Do you think that this is fair?

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Do you think that this is fair?

Postby hromeupiru on Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:31 am

Someone is in the wrong rank, can it stop ? i don't wanna be queued with Fairy Peak, i wanna be queued with someone that can play on my level, not less, not more.
hromeupiru
Supersonic

Re: Do you think that this is fair?

Postby chucklepie on Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:50 am

What has that video got to do with it, you got beat 3-2? But that is the whole point of the ranking system, in order to move up you will at some point be given players at a higher rank and at times you will be playing with players who are better than their rank suggests due to various factors, such as team with mis-matched ranks, how long you've been in the queue...
chucklepie
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby hromeupiru on Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:41 am

chucklepie wrote:What has that video got to do with it, you got beat 3-2? But that is the whole point of the ranking system, in order to move up you will at some point be given players at a higher rank and at times you will be playing with players who are better than their rank suggests due to various factors, such as team with mis-matched ranks, how long you've been in the queue...

let me break it down for you, all of this are on video time
0:23 : clearing the ball and getting bumped by teammate.
0:28 : teammate giving ball possession to the other player.
0:48 : i say "take the shot", he didn't go for it and i had to improvise to prevent a easy kickoff goal.
1:30 : i'm clearly on my air dribble and instead of getting position to receive a pass, he attempts to steal the ball from me(at 1:32 you can see he missing, if he stayed in position we would have an open net shot).
3:53 : i spammed, take the shot and yet again he didn't went for the shot, this time i couldn't prevent the goal.

Either me or this guy aren't in the correct rank, i really doubt that i belong on diamond or higher, it is more likely that this guy belong in silver III or gold I, but he is on plat, and he ruined my game by constantly messing things up.

I have recorded the next game and yet again, another dead weight on my team.
btw: he just scored a goal because of my pool shot, if i wasn't there.
hromeupiru
Supersonic

Postby Midremit on Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:08 pm

Lets see:

0:13, you lined up straight after your teammate - mistake.
0:16, you passed it to the other team - mistake.
0:23, you wasted all your boost unnecessarily, then hit the ball to a corner where TWO of your opponents are, then hit into you teammate who could've taken the ball away from your opponents, hence taking it away from any danger. Btw, if you don't bump into him he's in a perfect position to make a save if they shoot from that angle. You shouldve conserved your own boost and taken it more slowly.
0:28, yes he passes it to the others (after you've done that twice already leading up to this mess), but you're chasing him. You could've recognised the fact that he has the ball and just wait a little bit in goal.
And do you seriously expect someone to go for a shot when you've just flamed 'great pass' to him? Get real.
3:05, you passed it to them again, leaving your mate to challenge, or choose to be out of position and be vulnerable to any kind of shot, so he did well to challenge; you don't attempt to clear the ball before it hits the backboard and again it's a goal.

Long story short - because I could go on - it's a team game, and there are different perspectives to it. Quick and correct decision making + adapting your position accordingly is everything, and you are still learning the basics from what I can see from those first 30 seconds alone.

So yes it's a fair game.
Not saying gg after a game?
Despicable.

#BringBackSARPBCItsGoodSpirit
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: midremit
Region: Europe

Postby NoOne-NBA on Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:02 pm

hromeupiru wrote:Either me or this guy aren't in the correct rank...and he ruined my game by constantly messing things up.

From the looks of it, at least to me, you BOTH belong there, and were relatively similarly skilled.

The part you always fail to grasp is YOU probably ruined HIS game too.
From his perspective, YOU gave away all three goals to the opposing team, then cussed HIM out for it, and tried to get everyone to report him.

My breakdown, from HIS perspective:
0:14 : He's waiting to play the ball, YOU fly in, blast him off the ball, then give it to the other team, while he's trying desperately to recover.
0:28 : YOU come out of goal, shadowing him, and YOU fail to save the resultant shot.
0:50 : You meander all over hell, instead of going for the kickoff, after being so hyper aggressive on every other play.
NOTE: Does he even have his chat on?
You can't just tell everyone what to do, and expect them to do it, especially when you don't even know if they can hear you.

1:24 : You go out to follow his shot, realize you don't have it, then turn back in front of him, trying to play it, rather than rotating back to defense, getting out of his way, and letting him take it.
1:28 : You hit the ball over him, toward your own goal, with two defenders waiting there.

2:19 : You crawl right up his ass.
2:34 : He makes a really nice set, and gets out of your way, so you can pool shot the other guy.
Yes, he scored a goal because of your pool shot, but you don't get that pool shot without his set.
2:50 : You miss the ball, TWICE, knock it backwards towards your own goal, then almost take him out, while panic-saving your own mistake.

3:07 : You make a perfect pass to the other team, giving them their second goal, which you dive by, trying to save it.
Then, to top it off, YOU cuss HIM out for YOUR mistake.
3:36 : He's following you up, and would have had that goal, if you'd missed.
3:52 : You spam "Take the Shot" again, but I don't see him in the slot opposite to yours, so I'm assuming he's probably spawned in goal.
Even if he did spawn right next to you, why did you not learn from the last time?

4:06 : You lose the ball during your clear, then take a tour of the opponent's end of the field, while the ball is headed for your own goal.
4:17 : You follow him out, AGAIN, and give away yet another goal.
Then, you turn on your chat, and ask the other team to report HIM?

6:36 : You completely miss the ball on the wall, then bang into him, while he's trying to field the resultant clear.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne-NBA-
Region: US-West

Postby Scyonite on Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:23 pm

hromeupiru wrote:
chucklepie wrote:What has that video got to do with it, you got beat 3-2? But that is the whole point of the ranking system, in order to move up you will at some point be given players at a higher rank and at times you will be playing with players who are better than their rank suggests due to various factors, such as team with mis-matched ranks, how long you've been in the queue...

let me break it down for you, all of this are on video time
0:23 : clearing the ball and getting bumped by teammate.
0:28 : teammate giving ball possession to the other player.
0:48 : i say "take the shot", he didn't go for it and i had to improvise to prevent a easy kickoff goal.
1:30 : i'm clearly on my air dribble and instead of getting position to receive a pass, he attempts to steal the ball from me(at 1:32 you can see he missing, if he stayed in position we would have an open net shot).
3:53 : i spammed, take the shot and yet again he didn't went for the shot, this time i couldn't prevent the goal.

Either me or this guy aren't in the correct rank, i really doubt that i belong on diamond or higher, it is more likely that this guy belong in silver III or gold I, but he is on plat, and he ruined my game by constantly messing things up.

I have recorded the next game and yet again, another dead weight on my team.
btw: he just scored a goal because of my pool shot, if i wasn't there.

I haven't even watched the replay and by seeing the comments of my peer forumers I'm pretty sure I don't need to. That said, people that often spam "take the shot" are completely unaware their teammate often is waiting on them to fully recover and rotate back. He feels he can delay his play until you're in a better position to make sure his play will be defended by you. Unfortunately and apparently when you want him to make the play you're still not in the right position for your teammate to do so. Next time you spam "take the shot" take in the moment to understand your teammate's perspective. Furthermore, letting it be known you're not content with your teammate's choices while he (feels he) can't do anything different is not conducive to your match, at all. You're just gonna make your teammate doubt every single play because he knows your expectations MIGHT be rushed. You force him to re-evaluate any play that comes to him.

Oh lul, it's legaCy in disguise. Well then, let me give you some extra advice. Maybe stopping to think about how your teammate is in the same ballgame and boat as you and how this teammate might be closer to you in skill than you think will be most conducive to your match. Much like FlashPower you just assume your teammate is less skilled than you and as a result you ruin your team dynamic. Stop thinking it's all about you and start to think about how you can perform as a team. However flawed that advice might seem to you, remember that you're playing a team game while your base expectation seems to be you have to carry. It will never work in your advantage to think like that. The matchmaking system, statistically and surely, finds people of comparable skill. You just fail to realize how other's skill comes to fruition. That's your team's disadvantage here, really.
AlexCuse44
Scyonite
Expeditious
Expeditious

Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Postby hromeupiru on Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:45 pm

NoOne-NBA wrote:
hromeupiru wrote:Either me or this guy aren't in the correct rank...and he ruined my game by constantly messing things up.

From the looks of it, at least to me, you BOTH belong there, and were relatively similarly skilled.

The part you always fail to grasp is YOU probably ruined HIS game too.
From his perspective, YOU gave away all three goals to the opposing team, then cussed HIM out for it, and tried to get everyone to report him.

My breakdown, from HIS perspective:
0:14 : He's waiting to play the ball, YOU fly in, blast him off the ball, then give it to the other team, while he's trying desperately to recover.
0:28 : YOU come out of goal, shadowing him, and YOU fail to save the resultant shot.
0:50 : You meander all over hell, instead of going for the kickoff, after being so hyper aggressive on every other play.
NOTE: Does he even have his chat on?
You can't just tell everyone what to do, and expect them to do it, especially when you don't even know if they can hear you.

1:24 : You go out to follow his shot, realize you don't have it, then turn back in front of him, trying to play it, rather than rotating back to defense, getting out of his way, and letting him take it.
1:28 : You hit the ball over him, toward your own goal, with two defenders waiting there.

2:19 : You crawl right up his ass.
2:34 : He makes a really nice set, and gets out of your way, so you can pool shot the other guy.
Yes, he scored a goal because of your pool shot, but you don't get that pool shot without his set.
2:50 : You miss the ball, TWICE, knock it backwards towards your own goal, then almost take him out, while panic-saving your own mistake.

3:07 : You make a perfect pass to the other team, giving them their second goal, which you dive by, trying to save it.
Then, to top it off, YOU cuss HIM out for YOUR mistake.
3:36 : He's following you up, and would have had that goal, if you'd missed.
3:52 : You spam "Take the Shot" again, but I don't see him in the slot opposite to yours, so I'm assuming he's probably spawned in goal.
Even if he did spawn right next to you, why did you not learn from the last time?

4:06 : You lose the ball during your clear, then take a tour of the opponent's end of the field, while the ball is headed for your own goal.
4:17 : You follow him out, AGAIN, and give away yet another goal.
Then, you turn on your chat, and ask the other team to report HIM?

6:36 : You completely miss the ball on the wall, then bang into him, while he's trying to field the resultant clear.

0:14 i got bumped, so yeah not my fault.
0:28 yeah he had the possession, i was positioning to receive a pass, but he threw the ball away.
0:50 it is not my problem, if he has chat disabled then it is unsportmanlike conduct, communication is a essential part of the game.
1:24 i was rotating back then i got bumped again?( are you color blind or something?)
1:28 oh sorry for not trusting my useless teammate to clear the ball and start a counter attack, and yet i made this and prepared a juicy pass for a open net shot.
2:19 ?????
2:34 come on you can't really believe what you said, you know that he was past the ball and would not make a goal.
2:50 i got bumped again, are you serious?, then i knocked the ball to my back wall so they cant have a angle, i expected a teammate to clear it, since i hadn't i saved the goal myself.
3:07 you can see that my pass was perfect for my teammate, but he was not fast enough, but i admit it was a mistake doing it.
3:36 yeah that is okay. but if i missed or someone from the other team reached the ball first then it would be an open net shot.
3:52 yeah i said it again on the same situation, even with chat off, he could deduce from the previous play(from 0:50).
4:06: i'm pretty sure that you can't see blue color properly, i rush to the mid field boost while bumping the one player of the other team.
4:17 my mistake there.
6:36: i noticed the other player coming, if i shot from the wall he probably would intercept and redirect, giving the ball to the opponent.

Yes i made some mistakes on this game, but not compared to my teammate, he was pretty much useless and you know it.
hromeupiru
Supersonic

Postby NoOne-NBA on Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:44 pm

hromeupiru wrote:0:14 i got bumped, so yeah not my fault...

I'm just giving you HIS biased perspective, in the same manner you've given us YOURS.

HIS perspective is entirely different than yours, especially if you're both looking to blame the other for whatever happens.
That is doubly true when there is any kind of distance or orientation affecting the viewing process.

A good case in point for that is your bump at 0:14.
The ball was in front of him, and he likely had his ball cam on, so he had no way of seeing WHY you blasted him from behind.
For all he knows, 14 seconds in, he just has an impatient, ball chasing ******* for a teammate.
That same kind of perspective will taint all the other incidents I described, regardless of what YOUR perspective on them was.

Good teammates look at those things, and shrug them off, because they happen to all of us.
Bad teammates cuss out each other out, and implode.
Can you guess which of those best describes YOU?
NoOne-NBA

Postby Scyonite on Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:31 pm

hromeupiru wrote:Yes i made some mistakes on this game, but not compared to my teammate, he was pretty much useless and you know it.

Yet he's not and this very thing is the worst part of your team's game. You fail to see how biased you are and as a result most team dynamics with you are not balanced whatsoever. You make up reasons in your defence when you make mistakes, but you wouldn't accept the same kind of reasons in a teammate's defence in any way. That's the crux of the problem for you.
AlexCuse44
Scyonite
Expeditious
Expeditious

Postby hromeupiru on Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:37 pm

NoOne-NBA wrote:
hromeupiru wrote:0:14 i got bumped, so yeah not my fault...

I'm just giving you HIS biased perspective, in the same manner you've given us YOURS.

HIS perspective is entirely different than yours, especially if you're both looking to blame the other for whatever happens.
That is doubly true when there is any kind of distance or orientation affecting the viewing process.

A good case in point for that is your bump at 0:14.
The ball was in front of him, and he likely had his ball cam on, so he had no way of seeing WHY you blasted him from behind.
For all he knows, 14 seconds in, he just has an impatient, ball chasing ******* for a teammate.
That same kind of perspective will taint all the other incidents I described, regardless of what YOUR perspective on them was.

Good teammates look at those things, and shrug them off, because they happen to all of us.
Bad teammates cuss out each other out, and implode.
Can you guess which of those best describes YOU?

Except that ALL my comments were not biased, they are objective, not subjective, i have the video proof of everything that i mentioned.
btw, today i played 3 matches, 1 with a really nice teammate, 2 with TERRIBLE teammate.
One thing is miss a ball in one shot, fail a flick, other thing is play like a silver on platinum.
He don't deserve to be at that rank.

Edit: another match, another useless piece of garbage as a teammate, i can upload the video if anyone doubt.
Edit2: another match, and yet a pile of garbage as a teammate, i can also upload the video, but i abandoned the match, im pretty sure that my account is flagged as "THROW GARBAGE AT HIS TEAM"
I wish i could cashout the money that i put on this game, refund and never play it again, the matchmaking system is obviously broken.
hromeupiru
Supersonic

Postby Tentacles on Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:38 pm

You have just as many mistakes as your teammate based on video proof. If you aren't willing to watch your own replays and see how you can improve you will never climb.
Tentacles
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby Scyonite on Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:28 pm

hromeupiru wrote:Except that ALL my comments were not biased, they are objective, not subjective, i have the video proof of everything that i mentioned.

The fact that you don't doubt your subjectivity is reason enough to re-evaluate yourself. Everyone is subject to subjectivity, that's the definition of subjectivity in a way. Even without this claim, you extremely underestimate your subjectivity.

Even so. What rank is this? Plat 1? Gold somewhere? What do you stand to gain with diamonds and champs giving you advice while saying "No, you're wrong! Your analysis on why I lost is wrong, I know better!" yet everything you try seems futile. There's an explanation for your losses. It's called Dunning-Kruger. If that url seems too incomprehensible to you: here, one you might understand. You need a wake-up call. You completely fail to assess yourself, this game and your teammates.
AlexCuse44
Scyonite
Expeditious
Expeditious

Postby littlebigleg on Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:03 am

Bet you report for Unsportsmanlike conduct every game you lose?
littlebigleg
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

GamerTag: littlebigleg
Region: eu

Postby Hydroxyde on Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:17 am

I think is fair
Hydroxyde
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: hdxyde
Region: Chile

Postby littlebigleg on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:05 am

yup fair.Hard to tell who played better
littlebigleg
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

GamerTag: littlebigleg
Region: eu

Postby NoOne-NBA on Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:06 am

hromeupiru wrote:One thing is miss a ball in one shot, fail a flick, other thing is play like a silver on platinum.
He don't deserve to be at that rank.

You were "playing like a Silver" every bit as much as your teammate, in that video.
I base that observation on the hundreds of hours I've spent actually playing with Silvers.

I'm mid-Plat in 2s, and play regularly with people ranging from Silver to Champion.
Silver players are the ones who run out of goal behind me, trying to "cover for me", only to have the ball put in over their head, like what happened to you repeatedly.
Platinum players constantly analyze the situation, so they can make informed decisions, as much as possible.
This is especially true when they have a questionable teammate.
They sure as hell don't run out of goal, to "receive a pass", after seeing their teammate hand the ball to the other team repeatedly.

Watching that video, I would much rather have the teammate you're complaining about on my team, than you.
I can play to his strengths, and cover for his inadequacies, because both are consistent, and relatively predictable.
Your actions are all so random, and unpredictable, I wouldn't know what the hell to do with you, at any given moment.
NoOne-NBA

Postby Achenar459 on Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:26 pm

People who play with better friends can get 'pulled' up to their rank (same goes with rando's, but not as consistently).

Expect bad teammates and ball chasers all the way up through at least Diamond III.
R.I.P. Neo Tokyo Your presence in the competitive playlist will ever be missed.
Achenar459
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Achenar459

Postby Achenar459 on Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:41 pm

Ok I actually watched through your entire video. The other team was bumping both of you guys a lot, which makes me think you were getting frustrated in general. At the start of the game you were shadowing your teammate way too closely. At the ~2:30 kickoff, you told your teammate to take the kickoff when he was obviously behind you and it was your kickoff. You gave a hit, passing the ball to the other team so they could score twice. They scored a third time when you went for boost & bumps instead of rotating back. Once you were frustrated (with him) you were pushing into his bubble trying to take his shots b/c you didn't think he could do it himself. He definitely wasn't solit in his plays/hits, but the reason for your loss wasn't b/c of him.
R.I.P. Neo Tokyo Your presence in the competitive playlist will ever be missed.
Achenar459
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Achenar459

Postby Spiffers on Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:02 pm

Heck, expect bad teammates literally everywhere. People get moved up and down all the time for all sorts of reasons - luck, good or bad streaks, playing at different times of day, whatever. Even just not synergizing can make someone FEEL like a bad teammate if it gets bad enough. Also, as someone who is in Diamond 3, and have been in it solid long enough that I'm surprised I haven't had a win-streak solid enough to get me a peek at Champ, I am decently inconsistent, and have frustrated enough people who have called me trash in the first minute, then I just have that moment where I dangle the entire enemy team, and it's all good again.
Spiffers
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Spiffers
Region: Canada

Return to General Discussion