actual Mongoloids, which ironically is completely retarded, so the term got changed to retards. Of course retard replaced Mongoloid as insult shortly after.
Shabadabadoom!
N7Mith
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Postby Tentacles on Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:00 am

Dumb AF would only offend overly religious people, instead of the 10's of thousands of people affected by mental disabilities. Just sayin.
Tentacles

Return to General Discussion