Regarding the banned words system...

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Regarding the banned words system...

Postby Savaris on Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:27 pm

I like my games like I like my internet: Toxic, full of sass and witty comebacks, and of varying degrees of skill/intelligence.

I know not everyone shares this preference I'm sure there are plenty on both sides of this argument but no one likes bans. Unless you're a cheater, but then you're just asking for it.

So, why not just give the community a choice of whether or not to be toxic? Take a page out of xbox's book. Have a network setting for "Pro" gamers, casuals, and the trash talking psychos I know and love.

I don't want a ****ing safe space. I want an un-safe space. We'd like the choice to play with unfiltered trash talkers or to "play nice" when I'm feeling casual.
Savaris
Supersonic

Region: US

Re: Regarding the banned words system...

Postby TheGucciMane on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:07 pm

Yeah this is completely stupid, a lot of games are starting to ban words and players for using them. It's the internet for christ sake. I log in to be banned for 24 hours, and the ban doesn't even start until I am logged in??? Are you kidding me??
TheGucciMane
Supersonic

Steam ID: Gucci Mane

Postby Tentacles on Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:21 am

Here here!
Tentacles
Extraordinarily Talkative
Extraordinarily Talkative

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby N7Mith on Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:44 pm

TheGucciMane wrote:Yeah this is completely stupid, a lot of games are starting to ban words and players for using them. It's the internet for christ sake. I log in to be banned for 24 hours, and the ban doesn't even start until I am logged in??? Are you kidding me??

Wouldn't be much of a ban if you didn't check in :roll:
Shabadabadoom! Merc love!
N7Mith
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Postby Striven on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:53 am

I agree to this to an extent. Using curse words seems like something that should be fine IF there is no warning about a ban. Hundreds of people get banned from cursing without knowing it's a rule. If it shows that cursing is a rule at some beginning page (verification section showing that a cursing is a bannable offense) then it should be not allowed. If not then cursing should be allowed to an extent. No discrimination of any sort. Everything else seems to be OK other than that.
Striven
Supersonic

Steam ID: Striven

Postby xkoeckiiej on Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:59 pm

Striven wrote:I agree to this to an extent. Using curse words seems like something that should be fine IF there is no warning about a ban. Hundreds of people get banned from cursing without knowing it's a rule. If it shows that cursing is a rule at some beginning page (verification section showing that a cursing is a bannable offense) then it should be not allowed. If not then cursing should be allowed to an extent. No discrimination of any sort. Everything else seems to be OK other than that.

its common sense.
you dont kill someone when youre a kid while u never been told to not kill someone.
you dont injure someone
you dont freaking insult/curse to someone
its all in the same alley

thing is though, when youre behind your screen u feel like no-one can touch you or at least it has no impact on whether people play with you or not.
while would you have done this in real life, the person you cursed or even his friends will stop playing with you.

just because u dont face those people in real life doesnt mean you are allowed to insult them / curse.

if you want to do it to yourself, do it to yourself and not in a chat which is meant to interact with others.
xkoeckiiej
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xkoeckiiej_nl
Steam ID: xkoeckiiej
Region: EU

Postby littlebigleg on Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:32 pm

if you are not a dickhead you wont get banned,its pretty straight forward really,Psyonix had to do something because the toxic behavior started to make playing the game a very unpleasant experience for the majority of players. It is a pegi 3 after all.If they could add a flame war option where anything goes,i would be up for that.
littlebigleg
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

GamerTag: littlebigleg
Region: eu

Postby N7Mith on Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:53 pm

I wouldn't mind a setting for trashtalk. Anything goes, and nobody can be reported for harassment.

Until it's there everyone has to play nice.
N7Mith
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Postby N7Mith on Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:58 pm

xkoeckiiej wrote:
just because u dont face those people in real life doesnt mean you are allowed to insult them / curse.

if you want to do it to yourself, do it to yourself and not in a chat which is meant to interact with others.

But the game doesn't ban for insults, just for swearing. I don't give a shit about most words (I know are) on the list, just the racial slurs.

But I'm on ps4, and over 1,000 words get filtered out before it reaches the game's filter, so whatever.
N7Mith
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

Postby JacobThePigeon on Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:08 pm

I'm lazy, so here's a copy/pasta from steam discussions.
JacobThePigeon wrote:If you believe that you were wrongly banned, please contact our Support team so they can look into the situation.
https://support.rocketleague.com/

If you would like to avoid any [further] bans, here's a link to the Rocket League Code of Conduct and Banning Policy.

While you and I may not be offended by words, there are those out there who are, and regulations have been set in place to prevent toxic behavior within RL's servers.

In a similar fashion, back in the day you used to be able to smoke in a restaurant publicly, until others got fed up inhaling smoke while they were trying to eat. Laws were then set in place so everyone has a right to a good eating environment.

So for future reference, have some decency, - have some self control - don't swear in-game unless you're okay with the consequences.

It's really not that hard.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - JacobThePigeon - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - Steam Image | Allied-Gaming Image | Luxury Auto Body Image - -

JacobThePigeon
Community Helper
Community Helper

PSN ID: JacobLePigeon
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:110014782
Region: Canada (US-E)

Return to General Discussion