Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Re: Ranked is full of absolute garbage players

Postby Mantus on Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:39 am

Midremit wrote:Mantus, Flashpower, Greek;

Take this guy's approach, he'll overtake you in no time at all.

https://psyonix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=43877

Or even mine. Saw that I couldn't get out of c2.

FUCKING SMURFS ALL OF THEM was the first thing I thought of, then I started playing 1s... You know, to improve my mechanical skill. Must've been platinum level before...

And to add some psyonix complaints, I got banned because my game crashed at the fkin loading screen. Completely ridiculous and they should fix it, as it wasn't the first time this has happened.

Felt I had to say this because I felt left out by :mrgreen:

Except for that he won't. If I were replying to him I would tell him to practice ground shots training pack by Poquito. It teaches you that you have to be above the ball most of the time, or using air roll left or right to better control your dodge roll aim. Then I would recommend practicing "Redirect Consistency" by Wayprotein | A&M. Practice each shot normal and then turtle (so he learns to fly upside down and backwards) until he can redirect the ball where he wants it to go. He won't have to worry about goal tending training as he'll be very capable of saving goals if he masters the Redirect Consistency pack. Not only that but he'll be able to redirect all of his clears and saves into a direction he deems fit to keep foes from scoring off of his clears. Then I would recommend to practice "Aerial Shots -Pass"" by Poquito both regular and turtle again, he'll be a master of flying if he follows all of this through and he'll be able to hit shots that people call him a smurf and ask why am I getting teamed against guys doing this shit? True story. Next is workshop dribbling challenge 2 by French Fries. Then it's "Air Dribble" by L APAHCHHI L followed by "Fluump AIR&WALL DRIBBLES" by THEJROBINSON. After that it's "AERIAL OFF-WALL" by Wheelchair {LFLEGS}. When he has all of that mastered he can then go into "AIR DRIBBLINGS [XXL-PACK] by JAYLESS. After He's ground to air and wall to air.. he can go into ceiling shot training packs. Then finally he can start wasting his life away practicing flying in workshop obstacle course 1 by unknown. Tell him to after he's done to practice it freestyle. and by now you know Im better than you..

No I don't think Im a pro or champ. I just know Im not silver 2 and I know psyonix is teaming me with garbage to derank me to silver 2 so I can be called a smurf and asked if I will play 2s with garbo so I can carry them. But I bet you don't practice squat and psynoix gifts you your rank to drag down better players. So you don't have to practice and spend most of your time on the forums telling those of us that do that we need to get gud.
Mantus
Acrobatic

Steam ID: dreadonly1
Region: South West

Postby Scyonite on Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:41 am

Mantus wrote:We can assume that we are equally understand this by the simple reality that we recognize an artificial balancer

Look he tried to fix it but it's still a grammatically incorrect sentence.

Mantus wrote:Let us now ponder or celebrate how many people posting here noticeably have a college degree in psychology that post here on video game forums and post again so noticeable in the same manipulative structure as the moderator does. Oddly.

Oh but I do almost have my BSc in Biomedical Science with a psychology track.

Mantus wrote:There's been nothing desperate in my explanation.

Can't you read? That was aimed at us being desperate. -> "At this point I won't come back if you're going to be flaming the people that are trying ever so desperately to try and explain how it works"

Why do you think I'm trying to control you wut? I'm trying to show you a different mindset, a mindset that most pros incorporate in their play.

Scyonite wrote:You play this game with one to two other people. Winning a match comes down to what team is better at reading the pitch (including the team itself), better at applying its talents and better at creating and capturing opportunities, the latter of which you really need a coordinated team for, but once you do any team like this beats a team that is incapable of the same.

You think any pro would disagree with me here? If not, then why are you sticking to a mindset that seems to be the perpendicular of this one? Surely it's hard to incorporate it in Gold with randomers, but I'm sure I can make it work to a degree that lets me win matches. I don't whine in between and during matches and let my teammates play. I wouldn't want my negativity regarding one teammate whiff scrubb off of the same teammate and alter his/her play.

Hydroxide wrote:I hope you realize what you are doing wrong, that way you can start enjoying the game again.

I hope so too. I fear this day may never come, however.
What does one put here normally?
Scyonite
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: Scyonite
Region: EU

Postby Midremit on Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:28 am

Mantus wrote:
Midremit wrote:Mantus, Flashpower, Greek;

Take this guy's approach, he'll overtake you in no time at all.

https://psyonix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=43877

Or even mine. Saw that I couldn't get out of c2.

FUCKING SMURFS ALL OF THEM was the first thing I thought of, then I started playing 1s... You know, to improve my mechanical skill. Must've been platinum level before...

And to add some psyonix complaints, I got banned because my game crashed at the fkin loading screen. Completely ridiculous and they should fix it, as it wasn't the first time this has happened.

Felt I had to say this because I felt left out by :mrgreen:

Except for that he won't. If I were replying to him I would tell him to practice ground shots training pack by Poquito. It teaches you that you have to be above the ball most of the time, or using air roll left or right to better control your dodge roll aim. Then I would recommend practicing "Redirect Consistency" by Wayprotein | A&M. Practice each shot normal and then turtle (so he learns to fly upside down and backwards) until he can redirect the ball where he wants it to go. He won't have to worry about goal tending training as he'll be very capable of saving goals if he masters the Redirect Consistency pack. Not only that but he'll be able to redirect all of his clears and saves into a direction he deems fit to keep foes from scoring off of his clears. Then I would recommend to practice "Aerial Shots -Pass"" by Poquito both regular and turtle again, he'll be a master of flying if he follows all of this through and he'll be able to hit shots that people call him a smurf and ask why am I getting teamed against guys doing this shit? True story. Next is workshop dribbling challenge 2 by French Fries. Then it's "Air Dribble" by L APAHCHHI L followed by "Fluump AIR&WALL DRIBBLES" by THEJROBINSON. After that it's "AERIAL OFF-WALL" by Wheelchair {LFLEGS}. When he has all of that mastered he can then go into "AIR DRIBBLINGS [XXL-PACK] by JAYLESS. After He's ground to air and wall to air.. he can go into ceiling shot training packs. Then finally he can start wasting his life away practicing flying in workshop obstacle course 1 by unknown. Tell him to after he's done to practice it freestyle. and by now you know Im better than you..

No I don't think Im a pro or champ. I just know Im not silver 2 and I know psyonix is teaming me with garbage to derank me to silver 2 so I can be called a smurf and asked if I will play 2s with garbo so I can carry them. But I bet you don't practice squat and psynoix gifts you your rank to drag down better players. So you don't have to practice and spend most of your time on the forums telling those of us that do that we need to get gud.

Well, I'll give you yet another reasonable reply... Though at the end I got to a level resembling yours.

I only got out of platinum (october/november 2017) after I realised how to defend those super insane ceiling shots or air drags.

Pretty easy though, you wait above your goal/at the back wall until he's almost there... He's then out of boost and completely out of position so you can start a counter attack after you've had the easiest of blocks. It's also the reason why you never see those attempts being succesful after platinum/diamond (it happens on occasion there). Flying is overrated, which I blame Joni/Lach for. Has been since the early days of sarpbc. It's proper defending that gets you ranked up, or at least doesn't get you demoted.

I'm also called a smurf by some former GC's after I beat them in ones (true to an extent, I am a very experienced sarpbc vet afterall), but you're really mistaken if you think that aerial play is the most important skill or whatever. This is why we're asking you, I do it now for the umpteenth time, for actual footage of you playing, winning or losing, so we can actually give you advise.

And for your dig at me of not practising, I just told you that I can't get out of c2 (pretty low considering I used to play a lot with quite some early pros/actual gc's). My reaction to that was playing 1s - as I said before - and, believe it or not, doing that dribbling challenge over and over again - pretty hard with an old ps3 controller by the way. Me dragging down better players? Could be, everyone has bad days. Though they don't seem to mind as they keep asking me to team up.

Again, provide us some footage - you winning or losing, doesnt even matter - and we'll be glad to help.

But of course you'll debunk 8 years of experience, combined with the other replies about 800 years, with some more bullshit, although we'd be happy to be surprised.

Question for you:
Why are you wasting your time being so cynical?

No need to get gud, 'get a life', or 'get some sense' would be far more appropriate.

Ps, since you seem to care; 2 master degrees, one in electromechanical engineering the other being an MBA. Don't share IQ stuff, but have been tested... I'm also a Belgian speaking 5 different languages, though not perfect, so apologies for any linguistic mistakes.
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: midremit
Region: Europe

Postby Midremit on Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:30 am

zGreenMachine- wrote:
Midremit wrote:Felt I had to say this because I felt left out by :mrgreen:

didn't forget, sorry <3 just gave some brief examples

I forgive you <3 :yaypsyonix: :pimp: :scarab:

This thread just keeps on delivering doesn't it?
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: midremit
Region: Europe

Postby FlashPower on Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:26 pm

IT is how it is and I mentioned. Platin 1 Div 3 you already fight with a random disoriented against Diamond player. Each second game one makes the 45 flick shot as well almost. Absolutley Platin lowkey gameplay ofc.

Game is just too old now the distance between diamond and platin is not much anymore is little things. When you play with randsom Top class skill is minimum requirement now. Without high IQ and speed skill you lose even all platin games on rankeds.
FlashPower
Acrobatic

Steam ID: gtaflash

Postby xkoeckiiej on Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:57 pm

FlashPower wrote:IT is how it is and I mentioned. Platin 1 Div 3 you already fight with a random disoriented against Diamond player. Each second game one makes the 45 flick shot as well almost. Absolutley Platin lowkey gameplay ofc.

Game is just too old now the distance between diamond and platin is not much anymore is little things. When you play with randsom Top class skill is minimum requirement now. Without high IQ and speed skill you lose even all platin games on rankeds.

I heavily disagree :D.

You don't need an iq and speed in platinum. You just need a little bit of game sense.

main: Image
ps4: Image
xkoeckiiej
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xkoeckiiej_nl
Steam ID: xkoeckiiej

Postby Tentacles on Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:54 pm

Still no replays, just saying. It's almost as if you all don't want to be proven wrong.
Tentacles
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby Scyonite on Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:11 pm

They're afraid and probably know their replays will be comprehensively and objectively combed through to the point they might have to submit to our reasoning.
Scyonite
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby Doomstrike on Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:27 am

Man you go away on vacation for 1 week and this is what you have to deal with...
Let's try this again.
Mantus wrote:Youre opinion is wasted in the fact that while PSYONIX 100% set me to downrank with a 50 game losing streak after I complained here on the forums. I logged into a 2nd account and played from scratch to plat2, and both accounts were in solo standard. So my skill level on 1 account is to downrank from plat 2 to silver 2 my skill level on a different account was to rank up to plat 2? LOL that's proof right there that psyonix not only is manipulating ranks but has the mechanics to decide what rank any player will be. F U Psyonix.

In fact they're lucky I don't have the money to take a million dollar company to court or I would be bending them over a jury box right now. To do that to a customer is immoral and fraudulent.

So this is why I said you were a trolling. I never said you lied that is what you assumed. I told you why they wouldn't do this to you.

Mantus wrote:The sad part is true and I invite PSyonix right now to look under my billing information and deny it. I challenge psyonix right now to say that I didn't get deranked on my main account, the day after I posted that their ranking system is toxic and creates toxicity in children, from plat to silver 2.. While at the same time I ranked a second account under the same billing information and IP up to plat 2.

This is just a repeat of before, its BS psyonix isn't targetting you or else people like Tenticals and few others would be stuck in perma bronze. Just doesn't happen. You saying Psyonix is targeting you is the lie, that is the only thing I ever ever said. Now I have called you a liar. I don't care about your mmr theories MMR this was never it.

The bs you spew about being targeted is the only part I cared to address which I quoted you on. I never used the word liar I called you a troll because you have to be trolling to say some of the stuff you have been spewing

Mantus wrote:I don't care what you think is pathetic. I think it's pathetic that a million dollar company would take there time out to harass players who are critical of their game.... and even more so fraudulently sell them a product that they then directly cheat them at while they use a forum account to call the player, they are currently cheating, a liar, when that person, that they did cheat, brings it to public attention.

Its this that I can call out right lying. Psyonix isn't "cheating or fraudulently selling you a product. This is the crap that I was talking about trolling. You have no proof you are just angry and spew lies about Psyonix targeting you. This is what I told you to stop doing because you are accusing a company of doing something that we have repeatedly told you isn't happening and no I'm not an employee either, not how forums work.

Mantus wrote:
Yeah, but what we're not talking about, and how such a pile of shit company can decide it's legitimate to do this to you is.. How fun is it really for you and what are they trying to achieve by putting you through this? You know damn well you should be creaming golds yet here are some teammates to make sure you lose. No matter what the advise is or how anyone else perceives you should get better to climb out of it.. This garbage company is already putting you through something you should not be going through.

again with the name calling, also MMR is to put you in where you belong, NOT something to steadily climb out of. It's not if I play 50 games I will have moved up X amount of spots. MMR tries to keep you win loss ration at 50/50 if you win 1 and lose 1 and keep that up you are exactly where you belong, you are never intended to just gradually climb over time. If you don't improve 50 games later you should be in the same spot. If you magically improve then you will climb until you plateau out and stay at that next spot until you skill improves again.

The reason I asked you to post your actual profiles is so we can go to sites like https://rocketleague.tracker.network/

where we can actually see your game history. That way we can see that nice little drop in ranks you are talking about and your avg rating and all that good stuff. In fact you could go to that site then link us all your profiles because if i just search for Beef Supreme for example that isn't your steam profile so I can't find it
Doomstrike

PSN ID: Doomstrike
Steam ID: meDoomstrike
Region: Canada West

Postby FlashPower on Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:20 pm

Tentacles wrote:Still no replays, just saying. It's almost as if you all don't want to be proven wrong.

The only reason i cant show is, my net is too slow 50k and pc is not one of the new ones anymore some years old. Would take forever. I can only record a game and can get added on steam and show it with a live stream there.

But the matchmaking is always the same. My enemies mostly have diamond 1 basics in wall skills and rotation. It means you so or so need a crazy bitch skil rate. When your mate always stays on the ground and fucks and sleeps in each corner without really knowing what to do. Then you are alone on your own. You can equalize it when you have a hell IQ. I figured out, in the end the dribbles, lever out enemies is the corekey to at least win a hard game on Plat 1 1:0. The enemies know all shit and or are hardcore smurfs. The difference between Platin and Diamond is almost gone, its fucking close.

I got my replay from a typciall game. I can stream it on steam. Everything else my equipment is not good.
FlashPower
Acrobatic

Postby Scyonite on Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:02 pm

Bruv the game has replay files. The replays you create ingame you can send to other people for them to check all angles. Documents\My Games\Rocket League\TAGame\Demos. Select Date modified so that latest is on top and voila; that's your replay list from ingame, but as files. Put some files in Dropbox or OneDrive and create a link for us to download.
Scyonite
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby Hydroxyde on Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 pm

Mediafire will work just fine actually
Hydroxyde
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: hdxyde
Region: Chile

Postby zGreenMachine- on Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:26 pm

I actually have a degree too. I went to school for software engineering, and while I did take a course in psychology I didn't pay any attention... our teacher only talked about neurological diseases the whole semester (which I didn't find too interesting, no offense to anyone who does)

soooo I don't have any knowledge about how to use psychologically manipulative techniques :cheesygrin: just trying to make a point here with satire and geniusly trolling

Doomstrike wrote:The reason I asked you to post your actual profiles is so we can go to sites like https://rocketleague.tracker.network/

where we can actually see your game history. That way we can see that nice little drop in ranks you are talking about and your avg rating and all that good stuff. In fact you could go to that site then link us all your profiles because if i just search for Beef Supreme for example that isn't your steam profile so I can't find it

I actually found Beef Supreme and Taco Bendejo (I think those are the accounts Mantus referenced since they are friends with each other on steam), but I couldn't track their stats as far back as February. Mantus must have linked the wrong account in his bio since "dreadonly1" doesn't show up anywhere in Steam. And neither Taco nor Beef are friends with anyone by the name of mantus, dreadonly1, or anything similar.
whatever your heart desires. or a stat thingy if you're feeling narcissistic
zGreenMachine-
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US Central

Postby Doomstrike on Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:44 pm

Yah I just looked those up

https://rocketleague.tracker.network/pr ... 8347307471
https://rocketleague.tracker.network/pr ... 8377376724

I got better stats out of this site though that shows his loss

https://rocketleaguestats.com/profile/s ... 8347307471

The first big drop was right after the season ended, so you played placement matches and got re-adjusted in the bracket and put lower you lose most of your placement matches and at that point at the beggining of the season you gain and lost mmr like crazy, so that isn't valid. At the end of June early july he climbed back up. Then proceeded to drop,

BUT he did not lose 50 games in a row, he dropped 140 ish mmr. In a row with less then 200 games played that would only take you about 8-12 in a row to lose that mmr so say you lost 12-14 points per game it would be 12, if you lost 18 per game maybe 8. I can only go by what I see in the stats but hey maybe he's talking about something that happend 6 months ago, but none of the profiles showing list anything like that. The stats show a guy that is avg gold low Plat with peaks at times into .

So going of that info, if you look at the history Mantus was a silver player who after almost 3000 games accross 4 seasons is sitting with a skill rank that is right smack gold 3 and plat 1 skill level. Got lucky to climb higher, and the system has been correcting his being lucky and getting carried into the higher ranks before bouncing back down into the proper ranks which for him is gold 3 or plat and when you tilt its pretty dam easy to lose 5 or 6 games in a row and since his loses as far as I can tell were accross a few days who knows what could happen. Long story short unless he links other profiles the claim about 50 loses in a row just doesn't show though him droping from plat 1 to gold 2 def does show and we also know that it's only about 150 mmr that differs the 2 so quite easy to bounce up and down that much.

And no I have not out right calling you a liar I just said the stats don't show that but there are gaps that you could fill in which could explain it but I do believe you are STRETCHING the truth just a tad
Doomstrike

PSN ID: Doomstrike
Steam ID: meDoomstrike
Region: Canada West

Postby Galactic Geek on Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:52 am

I don't submit my replays for a couple of reasons:

1) My connection sucks - it takes me 30+ minutes to upload 30 seconds worth of footage at 720p. Now imagine doing that with multiple 7-minute long clips. It literally costs me money to do it, because it uses up my monthly data limit.

2) I've done it before - various pros from the Killer Instinct community asked me to do the exact same thing for that game, so I did (despite the above), and the results were less than exciting. While they were helpful to a degree, they were mostly hyper-aggressive in their approach, instead of being thoughtful and considerate ("you're doing this wrong" ad nauseum) - and I found that was very disheartening (more than help me, it made me want to quit), especially since it was made public on a forum. Based on the numerous responses here, there is no doubt in my mind that it wouldn't be any different here. It's 1 thing to offer advice, but to put me down or make me feel lower in the process by airing my dirty laundry in the town square? No thanks! It's simply not worth the trouble.

Also, it's Geek, not Greek - learn to read!
Galactic Geek
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US

Postby Scyonite on Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:01 am

Galactic Greek wrote:I don't submit my replays for a couple of reasons:

1) My connection sucks - it takes me 30+ minutes to upload 30 seconds worth of footage at 720p. Now imagine doing that with multiple 7-minute long clips. It literally costs me money to do it, because it uses up my monthly data limit.

2) I've done it before - various pros from the Killer Instinct community asked me to do the exact same thing for that game, so I did (despite the above), and the results were less than exciting. While they were helpful to a degree, they were mostly hyper-aggressive in their approach, instead of being thoughtful and considerate ("you're doing this wrong" ad nauseum) - and I found that was very disheartening (more than help me, it made me want to quit), especially since it was made public on a forum. Based on the numerous responses here, there is no doubt in my mind that it wouldn't be any different here. It's 1 thing to offer advice, but to put me down or make me feel lower in the process by airing my dirty laundry in the town square? No thanks. It's simply not worth the trouble.

Scyonite wrote:Bruv the game has replay files. The replays you create ingame you can send to other people for them to check all angles. Documents\My Games\Rocket League\TAGame\Demos. Select Date modified so that latest is on top and voila; that's your replay list from ingame, but as files. Put some files in Dropbox or OneDrive and create a link for us to download.

The replay files are 1MB in data. No need to record it. We can check all angles, not even just yours.

I will give you my word I will be objective in both the assessment and my wording. You can even send it to me in PM and I'll reply in PM.
Scyonite
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby FlashPower on Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:01 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvlb245qsh9zw ... eplay?dl=0

I am Frisbee. I must say, i did not play my best on purpose, so that you see more what happens around. You see for first, that the mates go to the ball and mostly make wrong decisions. Second is, the using the wall does almost not work anymore. They are as fast as on walls and reading balls to walls like a Diamond player.

The key is the field and dribbles. It is just who levers out who.
FlashPower
Acrobatic

Postby Scyonite on Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:09 pm

Okay I've taken a look. The general consensus is that I see disbalanced teamplay happening, which stems from you not trusting your own teammate. I'll explain every play in detail:

0:11. Good try to pass, it's a bit unfortunate you tried to pass with a drag though; this means your teammate, if he decides to accept the pass, will also have to start flying at an early point, which makes your team's play a very risky play. This is a high risk, high reward play. It's your teammate's decision for your team whether or not to accept the pass and to try and make the play happen. If this fails then surely he's at fault for not correctly identifying that he shouldn't go for the pass, but you did also sign up for that eventuality. The only way to try and defend you from being scored on if things go south is to get into a recovery rotation as soon as possible and try and make sure you can defend the open goal. You tried to score it yourself as well, so that leads me to believe you might've started this play with the intention of doing it yourself, which is fine, but given the situation I wouldn't have given you a high chance of succeeding there. If I'd been in that same situation I would've quickly seen that as soon as my teammate went up, I should use the remaining boost I have to rotate back and try to defend the possible counterattack. Surely you were still in time here, but on higher MMR levels that would've been a goal for the opponent team.

0:21. You try to start the counterattack here, which is perfectly fine, unfortunately your hit got sent back, your teammate will now think it's his turn to initiate the counterattack. He should be in a better position to counterattack their counterattack. What went wrong in the play and caused to you some distress after is that you still went for the second touch, while your teammate is under the correct assumption that you should be in a recovery rotation. Because you went and the play went south, both of you are now in a disadvantageous situation. Surely your teammate made a whiff, which was very negative, but he did it in the assumption that the play after would be taken care of by your team, you.

0:31. Didn't really have a negative outcome, but again a mismatch in expectations. Your teammate has just taken the ball from an angle you believe you can also take as an offensive play and you're right in thinking that, but because of the current situation there's no need to rush your teammate and your team, he's just gotten boost, and you don't. He does have the right of way in taking the opportunity here. After he makes his play you could've also gone up closer to him; he still needs to make something happen with the other opponent, if he decides to make it a teamplay here I wouldn't be surprised and I likely would've been there for the second touch. It's a bit of a risky play, but much less risky than the previous situation because one of your opponents is still out of the play. Having been up there with your teammate might've been a good play.

0:51. Your teammates makes a bad clear, the teammates clear is so bad that actually both you and he are out of position here. He made that mistake, not you, but you did go up on a very risky ball and failed. Your hit was countered you're still both in a bad position. I would've waited a bit before going; giving my teammate some time to get ready to defend before having to defend. If your whole play would get countered on the instant you decide not to go and it goes south because of that, you can still argue you did the best thing after your teammate made a mistake. Your teammate caused you to be out of position, but you also act on the ball when being out of position and this might cause more hardship after the whole play. You could've given your team a better position to wait out that play, if that choice doesn't pan out then it was your teammate's fault for trying to clear it the way he did.

1:01. So, you've relieved your team of all the pressure which is very good, and you want to take action in the next play. Unfortunately you were out of boost, that can happen after a good play, so you decide to go for the boost but it takes a bit longer to get it than expected, because of that happening you can't take action in the next play, given that that next play is likely to happen before you get the boost. Your teammate wants to act on the ball instead and he does, which is perfectly fine here. But if you'd either correctly landed and went for the play or rotated back immediately to get boost once you didn't have boost your teammate would've gotten a cleaner experience in making the choice to go for the play. You essentially faked him out for a few seconds and belated your teams play by a few seconds. If I'd made that mistake I would've turned around to get ready for a possible counterattack, or at least cover the teammate from a better position. He expects you to be further back as a result and wants to pass it back to you cleanly, but you're still upfield and unavailable to accept the pass. He didn't expect that.

1:21. You're covering your teammate to closely, any play your opponents might cause is likely to go past you too. You need to rotate and take a better position to cover him.

1:35. Didn't need to dodge, better to accept the ball here. Opponent team would be out of position if you'd have. Because you hit it immediately you and your teammate are out of position here. Right after you accidentally bump your teammate, that can happen. The ball is shot directly in your direction, so you try to cover it with no to little lateral momentum. Even though you'd just you hit your teammate in this play I might have still let that ball go without any try of saving it, potentially only able to fake out your teammate; your teammate would be a bit more likely to make the right play if he'd seen you weren't going to try and defend. What essentially cost you the goal was you not trusting your teammate. If you did, then he could've made the right play. You see him turn to right, right until the point he sees you jump, correctly identifying not to go for a double commit, unfortunately the outcome was set in stone because he couldn't go.

1:54 Nice defend with a very good outcome, unfortunately your teammate couldn't make it stick. In Champion I would have been a bit let down by the fact he couldn't make it stick, because a certain level of consistency is to be expected. But if this is plat then I'd not really be too surprised not everyone is able to score that. As a direct outcome he's heavily out of position, which is his bad. You try to cover a tricky hit, which I would've surely done too. Unfortunately, it becomes a bit too much of a pass and your teammate still isn't completely ready to challenge the next play. The eventuality could've been avoided given a little better execution, but it's not your bad for being unable to do so. You simply were in a risky play which was a result of his whiff in the first place.

2:12. Your kickoff, that shouldn't be happening in plat.

2:28. You get challenged before you do challenge and the ball goes past you. That can happen. You drive back downfield towards and try to save it with a very questionable angle though, your teammate does have a better angle here. I'm not sure if he wanted to go, but you did cause him to not to be able to go. If you would just be getting back to cover the boost you'd still be faking your teammate here. I'd have rotated back to the goal directly, in a straight line, showing my teammate he can try and go for the better angle.

2:36 You whiff, can happen, but I don't really think your teammate expected for that whiff to still happen in plat, nor would I. Check if your dodge deadzone is not too high, I think you tried to dodge but the game does not let you dodge given that your dodge deadzone was too high. As a result of the play your teammate has to take over and even after his first hit he still the right to take the play. You trying to take the play here causes your teammate to be out of position. Rotating directly behind him and cover the next play would've been the better option. His opportunity for a play was just as high as yours and because he'd accepted the ball it's his rotation. Unfortunately, he made a weird decision to turn left quite hard and hit you, but I don't think he expected you to be there. You got a bit lucky your opponent had a bad hit and caused it to pass to you, but in champion your play you could've been badly punished by the opponent team. Anyhow, after this whole play you get the opportunity to relieve pressure and you give a good pass, knowing your opponent was still out of position, here you trust your teammate to take over the play, and he correctly identifies you to be giving a pass.

3:01. Good and fortunate cheat. Here you do identify your teammate to be in a better position right after you hit it and you trust him to score it. You also covered your recovery rotation well by immediately going back.

3:28. Again, possible high dodge deadzone whiff. Make sure this doesn't happen. Your teammate isn't exactly sure where you are after this play and he tries to defend a potentially bad situation, he didn't know the opponents were not in position yet and that he didn't have to jump for that situation, but because you also did go in you double committed. He shouldn't have jumped, but you shouldn't have double commit when you saw him brake and try to cover the ball. You had the right of way, but it was critical to identify him thinking he needed to cover and you could've let him do that and take the ball right after he covers.

3:39. Here your teammate doesn't have any boost and you trying to make a play instead isn't exactly unexpected, but your play could've been a potential pass with a bad outcome. Make sure that if you cover by taking over you can do this for some time to allow your teammate to be able to cover your low boost play. Trying to it here yourself wasn't a bad play, but given you've taken a look at the replay, would your teammate's opportunity not be equally valid too? In the end you don't have boost either, and he could've tried and take possession in such a way to allow you to be his cover instead. Right after the play you both end up in positions you both didn't know at first who should take that challenge. Your challenge was the right play here I believe, but his position did fake you a bit, I do believe him turning away a bit later was his realization this was your play, but he was too late in doing so.

4:00. Fairly good pass for a potential goal, unfortunately teammate overextended a tiny bit for the pass you gave. He slightly misread you in the pass you gave, that can happen, but I can understand this is a validation to you that he does not belong in his rank and even though expecting he might not be, expecting him not to be is just as bad.

4:07. Your teammate demos the opponent and tries to take his opportunity, not allowing you to take a better one, which was a fault he made. But at this point in the game I would understand he's trying to mix it up or do something different in an attempt to score the next, very important, goal. I don't think he exactly understands or trusts your thought process and choices here either and this causes him to make the same mistake you do too, sometimes. Right after he does make an incredible play though, he baits the opponent team into double committing and still gets it over them. This was the most important time in the game you could've scored the winning goal. So, my question here is: did you not trust your teammate to actually make it over them? I think if I were in the game situation I might've gone ahead more because I'd assess my teammate to be winning that challenge. I wouldn't say it's bad you didn't see this opportunity, 'cause you do need experience to identify that that play was a very positive one for your team, but maybe going in with a more trustful mindset would've put you in the perfect spot to score that potential goal. He did make the mistake of whiffing the shot though, but I think he might've been delaying his shot because he thought you'd be upfield more with a better angle. He waits until the exact last moment he would be able to score and fails, and ultimately causes you to miss too. The outcome of this play was both his bad, as it was yours, but your bad could've maybe been spared by trusting him. Again though, I'm not completely sure you didn't go because you didn't trust him, but the best play was to take the ball and score it as soon as you saw the opponent team double commit.

4:29. Unfortunately your teammate here fails to take boost and challenge sufficiently well. It's his bad for not being able to do so when you expect him to be here, yes. Unfortunately, you backflipped here but I wouldn't say that's your bad. This can happen, and I don't think it's that uncommon in plat.

4:37. Do make sure in quick chat with your teammate that one of you always goes. And only one.

5:00. Only play left and I think your teammate wanted you to go, I would've thought the same here. No one would be down on the ground if you both double commit. In general, to prevent double commits, it's important that the teammate that sees the other one makes the choice of not going, given he knows you don't see him and you don't know your teammate might have or might not have the better angle. In general, in situations like this I expect my teammate to stay back and let me make the play because he knows I should be unsure what decision is the best one to make. If you don't see your teammate actively and timely take you over here, make sure to go for it.

So, the general message is this. You believe you can't trust your teammates because of bad prior experiences, but your distrust actually causes them not to be able to prove to you they can be trusted. Your assumption of them being bad causes them not to be able to show or take opportunities with the good they can do. It's a team problem surely, one could argue that a more adaptive teammate would identify you not to be trusting him and play a bit more passively. But the problem does start with you here, you have to assume your teammates got their MMR for a reason and given more time passes this assumption becomes more and more likely to be true. Essentially you have to give your teammates the possibility to make plays too and be their cover instead. If I look at your match I'd say your time spent covering your teammates is quite low, which means they either don't get the time to prove themselves or you're restricting them in their ability to do so. The problem becomes that you might be covering too far because you don't trust them, and you don't cover enough because you don't trust them. You might have to become a bit more passive in your play and actively think about your teammate's angles and their opportunities too, however bad they might seem to you. I would not say your teammate in this match lets you down particularly, I would also not really say you let him down either. Your mistakes aren't too severe for this rank right here but make no mistake in thinking you're not making mistakes, because you are, but so does your teammate too, he does. Your opponents make mistakes too. Mistakes are made in platinum. More and more grave mistakes are made in Bronze. Less and less grave mistakes are made in Champ. But everyone makes mistakes, make sure to give your teammates the benefit of the doubt and I'm sure your experience will merit from this too. Not even purely in a gameplay sense, but also in a mindset sense. In a certain way I'd say my approach in the analysis of your replay is just a higher state of mindfulness regarding the game. Pro's might be able to give even more insight than what I am capable of, my insights are subjective too. I'd be mistaken in saying my analysis is purely objective because of the fact I'm just a C2. But I believe a lot, really, a lot of Champion players would agree with the insight I provide here. Please do take that in mind.

The best way for you to improve would either be watch lots of replays from your teammate's angle, or find a teammate of similar skill to play with (he has to be rotationally sound) and ask him to point out where he believes he's got a better angle but was not able to capitalize on his angle.

Also, I don't have a credit card but I'd definitely take a paypal fee. :yaypsyonix: jk

One other, very important realization for you should be that; in every possible aspect of the game the replay you sent here does not even closely match top level gameplay. Have you seen S6 RLCS? Do you honestly believe your opponent team applies rotation and mechanics to the same degree as RLCS? Because I do believe you're trying to make that claim. Or at least heavily overexaggerate it. The fact that wall plays are not made here is because no one on either team feels they have the capability to make consistent and unrisky wall plays, probably, in my opinion. There's so much still to learn. For every member of this replay: any player thinking that he's not a part of the less than top level plays because his teammate sucks will stagnate as a result because of that very mindset. You gotta stop thinking other factors are limitating you, and start looking inwards. You're the only one that can better your match experience once the match is made.
Last edited by Scyonite on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Scyonite
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby Galactic Geek on Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:00 pm

To my knowledge, I can't share the 1mb file on Xbox, which means I am still stuck recording a much larger file, and without all of the angles.
Galactic Geek
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US

Postby Scyonite on Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:56 am

Galactic Greek wrote:To my knowledge, I can't share the 1mb file on Xbox, which means I am still stuck recording a much larger file, and without all of the angles.

My bad, I didn't realize you were on Xbox. I did a quick search and indeed the only way to show your gameplay would be to record it.
Scyonite
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion