Boosters?

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Should these be added?

Yes
25%
No (Please specify reasons)
75%

Total votes : 8

Boosters?

Postby Tilts on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:42 am

Hello!
To start, this is my first post on this forum so expect the worst.

Anyway, I've recently seen a popular concept in games known primarily as "boosters". These so called boosters allow a user to temporarily boost the effectiveness of a certain task (usually drop rates, exp gain, item gain, etc.).
I was wondering if this concept could possibly be implemented into rocket league? Here are my thoughts:

- Boosters would be dropped in a similar fashion to crates, however would be somewhat rarer.

- Said boosters would appear in the manage inventory dialogue and would show the following upon being hovered over:
Length
Short description of effect

- You may only have 1 booster active at a time to prevent insane stacking or "strategic" use.

- These boosters would simply increase the chances of dropping items or crates from online play.

- Boosters may be traded with other players.
Last edited by Tilts on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tilts
Supersonic

Re: Boosters?

Postby Un-beatabIe on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:07 am

Maybe as a event drop would be nice
Un-beatabIe
Acrobatic

Postby JacobThePigeon on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:51 pm

If I'm being honest I rather just have certain weekends/dates where Psyonix increases the drop rate for a few days or so, for special occasions - which is basically what they've been doing already.

While the concept is cool, I feel like the whole process of adding boosters is unnecessary and more of a hassle than anything else.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - JacobThePigeon - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - Steam Image | Allied-Gaming Image | Luxury Auto Body Image - -

JacobThePigeon
Community Helper
Community Helper

PSN ID: JacobLePigeon
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:110014782
Region: Canada (US-E)

Postby wsupchris1222444 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:47 pm

When boosters come around you'll definitely see a lot more crate farmers so giving out boosters just wont work because of these farmers
The removal of Neo Tokyo has improved the game for the majority of players
wsupchris1222444
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: wsupchris1222444
Steam ID: wsupchris1222444
Region: US

Postby Tentacles on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:52 pm

I just don't care enough, so no from me.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby E_M_E_T on Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:02 am

such boosters would serve no purpose at all...

so what do you expect would happen? Everybody just uses boosters while they open crates, lowering the price of every item, and therefore making crates just as useless as before. You gotta understand how a completely open economy works. You can't just make things worth less or more artificially without affecting the rest of the market.
E_M_E_T
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

PSN ID: merc-835
Steam ID: E_M_E_T
Region: USEast (West on holidays)

Postby N7Mith on Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:55 am

It could work if they only boost droprates for post-match drops, stay active for 1 hour (maybe 2 tops) and can't be used during double drop weekends.
Shabadabadoom! Merc love!
N7Mith
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Postby Tilts on Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:30 pm

E_M_E_T wrote:such boosters would serve no purpose at all...

so what do you expect would happen? Everybody just uses boosters while they open crates, lowering the price of every item, and therefore making crates just as useless as before. You gotta understand how a completely open economy works. You can't just make things worth less or more artificially without affecting the rest of the market.

I may not have explained this correctly, but I never stated that you have a higher item chance when opening crates. It simply increases the postgame drop rate. Also, the boosters wouldn't stack onto double drop weekends so you wouldn't gain an advantage from using them on those days.
Tilts
Supersonic

Postby Tilts on Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:33 pm

Also, if every item was cheaper, how would that make a difference? They're all relative...
Tilts
Supersonic

Postby N7Mith on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:42 am

Tilts wrote:

Also, if every item was cheaper, how would that make a difference? They're all relative...

Keys don't get cheaper.
N7Mith
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Postby Granty on Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:48 pm

JacobThePigeon wrote:If I'm being honest I rather just have certain weekends/dates where Psyonix increases the drop rate for a few days or so, for special occasions - which is basically what they've been doing already.

While the concept is cool, I feel like the whole process of adding boosters is unnecessary and more of a hassle than anything else.

I agree, but the game should say clearly that double drop weekend is going to happen or is happening.
Granty
Acrobatic

Steam ID: olliebeastmode
Region: EU

Postby N7Mith on Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:13 am

Granty wrote:
JacobThePigeon wrote:If I'm being honest I rather just have certain weekends/dates where Psyonix increases the drop rate for a few days or so, for special occasions - which is basically what they've been doing already.

I agree, but the game should say clearly that double drop weekend is going to happen or is happening.

It does, albeit a little late with the announcement.
N7Mith
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Return to General Discussion