Starred Name?

Any and all discussion relating to Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars.

Starred Name?

Postby Szirokko on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:05 am

Ahoi!

A while ago kobajashi and I were playing against a player who had a little golden star displayed next to his name, in-game. We wondered if that occurs after having finished all single-exercices and -games, but after a friend completed thos last week, he was sorely dissappointed to see no star showed. Do you have to finish all trophies or what? We never saw a "starred" player again and wonder... If you cannot score double aireals in series, you might as weel strive for a star... Vanities, tststs...

Thanx!
Szirokko
Acrobatic

PSN ID: Szirokko

Re: Starred Name?

Postby aiden91 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:35 am

The stars are given out by Psyonix for either doing something good in the community, or sometimes as prizes for winning tournaments.

They were also given out if you entered a replay in the community montage which was done a couple of years ago now.
aiden91
???????????
???????????

Region: EU/US

Postby sfex3best on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:54 am

See the power of the star it brought this guy on to the forums. Maybe you should give me a star Psyonix I think the forum could do with more people.
sfex3best
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: sfex3champion
Region: EU

Postby el-trickser on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:06 am

sfex3best wrote:See the power of the star it brought this guy on to the forums. Maybe you should give me a star Psyonix I think the forum could do with more people.

^helps a lot if you play playstation allstars all day
Signatures/ Banners click here
Deutsches Forum Hier
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1358031009.png
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:Its a two pronged attack. The other prong was late.
el-trickser
Assault-Craft
Assault-Craft

PSN ID: el-trickser
Region: EU&US

Postby sfex3best on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:32 am

El it actually does help playing PlayStation All Stars all day because your likely to find a none sarper on PSASBR. Me and ANDI already managed to get one guy into sarpbc and he really enjoys it too. Plus I made a thread about SARPBC on the PSASBR forums too.

But anyway el I still do play Sarpbc just not as much. I still would jump on to a team match straight away if asked.
sfex3best
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: sfex3champion

Postby Szirokko on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:45 am

aiden91 wrote:The stars are given out by Psyonix for either doing something good in the community, or sometimes as prizes for winning tournaments.

They were also given out if you entered a replay in the community montage which was done a couple of years ago now.

Ta! ... "something good for the community"... mmh...
Szirokko
Acrobatic

Postby The_deceased on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:32 am

Chances are that the one you have seen is probably a NS winner. You can find a list of them at the end of the first post. No clue how long will it last, but I'd start taking screen shots if I were them, lol.

:yaypsyonix:
The_deceased
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: The_deceased
Region: NA/EU

Postby coolcole93 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:20 pm

;) You called?
:yaypsyonix: Image :yaypsyonix:
coolcole93
???????????
???????????

PSN ID: coolcole93
Steam ID: [VNP]Cole93

Postby Fenrir12 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:25 pm

The_deceased wrote:Chances are that the one you have seen is probably a NS winner. You can find a list of them at the end of the first post. No clue how long will it last, but I'd start taking screen shots if I were them, lol.

Why did Natural Selection winners get stars? :S
Not to say it wasn't a good tournament, nicely run with an awesome friendly organiser willing to give out PSN cards, but it is still just a 'for-fun' sort of tournament?
RIP Cattle Bars: 169 Wins, 40 Losses. Top 5 in EU for a very long time.
Fenrir12

PSN ID: Fenrir12

Postby WrongWayWoody on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:35 pm

Fenrir12 wrote:
The_deceased wrote:Chances are that the one you have seen is probably a NS winner. You can find a list of them at the end of the first post. No clue how long will it last, but I'd start taking screen shots if I were them, lol.

Not to say it wasn't a good tournament, nicely run with an awesome friendly organiser willing to give out PSN cards, but it is still just a 'for-fun' sort of tournament?

I don't the think any of the winners got a star, and hes just talking shit. So...... :ban:
protagonist1 wrote:Mr. Woody sir. :mrgreen:

Psyonix-Jerad wrote: It is coming, and when it's here, it will be worth the wait.

WrongWayWoody wrote: Only saddoes quote themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NedNunn?feature=mhee
WrongWayWoody
Extraordinarily Talkative
Extraordinarily Talkative

PSN ID: Wrong_Way_Woody
Steam ID: Wrong_Way_Woody
Region: EU & US

Postby Nieza on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:32 pm

Lol! Welcome on the forum, Szirokko. Took you long enough. :D
1 & 2
Nieza
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: Nieza
Steam ID: Nieza

Postby The_deceased on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:40 pm

WrongWayWoody wrote:
Fenrir12 wrote:

I don't the think any of the winners got a star, and hes just talking shit. So...... :ban:

Ban WWW, the blasphemer!

Jerad told me the same when I asked him, lol. But he made an exception for this time only since it was the last one (or because he was in a good mood). As for the PSN cards, I was following your lead when you offered prizes for the top flight tournament, :) . I guess all NS winners owe you!
The_deceased
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby Cougar on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:08 am

aiden91 wrote:The stars are given out by Psyonix for either doing something good in the community, or sometimes as prizes for winning tournaments.

Completely unrelated, but I had to do a double take after I saw this grammar and spelling to make sure it was you. You okay there, Aiden? :cheesygrin:

Oh yeah, what they said.
Cougar
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: TheCougar44
Steam ID: CougarsGonnaCoug
Region: Both

Postby aiden91 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 am

Cougar wrote:

Completely unrelated, but I had to do a double take after I saw this grammar and spelling to make sure it was you. You okay there, Aiden? :cheesygrin:

Oh yeah, what they said.

whuts.
aiden91
???????????
???????????

Region: EU/US

Postby Mye_bipod_4shor on Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:31 am

Lol, just playing sarp now, mine is gonee but Mikes is stilll thheeree? :(
SARPBC 2 - Rocket League Humour
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:It's still pretty low. I find myself sad when I get a new item and it's a piece of sheet.
Mye_bipod_4shor
Viceroy of Code Geass
Viceroy of Code Geass

PSN ID: mye_bipod_4shor
Steam ID: Mye_bipod_4shor
Region: EU & US

Postby The_deceased on Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:47 am

Mye_bipod_4shor wrote:Lol, just playing sarp now, mine is gonee but Mikes is stilll thheeree? :(

Didn't even get to see yours :dork:

Better let them know that they forgot to remove m1ke's!
The_deceased
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby Fenrir12 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:33 am

The_deceased wrote:As for the PSN cards, I was following your lead when you offered prizes for the top flight tournament, :) . I guess all NS winners owe you!

That was totally M1K3rules's money and idea, I just made the flash table for him. :)
RIP Cattle Bars: 169 Wins, 40 Losses. Top 5 in EU for a very long time.
Fenrir12

PSN ID: Fenrir12

Postby Szirokko on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:23 am

Nieza wrote:Lol! Welcome on the forum, Szirokko. Took you long enough. :D

Ah, finally I've actually met on the field... Hi Nieza! I've followed it long enough and like the pleasant tone of polite but unforgiving competetiveness...

Why is it that I hardly ever see somebody from these forums here in the game? Are you all US-based? If so: How does one change servers? Some complicated IP-change-device or just changing your profile's location? My buddy kobajashi an I would love to get a thrashing from the guys in the latest community montage...
Szirokko
Acrobatic

Postby coolcole93 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:59 am

Szirokko wrote:

Ah, finally I've actually met on the field... Hi Nieza! I've followed it long enough and like the pleasant tone of polite but unforgiving competetiveness...

Why is it that I hardly ever see somebody from these forums here in the game? Are you all US-based? If so: How does one change servers? Some complicated IP-change-device or just changing your profile's location? My buddy kobajashi an I would love to get a thrashing from the guys in the latest community montage...

We're mostly EU! It's just that most forum users have finally moved on from the game for the most part :( Do you play ranked or unranked?
:yaypsyonix: Image :yaypsyonix:
coolcole93
???????????
???????????

PSN ID: coolcole93
Steam ID: [VNP]Cole93

Postby Szirokko on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:46 am

coolcole93 wrote:
Szirokko wrote:

We're mostly EU! It's just that most forum users have finally moved on from the game for the most part :( Do you play ranked or unranked?

How can you move on from Autoball?!? No game kept me busy and challenged and satisfied (less thann challenged) over such a long period, and I'm in my third decade of gaming...

Anyhow: We mostly play unranked as we like to chat while playing. Is there any other advantage to ranked games than seeing your name up in lights in the ranking?
Szirokko
Acrobatic

Next

Return to General Discussion