Maybe the new Rocket League main theme? Let's dream!

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Maybe the new Rocket League main theme? Let's dream!

Postby The Gadget on Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:08 pm

Hi everyone!

As you could guess, I'm a huge fan of Rocket League, but I'm also a huge lover of electronic music. Being myself a producer, it was inevitable at some point that my two loves meet. Then I produced a track trying to use all the most familiar and classic Rocket League sound effects, and I mixed it with my own music style. Following some feedback I had about it, I've already posted it on Reddit, and I think I should post it here!

So here is the track:

Here is the link if the embedded video doesn't work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPjHWz-HpYE

Here is the link to the Reddit post, if you wanna give me some support!
Reddit post

Consider it my tribute for the game. I really hope you will appreciate it!
I let you try to find what sound effects I used in this track! ;)
Enjoy!

:octane:

PS : I give a free download for those who guess whose voice is it at 0:50!
Last edited by The Gadget on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Gadget
Supersonic

PSN ID: Ravenzzzzburger
Steam ID: thegadgeto
Region: France

Re: Maybe the new Rocket League main theme? Let's dream!

Postby Galactic Geek on Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:18 pm

Not a bad mix. :)
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US

Postby AlexCuse44 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:35 pm

That was actually pretty good 8-)
Highest MMR: 1403 (2s)
AlexCuse44
Expeditious
Expeditious

Steam ID: AlexCuse44
Region: US East

Postby Tentacles on Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Cool idea, but dubstep is sooooo overplayed. Make it future bass or something.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby Bacon on Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:32 pm

That was pretty impressive. I like it better than a couple of the tracks in the game (although I generally love most of them).
Bacon
Acrobatic

GamerTag: VTG Bacon
Region: US

Postby zGreenMachine- on Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:57 pm

Tentacles wrote:Cool idea, but dubstep is sooooo overplayed. Make it future bass or something.

As much as I like future bass I actually really like this song :) It'd be cool if they put a fan made song into the game, even if it was just for a little bit like as a featured song or something
:zippy: NOT ACTUALLY A BERD :zippy:
zGreenMachine-
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US CST

Postby The Gadget on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:31 am

Thank you guys, I really appreciate the feedback! <3

Tentacles wrote:Cool idea, but dubstep is sooooo overplayed. Make it future bass or something.

Actually this track is pretty far from dubstep, I love and produce myself some dubstep tracks sometimes but, except maybe 2 basses sounds which could remind some dubstepy influence, this isn't dubstep. Just look at the tempo: 120 here against the 70 / 75 standard dubstep tempo. Otherwise, as a pretty big lover of this style, I don't really understand why you're saying dubstep is "sooooo overplayed", imo this genre had his climax few years ago, after the Skrillex wave. It still played here and there but today I would rather say that future bass is "overplayed" because many famous artists today are producing some kind of "soft-deep-summer-electronic-house with vocal chops". What do you think about it?
Maybe it's different from a country to another (I'm french). Anyway, music's genres evolution is very interesting!
The Gadget
Supersonic

PSN ID: Ravenzzzzburger
Steam ID: thegadgeto
Region: France

Postby littlebigleg on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:07 am

Good job.This would fit nicely into the play list
littlebigleg
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

GamerTag: littlebigleg
Region: eu

Postby Tentacles on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:53 am

The Gadget wrote:
Actually this track is pretty far from dubstep, I love and produce myself some dubstep tracks sometimes but, except maybe 2 basses sounds which could remind some dubstepy influence, this isn't dubstep. Just look at the tempo: 120 here against the 70 / 75 standard dubstep tempo. Otherwise, as a pretty big lover of this style, I don't really understand why you're saying dubstep is "sooooo overplayed", imo this genre had his climax few years ago, after the Skrillex wave. It still played here and there but today I would rather say that future bass is "overplayed" because many famous artists today are producing some kind of "soft-deep-summer-electronic-house with vocal chops". What do you think about it?
Maybe it's different from a country to another (I'm french). Anyway, music's genres evolution is very interesting!

bpm is a bit off for dubstep but 1:20 is basically dub, if you had a house beat you could get away with electro I suppose. These are the risks you take when you throw every genre in one song. As for dub basically, all American promoters can only afford to do bass shows so it's mainly dubstep in NA. I wish we had literally any other genre out here. It's depressing af.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby N7Mith on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:29 am

The Gadget wrote:Thank you guys, I really appreciate the feedback! <3

It does have a lot of the interruptions that are characteristically dubstep. That doesn't make it bad, but I feel it's more dubstep than anything else. But I'm not really familiar with genres as such, so whatever :P
Shabadabadoom! Merc love!
N7Mith
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Postby zGreenMachine- on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:54 am

I feel like future bass has become sort of a broad sub-genre. Some songs have more of a trap influence, while others are more mellow, or more wub-y (which is what I prefer). Compared to a lot of the dubstep that I used to listen to I would say this song is quite different.

Regardless of whatever sub-genre it actually is, well done :D

edit: I'm really digging your remixes of In My Head and Follow You!
zGreenMachine-
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Postby X-Ployt on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:57 pm

Nice track!

No doubt, at the very least, they would use this for a trailer. With the use of RL's sfx and soundbytes, it would make for hype surrounding a big update.
X-Ployt
Supersonic

Steam ID: X-Ployt

Postby N7Mith on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:24 pm

There have been suggestions that they should add fanmade songs, and I would very much like to see that. Some people make awesome stuff, and it would be an amazing way to discover artists.
N7Mith
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Postby Tilts on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:42 pm

That's actually a very well-made song. I am going to presume you used nexus 2 for your wobble lead? I have never seen anyone use it like that before! Anyways, I would enjoy listening to this in the mm!
Tilts
Supersonic

Postby xkoeckiiej on Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:49 am

Really nice song man :D
So many Rocket League sounds are so familiar yet alot are not (for me at least).
Fun to listen to
xkoeckiiej
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xkoeckiiej_nl
Steam ID: xkoeckiiej
Region: EU

Postby OsoMako on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:27 am

Tentacles wrote:
The Gadget wrote:

bpm is a bit off for dubstep but 1:20 is basically dub, if you had a house beat you could get away with electro I suppose. These are the risks you take when you throw every genre in one song. As for dub basically, all American promoters can only afford to do bass shows so it's mainly dubstep in NA. I wish we had literally any other genre out here. It's depressing af.

:thinking: I'm not sure you've ever been to an EDM festival then.

This track is pretty good. I'm totally down with it. I've usually got my music to 0% even though I like the RL music just because I play too much and the songs get overplayed quickly.
Steam Forum Moderator
Unite against controller prejudice, my fellow KB+Mers!
OsoMako

Steam ID: OsoMako
Region: US West

Postby Tentacles on Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:09 am

OsoMako wrote:
Tentacles wrote:
The Gadget wrote:

:thinking: I'm not sure you've ever been to an EDM festival then.

This track is pretty good. I'm totally down with it. I've usually got my music to 0% even though I like the RL music just because I play too much and the songs get overplayed quickly.

Festivals aren't to be mixed with the average "EDM" event. Festivals actually bring out good artists. I am involved(I'll leave it at that) and the majority of promoters book from Circle Talent Agency because they are soooo much cheaper than other agencies. NA is a bass country(Based solely on price).
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby zGreenMachine- on Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:25 am

Tentacles wrote:Festivals aren't to be mixed with the average "EDM" event. Festivals actually bring out good artists. I am involved(I'll leave it at that) and the majority of promoters book from Circle Talent Agency because they are soooo much cheaper than other agencies. NA is a bass country(Based solely on price).

I don't think NA is a country :mrgreen:
zGreenMachine-
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Postby N7Mith on Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:48 am

zGreenMachine- wrote:
Tentacles wrote:Festivals aren't to be mixed with the average "EDM" event. Festivals actually bring out good artists. I am involved(I'll leave it at that) and the majority of promoters book from Circle Talent Agency because they are soooo much cheaper than other agencies. NA is a bass country(Based solely on price).

I don't think NA is a country :mrgreen:

Maybe a country bass?
N7Mith
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Postby Tentacles on Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:01 am

Obviously Bass country. I need to move to Europe.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Next

Return to General Discussion