Page 1 of 4

Red vs. Blue

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:14 pm
by SHOGUN-CAL
No, not the Halo machinima. Welcome one and all to Red vs. Blue. Honestly not too sure about how well this will turn out but I've planned this so it requires minimal effort on my part, and in the end that's all that matters. Red vs. Blue was the idea of an original Shogun's Series event but since the participation for it was lackluster I closed the tournament. The idea is simple; it's one team vs another, most overall goals wins. If you sign up you will be made a part of the Red or Blue team, chosen by yours truly and select others. The teams will be evenly split after a set sign up deadline and then the games will begin.

The tournament will only last one week, with the winning team being the team with the most overall points by the end. However, in order to encourage more non-1 v 1 games you will be offered a multiplier if you score in team games. The scoring for a goal is as followed:

Goal in 1 v 1 - 1 Point
Goal in 2 v 2 - 2 points
goal in 3 v 3 - 3 points
goal in 4 v 4 - 5 points

Your team will also be offered additional points at the end of the series and after match-ups for completing the following objectives:

- Taking Part: 1 point for each game played
- Hot Potato: Earn an extra 10 points for playing in 10 games
- Kinda Sad Now: 25 bonus points if a players takes part in 25 games
- Seriously?: Bonus 50 points for taking part in 50 games
- GO OUTSIDE: Bonus 100 points for taking part in 100 games
- Fraud Detection: Points scored in a game by someone without an (*) next to their name will be doubled if they beat someone with a (*).
- Brave Soul: 2 Bonus points if someone without an (*) takes on someone who has a (*)
- A New Challenger: All Points gained from your 1st match are doubled (this is applied after all other bonuses)
- I've got friends: 10 points for taking part in more than 5 non 1 v 1 matches

There will be more added if you have any suggestions I'll be happy to hear them

Game rules:
- Players who are considered "elites" among the community will be given a (*) next to their name
- Bonuses that revolve around the elite badge (*) are obsolete in team games if both teams have the same amount of elites on their teams
- ALL MATCHES MUST BE ON A RANDOM MAP
- You may play people multiple times, it's a casual tournament so who gives a fuck. However, you are limited to a maximum of five games against a player/combination
- All matches must be agreed on beforehand, post the results here because I'm gonna read it anyway
- When posting your results you MUST include who was involved in each team.


What do you get for winning?
ABSOLUTELY GOD-DAMN NOTHING



Sign up ends Saturday 13th at middnight

Red-Stars
mye_bipod_4shor
Aiden-Hanberry
Wrong_Way_Woody
AFN1910
Waffles

Blue-Bloods
Ryan0947
Coolcole93
SHOGUN-CAL
PureVilla
Illusorius
Aceofspaze

Re: Red vs. Blue

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:04 pm
by Mye_bipod_4shor
Imm iin



Do I get bonus pointtss for siigning up first?v ;D

Re: Red vs. Blue

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:16 pm
by Eriquo
Surely this can't fail!

Re: Red vs. Blue

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:46 pm
by xX_WAF-FLES_Xx
I would like to join but I can't play for about another 2 weeks.

Re: Red vs. Blue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:34 am
by coolcole93
Why not :) I'm going out today till Sunday night though xxx

Re: Red vs. Blue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:25 am
by Ryan094
I'm in! I'm getting that "GO OUTSIDE" award! 8-)

Re: Red vs. Blue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:47 am
by SHOGUN-CAL
Eriquo wrote:Surely this can't fail!

I'm not entirely sure if this is sarcasm or not so I'll put you down as a maybe.

In other news I'm still the sexiest mother on this forum.

Re: Red vs. Blue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:55 am
by PureVilla
I'll sign up for this :) gg Cal

So they are free to play games, and it doesn't matter (in a way it does because it means you have scored more goals but..) if you lose just how many goals you manage to score?

And if you play a player with a (*) does (eg a 1v1) and you score 2 goals to their 4. Does this mean that it's 4-4?

This looks good to be honest, reminds me of that game show 50/50 :D

copyrights

Edit* And I'm just guessing here, that you may have to pick the colour team that you're in every game. Just a guess...of course

Re: Red vs. Blue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:57 am
by aiden91
SHOGUN-CAL wrote:
Eriquo wrote:Surely this can't fail!

I'm not entirely sure if this is sarcasm or not so I'll put you down as a maybe.

In other news I'm still the sexiest mother on this forum.


its 100% sarcasm.

I'd definitely take part(and stay) in this. it looks to be much better for people who haven't a chance at winning.

Re: Red vs. Blue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:03 am
by Mye_bipod_4shor
Like a hanicap system, i wonder why no one has even thought about an actual SARPBC handicap system. Like in Snooker you can work out a players handicap like:

Mike: -2
Shogun: 0
Mub: 2

Etc.

But i dont think it works like that in this PV, i think its just for the points leaderboard

Re: Red vs. Blue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:11 am
by PureVilla
Mye_bipod_4shor wrote:Like a hanicap system, i wonder why no one has even thought about an actual SARPBC handicap system. Like in Snooker you can work out a players handicap like:

Mike: -2
Shogun: 0
Mub: 2

Etc.

But i dont think it works like that in this PV, i think its just for the points leaderboard


awww...would of been a good idea..however I doubt the group of (*)'s would agree ;)

Re: Red vs. Blue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:14 am
by SHOGUN-CAL
PureVilla wrote:I'll sign up for this :) gg Cal

So they are free to play games, and it doesn't matter (in a way it does because it means you have scored more goals but..) if you lose just how many goals you manage to score?

And if you play a player with a (*) does (eg a 1v1) and you score 2 goals to their 4. Does this mean that it's 4-4?

This looks good to be honest, reminds me of that game show 50/50 :D

copyrights

Yer they are completely free to play games. Although players from the red team can only play people from the blue team, obviously.

Yes the scores for each game will probably get completely blown out of proportion. But who cares, it's a bit of fun. If Someone like let's say aiden plays pod and Aiden isn't an "elite" he's got a better chance of performing well for his team. Although the Fraud Detection bonus only implies if the non-elite player wins.

Aiden 2 vs. 6 Bipod

Bonuses:
Brave Soul is applied to Aiden (+ two points)
Taking Part is applied to Bipod (+ one point)
A New Challenger Bonus is applied to both (All points are doubled)

Red Team Gains 8 Points
Blue Team Gains 14 Points


50/50 was the hypest shit!

Re: Red vs. Blue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:22 am
by PureVilla
SHOGUN-CAL wrote:Yer they are completely free to play games. Although players from the red team can only play people from the blue team, obviously.

Yes the scores for each game will probably get completely blown out of proportion. But who cares, it's a bit of fun. If Someone like let's say aiden plays pod and Aiden isn't an "elite" he's got a better chance of performing well for his team. Although the Fraud Detection bonus only implies if the non-elite player wins.

Aiden 2 vs. 6 Bipod

Bonuses:
Brave Soul is applied to Aiden (+ two points)
Taking Part is applied to Bipod (+ one point)
A New Challenger Bonus is applied to both (All points are doubled)

Red Team Gains 8 Points
Blue Team Gains 14 Points


50/50 was the hypest shit!


Right okay, I understand this now :) What would happen though if it was a 2v2 and 2 (*)'s vs 2 normal and the 2 normal win? Is it x4?
Lol sorry if I'm overcomplicating things a lil :P

Re: Red vs. Blue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:03 am
by SHOGUN-CAL
PureVilla wrote:
SHOGUN-CAL wrote:Yer they are completely free to play games. Although players from the red team can only play people from the blue team, obviously.

Yes the scores for each game will probably get completely blown out of proportion. But who cares, it's a bit of fun. If Someone like let's say aiden plays pod and Aiden isn't an "elite" he's got a better chance of performing well for his team. Although the Fraud Detection bonus only implies if the non-elite player wins.

Aiden 2 vs. 6 Bipod

Bonuses:
Brave Soul is applied to Aiden (+ two points)
Taking Part is applied to Bipod (+ one point)
A New Challenger Bonus is applied to both (All points are doubled)

Red Team Gains 8 Points
Blue Team Gains 14 Points


50/50 was the hypest shit!


Right okay, I understand this now :) What would happen though if it was a 2v2 and 2 (*)'s vs 2 normal and the 2 normal win? Is it x4?
Lol sorry if I'm overcomplicating things a lil :P

Nope you're almost correct It would be a x3 multiplier, you get + 1 multiplier for each elite on the enemy team. Elite status is only going to the very best players so if two of them are teaming up against two lesser players they deserve that x4 bonus. It encourages more variety in team matches and gives everyone a chance to do the best for their side.

Re: Red vs. Blue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:21 am
by Ryan094
Hold on, I'm on holiday from the 15th July to 22nd July, so if that's the week we play, then that's a no-can-do.

Re: Red vs. Blue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:24 am
by SHOGUN-CAL
Ryan094 wrote:Hold on, I'm on holiday from the 15th July to 22nd July, so if that's the week we play, then that's a no-can-do.

13th till the 20th. Might make this a two week tourny though.

Re: Red vs. Blue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:19 am
by Hot Koolaid
I'm in

Re: Red vs. Blue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:42 am
by Aceofspades
Mye_bipod_4shor wrote:Imm iin



Do I get bonus pointtss for siigning up first?v ;D

I really signed up 1st.

We were talking about last night.

Re: Red vs. Blue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:00 am
by The_deceased
How about adding (!) or (#) next to laggers (like Aiden) and award extra points for whoever beats them?

Re: Red vs. Blue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:09 am
by xX_WAF-FLES_Xx
If the tourney is going to be in the last week of July also, then I would be able to join.