Halp pls! :o [not important]

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Halp pls! :o [not important]

Postby lordnoob on Wed May 16, 2018 5:11 am

Hi! i'm actually plat 3 ("bah, git gud!" yeah that's why i'm here x) ) , and i think i'll be diamond 1 quite soon. the problem is that i feel i'm not ready for diamond, i feel like i'm stuck between the plat and diamond skill levels /: I need your help!
in casual matchmaking i'm usually playing with diamond peops, and i feel there are 2 things (one of which i'm not sure) i'm messing up and they don't:

- passes from the wall when you just defended (usually in the corner or just a bit forward of it). first of all i'm bad at wall hits (the wall hits where you need to do an aerial from the wall), i miss too much of those. does anyone knows a good way to train this?
and also, i know you have to make passes instead of just throwing the ball away like a goat, but how do i do the infield pass from the wall when the ball is stuck against the wall? (not sure i'm using the good word here but i hope you understand what i mean)
also if my mates are both in a defensive position (more far from me than the opponents are) how do i make the pass from the wall? :o is there a way? or is it just better to throw it away in this case?

- rotation? like i said i usually play with diamond peops in casual games, and usually i'm fine with their way of playing/rotating, but sometimes i feel like they don't rotate, or poorly. and i'm guessing if they're doing it wrong or if that's me. are the diam's rotations different from the plat's rotations? could you give me the exact definition of a diamond rotate pls?

I know i'm asking a lot and that's not so important, but i'd appreciate much any help! So thank you! :D
also i'm sorry about my poor english, i hope my text was clear enough ^^'
and if i'm not in the correct section please let me know!

thank you!
lordnoob
Acrobatic
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:03 am
Steam ID: Hearth
Region: EU

Re: Halp pls! :o [not important]

Postby Doomstrike on Wed May 16, 2018 8:52 am

Free play and check out trainning packs for wall hits is your best bet there. The one tip I would give you is that always try to come from below the ball on wall hits that way you hit it up and not just sideways and straight down. In field passes from the wall are pretty tricky and usually specially in plat and low diamond just smash it to the other end as hard as you can. Likely hood of a team mate expecting or being ready for a quick in field pass from the wall is unlikely.

Rotations get bit more complicated in the higher tiers. Its not the simple hit the ball book it back to 3rd position because as you start playing against better people specially ones that dribble you can't just turn and run unless you have super tight rotations. Don't give your opponent a free run back to your net because you are rotating back and your team mate is sitting at mid field or further back. Force an early challenge so it forces them to make a move, usually a flick or dribble move of some sort. This then makes it super easy for your next teammate to intercept before they recover or make the next hit. BUT obviously it comes down to field and positional awareness. If your teammate is right there ready to challenge then you obviously don't want to take you or your teammates out of the play by making a challenge as well and ending up centering the ball for the other team while you and whoever ends up out of position. Just comes down to practice
Image
Image
Doomstrike
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:49 pm
PSN ID: Doomstrike
Steam ID: meDoomstrike
Region: Canada West

Re: Halp pls! :o [not important]

Postby xkoeckiiej on Wed May 16, 2018 11:58 am

lordnoob wrote:Hi! i'm actually plat 3 ("bah, git gud!" yeah that's why i'm here x) ) , and i think i'll be diamond 1 quite soon. the problem is that i feel i'm not ready for diamond, i feel like i'm stuck between the plat and diamond skill levels /: I need your help!
in casual matchmaking i'm usually playing with diamond peops, and i feel there are 2 things (one of which i'm not sure) i'm messing up and they don't:

- passes from the wall when you just defended (usually in the corner or just a bit forward of it). first of all i'm bad at wall hits (the wall hits where you need to do an aerial from the wall), i miss too much of those. does anyone knows a good way to train this?
and also, i know you have to make passes instead of just throwing the ball away like a goat, but how do i do the infield pass from the wall when the ball is stuck against the wall? (not sure i'm using the good word here but i hope you understand what i mean)
also if my mates are both in a defensive position (more far from me than the opponents are) how do i make the pass from the wall? :o is there a way? or is it just better to throw it away in this case?

- rotation? like i said i usually play with diamond peops in casual games, and usually i'm fine with their way of playing/rotating, but sometimes i feel like they don't rotate, or poorly. and i'm guessing if they're doing it wrong or if that's me. are the diam's rotations different from the plat's rotations? could you give me the exact definition of a diamond rotate pls?

I know i'm asking a lot and that's not so important, but i'd appreciate much any help! So thank you! :D
also i'm sorry about my poor english, i hope my text was clear enough ^^'
and if i'm not in the correct section please let me know!

thank you!


for the passes it seems like you just lack mechanical skills which are covered by enough playtime practice, dontworry itll come.
back when rocket league was new, nobody did wall stuff except kuxir. so everybody had to learn at some point, even pros never used it (cuzz they were bad at it).

rotation doesnt have 1 standard way of going. The most primal form of what i can think of is that you have to have 1 at the ball, 1 to backup for a fail and 1 next to or in front of to receive a pass. Just check which one of the 3 is missing. If 2 are missing, go for the safest option.
main: Image
ps4: Image
xkoeckiiej
Missile-Guided
User avatar
Missile-Guided
 
Posts: 1744
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:54 am
Location: Inside Mannfield Arena Playing Doubles
PSN ID: xkoeckiiej_nl
Steam ID: xkoeckiiej
Region: EU

Re: Halp pls! :o [not important]

Postby lordnoob on Wed May 16, 2018 12:25 pm

thank you very much for the replies, it's much appreciated! :)

@ doomstrike: thanks for the advices, i'm gonna try the wall hits right now, i hope i'll find a training pack for it though! x)
also, if there's no one ready for a pass, i'll just shoot the ball as far as i can! thanks again mate, really helpful! :D

@ xkoeckiiej: yeah thanks for the tip! though.. how do I know when my mates are in position or not? X) i can't see them everytime :o should i use the "backvision" thing?

am still not sure about rotations, in plat i know (most of the time) which shots to go for and which shots i shouldn't take, it's a sort of rule in a way.
i know which shots plat people will take, approximately where they are at a given timing, so i don't cut right in front of them, but i guess in order to get those infos for diamond players i'll need.. a diamond player x')
or maybe just get into those games without too much worries, ruin some, and then hope i'll learn naturally :o i'm gonna feel so bad 'bout ruining though.. x'D

anyways thanks for the answers! i'm gonna train for wall hits! :o

EDIT: after trying there's just no way i succeed to make a pass from the wall anyday or anytime, i just don't understand how it's done, i tried everything!
guess i'll just suuck :')
though i think i'll miss less normal shots from the wall ^^'
wasn't able to find a rookie wall shots training though /:
lordnoob
Acrobatic
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:03 am
Steam ID: Hearth
Region: EU

Re: Halp pls! :o [not important]

Postby steblood on Thu May 17, 2018 4:00 pm

When you're going to try hitting the ball off the wall, you want your car to be below the ball, as when you jump off the wall in a forward motion, you have to take into consideration the jump will give you a boost forward. Work with that then perfect the technique.
Motherboard: X299-A | CPU: i9-7900X | RAM: 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2666MHz | GPU: 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti | SSD: 500GB WD Blue™ 3D NAND 2.5" SSD | HDD: 2TB SATA-III | PSU: 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
steblood
Rocket-Powered
User avatar
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 490
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:07 pm
Location: Manchester, UK
PSN ID: steblood
Steam ID: steblood
Region: EU

Re: Halp pls! :o [not important]

Postby lordnoob on Thu May 31, 2018 3:57 am

steblood wrote:When you're going to try hitting the ball off the wall, you want your car to be below the ball, as when you jump off the wall in a forward motion, you have to take into consideration the jump will give you a boost forward. Work with that then perfect the technique.


uh sorry i didn't see the reply there!! thanks for the tip! yeah i guess i'll learn to make a pass.. what i don't manage to do actually is to "setup" the ball for an aerial from the wall, like you have to make a very slight touch to set it up in the air for you to be able to make a pass, and i jsut can't for the moment :') though i guess batmobile doesn't help with that :o
lordnoob
Acrobatic
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:03 am
Steam ID: Hearth
Region: EU

Re: Halp pls! :o [not important]

Postby xkoeckiiej on Thu May 31, 2018 4:08 am

lordnoob wrote:thank you very much for the replies, it's much appreciated! :)

@ doomstrike: thanks for the advices, i'm gonna try the wall hits right now, i hope i'll find a training pack for it though! x)
also, if there's no one ready for a pass, i'll just shoot the ball as far as i can! thanks again mate, really helpful! :D

@ xkoeckiiej: yeah thanks for the tip! though.. how do I know when my mates are in position or not? X) i can't see them everytime :o should i use the "backvision" thing?

am still not sure about rotations, in plat i know (most of the time) which shots to go for and which shots i shouldn't take, it's a sort of rule in a way.
i know which shots plat people will take, approximately where they are at a given timing, so i don't cut right in front of them, but i guess in order to get those infos for diamond players i'll need.. a diamond player x')
or maybe just get into those games without too much worries, ruin some, and then hope i'll learn naturally :o i'm gonna feel so bad 'bout ruining though.. x'D

anyways thanks for the answers! i'm gonna train for wall hits! :o

EDIT: after trying there's just no way i succeed to make a pass from the wall anyday or anytime, i just don't understand how it's done, i tried everything!
guess i'll just suuck :')
though i think i'll miss less normal shots from the wall ^^'
wasn't able to find a rookie wall shots training though /:


Either plays with mates you know will be there
use voice (if a party)
else (probably usefull at all times) use your right stick and look around
main: Image
ps4: Image
xkoeckiiej
Missile-Guided
User avatar
Missile-Guided
 
Posts: 1744
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:54 am
Location: Inside Mannfield Arena Playing Doubles
PSN ID: xkoeckiiej_nl
Steam ID: xkoeckiiej
Region: EU

Re: Halp pls! :o [not important]

Postby lordnoob on Thu May 31, 2018 7:00 pm

thanks xkoeckiiej! i'll try to do the stick thing! :3
lordnoob
Acrobatic
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:03 am
Steam ID: Hearth
Region: EU


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests